Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 325. (Read 108634 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 13, 2023, 04:35:10 AM
And they know the market behaviour so and DCA method is for everyone.

I agree with the statement above that what is needed is full control over emotional reactions to market pressure when investing even though you have used the DCA technique and the referee in BTC transactions is a miner as an intermediary.
Activity: 322
Merit: 299
December 13, 2023, 03:29:27 AM
So yeah, let's take the person with some level of cashflow and expenses, and sometimes the cashflow might vary, so they can try to account for variance in terms of keeping and emergency fund and/or just preparing in advance for how much they might be able to spend on BTC and/or any other investment that they are considering each month.   So if their monthly income is $2,400, yet by the time the calculate all of their expenses, they see that their extra cashflow is ONLY around $120 to $400 per month, so there are going to be some months where they are able to invest $100 per week into bitcoin and there are other months that they are able to invest only $30 per week into bitcoin, and so if they are averaging around $240 per month invested into bitcoin, then that would be 10% of their income going into bitcoin, and frequently it is difficult for people to save/invest more than 10% of their salary into bitcoin and/or anything else, but if they are seriously wanting to be aggressive in their BTC investment they might be able to figure out ways to have more discretionary income to be able to invest more, yet at the same time, they also might question if they might want to diversify into other assets (and I am not necessarily referring to shitcoins), but there still can questions about how effective it would be to diversify any investment prior to really building up the investment size, and even if we take an example of someone who is consistently investing 10% of his/her income into bitcoin or anything else, it is still going to take around 10 years, to build up to the size of 1 years income and/or expenses, so if some one is wanting to get to having between 20 and 30 years of income saved up (invested), then there could be some expectations that the investment grows, whether it is over 10 years time, or maybe it takes 20-30 years to get to a point in which it might be getting large enough to serve as a passive income within that size of a value that is 20-30 years of income/expenses.
It is important to account for any variance in your income and expenses to ensure you have enough to invest each month. It is understandable that there will months where you invest more and others where you invest less. As long as you are consistently investing a percentage of your income like 10% into Bitcoin you are on the right track. It is important to build up the size of your investments before doing so. It take time but with consistent investing you can respectively build up your investment size and potentially create a passive income stream.

I believe in investing in Bitcoin but I don't believe that an investor should invest a lot of money at the beginning of the investment. Suppose a person pooled his one year's income and invested in Bitcoin and I started investing with him. The difference between my investment with that person is that I invested the entire amount in bitcoins instead of saving money every month and also that person saved his money every month to invest more money in this case I would say I invested earlier than that person and my investment is more profitable. Having invested in Bitcoin before means that I have a better chance, since I can only afford to invest a certain amount of money every month, so why should I wait a long time to accumulate more money and then invest in Bitcoin?

If we delay our decision, we may change our decision. Maybe now I have enough interest to invest in Bitcoin and I don't have any financial need, I can invest in Bitcoin as easily now as I can in a year but I won't be able to invest in Bitcoin as easily. Maybe within this year I may face some financial problem due to which the money I am trying to save for investment will have to be spent on something else. If I can invest $200 every month then the price of bitcoin is changing every month and I can invest every time the price of bitcoin changes but the risk in my investment is reduced.  

Suppose this month the price of bitcoin is 40 thousand dollars, this month I invested 200 dollars, the next month the price of bitcoin is 42000 dollars, then I invested 200 dollars, that is, the price of bitcoin is pumping and dumping at every stage, but my investment remains. On the other hand, if I invest all the money together, I don't get the opportunity to invest in every stage of Bitcoin price change.  
I believe so much that if I can invest consistently then that investment is for me and I will definitely get something good out of that investment.
Investing consistently help reduce the risk of investing a lot of money at once. By investing a same amount every month we can take advantage of price changes and buying Bitcoin at different prices. This will help balance out your investment and make it low affected by sudden change in the market.

It is also important to consider that investing a larger amount at once can have its benefits. If you have a lot of money available investing it all at once can let you take advantage of immediate opportunities or price changes. It's important to think about the pros and cons and your own comfort with risk before deciding how to invest. Because this is the method which is for traders and they have the risk management. And they know the market behaviour so and DCA method is for everyone. Who can use for better investment.

Activity: 336
Merit: 272
December 13, 2023, 03:25:33 AM
So largely we were in a bull market starting from the late 2018 bottom until the late 2021 top, but the bull market may not have been confirmed until around May or so 2019.. and then the bear market of 2022 was not really confirmed until about May of 2022. .and so then that bear market went until the end of 2022, and it was not confirmed that we were out of the bear market and back in a bull market until somewhere in mid-2023 - even though we may have had doubts with the September bottoming below $25k.. so mostly it is likely confirmed that we are in a bull market right now and we are not going to be sure how long it is going to last or what it might take to get us out of the bull market.. Do we even need to attempt to describe it?  I doubt it, and surely the last 2 days does not tell us diddly squat about anything except maybe a bit of a rest of the uppity or maybe a correction that could go down to $35k or to $30k and maybe even lower.. but i doubt that we are going to be out of the current bull market, even if we might experience some sub $30k dips.. and i am not even saying that any dip is necessary beyond the current dip that we had down to $40,181 (so far).. there is no need for any further dip, but there is also no way of knowing (beyond guessing.. or drawing some silly squigglie lines that are likely similar to guesses) whether any further dip is going to happen or not..  
There are speculations that we might get to $35k to $30k, but It is just a speculations which I don't really care much about. There will always be speculations in the market, which will make some paper hands sell off their Bitcoin they bought around the high of the current run that got to $45k. But someone who has been around for so long will understand that this is a perfect time to acquire more. Most newbies are most likely to empty their bags with the hope that when we get to $35k or $30k they will buy which I don't even see happening. But for me I will act according to the name of the group. Buy the dip and hodl!!
Activity: 476
Merit: 141
December 13, 2023, 03:15:20 AM
Buying every dip between -2% to -8% is a good choice if you want to accumulate. Of course, it's still a good idea to do DCA rather than all at once - but the best option of course depends on the amount of budget you have. If you have $50 in your account and at that time the price of bitcoin falls by -7% - then don't do DCA, but buy it lump sum.
I keep regressing on what you said, of course a decline in price of - 2% to - 8% is good enough to accumulate Bitcoin. I would speak on my own understanding, it depends on the price at which the price drops, we should be able to differentiate when Bitcoin is being volatile and when experiencing a dip. So we can know when to apply our strategies, for maximum profits.

You can never invest in Bitcoin long-term DCA method with profit loss. One such strategy is investing in the DCA method that helps an investor raise money and encourage them to invest in Bitcoin. Investing in DCA method is on average how much % you will invest. Currently 41k bitcoin price if you invest 5% percent of your wealth now and invest 5% again the next day. If you invest in this way then success will surely be achieved. Never invest your entire wealth in one step, invest in different stages, then calculate the average amount of your purchased bitcoins.

There's no point buying with DCA if you have a low budget - say $50, I mean the bitcoins you get won't be significant. So consider decisions wisely and be wise in making decisions even if you are not good at analyzing.
Who on earth would want to set a budget of such a little amount, those who invest this little are those who always wait to buy the  DIP but those Dcaing will need to invest large amount cause they keep buying at different prices, bit by bit base on the budget they have in mind.

Investors who invest in DCA method invest small amount of assets regularly in weekly or monthly DCA method. DCA method is definitely successful for those who invest small amount regularly if you invest properly. So no one ever keeps all their eggs in one basket, you can store bitcoins in multiple solid wallets then properly planned investments. If you want you can invest 5 to 10 dollars per week it is totally up to you.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 370
December 13, 2023, 12:31:52 AM
Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.
I believe in investing in Bitcoin but I don't believe that an investor should invest a lot of money at the beginning of the investment. Suppose a person pooled his one year's income and invested in Bitcoin and I started investing with him. The difference between my investment with that person is that I invested the entire amount in bitcoins instead of saving money every month and also that person saved his money every month to invest more money in this case I would say I invested earlier than that person and my investment is more profitable. Having invested in Bitcoin before means that I have a better chance, since I can only afford to invest a certain amount of money every month, so why should I wait a long time to accumulate more money and then invest in Bitcoin?

If we delay our decision, we may change our decision. Maybe now I have enough interest to invest in Bitcoin and I don't have any financial need, I can invest in Bitcoin as easily now as I can in a year but I won't be able to invest in Bitcoin as easily. Maybe within this year I may face some financial problem due to which the money I am trying to save for investment will have to be spent on something else. If I can invest $200 every month then the price of bitcoin is changing every month and I can invest every time the price of bitcoin changes but the risk in my investment is reduced.  

Suppose this month the price of bitcoin is 40 thousand dollars, this month I invested 200 dollars, the next month the price of bitcoin is 42000 dollars, then I invested 200 dollars, that is, the price of bitcoin is pumping and dumping at every stage, but my investment remains. On the other hand, if I invest all the money together, I don't get the opportunity to invest in every stage of Bitcoin price change.  
I believe so much that if I can invest consistently then that investment is for me and I will definitely get something good out of that investment.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
December 12, 2023, 10:01:02 PM
I still think that whether we are in a bear market or a bull market might not be known until several months after we convert over from one to the other, so there is a bit of a lagging indication regarding where we might be, and people like to switch their tunes based on corrections or even temporary price runs, when the overall trend might be more difficult to really figure out until we are kind of far enough that we can say that "the top is in" or "the bottom is in."

And, with our current bottom of $15,479 in November 2022, it might have taken a bit of time to start to get confidence that "the bottom is in," and you can recall that we toyed with $28k to $32k for several times, before finally breaking through $32k in mid-October, but still at the same time, we might have already gotten confidence that "the bottom was in" by the time we had already started to spend quite a bit of time in the mid-to-upper $20ks and even the last time that we had BTC prices go below $20k was for a short correction in early March 2023.. so after that time the BTC price never really got below $24,500.. so we might have started to feel confidence that the $15,479 bottom of November 2022 was in, ven though we still got a dipping of the BTC price below $25k as late as mid-September 2023... so sometimes we cannot really be sure whether we are in a bear market or a bullmarket even though we start to have confidence that the bear market was over, which seems to be more clear to be attempting to describe those kind of uncertainties rather than flip flopping by saying that we are in a bull and then a bear and then a bull and then a bear .. all within less than a calendar year, and i have never really seen it to be convincing in bitcoin regarding when we might be able to call that a bull market or a bear market is in place... which largely just attempt to reflect on larger trends rather than re-describing where we are at based on smaller movements within the seemingly larger trends.  

I am also not very excited when folks say that bitcoin has been in a bull market since it started, and even though that is technically true, it tends to gloss over what seems to be a so far historical pattern of a couple years up, then a couple years down or sideways and then a couple years up and then repeat repeat repeat..  
That's right sir, we are in an uncertain situation between bearish and bullish because the movements that have occurred have changed so quickly if you look at it in the last two days.

That seems to be exactly the opposite of what I was saying.  

So largely we were in a bull market starting from the late 2018 bottom until the late 2021 top, but the bull market may not have been confirmed until around May or so 2019.. and then the bear market of 2022 was not really confirmed until about May of 2022. .and so then that bear market went until the end of 2022, and it was not confirmed that we were out of the bear market and back in a bull market until somewhere in mid-2023 - even though we may have had doubts with the September bottoming below $25k.. so mostly it is likely confirmed that we are in a bull market right now and we are not going to be sure how long it is going to last or what it might take to get us out of the bull market.. Do we even need to attempt to describe it?  I doubt it, and surely the last 2 days does not tell us diddly squat about anything except maybe a bit of a rest of the uppity or maybe a correction that could go down to $35k or to $30k and maybe even lower.. but i doubt that we are going to be out of the current bull market, even if we might experience some sub $30k dips.. and i am not even saying that any dip is necessary beyond the current dip that we had down to $40,181 (so far).. there is no need for any further dip, but there is also no way of knowing (beyond guessing.. or drawing some silly squigglie lines that are likely similar to guesses) whether any further dip is going to happen or not..  

I agree with you it may take a few more months to see a real bull market. By looking at the price of bitcoin at the previous ATH of $69k of course at today's price we are still below the highest price which is good enough to buy bitcoin gradually.

Well do whatever you think in regards to buying, and if you are just getting into bitcoin, you might be in a very uncomfortable spot, to be buying from here.. but it might be you ONLY choice, if you are just getting into bitcoin and if you have low coins or no coins, you may well just need to suck it up and buy what you can and continue to buy for the next 4 years or more and then see where you are at.

If you have been around for a while (like your forum registration date suggests that you have been around since mid-2015, so you would have had more time to accumulate bitcoin so your already having had accumulated bitcoin may well give you more luxuries in regards to how you might play the current correction or if you just continue to regularly buy in the event that you had not figured out that you should be preparing for UPpity.. especially in the last year and a half or so.. if you had not been accumulating BTC in the period between mid-to late 2018 and late 2020.. and also if you had not been accumulating BTC in 2015, 2016 and even early 2017..

So yeah, your own journey should help to better inform you about what specifically to do.

I think some people have a different opinion because they refer to the bitcoin spot etf which is believed to be approved so they say we have entered the bullish season. Even though that's not true, I think the increase in volume really confirms that bullishness will actually occur next year. Happy to see prices continue to rise and also being able to hold on in this rising situation will be enough motivation to be able to hold longer.

It surely can be uncomfortable for anyone who is fairly new to BTC accumulation to be able to feel that they have enough time to accumulate BTC, especially if they are planning to hold for the long term.. but there still can be dilemmas regarding what to do... and so these are likely one of those times that there are advantages to have already been accumulating BTC for a while. versus someone who are newer on the BTC investment journey.
Activity: 737
Merit: 551
December 12, 2023, 09:25:14 PM
I still think that whether we are in a bear market or a bull market might not be known until several months after we convert over from one to the other, so there is a bit of a lagging indication regarding where we might be, and people like to switch their tunes based on corrections or even temporary price runs, when the overall trend might be more difficult to really figure out until we are kind of far enough that we can say that "the top is in" or "the bottom is in."

And, with our current bottom of $15,479 in November 2022, it might have taken a bit of time to start to get confidence that "the bottom is in," and you can recall that we toyed with $28k to $32k for several times, before finally breaking through $32k in mid-October, but still at the same time, we might have already gotten confidence that "the bottom was in" by the time we had already started to spend quite a bit of time in the mid-to-upper $20ks and even the last time that we had BTC prices go below $20k was for a short correction in early March 2023.. so after that time the BTC price never really got below $24,500.. so we might have started to feel confidence that the $15,479 bottom of November 2022 was in, ven though we still got a dipping of the BTC price below $25k as late as mid-September 2023... so sometimes we cannot really be sure whether we are in a bear market or a bullmarket even though we start to have confidence that the bear market was over, which seems to be more clear to be attempting to describe those kind of uncertainties rather than flip flopping by saying that we are in a bull and then a bear and then a bull and then a bear .. all within less than a calendar year, and i have never really seen it to be convincing in bitcoin regarding when we might be able to call that a bull market or a bear market is in place... which largely just attempt to reflect on larger trends rather than re-describing where we are at based on smaller movements within the seemingly larger trends.  

I am also not very excited when folks say that bitcoin has been in a bull market since it started, and even though that is technically true, it tends to gloss over what seems to be a so far historical pattern of a couple years up, then a couple years down or sideways and then a couple years up and then repeat repeat repeat..  
That's right sir, we are in an uncertain situation between bearish and bullish because the movements that have occurred have changed so quickly if you look at it in the last two days. I agree with you it may take a few more months to see a real bull market. By looking at the price of bitcoin at the previous ATH of $69k of course at today's price we are still below the highest price which is good enough to buy bitcoin gradually.

I think some people have a different opinion because they refer to the bitcoin spot etf which is believed to be approved so they say we have entered the bullish season. Even though that's not true, I think the increase in volume really confirms that bullishness will actually occur next year. Happy to see prices continue to rise and also being able to hold on in this rising situation will be enough motivation to be able to hold longer.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
December 12, 2023, 07:32:59 PM
Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.

So yeah, let's take the person with some level of cashflow and expenses, and sometimes the cashflow might vary, so they can try to account for variance in terms of keeping and emergency fund and/or just preparing in advance for how much they might be able to spend on BTC and/or any other investment that they are considering each month.   So if their monthly income is $2,400, yet by the time the calculate all of their expenses, they see that their extra cashflow is ONLY around $120 to $400 per month, so there are going to be some months where they are able to invest $100 per week into bitcoin and there are other months that they are able to invest only $30 per week into bitcoin, and so if they are averaging around $240 per month invested into bitcoin, then that would be 10% of their income going into bitcoin, and frequently it is difficult for people to save/invest more than 10% of their salary into bitcoin and/or anything else, but if they are seriously wanting to be aggressive in their BTC investment they might be able to figure out ways to have more discretionary income to be able to invest more, yet at the same time, they also might question if they might want to diversify into other assets (and I am not necessarily referring to shitcoins), but there still can questions about how effective it would be to diversify any investment prior to really building up the investment size, and even if we take an example of someone who is consistently investing 10% of his/her income into bitcoin or anything else, it is still going to take around 10 years, to build up to the size of 1 years income and/or expenses, so if some one is wanting to get to having between 20 and 30 years of income saved up (invested), then there could be some expectations that the investment grows, whether it is over 10 years time, or maybe it takes 20-30 years to get to a point in which it might be getting large enough to serve as a passive income within that size of a value that is 20-30 years of income/expenses.

The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"
I don't really like the idea of flip-flopping back and forth from we are in a bear market or we are in a bull market, and so sure, you may be correct Odohu that the bull market has not been confirmed yet, but I doubt that you are correct that we are not in a bull market.   Almost always there are corrections along the way, but that does not take us out of the bull market, unless maybe we go back to test the bottom such as $15,479 or maybe even getting below $20k or something like that.

Sure, you are free to talk about these markets as if they are flip flopping, but I doubt it brings vary much clarity to frame them in that kind of way.  

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978, it does seem to appear that we could have some pretty severe corrections from here that could even go back down to the local low and maybe even lower, but surely a decent amount of space has been created between the two, and perhaps it will be difficult to get back down to that September low of $24,920, and maybe getting back below $30k might also be difficult, even though we surely are not very far away from $30k.. but even having had said all of that, sometimes in bitcoin's historical price performance, it does not go back to those previous prices, so if we end up getting more UP before down, then it could contribute to some difficulties in getting back to those kinds of lower prices such as either below $30k or below or touching upon the 200-week moving average which currently is at $28,622.

Yes, we know that the BTC price can go either way, and the BTC price is especially vulnerable to a deep correction when it has gone up quite a bit in a short period of time, but I doubt that means that we would be flip flopping from bear to bull and then back to bear.. when maybe we might be getting caught into semantics a bit in terms of trying to describe where we are at and what is the current trend.
You are correct sir

From the market direction it has proven and broken all indications that we are no longer in bear or having to say from Odohu that we are going to witnessed any dip currently, even though there will be, it could just be a market correct which I know won't go below $29k if at all it would go... This is not possible even though we can say that BTC is highly volatile but that doesn't mean that is a flip flop, there could be a little sideways movements but this won't entirely affect or effects the entire direction of bitcoin price to start dipping down in a way to go against its principle as they said " That we have the Bull and Bear season" Which we are currently on the bull run compared to where the price was right in the beginning of this year or do I say last year yet the market didn't disobey its principle.

It can be tempting for the price but there isn't a way the price would go against how its designed and configured, even though there are any kind of news that may hit the market so hard but that doesn't mean it would instantaneously changes its direction to bear sign or having to go below $29k although any thing is possible over here but with the fate and believe I have so far in bitcoin progression and the history never seized to repeat itself.

Activity: 224
Merit: 195
December 12, 2023, 07:31:50 PM
Buying every dip between -2% to -8% is a good choice if you want to accumulate. Of course, it's still a good idea to do DCA rather than all at once - but the best option of course depends on the amount of budget you have. If you have $50 in your account and at that time the price of bitcoin falls by -7% - then don't do DCA, but buy it lump sum.
I keep regressing on what you said, of course a decline in price of - 2% to - 8% is good enough to accumulate Bitcoin. I would speak on my own understanding, it depends on the price at which the price drops, we should be able to differentiate when Bitcoin is being volatile and when experiencing a dip. So we can know when to apply our strategies, for maximum profits.

There's no point buying with DCA if you have a low budget - say $50, I mean the bitcoins you get won't be significant. So consider decisions wisely and be wise in making decisions even if you are not good at analyzing.
Who on earth would want to set a budget of such a little amount, those who invest this little are those who always wait to buy the  DIP but those Dcaing will need to invest large amount cause they keep buying at different prices, bit by bit base on the budget they have in mind.
Activity: 476
Merit: 141
December 12, 2023, 07:18:14 PM
-snip-
Take advantage of the opportunity if the market changes quickly like what happened in the past two days when from $44k it fell to $41k. Enter gradually at every price that you think will be touched because the market is difficult to predict because it may rise suddenly and fall suddenly. I'm not good at reading charts, so I don't care about prices when accumulating Bitcoin because with DCA we will get a price that is cheaper than our planned target.

Investing in Bitcoin and a strategy if you follow the DCA method you can definitely hold for the long term properly. Usually in DIP case, many people directly earn and BUY Bitcoin. But many people spend their income at home, using the extra money they don't spend and investing weekly or monthly bitcoins following the DCA method. I myself invest 5% to 10% of my income every 15 days ($15-$20). I just started investing recently. I use a solid wallet for long-term investments.
Activity: 854
Merit: 327
December 12, 2023, 07:03:14 PM
From my observation not all investors will end up making profit for example the ones that never get satisfied with their investment they always want more using the money meant for food stuffs etc to accumulate more they will always end up selling without a target to settle family needs,
If there is a feeling of unsatisfaction with the amount used in investing, that feeling of unsatisfaction and hunger for more should be used in search of more ways to make more money so as to be able to have more to be able to invest in bitcoins with. The unsatisfaction should not make you disrupt the allocations in your budget and make reductions where you should not, just to have more for bitcoins. Only comfortable holders can keep bitcoins for as long as possible.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
Playgram - The Telegram Casino
December 12, 2023, 06:10:31 PM
-snip-
Take advantage of the opportunity if the market changes quickly like what happened in the past two days when from $44k it fell to $41k. Enter gradually at every price that you think will be touched because the market is difficult to predict because it may rise suddenly and fall suddenly. I'm not good at reading charts, so I don't care about prices when accumulating Bitcoin because with DCA we will get a price that is cheaper than our planned target.

Activity: 1358
Merit: 627
December 12, 2023, 05:57:12 PM
You are correct sir

From the market direction it has proven and broken all indications that we are no longer in bear or having to say from Odohu that we are going to witnessed any dip currently, even though there will be, it could just be a market correct which I know won't go below $29k if at all it would go... This is not possible even though we can say that BTC is highly volatile but that doesn't mean that is a flip flop, there could be a little sideways movements but this won't entirely affect or effects the entire direction of bitcoin price to start dipping down in a way to go against its principle as they said " That we have the Bull and Bear season" Which we are currently on the bull run compared to where the price was right in the beginning of this year or do I say last year yet the market didn't disobey its principle.

It can be tempting for the price but there isn't a way the price would go against how its designed and configured, even though there are any kind of news that may hit the market so hard but that doesn't mean it would instantaneously changes its direction to bear sign or having to go below $29k although any thing is possible over here but with the fate and believe I have so far in bitcoin progression and the history never seized to repeat itself.

Why wait for the news because it will make you regret it later because if you expect something to happen with the news then it will disappoint you. Just enjoy every dips in buying and Holding for assets for your old age. Arrange your investment planning as best as possible and hopefully we can hold the BTC that we have purchased through DCA for long term.
Activity: 434
Merit: 253
December 12, 2023, 10:27:26 AM
I understand what you are saying, but it's not always easy for newbies to stop watching the daily movement of Bitcoin price, or constantly asking for what's the price of Bitcoin today. I think this is necessary in preparing them to also understand the process. You know a child will start crawl before he/she can walk and run. Even if you advise them not to do so they won't listen, at some point every investors went through such emotional problems that's associated with monitoring the daily price of Bitcoin.
The best thing you can do for a newbie is to advice them to use the DCA method. I know the amount of anxiety, time wastage and money it cost me when I was glued to the screen monitoring Bitcoin price when I started my journey of Bitcoin. The DCA method eliminates all these because the moment you start using the DCA method, you subconsciously know you are in for a long ride. The anxiety and eager to see your assets in profits will be gone. Any newbie who adopt this method of investing will truly do very well in managing the portfolio. 

Since the price of bitcoin has down from $44,000 to $41,000, so I think a buy on dip strategy is worth considering now. I don't think such a correction will last long, especially since the halving and ETF have been the reason for the big rally. Personally, DCA isn't really needed right now, lump sum seems to be the best option.
Do you think that $41,000 is the bottom of the retracement? What if price continue dropping down to $38,000 and more down to $36,000? There is always this difficulty associated with buying the dip which is knowing what the real bottom is. Only way buying the dip makes sense if the target is for long term investment. The retracement can continue all through the festive period because it is expected that many people will sell their Bitcoin to enjoy the holidays. Therefore, anyone in a hurry to buy the dip, on a $3,000 correction, for fast profits might have to wait throughout the festive season. It is also possible that the correction will not be deeper than expected.

Considering how emotional determining the dips can be, using the DCA method together with it can offer more efficient way of handling the Bitcoin accumulation process.
Activity: 616
Merit: 713
casinosblockchain.io
December 12, 2023, 09:15:49 AM
The Bitcoin market is bullish now so after you invest in Bitcoin the price of Bitcoin may have increased a bit for which you think you may have made a profit as you invested but this profit is temporary.
It is quite exciting seeing some gains in the market but I think it is too early to conclude that we are in a bullish market. There still chances of this being a bull trap. A lot of theories have been postulated as to why the market is rising, some believe it is rumors of Bitcoin ETF approval while some believe it is as a result of Ordinals, that is NFTs on the Bitcoin Network. If the former is true and Bitcoin ETF did not see the light of day at least for now, the market might dropped drastically even though we don't know the extent to which the drop will be but surely the market will respond accordingly. This will confirm that we are really still far from being in a bull market as many things are still hanging in the balance. As we approach Q1 of 2024, a lot of things will become clear.

Nevertheless, the wise thing to do now is to continue to collect Bitcoin with whatever method you are using because the bull market will eventually come even though we are not certain when it will happen. In line with the topic of the thread, "Buy the DIP, and HODL"

I don't really like the idea of flip-flopping back and forth from we are in a bear market or we are in a bull market, and so sure, you may be correct Odohu that the bull market has not been confirmed yet, but I doubt that you are correct that we are not in a bull market.   Almost always there are corrections along the way, but that does not take us out of the bull market, unless maybe we go back to test the bottom such as $15,479 or maybe even getting below $20k or something like that.

Sure, you are free to talk about these markets as if they are flip flopping, but I doubt it brings vary much clarity to frame them in that kind of way. 

So if we look at our current situation, we had a low of $15,479 in November 2022, and so the BTC price has been moving up ever since then with several corrections along the way, and yeah, the mere fact that we went from the most recent local low of $24,920 in early September to our current high of $37,978, it does seem to appear that we could have some pretty severe corrections from here that could even go back down to the local low and maybe even lower, but surely a decent amount of space has been created between the two, and perhaps it will be difficult to get back down to that September low of $24,920, and maybe getting back below $30k might also be difficult, even though we surely are not very far away from $30k.. but even having had said all of that, sometimes in bitcoin's historical price performance, it does not go back to those previous prices, so if we end up getting more UP before down, then it could contribute to some difficulties in getting back to those kinds of lower prices such as either below $30k or below or touching upon the 200-week moving average which currently is at $28,622.

Yes, we know that the BTC price can go either way, and the BTC price is especially vulnerable to a deep correction when it has gone up quite a bit in a short period of time, but I doubt that means that we would be flip flopping from bear to bull and then back to bear.. when maybe we might be getting caught into semantics a bit in terms of trying to describe where we are at and what is the current trend.
You are correct sir

Activity: 434
Merit: 227
God is All
December 12, 2023, 08:35:09 AM
Some people do not have any choice regarding lump sum.   If they have $2,400 coming in per month, and they have between $50 and $100 per week that they are able to spend on Bitcoin, then maybe they are choosing to buy BTC every week, but surely if they save some extra on the side for buying on dips, maybe they don't have a lot that is set aside, so they still might not have much choice but to invest whatever extra cash flow that they are able to generate by increasing their income and/or by reducing their expenses, and maybe once in a while they might be able to get some extra cash coming in that they would have the ability to decide the extent to which lump sum and buying on dips might be preferable to just continuing with their ongoing practice of DCA.
I understand that some people don't have a choice when it come to investing a large amount of money at once. If someone has  fix income and not have much extra money... they may not be able to save a lot for buy investments when the prices are low. In these cases they may have to keep investing a little bit of money regularly. But it is important to think about ways to make more money or spend less so they can save more for investing. It's about finding the right balance between regular investing and taking advantage of good opportunities in the market. And this is only Bitcoin where they can believe in.
I don't know why the need to stress oneself is compulsory because I believe before ever anyone would think of an investment, proper assessment of your income flow needs to be checked as not everyone is an high earner that can easily save up a portion of their earnings that's why it's important to secure at least more than one job or have multiple income flow because without this aspect of thought one can be tempted to touch or sell their investment bit by bit to meet up with life struggles.

The DCA method can be helpful and also the notion to always buy on dips because that would be an advantage for them as one can get a good amount of Bitcoin secure but the issue will be that this needs to be done consistently.

Also their is fact that not all investors actually get to achieve their way because of the lack of planning even the one's that has lots of cash to cover up their DCA plans as commitment to the plan is also another that people actually miss out on the important window to stack up some coins when they have the chance to buy the dip.
Activity: 336
Merit: 272
December 12, 2023, 06:39:14 AM
While you might be right about some investors monitoring the price movement of Bitcoin and the possibility of it influencing them to sell when they see price going down or consolidating. You can't also take away the fact that some are doing that in order to learn the daily, weekly and monthly charts or movement of Bitcoin. Lots of people do this to be able to make their weekly contents for their audience who follows them on social media.

I don't think it's wrong if content creators take advantage of this moment to present data and information about daily, weekly and monthly movements and, if necessary, correlate it with the investment model with DCA. It's just that we take the positive points if they contain what was conveyed by the content creator, just use them if not, just ignore them. I think it's safe.

Are your really waiting for someone to help you do what you would have sat down for and have a finished work on, many of these charts you're seeing members posting were extracted by themselves from the price chart for them to talk about, this is why we must learn to do things on ourselves and also make our own personal research about the bitcoin network and the market price speculations, even content creators could be wrong sometimes about their assumptions, we need to learn how to do our own research for he benefits of our own good.
No I didn't say I will let someone do anything for me. We were talking about screen monitoring for some newbies who are just new into Bitcoin investment. Someone said it's not good for newbies to be monitoring price movement as it might make them sell their Bitcoin once their is a price dip, either for consolidation or just a dip. We were talking about why some investors and others monitor the price of Bitcoin, that it could be for different purposes.
Activity: 672
Merit: 416
stead.builders
December 12, 2023, 06:23:32 AM
While you might be right about some investors monitoring the price movement of Bitcoin and the possibility of it influencing them to sell when they see price going down or consolidating. You can't also take away the fact that some are doing that in order to learn the daily, weekly and monthly charts or movement of Bitcoin. Lots of people do this to be able to make their weekly contents for their audience who follows them on social media.

I don't think it's wrong if content creators take advantage of this moment to present data and information about daily, weekly and monthly movements and, if necessary, correlate it with the investment model with DCA. It's just that we take the positive points if they contain what was conveyed by the content creator, just use them if not, just ignore them. I think it's safe.

Are your really waiting for someone to help you do what you would have sat down for and have a finished work on, many of these charts you're seeing members posting were extracted by themselves from the price chart for them to talk about, this is why we must learn to do things on ourselves and also make our own personal research about the bitcoin network and the market price speculations, even content creators could be wrong sometimes about their assumptions, we need to learn how to do our own research for he benefits of our own good.
Activity: 322
Merit: 299
December 12, 2023, 06:08:15 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 511
December 12, 2023, 05:34:05 AM
Since the price of bitcoin has down from $44,000 to $41,000, so I think a buy on dip strategy is worth considering now. I don't think such a correction will last long, especially since the halving and ETF have been the reason for the big rally. Personally, DCA isn't really needed right now, lump sum seems to be the best option.

You are right JJG, the regular DCA is the only option for people that don't have extra cash to lump sum or that didn't prepare for the price of bitcoin to go down to this price. Another thing is that if you have the funds to lump sum now and you will not DCA according to Fausto Arta, it is better to share the money into three parts, use one part to lump sum, use the second part to buy at the dip and use the last part for your regular DCA, so that your bitcoin portfolio will keep on growing rather than you lump sum with all the funds. This is because if you lump sum alone, what if bitcoin price dips below the price that you lump sum on, that might cause regrets of your action and since you are on a long term bitcoin accumulation journey is is good to buy with DCA for consistency increase in portfolio.
Jump to: