Pages:
Author

Topic: Bytecoin Roadmap (including CryptoNote protocol updates) - page 3. (Read 8126 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
v.1.0.4

Color themes

This update provides Bytecoin users with a new set of color themes for Bytecoin Wallet. Even though our main focus is hardcore protocol features, we believe it's time for CryptoNote to become more user-friendly.

Would it be possible to make custom color themes for the GUI wallet? I remember good all days when everybody was so proud to develop their own IM-client builds (like Miranda and others) with featured skins. It was cool. I think I have a couple of good ideas for new Bytecoin GUI.

Also, why did you decided to add blockchain explorer into the wallet? Isn't it too complicated?

Come on, Jypsi. You know how it is important for a user to be able to see tx hash and to know if his transaction was included in the block or not. In DarkNote GUI we made it possible to open chainradar service in one click, but it's still too far from the ideal solution. I always feel myself a bit disappointed, when chainradar.com loading starts in the new browser window (unexpectedly!) after clicking TX hash in XDN wallet "history" section. Bytecoin devs try to do it in a user-friendly way. Being user-friendly is good.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

You can use the IRC Freenode channel #bytecoin-dev and the technical discussion thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-technical-discussion-718834. Here you can ask any questions about Bytecoin development. And you can write to Bytecoin support.
Developer's blog coming soon.
Activity: 108

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gateway definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

I just haven’t got it how exactly this would work? Something like CoinPayments or what? How quickly can I implement this on my website, for example?

As it's said in the OP, a new payment gateway will be
capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously

Why not make the same feature for GUI wallet?

Why do we need that? Wallet is a wallet, just a GUI. I highly doubt that you will send thousands of transactions in a minute using GUI wallet.

There are two issues that your question raises. As of version 1.0.4 there will be three different wallet implementations for Bytecoin: simplewallet (largely re-written), GUI wallet, and payment gateway. All three are powered with the same IWallet and INode interfaces, so their network performance will be exactly the same.

The difference is in REST adaptor that is used by 3rd party services to process transactions (e.g. check deposits, pay out withdrawals). Currently simplewallet can process up to 200 simultaneous transactions, while payment gateway will be capable of processing up to 10,000 txs at the same time. We expect payment gateway to become the primary wallet for businesses, as it should be much more convenient than simplewallet in this case. Creating such a sophisticated REST adaptor is not a trivial task, and we do not see any need in the same functionality for simplewallet.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
v.1.0.4

Color themes

This update provides Bytecoin users with a new set of color themes for Bytecoin Wallet. Even though our main focus is hardcore protocol features, we believe it's time for CryptoNote to become more user-friendly.

Would it be possible to make custom color themes for the GUI wallet? I remember good all days when everybody was so proud to develop their own IM-client builds (like Miranda and others) with featured skins. It was cool. I think I have a couple of good ideas for new Bytecoin GUI.

Also, why did you decided to add blockchain explorer into the wallet? Isn't it too complicated?
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gateway definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

I just haven’t got it how exactly this would work? Something like CoinPayments or what? How quickly can I implement this on my website, for example?

Why do we need that? Wallet is a wallet, just a GUI. I highly doubt that you will send thousands of transactions in a minute using GUI wallet.
I see a lot of work done be Bytecoin team toward CryptoNote platform improvement. Good for CryptoNote. There is a number of negative points I want to mention now:

1. Bytecoin wiki is really outdated. I hope that new interfaces will be properly documented before being released.

Actually it is not outdated, as it corresponds to the current technology. However, it requires restructuring and cleanup. Wiki update is scheduled for the next Bytecoin release. We will keep it updated.

2. "Payment gateway designed for highload" sounds good but looks to be premature because there is no any highload even in Bitcoin traffic. Does this mean that developers are aware about forthcoming sources of highload? If "no", efforts are probably wasted. Good GUI is much more important now.

It's better to say that we're getting rid of a potential bottleneck. There are some things that should be better done beforehand.

3. "Network-wide real-time transactions synchronization" ... really? How does Bytecoin now without it?

I guess this one might be actually misleading. We're going to make transactions pool synchronized across all daemons. At the moment it is possible for Bytecoin daemons to have different transaction in tx pool (transactions not yet included in the blockchain). We believe that it is important for the daemons to have their pools fully synchronized as it helps solve a number of issues.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

INode's description that you quote is pretty self-explanatory. INode is a high-level API interface that has been introduced back in Bytecoin v.0.8.11. Basically, it is a C++ library that is capable of everything the CryptoNote network node should do. It can be used for other applications to replace bytecoind daemon running in the background and have everything inside one app. You may read more about the methods on our wiki but keep in mind that whole API section is going to be updated with the next release: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Node_API
Activity: 28
Hi!

I see a lot of work done be Bytecoin team toward CryptoNote platform improvement. Good for CryptoNote. There is a number of negative points I want to mention now:

1. Bytecoin wiki is really outdated. I hope that new interfaces will be properly documented before being released.

2. "Payment gateway designed for highload" sounds good but looks to be premature because there is no any highload even in Bitcoin traffic. Does this mean that developers are aware about forthcoming sources of highload? If "no", efforts are probably wasted. Good GUI is much more important now.

3. "Network-wide real-time transactions synchronization" ... really? How does Bytecoin now without it?

4. Simple tools and guides for merchant integration (not for highload and sophisticated scenarios but firstly for lowload and simple ones) are very important but aren't mentioned in OP. Why?

Nevertheless this is an important move from Bytecoin team.
Once again, thank you all for supporting us.

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gate definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

Bytecoin payment gateway will be based on the Bytecoin reference client source code. After compilation you well get a new binary in addition to bytecoind and simplewallet that you already should know. You will be able to control the gateway through JSON RPC interface. Its methods are going to be provided with the payment gateway release.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
There are several accounts created just to reply to this topic, i think a lot of people want to ask questions but not with is regular account.

This is good  Smiley
Activity: 148
I need to buy much more bytecoins right now. Besides, what about deadlines? What date is going to be the 1.0.3 version? I’m eager to have a look on first GUI wallet in CryptoNote ecosystem.
... You are so excited about GUI wallet like it's the most important feature for the cryptocurrency...

Activity: 9
Bytecoin back in business. Smiley

It was long awaited. Good to see Bytecoin and CryptoNote develop further.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy

I've checked the website. It looks neat. And Bytecoin has done good job trying to explain cryptocurrency in layman's terms. Cool  Cheesy

even such a noobish guy like me now understands bytecoin better  Grin so where's your GUI?
Activity: 63
Bytecoin back in business. Smiley

It was long awaited. Good to see Bytecoin and CryptoNote develop further.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy

I've checked the website. It looks neat. And Bytecoin has done good job trying to explain cryptocurrency in layman's terms. Cool  Cheesy
Activity: 2
Thanks for the great info. If you release everything on the list Bytecoin is going to be a very perspective coin! 

+ To the moon!

Firstly, it was "to the Mars" to be precise:
http://i.imgur.com/3F0KFnY.png

Secondly, Bytecoin is a breakthrough coin already. For one thing, it is the first of all the CryptoNote currencies; Bytecoin team implemented CryptoNote's source code itself. And now they're offering something that almost nobody else seems to be capable of. Smart contracts are huge if you ask me.

I believe so far this is the greatest cryptocurrency news in 2015. The strategy is solid. Firstly, the user experience is simplified with GUI wallet. Second, a lot of work on code quality and, seamingly, re-usability is done. Third, robust merchant solution should further drive adoption. Fourth, tons of refactoring to ensure performance. And, finally, more awesome features.

I wonder the timeframe though.

There are some people already working on smart contracts. Ethereum will be launched very soon. Of course, a larger number of platforms are good for competition.

However, Bytecoin is nowhere close to be the first here unless they rollout scripts this week. Which I highly doubt.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
I see a lot of work being done on refactoring and performance optimization of Bytecoin. But how is it possible to increase synchronization speed 10 times? It will be great of course but still...

Devs are updating the network library. And also doing a lot of refactoring. I think that is where the magic happens.

If it's going to be really that fast I might be resynchronizing my blockchain just to check it out. :-)
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh    

Welcome to our community!

Here you can find:
the Bytecoin website http://bytecoin.org
the official twitter of Bytecoin developer https://twitter.com/bytecoin_dev

Also I invite you to Bytecoin community resources:
the Bytecoin main thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-secure-private-untraceable-since-2012-512747
the Bytecoin community website http://bytecoiner.or
the community twitter https://twitter.com/Bytecoin_BCN
and Bytecoin subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/

All links to exchanges, mining pools and block explorers you can find here http://bytecoin.org/ecosystem/

If there are any questions, PM me. I will be glad to help you Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh    

You can mine at minergate https://minergate.com and you can buy it at poloniex https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcn
Activity: 147
Merit: 100

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.
Activity: 9
i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh     
Pages:
Jump to: