Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 326. (Read 108625 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 501
Chainjoes.com
December 11, 2023, 08:01:08 PM
even though the price of the coin is now decreasing, the current price is still far from its lowest price, so if you want to buy in dip, you have to wait even longer, because soon there will also be a 4-year halving event, the price of the coin will go up not down.
but I think buying now is no problem, because halving will cause the coin price to rise high
Activity: 180
Merit: 5
December 11, 2023, 06:51:41 PM
Since the price of bitcoin has down from $44,000 to $41,000, so I think a buy on dip strategy is worth considering now. I don't think such a correction will last long, especially since the halving and ETF have been the reason for the big rally. Personally, DCA isn't really needed right now, lump sum seems to be the best option.
Activity: 812
Merit: 349
December 11, 2023, 05:58:05 PM
So it doesn't matter how well you can handle it but what matters is how most people who doesn't really understand Bitcoin will handle it if they continues to monitor the price movement of Bitcoin.

That's the reason I said is not mostly advisable to constantly be watching and monitor every price movement of Bitcoin on less you are a Lump sum investor.
We can also say that only a newbie would notice a decline in the price of bitcoin and become anxious about losing their investment. However, for someone who believes in bitcoin, an increase or decrease in price won't stop them from viewing their wallet at any time they feel like because they understand that any price they see will benefit them in some way.

A price decrease will allow them to accumulate more bitcoin. An increase will allow them to decide whether to sell their bitcoin holdings for a profit or not.
Activity: 737
Merit: 551
December 11, 2023, 04:49:30 PM
When I first got into bitcoin in late 2013, I was not really sure about a 1-2 year investment into bitcoin minimum.. but with the passage of time, it seems that the investment case for bitcoin in the long term is even greater, so I doubt that 3-4 years is a long term investment, and if you are planning on cashing out for "sweet gains," then you are surely only thinking in terms of short-term dollar gains rather than planning for a possible lifetime in which you might always own bitcoin absent some kind of notice that you might not be living very long and then decide to cash out  more of your bitcoin within that kind of a context.

Sure one of the problems with older people who might be 65 years or beyond, they might start to feel that they are not really able to sacrifice a lot of liquidity, so they might be worried about their abilities to invest in the long term, and surely a person who is younger with health conditions might have similar difficulties in terms of his/her investment time horizon.    No one can tell you what is your investment time horizon, or what you believe might be a better investment than bitcoin to put your "sweet gains" rather than merely letting your bitcoin investment ride and letting the gains roll over into the potential of more gains when your BTC investment compounds and compounds and compounds.. and yeah, there are no guarantees, and probably the lack of guarantees causes you to feel that there might be some advantage to realize your supposed "sweet gains" rather than merely allowing them to roll over until you reach a higher stage of actually knowing what might be the reason that many longer term bitcoin holders have way more wealth related options as compared to those who are not able to hold through even a whole cycle.
I am amazed at those of you who are able to hold Bitcoin for a long period of time. Have you encountered any major obstacles such as worrying that the price will go to zero in the time you have spent on your bitcoin investment?  So far you have made quite a big profit in the Bitcoin you bought in 2013 and my question is whether you will use Bitcoin as an asset for your retirement in the future. I want to invest as well as possible in bitcoin by waiting for cheaper prices to accumulate bitcoin.
Of course, the target time for investing in Bitcoin can be a lifetime or some of them can use Bitcoin as an asset for their children when they have children. I think someone who understands the times will invest their money in bitcoin rather than saving it in the bank.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
December 11, 2023, 03:30:58 PM
most people for victim of regret in their investments because they lack the know how on investment and hence refuse to seek professional economist advise.

Even though I agree that there are likely advantages to learn from people with more experience, we still need to be careful in regards to both understanding the source of our information and also to make sure that we are coordinating the information that we learn with our own experiences and knowledge of our own situation in order that we attempt to make the right decisions for ourself.

And, if we have doubts about what to do there are ways to hedge our risk with position size.. that we can adjust in accordance with our learning.  

A lot of our learning should relate to knowing ourself and figuring out our own cashflow situation, but of course there are other areas of learning too, such as the ones that I listed in my 9 areas to consider and to build.  I am a bit bothered by the idea of "professional economist" - whether you are referring to some kind of a consultant who knows about investing, but many of the folks that we understand to be current professional portfolio advisors do not tend to advise about bitcoin because there is hardly no way that they can charge fees with bitcoin, even though in the future, there are more and more products that allow them to take a fee.. whether the bitcoin spot ETF that is likely to be approved and maybe some other bitcoin related product that might be available, but still there are a lot of disadvantages to holding those kinds of products as compared with directly holding bitcoin.

I doubt any of those kinds of biases are going to go away when it comes to consulting with professional investment advisors, even though surely there may be some of them who are able to still help you without directing you towards products in which they get a cut.

However in times of Bitcoin accumulation and holding is not mostly advisable for an investors who doesn't really understand the potential of Bitcoin to always monitor the price movement of Bitcoin because they could easily be influenced by just a normal price consolidation thinking that the price is about to fall without knowing that the price doesn't just moves straight without consolidating at some certain zone at times.
There is nothing wrong looking at the price movement of Bitcoin consistently. I like watching at the price, so that if price goes down that's great. It will give me more time to accumulate since i just started accumulating Bitcoin. However monitoring the market doesn't mean I dont have lots of confidence in Bitcoin and also downturns dont bother me because I understand the nature of Bitcoin. For those who have long invested in Bitcoin for 3 to 4 years now I think having a good feel for the market can help you know when it's time to sell a little and take that sweet gains.

When I first got into bitcoin in late 2013, I was not really sure about a 1-2 year investment into bitcoin minimum.. but with the passage of time, it seems that the investment case for bitcoin in the long term is even greater, so I doubt that 3-4 years is a long term investment, and if you are planning on cashing out for "sweet gains," then you are surely only thinking in terms of short-term dollar gains rather than planning for a possible lifetime in which you might always own bitcoin absent some kind of notice that you might not be living very long and then decide to cash out  more of your bitcoin within that kind of a context.

Sure one of the problems with older people who might be 65 years or beyond, they might start to feel that they are not really able to sacrifice a lot of liquidity, so they might be worried about their abilities to invest in the long term, and surely a person who is younger with health conditions might have similar difficulties in terms of his/her investment time horizon.    No one can tell you what is your investment time horizon, or what you believe might be a better investment than bitcoin to put your "sweet gains" rather than merely letting your bitcoin investment ride and letting the gains roll over into the potential of more gains when your BTC investment compounds and compounds and compounds.. and yeah, there are no guarantees, and probably the lack of guarantees causes you to feel that there might be some advantage to realize your supposed "sweet gains" rather than merely allowing them to roll over until you reach a higher stage of actually knowing what might be the reason that many longer term bitcoin holders have way more wealth related options as compared to those who are not able to hold through even a whole cycle.
Activity: 406
Merit: 172
December 11, 2023, 02:35:15 PM
Content creator have two side when promoting about bitcoin as way how to get huge traffic with their content and another way to make their channel more be popular.  not.
content creators don't just promote Bitcoin, what they do is to promote platforms that can be used to buying, selling and trading of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency and they are mostly paid by the owners of such platforms to run the advert for them and so whatever they say in course of making the advert is purely a scripted stuff that is giving to them by these platforms and this is the major reason you shouldn't consider what they are saying as a financial advise or the best strategies to be used.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
December 11, 2023, 01:22:13 PM
If I'm not mistaken your friend could be a beginner because that's what most beginners who just started accumulating Bitcoin normally do..
I doubt that it us only beginners that does this, from what I understand, it is the mindset that they used to venture into bitcoin investment that will control your emotion and thoughts. There are still some people that are old in bitcoin that are also carrying out such practice, because they never have any plan to invest for a long period of time and also to have a bitcoin target and how to achieve it.

However, sometimes it works for them and they feel that they are smart but not knowing that they were only lucky to sell at the right time and the price of bitcoin dips to favor them, but most times they make wrong decisions and sell thinking that the price will dip but only for the price to keep pumping and they will regret their actions because they will not be able to buy back till they miss out.

This is why a newbie should have a long-term goal mindset with a bitcoin target, so that s/he can stay focus on accumulating with regular DCA at any time either in the bull or dips to grow his/her bitcoin portfolio. With this, you will never think of selling until you have reached your bitcoin target or very close to your bitcoin target, as long as he has made available emergency funds and reserve funds down.
Why do they panic, because they put in large amounts of money and they sell quickly because they are not yet strong enough to accept the reality that prices fall quickly. That's the big difference when they put in big money but don't have the strength to hold it any longer. In investing, the money we use is of course money that we do not use for our living needs, so we will be ready to accept whatever risks occur in our investment journey. For those who target fast profits by buying instantly or more aggressively with all the money they have, of course this will be a big risk if they are not ready to see market changes so quickly.

In this thread in a JJG post where JJG says that for beginners it is better to start investing with a smaller value with dca like $10 and can increase it slowly, this is of course to strengthen our mentality in our investment journey. We can't climb the ladder by going through 10 stages because we need to move one step at a time and that's a good strategy for beginners.
This is the problem of most investors they end up not making profit due to their high expectation, the strategy of buying with little amount for beginners is a great idea but not for only beginners, a lot of investors who claim they know what they're doing and end up with loss, the ones with low income can adopt this method, for example a salary earner with little income after receiving monthly salary it's best to make a budget, bitcoin investment should be added to the list every month 10% or 15% use in accumulating bitcoin, if investors with little income can follow this process every month the investor will be stress free and can settle other financial problems rather than using a huge amount in accumulating, I will like to observe investors like this I believe they will always want to check the price almost everyday and when it doesn't get to their expectation they end up selling without a target, in long term investment bitcoin is the best but what most people fail to understand invest the little you can afford.

From my observation not all investors will end up making profit for example the ones that never get satisfied with their investment they always want more using the money meant for food stuffs etc to accumulate more they will always end up selling without a target to settle family needs, the hasty and confused ones moving from different coin for quick profit forgetting investment like this needs consistency  and patient.
Activity: 476
Merit: 141
December 11, 2023, 11:42:41 AM

This diagram explains a little bit of how most of the investors react to there investment whenever they see the price of Bitcoin moving this way, the first thing that would come to there mind is that Bitcoin price is about to fall and before they realizes themselves they had already started panicking and even selling there Bitcoin.

However in times of Bitcoin accumulation and holding is not mostly advisable for an investors who doesn't really understand the potential of Bitcoin to always monitor the price movement of Bitcoin because they could easily be influenced by just a normal price consolidation thinking that the price is about to fall without knowing that the price doesn't just moves straight without consolidating at some certain zone at times.

Source: https://www.coinbase.com/learn/advanced-trading/reading-financial-charts
While you might be right about some investors monitoring the price movement of Bitcoin and the possibility of it influencing them to sell when they see price going down or consolidating. You can't also take away the fact that some are doing that in order to learn the daily, weekly and monthly charts or movement of Bitcoin. Lots of people do this to be able to make their weekly contents for their audience who follows them on social media.

The more market research you do the more you will want to sell your accumulated bitcoins. So it is better to invest in Bitcoin by looking at charts, because those who want to invest for long term must invest in DCA method in Bitcoin weekly or monthly. Investing in DCA method is so good that only the person invested can realize it. You sell bitcoins at different prices and on average your purchase price will be much lower. This is why the DCA method is the most popular and best among people because of its wide range of effectiveness.
Activity: 336
Merit: 272
December 11, 2023, 11:29:58 AM

There is nothing wrong looking at the price movement of Bitcoin consistently. I like watching at the price, so that if price goes down that's great. It will give me more time to accumulate since i just started accumulating Bitcoin. However monitoring the market doesn't mean I dont have lots of confidence in Bitcoin and also downturns dont bother me because I understand the nature of Bitcoin. For those who have long invested in Bitcoin for 3 to 4 years now I think having a good feel for the market can help you know when it's time to sell a little and take that sweet gains.
Perhaps you are right but however your perception and other investors may not be the same and also your Decipline and ways to handle some unforseen circumstances may also not be the same in times of seeing the price of Bitcoin dropping, actually I'm saying based on the experience I had when I started accumulating on Bitcoin and by that time I had no much knowledge about Bitcoin so I decided to buy on a certain price so after then I continue watching the Bitcoin price to see how fast is going to move, so however it was not up to two weeks and the price falls below my entering point so as someone who doesn't really understand much about Bitcoin then I began to panic as the price continues  to fall and it actually affected my emotions then. So it doesn't matter how well you can handle it but what matters is how most people who doesn't really understand Bitcoin will handle it if they continues to monitor the price movement of Bitcoin.

That's the reason I said is not mostly advisable to constantly be watching and monitor every price movement of Bitcoin on less you are a Lump sum investor.
I understand what you are saying, but it's not always easy for newbies to stop watching the daily movement of Bitcoin price, or constantly asking for what's the price of Bitcoin today. I think this is necessary in preparing them to also understand the process. You know a child will start crawl before he/she can walk and run. Even if you advise them not to do so they won't listen, at some point every investors went through such emotional problems that's associated with monitoring the daily price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 337
December 11, 2023, 11:05:43 AM
For someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin, and doesn't have another side hustle that pays them daily or monthly will be the one to sell their bitcoin at a loss price because they need money to solve a problem. But for Someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin and a side hustle that pays them, will not be forced to sell their bitcoin at a loss price, compared with the individual who doesn't have a job or side hustle.

It is appalling that some investors are no longer investing in bitcoin with the money they can't afford to lose. They are not investing money for their needs just because they heard of the bull run is coming and they forget to save up some for the rainy days when problems come 

This is what Bitcoin investment is about i.e. long term. If someone is looking for short term gain then he must look into Bitcoin. See the history of Bitcoin and we can see that there is good increase in price every 4 to 5 years. Long term investment doesn't only mean to avoid selling while price is down, it also include not selling even if you are getting few bucks over your investment. For instance, there are people who are getting excited on this bull run. They must HODL and should not sell in this small bull run. If they do so they will miss out the bigger piece of the cake.
If you invest long term but avoid Bitcoin then I would say your investment is incomplete. Bitcoin must be preferred as an investment platform if you are thinking of long-term investment. Outside of Bitcoin I don't see any coin that can be invested in for a long time. Bitcoin has always been the best coin to invest in for as long as I have known about investing. 

I have been investing in long term plans for a long time and my investment platform is Bitcoin. I held my investment as well as purchased bitcoins in several steps. I bought some bitcoins when the price of bitcoin was $22K, then I bought some bitcoins when the price of bitcoins came to $25K, then I bought some bitcoins at $28K, and then I bought some at $35K. 

That is, even though the price of Bitcoin has changed in these few months, I have invested in Bitcoin regularly. The reason I invest in Bitcoin during these periods of Bitcoin price volatility is to hold my investment for the long term. The price of Bitcoin is now around $45K and I have not stopped my investment at all at this point but I will be buying several more Bitcoins in a few days. 
Many may dissuade me not to invest at this time but I will invest at this time because I have faith in the market and my investment is in long term plan.
Those who are new investors should follow your investment method. You have followed the best investment strategy here and I appreciate your investment strategy. Many new investors think that they need to gather a good amount of money first and then invest with the whole amount, but you have proven by investing in a different strategy that investing in Bitcoin does not require a lot of money.

I follow your path when it comes to catching up on my investments because I don't end my investments once I invest but rather I keep my investment streak going. 
When it comes to investing, sometimes we need to make decisions from different strategies and different schools of thought. It's not bad at all if you can succeed by doing something different instead of doing the same thing that everyone else is doing. You started investing when the price of Bitcoin was between $20,000 and $25,000 to catch up and you continued your investment until the current state of the market. 

Since you are planning to hold your investment for long term, I need not say anything new about holding investment for long term. You can share the investment strategy you are using with other new investors who come to you to learn about investing. I think buying bitcoin step by step and increasing your investment amount is not only followed by new investors but old investors may follow this strategy.
Every investor is new at the beginning. But slowly learning to invest in Bitcoin will surely gain experience and later on he will become a skilled and ideal investor. So every investor must be patient because the only great way to invest is to take risks. The more you take risks, the more you learn.

Investment must be kept for a long time otherwise it will not be a long term investment. Because I invested myself and tried to hold for a long time and I was successful in holding Bitcoin for the last 13 months. And in the future I will hold more as I see my wallet assets improve. So everyone try to hold investment in Bitcoin. A person must have a long term investment in Bitcoin to be successful in life.

Activity: 903
Merit: 391
December 11, 2023, 11:05:34 AM
While you might be right about some investors monitoring the price movement of Bitcoin and the possibility of it influencing them to sell when they see price going down or consolidating. You can't also take away the fact that some are doing that in order to learn the daily, weekly and monthly charts or movement of Bitcoin. Lots of people do this to be able to make their weekly contents for their audience who follows them on social media.
If you just want to create content about daily, weekly and monthly Bitcoin price charts to be able to show it to audiences who follow it on social media, I think that's quite strange and doesn't make sense. Because someone can create content about Bitcoin price charts without having to sell the Bitcoins they already own or the Bitcoins they are saving as a good investment for themselves, because there are many price charts that have been formed in the past and they can be taken for some content which can indeed be exposed to all audiences who have followed him on social media.

I don't think it's wrong if content creators take advantage of this moment to present data and information about daily, weekly and monthly movements and, if necessary, correlate it with the investment model with DCA. It's just that we take the positive points if they contain what was conveyed by the content creator, just use them if not, just ignore them. I think it's safe.
This is not a complicated thing to discuss because for an expert in creating content, of course he can take a price chart that has occurred in the past for his new content as an example to present to the audience who follows him on social media. And he also doesn't need to sacrifice his investment or trading if he is hunting for profits via Bitcoin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 591
December 11, 2023, 08:03:33 AM
I don't think it's wrong if content creators take advantage of this moment to present data and information about daily, weekly and monthly movements and, if necessary, correlate it with the investment model with DCA. It's just that we take the positive points if they contain what was conveyed by the content creator, just use them if not, just ignore them. I think it's safe.
Content creator have two side when promoting about bitcoin as way how to get huge traffic with their content and another way to make their channel more be popular. But when present information about accurate data about bitcoin price in daily, weekly and monthly is not huge problem and they are giving best information for us and not have to worry with all data present by content creator.
Positive side when have some one present about bitcoin price daily day because as bitcoin holder have motivate keep accumulate and purchase bitcoin how much ever price up or down, with data present by content creator not difficult for us find with bitcoin price have been accumulate last week or last month and becoming our comparison price of bitcoin have earn much profitable or not.
Merit: 268
December 11, 2023, 07:30:23 AM

Perhaps you are right but however your perception and other investors may not be the same and also your Decipline and ways to handle some unforseen circumstances may also not be the same in times of seeing the price of Bitcoin dropping, actually I'm saying based on the experience I had when I started accumulating on Bitcoin and by that time I had no much knowledge about Bitcoin so I decided to buy on a certain price so after then I continue watching the Bitcoin price to see how fast is going to move, so however it was not up to two weeks and the price falls below my entering point so as someone who doesn't really understand much about Bitcoin then I began to panic as the price continues  to fall and it actually affected my emotions then. So it doesn't matter how well you can handle it but what matters is how most people who doesn't really understand Bitcoin will handle it if they continues to monitor the price movement of Bitcoin.

Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
December 11, 2023, 04:02:04 AM

Activity: 336
Merit: 272
December 11, 2023, 03:36:48 AM

This diagram explains a little bit of how most of the investors react to there investment whenever they see the price of Bitcoin moving this way, the first thing that would come to there mind is that Bitcoin price is about to fall and before they realizes themselves they had already started panicking and even selling there Bitcoin.

Source: https://www.coinbase.com/learn/advanced-trading/reading-financial-charts
Activity: 266
Merit: 136
December 10, 2023, 09:42:55 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 349
December 10, 2023, 06:39:40 PM
I have been investing in long term plans for a long time and my investment platform is Bitcoin. I held my investment as well as purchased bitcoins in several steps. I bought some bitcoins when the price of bitcoin was $22K, then I bought some bitcoins when the price of bitcoins came to $25K, then I bought some bitcoins at $28K, and then I bought some at $35K. 

That is, even though the price of Bitcoin has changed in these few months, I have invested in Bitcoin regularly. The reason I invest in Bitcoin during these periods of Bitcoin price volatility is to hold my investment for the long term. The price of Bitcoin is now around $45K and I have not stopped my investment at all at this point but I will be buying several more Bitcoins in a few days. 
Many may dissuade me not to invest at this time but I will invest at this time because I have faith in the market and my investment is in long term plan.
When spare money becomes available, someone who believes in bitcoin future will invest in it, regardless of how much the price of bitcoin is at that moment. I believe you are acting in this manner, and I sense that your bitcoin investment has been profitable thus far. Continue investing in bitcoin as the price fluctuates up and down in your favor to keep accumulating bitcoin no matter how small it is. My advice to you is don't deviate from accumulating bitcoin to altcoins as we anticipate the crypto bull run to start soon(2024)
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 10, 2023, 06:24:34 PM
Sure if you have long term investment ideas, then you would likely not be selling any of your bitcoin now, but I doubt that the reason would merely be because you expect profits to be guaranteed in the future, but instead that you had made your investment into bitcoin based on a long term investment thesis and you are not merely thinking about short term profits.
A long term investment idea is depend on what you have in mind and your target, some do not calculate the future well and they began to sell their bitcoin, what triggers some people who is inquisitive to sell their bitcoin right as bitcoin is increasing is because they believe on the physical increment of bitcoin and they don't make use of chart to know what the future will yield, secondly, their is different between someone who is into long-term Investing and short-term investing, someone who into short-term investing doesn't think of the future it only be interested of making an instant profit whereas long-term Investing somebody is concentrating into the future and that is why a long-term investor keeping holding it bitcoin knowing that bitcoin might keep adding in value and as bitcoin is adding its making a profit
Put differently, you can not determine a short term investor from a long term holder/investor from one act or in just a single scenario. someone could be a long-term holder and at the same time be selling in a little increment in price, whereas you can not consider them short term investors this can be as a result of a well prepared plan for investment.
Disclaimer; this is an imaginary example
If Churchillvv has a portfolio of which he holds his investment and has a good cash flow, he can as well create another portfolio where he can buy Bitcoin in a relative price and sell during a little increment in price it doesn't stop him from holding his original investment. To further buttress if Churchillvv has a minimum amount of $15k worth of Bitcoin after preparing other funds for his personal activities he can use a $1,500 to buy Bitcoin during the dips and sell via bull season and/or on any increment in price in this scenario he cannot be considered a short-term investor.

But if JJG has the same Bitcoin stash as Churchillvv but sells it all or some at the slittest increase in price he can be considered a short-term investor and/or a Bitcoin gambler because he doesn't not have an alternative portfolio for his gambling. the example above is a mere assumption to differentiate a short-term investor from a long-term investor.

Both the short term investors and the Long term investors doesn't not need a chart to know the future of Bitcoin price as far as the speculated price for Bitcoin has not been met in common sense one should be able to understand that it still has much to come that it has already.
As I have always said you can gamble with your Bitcoin as desired because you have the right to make decisions but it best done when you have a portfolio where you hold a certain amount of Bitcoin to be prepared for both the UPPity and DOWNity of Bitcoin.

Be careful, never sell bitcoins because someone is greedy for money because the price of bitcoins has increased. Learn to buy bitcoins, not sell them.
I don't think someone would want to sell their bitcoin at this time just because they are greedy for money when they are fully aware that the Bitcoin that they are holding can give them profits in the future.

Anyone that you see who sells their bitcoin now is doing it for financial reasons and not for greed. I can't have an urgent need of money and you expect me not to sell my bitcoin so that I won't appear greedy, whereby I know that I can buy bitcoin back at any time I have the money to.
This is not greed because you are using the money for something important to you, and it makes no sense to have a lot of money invested and still live an uncomfortable life, possibly borrowing to satisfy your desires. People are advised to invest what they do not want to use right now because of scenarios like this. By doing so, you’ll have a separate savings for urgent needs while making this investment a last option resort. If you have all of this in place, your investment will be safer and will only be withdrawn when you have maximised, taken a lot of profits.
Additionally there are rules that apply to investment which must be put in place before venturing into any investment weather bitcoin investment or any other investment outside the forum. It best to have all the requirements for investment in order to sail through all the waves in investment, if you haven't given this rules its at this scenario that you would sell your Bitcoin to solve the so called personal problems if you have an emergency funds that can push you through both the good and bad times you will find out that there is no need to touch your investment when anything hits you. most people for victim of regret in their investments because they lack the know how on investment and hence refuse to seek professional economist advise.

Yes I agree with you that many Bitcoin investors lacks patience
When it comes to holding Bitcoin. But I think every investor has his or her greed level. There are people who bought Bitcoin when it dip to $15k earlier this year and set a target that they will sell at $25k while others set a target to sell at $35k. It now becomes difficult for them to keep their Bitcoin once they price enter that region. It's just just a normal thing for short term Holders.
Short-term investors should be prepared to take advantage of the upcoming bull run; even if they purchased at a lower price, the price movement does not indicate that they should sell now. But holding for a long time is required to come with a prepared market mindset. If short-term investors do not have that mindset, they will always take profit when prices reach their desired targets and exit the market immediately. Perhaps this is referred to as risk management, though the risk in bitcoin is already minimal if you are willing to hold for a long time.
I had to read thoroughly to understand your point but it seems to contradict itself IMHO. You should be clear in presenting your speech though I now understand a little bit of it which I will buttress, every short term investor/Bitcoin gambler is not always interested in what will be the out come of Bitcoin later or future they are just interested in the little profit that comes with the little price movement that shows up at anytime. Although we always advise them to limit their short term interest but it is the very least advise they wish to adhere to hence every individuals has his or her decision to make so be it as it may let them do what is best for them.
Activity: 737
Merit: 551
December 10, 2023, 05:21:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken your friend could be a beginner because that's what most beginners who just started accumulating Bitcoin normally do..
I doubt that it us only beginners that does this, from what I understand, it is the mindset that they used to venture into bitcoin investment that will control your emotion and thoughts. There are still some people that are old in bitcoin that are also carrying out such practice, because they never have any plan to invest for a long period of time and also to have a bitcoin target and how to achieve it.

However, sometimes it works for them and they feel that they are smart but not knowing that they were only lucky to sell at the right time and the price of bitcoin dips to favor them, but most times they make wrong decisions and sell thinking that the price will dip but only for the price to keep pumping and they will regret their actions because they will not be able to buy back till they miss out.

This is why a newbie should have a long-term goal mindset with a bitcoin target, so that s/he can stay focus on accumulating with regular DCA at any time either in the bull or dips to grow his/her bitcoin portfolio. With this, you will never think of selling until you have reached your bitcoin target or very close to your bitcoin target, as long as he has made available emergency funds and reserve funds down.
Why do they panic, because they put in large amounts of money and they sell quickly because they are not yet strong enough to accept the reality that prices fall quickly. That's the big difference when they put in big money but don't have the strength to hold it any longer. In investing, the money we use is of course money that we do not use for our living needs, so we will be ready to accept whatever risks occur in our investment journey. For those who target fast profits by buying instantly or more aggressively with all the money they have, of course this will be a big risk if they are not ready to see market changes so quickly.

In this thread in a JJG post where JJG says that for beginners it is better to start investing with a smaller value with dca like $10 and can increase it slowly, this is of course to strengthen our mentality in our investment journey. We can't climb the ladder by going through 10 stages because we need to move one step at a time and that's a good strategy for beginners.
Merit: 268
December 10, 2023, 04:31:44 PM

Jump to: