Author

Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL! - page 493. (Read 108002 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
September 20, 2021, 03:41:34 PM
I’m stupid, and a bad “trader”. There was no need for me to be specialized in “technical-analysis” to buy the dip. I simply saved some of my monthly salary, zoomed out, and waited. I was also very lucky.

Your strategy in investing bitcoin can also be considered good and profitable in the long run. If you consistently buy every correction and hold it in the long term, then I believe you can also make big profits. Regardless of what strategies we have used so far in investing, buy the dip seems much more popular now.

I once heard a story about someone who regularly invests in bitcoin every day. He started to think bitcoin was a safe and profitable store of value in the long term and decided to invest every day regardless of how much it cost. After a few years, he made a completely unexpected profit from his habit of investing. I think this strategy is almost similar to your investment strategy.

I believe it is starting to become very very obvious that the current crash is another golden opportunity to start looking for discounts? Plus if this might indeed be the bear market, wait longer/be more patient/save and save your money. You want to have something to buy with when the time is right. Cool

This is a huge dump, but it's normal in crypto, we just have to find out if this is just a one-time crash or the crash will continue. If it will, then we might be heading to a bear market which is definitely a real golden opportunity to buy as this means we will see a much lower price that would cause a bigger panic.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
September 20, 2021, 07:50:53 AM
I’m stupid, and a bad “trader”. There was no need for me to be specialized in “technical-analysis” to buy the dip. I simply saved some of my monthly salary, zoomed out, and waited. I was also very lucky.

Your strategy in investing bitcoin can also be considered good and profitable in the long run. If you consistently buy every correction and hold it in the long term, then I believe you can also make big profits. Regardless of what strategies we have used so far in investing, buy the dip seems much more popular now.

I once heard a story about someone who regularly invests in bitcoin every day. He started to think bitcoin was a safe and profitable store of value in the long term and decided to invest every day regardless of how much it cost. After a few years, he made a completely unexpected profit from his habit of investing. I think this strategy is almost similar to your investment strategy.

I believe it is starting to become very very obvious that the current crash is another golden opportunity to start looking for discounts? Plus if this might indeed be the bear market, wait longer/be more patient/save and save your money. You want to have something to buy with when the time is right. Cool
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
September 19, 2021, 04:26:23 AM

Activity: 986
Merit: 516
September 19, 2021, 03:53:20 AM
Because of the mini-crash, September will not be negative. Cool
Yeah, I also believe it. I strongly believe September and October will be good for Bitcoin holders. I am very bullish on Bitcoin right now. Bitcoin tried to break the $48,000 resistance and it failed, but the current price is $47,000 and again it's trying to break the resistance price. Hope soon there will be a pump of Bitcoin. Took a long position at $47600 and the target price is $49,000-$51,000. Most of the CT people are also bullish on Bitcoin. Hope September will be a good month for the crypto world.
legendary
September 18, 2021, 02:21:23 AM
It is easy to say that ""Buy the dip" but it is nearly impossible to know what the dip price is. We are just making our predictions and acting according to it. And we hope that we invested in at the right time. But of course, you don't need to care about what dip level could be too. You can just make an investment any time you want and start waiting for a long term.

Agreed with you. No one can able to say what is the exactly Dip price is. But with the help of Technical analysis, we can predict a  level and can ably make our decision. So technical analysis is very important when people want to make an investment decision. Investment in Bitcoin is really profitable there is no doubt. But the condition is you need to buy it for a long time. In the long run, Bitcoin will give a good return.

Take a look at Bitcoin Monthly Returns(%)

Because of the mini-crash, September will not be negative. Cool
Activity: 986
Merit: 516
September 17, 2021, 04:58:31 AM
It is easy to say that ""Buy the dip" but it is nearly impossible to know what the dip price is. We are just making our predictions and acting according to it. And we hope that we invested in at the right time. But of course, you don't need to care about what dip level could be too. You can just make an investment any time you want and start waiting for a long term.

Agreed with you. No one can able to say what is the exactly Dip price is. But with the help of Technical analysis, we can predict a  level and can ably make our decision. So technical analysis is very important when people want to make an investment decision. Investment in Bitcoin is really profitable there is no doubt. But the condition is you need to buy it for a long time. In the long run, Bitcoin will give a good return.

Take a look at Bitcoin Monthly Returns(%)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
September 16, 2021, 12:51:20 PM
usually when the price of bitcoin or altcoin is on a decline, I will try to place an order at several different prices and I think it is quite effective for those of us who don't know how much the price decline is likely to be, and even from some of the altcoin portfolios that I trade on the market , I even got some of them at the lowest prices when ordering prices in spot trading, so obviously this will be profitable and can also cover the losses of some of the altcoins that I bought at a slightly high price before.

Fuck shitcoins.

We are not talking about shitcoins in this thread...especially when it comes to the concept of HODL.  Do you really believe that there is any such shitcoin that you would HODL?  Don't answer that... it's not relevant here, even if you might come to such nonsense conclusion.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
September 16, 2021, 04:22:48 AM
usually when the price of bitcoin or altcoin is on a decline, I will try to place an order at several different prices and I think it is quite effective for those of us who don't know how much the price decline is likely to be, and even from some of the altcoin portfolios that I trade on the market , I even got some of them at the lowest prices when ordering prices in spot trading, so obviously this will be profitable and can also cover the losses of some of the altcoins that I bought at a slightly high price before.
legendary
September 16, 2021, 12:30:27 AM

Several times in this thread, I have asserted that I personally believe that buying the dip is at best a supplemental strategy, and amongst the best of strategies for accumulating bitcoin is Dollar cost averaging (DCA).. and of course, if any of us figure out a DCA strategy, then hopefully we are both analyzing and figuring out our cashflow, and also creating target BTC accumulation goals.. that could well take a long time to reach if we are a young investor and just beginning to build our investment portfolio... so in that regard, both lump sum and buying on dip are methods that supplement DCA strategies that also involve assessment and tailorizing to our own personal circumstances that should include figuring out our cashflow, our other investment, our view of bitcoin compared with other investments, our timeline, risk tolerance and our time, skills and abilities to plan, learn and tweak our strategies along the way.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 331
September 15, 2021, 06:00:30 PM
legendary
September 15, 2021, 10:23:15 AM
Open Bitcoin chart, and install 50-day SMA indicator. Go to 500 days AFTER the halving of 2016. Where is the price and 50-day SMA? THEN go to 500 days after the halving of 2020. Where is the price and 50-day SMA? Cool

Buy the dip and?

If you have some kind of important knowledge regarding how those kinds of indicators might be helpful in some kind of way, you may need to explain a wee bit more better.

I have no “important knowledge”, I’m only illustrating what can simply be seen, and what’s obviously there. Chart patterns, the same as History, tend to repeat itself, and I believe it’s repeating itself again NOW. Although, many people are in denial.

Fair enough.

I will point out that this people is not in denial, even though each people may well give differing weight to which factors are relevant and how much probability to assign to future events that have not happened yet.

Thus a chart can show us the past - and seems to me that the most of convincing BTC price prediction models are 1) stock to flow, 2) four-year fractal and 3) exponential s-curve adoption based on network effects and metcalfe principles - but even those models do not tell us about details or short-term momentum or manipulation, but they still tell us likely what direction bitcoin prices are likely going in the future.. even if far from guaranteed.

The use of other various models or indicators or even showing some moving averages will show trends averaged out that are averaged out so if there is a sudden change in BTC's price in the short term, the average will take a while to catch up, especially the more data that it attempts to capture in the average.  Also does not guarantee that the averages will continue to go up merely because historically they had been going up.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 268
Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited
September 15, 2021, 06:09:17 AM
I believe that holding is the best strategy. Most of my assets are also in bloody red but it doesn’t affect me too much, its a normal cycle and just temporary so why you fell worry?  We really need a lot of patience to keep holding. Just remember that if you can be good holder then will definitely gain.

Buy at a low price like now and hold it for the next few years is the right step we are doing now, from year to year the price of bitcoin continues to change and in the end the price of bitcoin will rise again over time, I think experience At the beginning of 2020 can be our benchmark for holding bitcoin for a long time, Bitcoin was at $8K In December 2020, and then the bitcoin price started to soar again and penetrated $20K and in the end for those who are patient to hold bitcoin get quite a profit when bitcoin breaks its highest price so far .
 So, I think we have nothing to fear to hold bitcoins as long as possible.
legendary
September 15, 2021, 05:19:46 AM
Open Bitcoin chart, and install 50-day SMA indicator. Go to 500 days AFTER the halving of 2016. Where is the price and 50-day SMA? THEN go to 500 days after the halving of 2020. Where is the price and 50-day SMA? Cool

Buy the dip and?

If you have some kind of important knowledge regarding how those kinds of indicators might be helpful in some kind of way, you may need to explain a wee bit more better.

I have no “important knowledge”, I’m only illustrating what can simply be seen, and what’s obviously there. Chart patterns, the same as History, tend to repeat itself, and I believe it’s repeating itself again NOW. Although, many people are in denial.
legendary
September 14, 2021, 12:21:58 PM

Buy the dip and?

To the extent that anyone is considering philosophies of either buying the dip or dollar cost averaging, the buying the dip philosophy does require some kind of sense about either how much of a dip is enough to trigger BTC buys and also if some fiat should be kept aside in order to anticipate that some further dip could be coming.

Personally, I am not much of a fan of completely running out of fiat, even if there is some sense that all of the dip is already in, and so surely each of us are going to have tactics and strategies to attempt to deal with how much we might want to buy now versus having some cash just in case there is more dip.

Another dynamic remains that with the longer the passage of time with the BTC price in one place there would be a presumption that cashflows may well end up coming in, so then there might be anticipations about what portion of that to buy BTC right now at the current price versus how much to keep in case there is a further dip.
legendary
September 14, 2021, 08:41:13 AM

Buy the dip and?
legendary
September 10, 2021, 03:48:16 AM
Janet Yellen said that the United States government may not have the money to pay its “financial obligations”, and the government might “default”. The word Bankrupt is more suitable to truly describe the problem. But the solution to this is, raise the debt ceiling. Give the government more capacity to issue more bonds to “borrow” more money from the Federal Reserve. Where does the money of the Federal Reserve come from? BRRRRR.

BUY THE DIP AND HODL.
legendary
September 06, 2021, 01:43:05 PM
I believe that holding is the best strategy. Most of my assets are also in bloody red but it doesn’t affect me too much, its a normal cycle and just temporary so why you fell worry?  We really need a lot of patience to keep holding. Just remember that if you can be good holder then will definitely gain.

This thread is not about "most of your assets," but instead about how to attempt to strategize in regards to accumulating and holding bitcoin.

Of course, deciding about how much to allocate to bitcoin may also depend somewhat regarding the performance of other assets that you may well hold and the extent to which you may want to consider allocating additional value into bitcoin or perhaps also shaving off some of your BTC allocation if you happen to be way too over-allocated into BTC.

Personally, I consider that it could take a whole hell of a long time for anyone who is in BTC accumulation stages to transition into either maintenance stages or liquidation stages, but of course, it could even be a dilemma determining when you have reached those later stages.. yet the subject matter of this thread does seem to apply way more to BTC HODLers/accumulators who have not quite yet reached those more advanced stages of their BTC investment.--- and for sure, none of the stages really are absolutes because they are going to overlap somewhat and individual circumstances are quite likely to determine assessments regarding if some kind of maintenance (rather than accumulation and HODL) strategies might be acceptable at various price points along the way in what seem to be largely 4 year bitcoin price cycles (those 4-year price cycles are not guaranteed, either).
Activity: 1380
Merit: 1
September 06, 2021, 01:29:38 PM
legendary
September 06, 2021, 03:25:08 AM
The doctors around the world are confused. The cases caused by COVID-19 are going down, but there is an increasing number of cases of people going to the hospitals because of stress, and anxiety caused by an unknown disease.

Bear disease? Cool
legendary
September 02, 2021, 07:03:48 AM
Bitcoin ready to surge to a new ATH. Did you sell the dip, or buy the dip, or did you DCA? Listen to your Uncle JJG. Many many years from now, you will either regret that you didn’t listen, or you can proudly tell your grandchildren how you had fun becoming rich by HODLing and shitposting. Cool
Jump to: