Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin Roadmap (including CryptoNote protocol updates) - page 2. (Read 8126 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
CryptoNote assets would be amazing!! If only there wasn't the bad 'smell' around the ~80% premine.

That premine could be a blessing in disguise if it were used to subsidize people who issue and maintain Assets like Bitshares': Assets tied to others.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
No time frame yet?Seems an interesting coin
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
Excellent stuff. The roadmap is looking very interesting!

Also am looking forward to the new api's and documentation with great interest!
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Interested.

If you have any questions, please contact us, we will be happy to answer.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Interested.
legendary

I've meant the process of issuing an asset. Transfers are still anonymous as long as you can mix your funds with other outputs.

Thank you! If Bytecoin takes off, its Asset Exchange would be a natural home for grey-market Assets. That's something you and the rest of the dev team should talk over...
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Colored coins and assets
Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

What's the rough ETA on this? More importantly: will the buying and selling of Assts be obfuscated on the blockchain? Would anyone be able to find out what Assets a Bytecoin holder buys and sells?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not ready to provide you even with a rough ETA, since the work is currently in progress.

As to your question regarding obfuscating of buying and selling, transactions are going to be as anonymous as ordinary transactions, the only difference is that users will be able too see the "color" of input or output in blockchain but funds will still be untraceable. Please note that you can mix outputs that has the same "color" or no "color" at all.

In other words, the only thing you will be able to analyze with help of blockchain explorer is which "color" or asset is the most popular among Bytecoin blockchain.

Another thing worth mentioning is that "colored" coin emission can’t be mixed because there is nothing you can mix it with.

Thanks for your answer. By "emission," do you mean issuing an Asset and/or trading it?

I've meant the process of issuing an asset. Transfers are still anonymous as long as you can mix your funds with other outputs.
legendary
Colored coins and assets
Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

What's the rough ETA on this? More importantly: will the buying and selling of Assts be obfuscated on the blockchain? Would anyone be able to find out what Assets a Bytecoin holder buys and sells?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we are not ready to provide you even with a rough ETA, since the work is currently in progress.

As to your question regarding obfuscating of buying and selling, transactions are going to be as anonymous as ordinary transactions, the only difference is that users will be able too see the "color" of input or output in blockchain but funds will still be untraceable. Please note that you can mix outputs that has the same "color" or no "color" at all.

In other words, the only thing you will be able to analyze with help of blockchain explorer is which "color" or asset is the most popular among Bytecoin blockchain.

Another thing worth mentioning is that "colored" coin emission can’t be mixed because there is nothing you can mix it with.

Thanks for your answer. By "emission," do you mean issuing an Asset and/or trading it?
Bytecoin? The one currently trading at five satoshis on Polo?

Colored coins and assets

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
What's the rough ETA on this?

As far as I understand, the exact release dates will be announced later, but all of the features should be implemented in 2015.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Yes that's right. You can buy BCN cheap.
legendary

Colored coins and assets

Is it easy to implement INode to other CryptoNote currencies?

INode can be theoretically implemented in other CryptoNotes. However, it depends on the coins' developers whether it will actually be the case.

New network library
CryptoNote network layer is being migrated to a new library. Unlike epee library that has been used previously in all CryptoNote currencies, the new solution makes node's behavior much more predictable in runtime. This update splits CryptoNote network and worker threads and is a prerequisite for further multi-threading behavior optimization.
How important is this new library? Doesn't epee work fine? As far as I understand, epee is in the very core of CryptoNote. Wouldn't changing it affect a lot of other components?
My concern is that this should imply tremendous work, which can take a lot of time. Since it belongs to 1.0.5 release, does it imply that we're going to wait quite long for it be rolled out?

Epee is a great library but it doesn't fit in with our understanding of how Bytecoin core should operate. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to provide any further technical information at the moment, as this piece of work is far from being finished. What I can assure of is that we will do our best to implement this and every other mentioned feature as fast as possible.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Great news.

Very interesting Bytecoin update. Roadmap is more than impressive, I hope you will be able to develop all of this. When the first update will be published?

Thanks for your feedback! The next Bytecoin release will be available in early April.

Thank you, good to know. Smiley
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
New network library

CryptoNote network layer is being migrated to a new library. Unlike epee library that has been used previously in all CryptoNote currencies, the new solution makes node's behavior much more predictable in runtime. This update splits CryptoNote network and worker threads and is a prerequisite for further multi-threading behavior optimization.

How important is this new library? Doesn't epee work fine? As far as I understand, epee is in the very core of CryptoNote. Wouldn't changing it affect a lot of other components?

My concern is that this should imply tremendous work, which can take a lot of time. Since it belongs to 1.0.5 release, does it imply that we're going to wait quite long for it be rolled out?
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Great news.

Very interesting Bytecoin update. Roadmap is more than impressive, I hope you will be able to develop all of this. When the first update will be published?

Thanks for your feedback! The next Bytecoin release will be available in early April.
Activity: 115
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

INode's description that you quote is pretty self-explanatory. INode is a high-level API interface that has been introduced back in Bytecoin v.0.8.11. Basically, it is a C++ library that is capable of everything the CryptoNote network node should do. It can be used for other applications to replace bytecoind daemon running in the background and have everything inside one app. You may read more about the methods on our wiki but keep in mind that whole API section is going to be updated with the next release: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Node_API

Is it easy to implement INode to other CryptoNote currencies?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Also, is it possible to join Bytecoin team? I would love to be a part of the team. I mean I would love to help but I need to know what is done. You have a great looking roadmap and probably a development plan. Can I take a look?

We are open to anyone who is willing to contribute and help us develop new awesome features for users and ecosystem. If you seriously consider giving us a hand, just send us an email at [email protected], or PM amjuarez on github. I guess there are still plenty of things to work on.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
It is good to see that not only Bytecoin is developing but also a technology that it's based on. I think it's a bit questionable that Bytecoin and CryptoNote exist apart. I mean, people who develop Bitcoin technology are also developing coin...

Also, is it possible to join Bytecoin team? I would love to be a part of the team. I mean I would love to help but I need to know what is done. You have a great looking roadmap and probably a development plan. Can I take a look?
Pages:
Jump to: