Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 491. (Read 108002 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 22, 2021, 02:35:58 AM
You have no other option. I joke about the whalecumulators, but what else can we plebs do? Buy the dip, and HODL! You do not want to end up empty handed on the next cycle, https://twitter.com/misir_mahmudov/status/1118243131584065537

That is it and you have really give a good advice.  I think we are going to have another trading cycles soonest and buy when bitcoin or others coins goes down again is the right things to do. I wish we understand all the investment opportunity in cryptocurrencies market and takes the advantage of it and makes money.

This is why knowledge is very crucial and important because we can't just choose a coin and trust on it, pretty sure the results would be negative. Almost everyone on this platform knows when to trade and when not to do, there's also few that didn't know when to buy.
Yes there is a lot of opportunities in this industry but it's a challenge to crack a few and make money or profits on it. My advice is buy if you think that it's already dipping in your own knowledge and hold it to make profits in the future and be comfortable with you. Cause you would know by now when to buy or sell.

I would not conclude that everyone knows when to buy or when to sell BTC, and this thread is not really about selling anyhow, it is about buying and attempting to accumulate BTC.,. and yes.. BTC.. we are not talking about shitcoins here.. so your reference to choosing a coin or "this industry" is vague.. we are talking about bitcoin.. not about various projects that might be all over the place in terms of various other possible considerations, especially in regards to their fundamentals..

Of course, I have continued to express a bit of a tension in regards to DCA (dollar cost averaging) being a better strategy than buying on the dip because it can be quite difficult to determine or establish how much of a dip is enough of a dip, so my assertion has been that if you are in any kind of accumulation stage for bitcoin to establish a system in which you are buying regularly and all the time, no matter the BTC price - at least until you reach your BTC accumulation goals (which you have to establish for yourself what those BTC accumulation targets are for you).  

I am not against buying on dip as a way to supplement DCA as a strategy, even though I do believe that DCA tends to be a superior and more basic strategy, and buying on dip is a more advance strategy and still some folks can establish various systems to figure out how to buy on dips, but I will argue and deny that buying on dip comes natural to anyone.  Buying on dips is a skill that needs to be learned and honed, even though some people might have better senses of how to employ such buying on dip systems than others...
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
October 22, 2021, 01:34:37 AM
You have no other option. I joke about the whalecumulators, but what else can we plebs do? Buy the dip, and HODL! You do not want to end up empty handed on the next cycle, https://twitter.com/misir_mahmudov/status/1118243131584065537

That is it and you have really give a good advice.  I think we are going to have another trading cycles soonest and buy when bitcoin or others coins goes down again is the right things to do. I wish we understand all the investment opportunity in cryptocurrencies market and takes the advantage of it and makes money.

This is why knowledge is very crucial and important because we can't just choose a coin and trust on it, pretty sure the results would be negative. Almost everyone on this platform knows when to trade and when not to do, there's also few that didn't know when to buy.
Yes there is a lot of opportunities in this industry but it's a challenge to crack a few and make money or profits on it. My advice is buy if you think that it's already dipping in your own knowledge and hold it to make profits in the future and be comfortable with you. Cause you would know by now when to buy or sell.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
October 21, 2021, 05:26:10 AM
Warren Buffett was right during all this time, sers. Bitcoin IS rat poison squared. BUT Bitcoin is ATH, why? Because no one wants to be in the wrong side of history. Because the wrong side is the losing side, the side where the rats are. Cool

legendary
October 18, 2021, 03:41:57 AM
When your trusted chairman of the FED changes the narrative to calm the public down, and protect themselves in case everything goes wrong.

“Inflation is good”, sers. You know what you should be doing. Buy the DIP, and HODL.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
October 17, 2021, 07:53:43 AM
People who bought the last dip are just enjoying their time now. Because the market is on a very big rise as Bitcoin price reached $55k today. Everything happened very suddenly. Bitcoin price went up to $55k from $52k in only five minutes according to Coinmarketcap. That is just insane. I hope that we are in a bull run and this increase can continue for a long time period.
no need to overdo it because the price of bitcoin can indeed go up or down very quickly, even if you look at the bitcoin price chart as a whole you will find more surprising things. it looks like the current market conditions are in line with your expectations because bitcoin is currently in a positive trend and it looks like this positive trend will last for quite a while.
Absolutely correct looking at the high speed of bitcoin's price, it seems that the market is in a positive position. By early 2022 the market would have reached a better state the right time to buy those dips and hold on to the moment prices will rise longer.
legendary
October 17, 2021, 01:48:43 AM
People who bought the last dip are just enjoying their time now. Because the market is on a very big rise as Bitcoin price reached $55k today. Everything happened very suddenly. Bitcoin price went up to $55k from $52k in only five minutes according to Coinmarketcap. That is just insane. I hope that we are in a bull run and this increase can continue for a long time period.

there is still time to enjoy the increase from bitcoin as the current price is $61,343, it is indeed close to the last ATH that occurred Apr 14, 2021 at $64,804. but the increasing price of bitcoin is still moving and will increase, it is estimated that in november or december it will reach renewable ATH.

I hope there won't be another correction to drop below $55K, because if it happens then the possibility to increase will falter. although the estimate still predicts that the price will reach $100K, even if my prediction will be more than that. if we want to see from past experience where the halving occurred.

This increase will be the same as what happened in 2013 or 2017, only a month difference where 2013 in November reached ATH, while 2017 in December.
whether it will happen now in November or December, will be determined by the end of October, only to be analyzed.
but what is certain is that after ATH occurs, soon there will be a long correction so that the increase will not last long.

4-year fractal is only one of BTC's price prediction models and probably not one to get too ridgedly attached to, even if you believe that you believe that you can see past patterns and you want to lock bitcoin into such a future price performance pattern.  Sure, it could happen like you say lepbagong but it is far from guaranteed that bitcoin happens to be on such a schedule that it has to have its peak before the end of this year an it has to have a correction that follow some kind of parameters within your expectations.

no need to overdo it because the price of bitcoin can indeed go up or down very quickly, even if you look at the bitcoin price chart as a whole you will find more surprising things. it looks like the current market conditions are in line with your expectations because bitcoin is currently in a positive trend and it looks like this positive trend will last for quite a while.
bitcoin movement is like that and it's not a strange thing, what you say is true, bitcoin is able to move with a high difference in just a matter of hours. because indeed if bitcoin has moved then everything is sometimes unpredictable and hard to guess. so it's not a strange thing that bitcoin can do, that's why bitcoin has very different characteristics from other coins.

true, the bitcoin trend is positive and I totally agree, but the positive trend will not last long, because after reaching ATH there will be a correction again.

Yeah of course lepbagong, but there is still a question regarding 1) how high of an ATH will happen, 2) when it will happen, 3) how much of a correction will happen and 4) when that will happen.. so even if we have some price prediction models and waves of price movement expectations  we are largely basing all of those questions on probabilities and maybe even if we see some kind of price movement in a certain direction, then that movement causes other moves (subsequent legs) to become more or less likely.. but only after we have seen what has happened in the most recent leg.

This is all if you look at the estimates that have been made by bitcoin, if it is the same as 2013 it will continue to move until the beginning of the following year, but if it is in accordance with 2017 there will be an immediate correction at the beginning of the following year. is it possible that bitcoin will move differently? It could happen and we can't be sure of that. but the chances are very small that it will happen because the pattern is always the same for bitcoin.

You are not really wrong, lepbagong, but I still am going to quibble with your suggestion that there is some kind of a pattern that has to be followed - even if it is likely to happen.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 16, 2021, 10:01:45 PM

there is still time to enjoy the increase from bitcoin as the current price is $61,343, it is indeed close to the last ATH that occurred Apr 14, 2021 at $64,804. but the increasing price of bitcoin is still moving and will increase, it is estimated that in november or december it will reach renewable ATH.

I hope there won't be another correction to drop below $55K, because if it happens then the possibility to increase will falter. although the estimate still predicts that the price will reach $100K, even if my prediction will be more than that. if we want to see from past experience where the halving occurred.

This increase will be the same as what happened in 2013 or 2017, only a month difference where 2013 in November reached ATH, while 2017 in December.
whether it will happen now in November or December, will be determined by the end of October, only to be analyzed.
but what is certain is that after ATH occurs, soon there will be a long correction so that the increase will not last long.

bitcoin movement is like that and it's not a strange thing, what you say is true, bitcoin is able to move with a high difference in just a matter of hours. because indeed if bitcoin has moved then everything is sometimes unpredictable and hard to guess. so it's not a strange thing that bitcoin can do, that's why bitcoin has very different characteristics from other coins.

true, the bitcoin trend is positive and I totally agree, but the positive trend will not last long, because after reaching ATH there will be a correction again.
This is all if you look at the estimates that have been made by bitcoin, if it is the same as 2013 it will continue to move until the beginning of the following year, but if it is in accordance with 2017 there will be an immediate correction at the beginning of the following year. is it possible that bitcoin will move differently? It could happen and we can't be sure of that. but the chances are very small that it will happen because the pattern is always the same for bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK
October 16, 2021, 10:23:36 AM
no one can be sure that this positive price movement will last long, as you said that the price of Bitcoin moves quickly both high and low prices.
like what happened earlier in the year bitcoin price touched its new ATH and it didn't last long, I think it will happen again this time.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 108
October 16, 2021, 09:46:22 AM
legendary
October 16, 2021, 07:26:58 AM
Why did you sell, Jimmy? You will miss one of the greatest surges of an asset in the history of markets, and investments, ser. You don’t need it? But, a person like you will always need the fiat it will be making for you as long you HODL, ser. Cool

legendary
October 15, 2021, 07:48:50 AM
Almost 14,500,000 Bitcoins are HODLed right NOW. Buy what you can available in the market, if you plan to buy, because when the market goes into actual FOMO, you might not get another opportunity to buy below ATH.

legendary
October 14, 2021, 12:37:01 PM
Does everyone in the forum want another opportunity to buy Bitcoin below $50,000? Post this all over the forum, social media, and tell you friends/family that, “BITCOIN WILL NEVER TRADE BELOW $50,000 AGAIN”! Then place your bids at $49,000.

With me now, BITCOIN WILL NEVER EVER EVER TRADE BELOW $50,000 EVER AGAIN! Cool
It seems that you are very optimistic about the price of bitcoin that will not fall below $50K, although I have a little doubt about it, but I applaud your optimism about the price of bitcoin Grin, but I think you should give a few reasons and facts that can strengthen your reasoning about the bitcoin price, so that the members here can see if what you say might come true Huh.

I believe that Wind_FURY has already learned his lesson about being too hyperbolic and certain about some price drop that "will not happen".. in other words, I believe that he is assigning a decently high value to Bitcoin never going below $50k again, but he is doing it in a bit of jest and hopium too.. while still proclaiming that the odds are decently good that something like "never below $50k again" could happen.

You DU18 need to make sure that you are decently prepared for your own expectations, and I have some difficulties understanding why it might be helpful for you to find out why there are decently high levels of conviction that are perhaps higher than your expectations in regards to BTC prices currently being posed for UP rather than down.

I have no problem with guys engaging in various levels of preparations for the possibility for down, but it has been quite problematic, historically, that guys prepare for down without adequately being prepared for UP.. and historically UP has been the killer and recker of a lot of people who are either no coiners, or low coiners.. or maybe have some other issues that are causing them to wait on the sidelines too much.   

We are not going to necessarily come to the same conclusions regarding which direction bitcoin is going in the short term or even in the long term or what kinds of preparations would be prudent and adequate.. so surely in that regard there are a variety of strategies that should be able to help any of us to prepare for either BTC direction and without overly preparing for one BTC price direction while neglecting the other - since in the end, we can only gauge short term or long term price direction in terms of both time and quantity of movement based on probabilities including that we are not going to be able to ascribe much if any absolute certainty to what is going to happen (until after it has already happened.. and even then there can be disputes about how to describe what has happened).
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
October 14, 2021, 10:09:02 AM
Does everyone in the forum want another opportunity to buy Bitcoin below $50,000? Post this all over the forum, social media, and tell you friends/family that, “BITCOIN WILL NEVER TRADE BELOW $50,000 AGAIN”! Then place your bids at $49,000.

It seems that you are very optimistic about the price of bitcoin that will not fall below $50K, although I have a little doubt about it, but I applaud your optimism about the price of bitcoin Grin, but I think you should give a few reasons and facts that can strengthen your reasoning about the bitcoin price, so that the members here can see if what you say might come true Huh.
legendary
October 14, 2021, 05:25:47 AM
It is a very common world in crypto currency “Buy the DIP, and HODL! ” Buying the dip means trying to purchases so that you buy assets when they have dropped in price, assuming they will continue to rise in value. If you look at a crypto chart, especially one that looks at a long period of time, it may look like the lines that move up or down are relatively flat. In reality, crypto asset prices are volatile and those flat lines include peaks and dips. If you can buy stocks that have an upward price trajectory right after a temporary dip in price, you can earn a greater profit than if you bought them at one of their peaks. Most of the time it is very difficult to purchase from the dip. If you are able to buy from dip and hold it for some times then you have the chance to get more

It’s actually NOT. Why did many people, who has experienced the past bull market cycles, remain average, and has nothing/little left and turned them into mere trolls? Because they traded to shitcoins, not HODLed Bitcoin. OR they converted their Bitcoin to fiat, not HODLed.
legendary
October 13, 2021, 11:25:05 AM
This strategy doesn't apply for all traders, what if a certain trader doesn't have enough capital? Do you think he can buy every dips or what they called averaging down?  Of course not. Even if it is a strategy it doesn't mean that you can guarantee yourself to earn from it just because you buy at dip and hold. We should consider the time after all, are we going to hold it for the rest of our lives or are we going to sell it in short period of time.

Of course, bitcoin can be (or probably should be) considered as a long term investment of 4-10 years or more.

Accordingly, you can buy as little as $10 per week and the vast majority of people can afford such a minimum or they can also be more aggressive with their strategy to both include a higher amount and also to hold some money aside to buy on dips too, if they are so inclined to attempt to take advantage of dips when they happen.

It is a very common world in crypto currency “Buy the DIP, and HODL! ” Buying the dip means trying to purchases so that you buy assets when they have dropped in price, assuming they will continue to rise in value. If you look at a crypto chart, especially one that looks at a long period of time, it may look like the lines that move up or down are relatively flat. In reality, crypto asset prices are volatile and those flat lines include peaks and dips. If you can buy stocks that have an upward price trajectory right after a temporary dip in price, you can earn a greater profit than if you bought them at one of their peaks. Most of the time it is very difficult to purchase from the dip. If you are able to buy from dip and hold it for some times then you have the chance to get more

This thread is only about bitcoin.. so whatever you are talking about related to "crypto" is off topic.  Sure some similar strategies might work, but different analysis is likely in need of being made when considering any coin other than bitcoin in terms of your timeline or even the extent that there might be long term feasibility at all.. beyond some kind of pump and dump expectations.  TLDR:  fuck shitcoins.
legendary
October 13, 2021, 05:15:22 AM
This strategy doesn't apply for all traders, what if a certain trader doesn't have enough capital? Do you think he can buy every dips or what they called averaging down?  Of course not. Even if it is a strategy it doesn't mean that you can guarantee yourself to earn from it just because you buy at dip and hold. We should consider the time after all, are we going to hold it for the rest of our lives or are we going to sell it in short period of time.

If you don’t gave enough capital, then why “trade” and go through the nights without sleep, and the stressful volatility for only small returns? Small-pleb-level capital should actually be a strong incentive to save and HODL your money in Bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 126
Welcome back 🙏
October 13, 2021, 04:36:19 AM
This strategy doesn't apply for all traders, what if a certain trader doesn't have enough capital? Do you think he can buy every dips or what they called averaging down?  Of course not. Even if it is a strategy it doesn't mean that you can guarantee yourself to earn from it just because you buy at dip and hold. We should consider the time after all, are we going to hold it for the rest of our lives or are we going to sell it in short period of time.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
October 13, 2021, 04:35:13 AM
Does everyone in the forum want another opportunity to buy Bitcoin below $50,000?
It's like yesterday when price was below $50k. Seriously though people usually regret things that are long gone instead of regretting the recently missed opportunities since they are still warm and not feeling the pain. Not to mention that $55k is just 10% above $50k, what would those who make such a wish feel like when price is $500k in 6 months? Wink
legendary
October 13, 2021, 02:06:04 AM

legendary
October 12, 2021, 08:39:14 AM
When parking your money in a bank costs you money, instead of “saving” you money because of inflation, where would the smart money park their money?

Total supply held by long-term HODLers is in ATH. Bitcoin will be $150,000 price minimum during the next year. Cool
Jump to: