Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 97. (Read 286370 times)

hm
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
June 15, 2012, 07:48:36 PM
62-0017 hashing @ 55-60 MHash/s, win7x64
Activity: 397
Merit: 500
June 15, 2012, 07:34:47 PM
62-0015  Cheesy
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 06:55:34 PM
I have just watched you moan for 3-4 pages, its becoming tiring.

I received 4 boards today, what serial number is your board?

Moan moan Wink

62(g2?)-0016@about 100MH/s,W7x64,cgminer2.4.3 original, "middle" 2 comports
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
June 15, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
For what is worth. I received two boards and am running 64 bit Win7 and used the standard cgminer build (I got them before they put up their cgminer version).

First board worked OK after installing the drivers. Plugged in second and couldn't get it working. Kept getting the received 0000000 message.

Eventually, I rebooted and then they both worked fine first time after that.  There is something hypnotic about watching the blue light flash when it finds a share.

Not sure how you know which 2 of the 4 enumerated ports to give to cgminer, but for me it was the higher two ports for each board.

I'll add my voice to the praise for Enterpoint. Great performance to turn around the hardware for this product in such a short span of time - and when you have one in hand you'll see that it it feels a very robust professional offering (no offense to other vendors whose product I also have, but this actually does feel very industrial in quality).

Give them some time and the software side will follow.

legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
June 15, 2012, 05:53:46 PM
Hi,

I decided to use windows just to make a quick test given enterpoint cgminer is for win32 but no way for me either.

Downloaded and installed drivers, I have jtag, port A/B and com20-23.

cgminer.exe says it got 00000 instead of a number, all devices disabled and quits.

Standard cgminer.exe from forum does not even start, I'm on a vista 32bit SP2/ITA laptop which has not an OpenCL capable GPU onboard.

spiccioli.

ps. from the command prompt (cmd.exe) a

Code:
mode comNN:

with NN equal to 20,21,22 or 23

gives me

Code:
Stato del dispositivo COM20:
----------------------------
    Baud:                 57600
    Parità:               None
    Bit di dati:          8
    Bit di stop:          1
    Timeout:              ON
    XON/XOFF:             OFF
    Sincronizzazione CTS: OFF
    Sincronizzazione DSR: OFF
    Sensibilità DSR:      OFF
    Circuito DTR:         ON
    Circuito RTS:         ON

so virtual com ports seem to be working ok

edit: serial number of board: G2-0008
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 05:07:00 PM
Mmmhh, no development board bought here. those were shipped a week earlier with jtag cables?. Also I make no secret in that I dont know how to code. Also I did not order only one also. For just a pin mismatch towards an icarus board it is taking longer now. Either they are sweating, or (and my hopes go definitely in that direction) we might see a pretty perfect built system including up and down links for stacked boards, PowerDBoard, little software to exchange the bitstreams all at once.
Enterpoint themselves probably did not foresee this kind of trouble.

even though i totally believe in enterpoint, I just do not turn into a fan-boi quickly.
Whatever, I will shut up now saying this: a little more info towards the bitstream development status would be nice. Have a nice weekend, may the bitcoin rise
Activity: 466
June 15, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
About cgminer being default FPGA miner. Yes, it is not a default. Right now it's working and it's free so I don't believe there is any reason for anyone to give a free board for the Python based mining software developer.

Mr. Rampone. Stop that complaining. You have purchased that board knowing it's fpr developers. That literally means that you have to DEVELOP something to get it working . I don't see what's the problem here. Enterpoint is not serving you and bringing breakfast to bed? Some of us have ordered a lot more than one board and still don't even have them. You have yours so develop that bitstream and be happy.
hm
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
June 15, 2012, 01:47:14 PM
I was a bit shocked to be unable to install the drivers under windows XP - the board was always being detected as "unknown usb device".
I tried every way of driver installation (source, list/have disk).

the solution was to not use the front usb ports but one of the ports on the back.

now drivers are installed, but cgminer has error (received 00000000, should be something) and even crashes... I'll come back later with a better error description.
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 01:43:24 PM
Dipswitch settings:
To the front (side with usb) both dip banks all ON.
the 2 in the back: 1 off, 234 on

The dip switch settings near the power:

Left side       right side with usb
432 on  1 of, 4321 on

So I've got SW2 and SW5 all set on. SW3 and SW4 have 1 off and 234 all on. When I run cgminer, the LEDs next to SW2 and SW5 go out and will flash blue when a share is found. However the LEDs next to SW3 and SW4 basically stay orange and seem to do nothing. Now if I set SW3 and SW4 to all on when cgminer starts the LEDs will go out and will flash blue when a share is found. Just wondering what is the correct setting...

My "front" 2 ones are hashing (SW2 and SW5), the back ones not (sw3/sw4)(orange light). if i switch all on, it seems that the back ones work, but one fpga will go orange after some time, and no shares are found.
I think that the front two fpga do a half of the icarus stream, and as the pin out to the second one is wrong, the switch might stand for a "do not use that fpga"?
i remember reading something that icarus bitstream lets one fpga hash the first half of the "work noncerange" and the other the second half of the range. This actually fits the unit going idle, if i adjust the icarus-timing to 8 times the hashing speed of an icarus. 4 times i did not try, as i thought: whatever, lets keep it running default...a newer bitstream will be released soon...(hehehe Wink

ebereon: did you use any special configuration for cgminer? My Enterpoint Cgminer always breaks of on all com ports with: test failed, recevied 00000000, should be  00000something.
And i think that the cgminer pack offered by enterpoint does not include a bitstream yet, the bitstreams are all over 2Megabytes.
June 15, 2012, 01:22:36 PM
One more thing.

The first time i started enterpoints cgminer on the 32bit netbook it took some time to start up. Next starts were much faster. I think my unit got the bitstream from the cgminer at the first start. This explains why it didn't work untill today...

I was wrong, standard cgminer 2.4.3 don't work. Enterpoint cgminer 2.3.4 work. So no bitstream in cgminer...
June 15, 2012, 01:12:59 PM
Got my unit running now after 5 days!  Grin

Win7 x64 with enterpoint cgminer do not work. @ Dell Notebook M6600
Win7 32bit with enterpoint cgminer works. @ ASUS Netbook Eee PC R101

Power at Wall:
1 x Cairnmore1
1 x Netbook Win7 32 bit Prof. (cgminer + p2pool + bitcoin client running)
1 x 1000W "old" ATX-PSU (unknown efficiency from 2007)
31 - 39 Watt @ 227V, 50Hz (Powerfactor 0.55, ~0.27A)

Happy hashing everone!  Cheesy

Activity: 18
June 15, 2012, 01:06:59 PM
Dipswitch settings:

432 on  1 of, 4321 on

So I've got SW2 and SW5 all set on. SW3 and SW4 have 1 off and 234 all on. When I run cgminer, the LEDs next to SW2 and SW5 go out and will flash blue when a share is found. However the LEDs next to SW3 and SW4 basically stay orange and seem to do nothing. Now if I set SW3 and SW4 to all on when cgminer starts the LEDs will go out and will flash blue when a share is found. Just wondering what is the correct setting...
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 12:49:34 PM
So what, I will keep asking...the thing most people want updates on was not mentioned today except: a cgminer version for the 50MHz bitstream was released. No: sorry, trouble again with icarus bitstream etc etc.

By the way: keep watching the video, I should reach 1 bitcoin soon via monetization Wink

You guys do not really know me, and now you start bashing me. yeahh. This is normal i guess in btc world, and the thing why i normally do not write in Forums.

If I would not believe in enterpoint, dont you think I would not have preordered on May 4th?

Dipswitch settings:

432 on  1 of, 4321 on
June 15, 2012, 12:43:00 PM
The other thing, the dip switches near the 4 spartans what settings should they be?
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
June 15, 2012, 12:31:42 PM
Watch his unboxing video, not just impatient, just a bit spastic. Grin
Looks like fun. Grin
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
June 15, 2012, 12:29:55 PM
Yohan, I do not want to annoy you, but what is the holdup with the faster bitstreams?

Also when will you release the dip switch configs/documentation about the board? Could you talk about the 4 comports? are those jtag, port a/b, SPI? Could we not use the jtag port to communicate ala x6500 and use that bitstream?

I am sorry, but I think its funny, that on the boards delivered is a week old bitstream and nothing better was released. I am not in the ISE/bitstream development stuff, but it cant be that hard to port another bitstream or at least emulate a x6500 board for their bitstream (works via jtag).

Also the released cgminer does not work for me under windows, so still using 2.4.3 stock binary.

A little bit infos on the software side would be nice, instead of the timetable for the hardware?

(Am i the only one who ordered and received one that thinks this?)

I am really pleased so far hardware vise, please keep us in a closer loop for the software...

Dude, this is like the 3rd or 4th time you've asked in like the past 2 weeks or so now..
I'm sure Yohan and the team are working as hard as they can to get faster bitstreams up and running.

Remember they take about 48 hours to compile each time..

I'm sure they are well aware of the tricone bitstream and the need for faster bitstreams so I think a little patience is required and they will deliver when they can. They are doing a good job keeping us up to date with the support software so far as and when it comes available. That's better than what most would do.

Also remember the project has only been alive for about 50 days now. That's the design, manufacture, basic development, testing and shipping all completed faster than the time it takes BFL to ship one of their already manufactured "Single"s...

Sorry if my tone sounds a bit disrespectful but I think you are just a little bit impatient.
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 12:23:19 PM
Not trivial, yes, but it aint building rome also. My guess is, they are working also a lot on their internal up/down link logic/bitstream management.
Like I said, so far I am actually pleased. But that feeling is vanishing...
June 15, 2012, 12:19:28 PM
There is a CGminer (Windows) for the 50MHz shipping configuration now on the support page.
Any change you guys could post a diff of the CGMiner code so we can port into the 2.4.x release of CGMiner
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 15, 2012, 12:17:49 PM
Yohan, I do not want to annoy you, but what is the holdup with the faster bitstreams?

Also when will you release the dip switch configs/documentation about the board? Could you talk about the 4 comports? are those jtag, port a/b, SPI? Could we not use the jtag port to communicate ala x6500 and use that bitstream?

I am sorry, but I think its funny, that on the boards delivered is a week old bitstream and nothing better was released. I am not in the ISE/bitstream development stuff, but it cant be that hard to port another bitstream or at least emulate a x6500 board for their bitstream (works via jtag).

Also the released cgminer does not work for me under windows, so still using 2.4.3 stock binary.

A little bit infos on the software side would be nice, instead of the timetable for the hardware?

I am really pleased so far hardware vise, please keep us in a closer loop for the software...

I think you underestimate how long it takes to program a biggish FPGA. You can't just change something, compile quickly to see if it works, and then work from there. Each time you compile it can literally take a day. Porting the code over isn't completely trivial.
dafq is goin on
June 15, 2012, 12:11:30 PM

Pages:
Jump to: