Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin Roadmap (including CryptoNote protocol updates) - page 4. (Read 8126 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

Instant transaction notification

With this feature CryptoNote transactions become real-time. When Alice broadcasts her newly created Bytecoin transaction to Bob, his wallet will immediately recognize it and update Bob's pending balance before the transaction is included in the blockchain.

I wonder, in case of double-spend attempt or transaction cancelation how will the wallet react? My question stands for GUI version also.

Suppose, nobody will make the double spend. It is really complicated to accomplish at present bytecoin version.

Okay look. The simplest situation: user has received block reward, but this block went to the alternative chain. It is an ordinary situation and pools may encounter it.

What will I see in my wallet in this situation?

Common, don’t beat yourself up, I suppose Bytecoin devs expected this. In that situation most likely
1) wallet balance will change and
2) this transaction will be erased from the history.

That would make sense.

Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

With this feature CryptoNote transactions become real-time. When Alice broadcasts her newly created Bytecoin transaction to Bob, his wallet will immediately recognize it and update Bob's pending balance before the transaction is included in the blockchain.

I wonder, in case of double-spend attempt or transaction cancelation how will the wallet react? My question stands for GUI version also.

Suppose, nobody will make the double spend. It is really complicated to accomplish at present bytecoin version.

Okay look. The simplest situation: user has received block reward, but this block went to the alternative chain. It is an ordinary situation and pools may encounter it.

What will I see in my wallet in this situation?
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
I see a lot of work being done on refactoring and performance optimization of Bytecoin. But how is it possible to increase synchronization speed 10 times? It will be great of course but still...
Activity: 147
Merit: 100

terra-credit.com

Activity: 373
Thanks for the great info. If you release everything on the list Bytecoin is going to be a very perspective coin! 

+ To the moon!

Firstly, it was "to the Mars" to be precise:

Secondly, Bytecoin is a breakthrough coin already. For one thing, it is the first of all the CryptoNote currencies; Bytecoin team implemented CryptoNote's source code itself. And now they're offering something that almost nobody else seems to be capable of. Smart contracts are huge if you ask me.

I believe so far this is the greatest cryptocurrency news in 2015. The strategy is solid. Firstly, the user experience is simplified with GUI wallet. Second, a lot of work on code quality and, seamingly, re-usability is done. Third, robust merchant solution should further drive adoption. Fourth, tons of refactoring to ensure performance. And, finally, more awesome features.

I wonder the timeframe though.
At last! Is that the GUI preview on the main page? It looks cute!

But I cannot find the download link on the new awesome website Cheesy

The Bytecoin GUI wallet is unavailable for download now, it will be released together with version 1.0.3 at the beginning of April, as noted in the description.
I guess everyone's waiting for quite awhile. It's a good thing that Bytecoin developers uncovered the annual plan.

Thanks! I overlooked this info Smiley
Activity: 63
Activity: 336
Merit: 251

The Bytecoin GUI wallet is unavailable for download now, it will be released together with version 1.0.3 at the beginning of April, as noted in the description.
I guess everyone's waiting for quite a while already. It's a good thing that Bytecoin developers uncovered the annual plan, there are some major updates awaiting us ahead.
Activity: 108
Nice to see a future road map with upcoming features. (A GUI wallet was very well due I believe)
Now it just remains to be seen how well and how fast these features are implemented.

Good luck!
Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy

Thank you for the kind words! We will do our best to deliver the promised features.

By the way, I wonder what are the differences between old low-level API and up-coming lowlevel API?

Any new methods? Where may I see them now (wiki/documentations)?

Previously, only the high-level API interfaces were available, including INode and IWallet. They provided access to all the Bytecoin features, but lacked flexibility. It was impossible to interfere with the way the transaction was created or signed. That is what the purpose of low-level API is, as it splits one "create transaction" method into a group of lower level ones. What's more, the multisig API was not previously available.

The documentation is hosted on Bytecoin wiki. However, we are going to significantly update it with the next release.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
This is more than anyone would expect. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Cryptonote coins gonna enter in to a new dimension.

Thanks Dev. Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hey guys, the first ever CryptoNote GUI was made by DarkNote devs! Ok. Boolberry may be. But still. You are so excited about GUI wallet like it's the most important feature for the cryptocurrency.
To be honest I'm more impressed by the following things:

Payment gateway designed for highload

Bytecoin payment gateway offers a new integration scheme for businesses that accept Bytecoin. It is a robust daemonized wallet that is capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously. Designed for highload, payment gateway is 50 times faster than simplewallet and meets the requirements of the most sophisticated business cases that may emerge on top of CryptoNote.

Colored coins and assets

Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

P2P pools
With all the updates mentioned above we expect Bytecoin network to significantly increase. P2P pool is a temporary sidechain that implements decentralized pooled mining, which is important for network decentralization. In line with CryptoNote's philosophy it decreases the dependence on large mining pools.

I admit, the graphical wallet is not the main announcement here, but you should agree that usability is still a crucial issue for CryptoNote. This should make a positive impact on Bytecoin's adoption, since more people can be driven by a wallet that is convenient to use. Not everyone is used to the command line.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

I think GUI wallet took time. Also it seems that Bytecoin has done a lot of work if all of these features in the roadmap are either developed or researched already:

One thing to mention, these are not some vague plans scheduled for 2050; every feature mentioned in this post is being either researched or developed actively.

I have to agree, it does look promising. Bytecoin future completely depends on how well and how fast BCN developers are going to release updates.

Some great ideas can be discussed for years, but the world will never see them implemented. Look at the Ethereum for example, I've put quite a pile of money in it and release is delayed once more.

All these things that Bytecoin developers has announced are very difficult to implement. Colored coins for that matter... Ullo, Bytecoin team already have a vision on how to implement this or ? Will it look like NXT, Mastercoin implementation or Bytecoin are going to present whole new solution since it's CryptoNote based?
Bytecoin GUI Wallet

Bytecoin team has designed an elegant graphic wallet. Bytecoin Wallet is much more than just a user-friendly implementation of simplewallet's functions. Our team has spent months prototyping, running A/B tests, and focus groups. The result is the well-polished application focused on user experience.

Hey guys, the first ever CryptoNote GUI was made by DarkNote devs! Ok. Boolberry may be. But still. You are so excited about GUI wallet like it's the most important feature for the cryptocurrency.

Bytecoin payment gateway offers a new integration scheme for businesses that accept Bytecoin. It is a robust daemonized wallet that is capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously. Designed for highload, payment gateway is 50 times faster than simplewallet and meets the requirements of the most sophisticated business cases that may emerge on top of CryptoNote.

Colored coins and assets

Colored coins are the next big thing in cryptocurrencies and is the next significant step for CryptoNote. They will allow Bytecoin users to create and distribute various CryptoNote securities and digital assets.

P2P pools
With all the updates mentioned above we expect Bytecoin network to significantly increase. P2P pool is a temporary sidechain that implements decentralized pooled mining, which is important for network decentralization. In line with CryptoNote's philosophy it decreases the dependence on large mining pools.

I admit, the graphical wallet is not the main announcement here, but you should agree that usability is still a crucial issue for CryptoNote. This should make a positive impact on Bytecoin's adoption, since more people can be driven by a wallet that is convenient to use. Not everyone is used to the command line.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

I think GUI wallet took time. Also it seems that Bytecoin has done a lot of work if all of these features in the roadmap are either developed or researched already:

One thing to mention, these are not some vague plans scheduled for 2050; every feature mentioned in this post is being either researched or developed actively.
Activity: 115
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
I need to buy much more bytecoins right now. Besides, what about deadlines? What date is going to be the 1.0.3 version? I’m eager to have a look on first GUI wallet in CryptoNote ecosystem.

Colored coins and assets

P2P pools

If Bytecoin team develop them all Bytecoin will be the most advanced CryptoNote implementation (I'm sad to tell it, but, yes, even more advanced than XDN). All these technical solutions are very important for CryptoNote and CryptoNpte-inspired projects, so thanks, Bytecoiners, and good luck.

By the way, I wonder what are the differences between old low-level API and up-coming lowlevel API?

v.1.0.3

Low-level API for ordinary and multisig transactions

Bytecoin low-level API interface provides 3rd party developers with a flexible access to CryptoNote transactions engine. It covers CryptoNote's core functions that allow to create, validate, sign, and broadcast any kind of transaction including multisig.

Any new methods? Where may I see them now (wiki/documentations)?
terra-credit.com
Bytecoin back in business. Smiley

It was long awaited. Good to see Bytecoin and CryptoNote develop further.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update.

Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
I need to buy much more bytecoins right now. Besides, what about deadlines? What date is going to be the 1.0.3 version? I’m eager to have a look on first GUI wallet in CryptoNote ecosystem.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update. But this roadmap is just awesome. I've always believed that BCN devs are going to come up with something like this. After all, the people standing behind CryptoNote implementation could not have stopped at what they've acheived previously.

I'm really looking forward to the new GUI. Of course, I've got quite used to the old school console, but it's 2015 already.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
terra-credit.com

Pages:
Jump to: