Pages:
Author

Topic: (c ͡|Q ͜ʖ ͡o) [ANN][OPC] OPEC Coin POS stage, 2% per month. TipBot here! - page 4. (Read 110712 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
  somebody just dumped a couple million. somebody got a buy order filled for over a million at 20 sats.. Im jealous! Ill buy some for 25 sats
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
We are on the 20 place of MintPal's voting!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#OPC

OPEC Coin has 9600 votes now.

Keep voting guys!
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
It is good that this coin is been revamped. However, we must not forget the idea behind this coin which is 1opc to a barrel of oil. There is no impossibility. It is possible that this coin serve as an alternative to petroleum transaction all over the world. In the light of this, let not focus on the spec and feature alone, let also pursue the real world adoption of this coin. We could start from where original dev left off and move ahead from there. We see what is happening to URO, nothing is impossible!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
it's great that we have an active dev, so thanks for it
but what's your plan for premined coins?
do you want to remove them?

The issue of premined coins has been discussed previously to some degree. Unfortunately it's just not possible and really if the original developer had the pre-mine for the purposes of cashing out, I'm guessing he would have done so at around the time he disappeared ( I have NOT confirmed via wallet balance ).

I personally don't have a lot of funds invested in OPEC, only what I managed to mine and can scrape up from BitTrex. What I do have is a lot of faith in the objective of this coin and that's what is fuelling desire to move forward with the project, I'm not looking to establish another PnD cycle for this coin. I'm putting my name and personal details public because I want to show that my intentions for this coin are completely transparent.

At present I am narrowing down a suitable existing coin to use as a base. One that shares some of the same feature benefits that we want to see incorporated into OPC, one with transparent and devoted developers and a community backing. It is my hope that we as a community once we establish our coin via this base can also contribute in some way, be it via a foundation of left-over swapped coins or via community donations to help give back to those developers and any that contribute to OPC directly as well, including, in future hopefully myself.
Activity: 102
it's great that we have an active dev, so thanks for it
but what's your plan for premined coins?
do you want to remove them?
Activity: 72
So what next....we have to make some steps here.
legendary
 So it will be easier to swap coins if you build a new coin? I think the path of least resistance is best. Whatever is easier.
   I Think that a coin with anon option and Variable Staking would be great. If you start from scratch, how would the Opeccoin be implemented into the new coin?  Summercoin did a successful swap and changed to Navaho. It seems to be working out for them.
Indeed, Digit and Cannabiscoin did the same swap as well. The only problem with that is that I would likely need to take care of all the swapping manually which I would prefer not to do but if that's what people want than I'm willing to seriously consider it.
legendary
   I Think that a coin with anon option and Variable Staking would be great. If you start from scratch, how would the Opeccoin be implemented into the new coin?  Summercoin did a successful swap and changed to Navaho. It seems to be working out for them.
Beauge,
   I think it would be great if you would take control as Dev. Please let us know what we can do to help. Are you looking to completely revamp the coin? I like the variable interest idea? Thanks and look forward to seeing this grow...

I don't necessarily want to revamp the coin but I do want to make it easier to innovate on top of. This ultimately means we either establish a new coin from scratch with a new POW/POS phase or we convert current coins to a new wallet built upon new source code from a trusted existing coin base that already has features we want and looks promising.

Currently I'm liking a mixture of SuperCoin's anonymity if this can be secured, and I do personally like the idea of variable interest but I'm not getting much feedback from the community as yet.
legendary
Beauge,
   I think it would be great if you would take control as Dev. Please let us know what we can do to help. Are you looking to completely revamp the coin? I like the variable interest idea? Thanks and look forward to seeing this grow...
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
beauge, maybe do a new Topic and close this?
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
We are on the 29th place of MintPal's voting now Wink

OPEC Coin price is rising on Bittrex.

So we have a very strong community here - keep voting guys!
legendary
Activity: 1003
Merit: 1000
And dont forget the mintpal voting!!!

Where on #38 atm

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#OPC
legendary
Activity: 1003
Merit: 1000
whats the plan for a relaunch Beau.  Cool

im currently still in the transition stages of new employment (They make you wear pants, I'm going to miss working from home!). I start this coming monday and will have about 2 hours public transit time both ways with internet and computer to dedicate to the project. I've cleared any conflict of interest problems with my new employer but will need to sign some precautionary paperwork on monday as a safety measure.

I am in consultation with a few mates some of which are familiar with c++ whom might be able to lend some juice to the project.

As soon as we can agree upon base features, we as a community would like to start with then ill get the process of coding.compiling and testing the new wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: