Pages:
Author

Topic: Cairnsmore1 - Quad XC6SLX150 Board - page 94. (Read 286370 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
June 17, 2012, 04:04:52 PM
I don't know if I missed a statement for this question completely or it has not yet been answered...

What about eldentyrell's ("tricone mining") bitstream? Are you going to support it? Will it be the first bitstream working* with CM? Or are you focusing on your own bitstream?

(* working means more than 700 MH/s)

You really should be asking eldentyrell this question.  Given his plans for a commission structure, it makes no sense for anyone other than himself to work on implementations.

THis may be true and I have sent Elden a PM with no reply so far. I would think Enterpoint would be very inclined to show that their unit is capable of running Eld's bitstream which could potentially run these units at 1100Mh+. That would greatly increase demand for Enterpoint units imho.
Activity: 481
Merit: 502
June 17, 2012, 04:00:55 PM
Same on mine and i see in mpbm it produce ~16% invalids  Huh

Same here. Must be a bug with the bitstream/dip switches. I'm looking forward to the single Icarus implementation.
Activity: 397
June 17, 2012, 03:59:00 PM
Same on mine and i see in mpbm it produce ~16% invalids  Huh
June 17, 2012, 03:51:12 PM
Turn off the unit (power and usb)

My FPGA switches:
SW2 1234 on
SW3 134 on, 2 off
SW5 1234 on
SW4 134 on, 2 off

SW1 1234 on

SW6 1234 on (runs on mpbm with 56000 baud rate or EP-cgminer)
SW6 1 off, 234 on (runs on stardard cgminer)

Turn on your unit and connect usb, wait until all FPGA led's turn to orange led only, then start your miner software.

If all standard orange led's turn off when you start your miner software, then all 4 running and flashing red from time to time. Blue led turns on short when a share is found.

I hope this helps a bit  Grin

This works well but for some reason one FPGA shows orange but changes occassionally. Only one FPGA though so I'm unsure as to why.

Getting 100Mh/s per Cairnsmore1 though.
Activity: 397
June 17, 2012, 03:01:22 PM
Turn off the unit (power and usb)

My FPGA switches:
SW2 1234 on
SW3 134 on, 2 off
SW5 1234 on
SW4 134 on, 2 off

SW1 1234 on

SW6 1234 on (runs on mpbm with 57600 baud rate or EP-cgminer)
SW6 1 off, 234 on (runs on stardard cgminer)

Turn on your unit and connect usb, wait until all FPGA led's turn to orange led only, then start your miner software.

If all standard orange led's turn off when you start your miner software, then all 4 running and flashing red from time to time. Blue led turns on short when a share is found.

I hope this helps a bit  Grin

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
June 17, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
I am only able to get 2 mining at a time no matter what switches I try. Since I really have no clue what any of them do I'm just blindly guessing anyhow. Eb was able to get 4 mining with his switch configuration a couple pages back, I tried the same and it didn't work for me you might give that a try.

Works fine in windows, I just wish I could figure out what Linux wants to communicate with it. I couldn't get mpbm working with it either. I still think I have a driver issue even though the ttyUSB0-4 are all showing up properly, and the drivers look good in lsmod.
As ebereon worked out - try changing SW6 1 (that, I guess, changes the baud rate?)

The real cgminer uses 115200 in the icarus code

That did the trick thanks Eb and Kano!

Doff
Are you getting results from all 4 fpgas?

If so, can you please post your switch settings for all 6 switches?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
June 17, 2012, 02:16:07 PM
I don't know if I missed a statement for this question completely or it has not yet been answered...

What about eldentyrell's ("tricone mining") bitstream? Are you going to support it? Will it be the first bitstream working* with CM? Or are you focusing on your own bitstream?

You really should be asking eldentyrell this question.  Given his plans for a commission structure, it makes no sense for anyone other than himself to work on implementations.
donator
Activity: 543
June 17, 2012, 01:12:19 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
June 17, 2012, 09:59:37 AM
On June orders we are currently about 1 week behind the indicated schedule. However I am hoping that this week all of our lines will step up a big notch and we will start to recover our delivery timescales back to where we should be. We will know a bit more once we have analysed last weeks performance and we get a view on this week's progress. We did make a very big improvement in efficiency this week and I hope that will show in the coming week.

We do think we have a small stall coming in the first week of July so output will maybe down that week but then we should have 2 very good weeks of output before summer holidays reduce our output in the last week of July and then the very low output for August.

So for the moment your order indications probably won't be far from the actual delivery dates.

Yohan
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2012, 08:35:10 AM
It all depends on when you ordered.  You got an e-mail with an approximate shipping time.
Your pre-order is confirmed at GBP £400 / USD 640 / 520 Euros (plus tax and shipping) per unit. We will update you on the delivery schedule in 2-3 weeks time but it is likely to be mid-June.

The shipping on 2 units will be about GBP £30 / 39€ + VAT(20%). We don't have exact costing yet as we don't have a final weight for the unit but it won't be far off that number.…

Mid-june is just about now :-) I don't mind waiting a bit, but would appreciate an update. I preferred to wait for the 2 units to ship together so I'm probably delayed by some time, but it's not clear to me by how much.
Activity: 378
Why is it so damn hot in here?
June 17, 2012, 08:23:29 AM
Apologies for being a bit late to the party - I got my second board a few days ago now.
So I assume multiple boards delivery is beginning ? I'm a little worried as I've not been contacted yet for ordering and I pre-ordered 2 boards. Hope I've not been forgotten.

It all depends on when you ordered.  You got an e-mail with an approximate shipping time.

Me, I don't get mine until mid July.  I'm not mad, that gives them time to figure out how I'm going to pay with BTC.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2012, 08:15:05 AM
Apologies for being a bit late to the party - I got my second board a few days ago now.
So I assume multiple boards delivery is beginning ? I'm a little worried as I've not been contacted yet for ordering and I pre-ordered 2 boards. Hope I've not been forgotten.
June 17, 2012, 06:32:30 AM

I noticed the dip switches are set differently on each board. Haven't figured those out yet. Just going to play around with them now.

Also apologies for the poor image quality, but camera phones are fast and easy!

EDIT: I matched the dip switches on the top board with the bottom board and now the first 2 FPGAs on each board are hashing correctly with stock cgminer. Haven't figured out how to get all 4 FPGAs hashing on each board yet.

My dip switch settings
SW1 = 1111
SW6 = 0111
Front FPGAs = 1111
Back FPGAs = 0111

EDIT: 100Mh/s each. Anyone managed higher than this yet?
Activity: 556
June 17, 2012, 06:25:25 AM
Well at the moment - in reality - it is just a single number changed and that is all.
... and that seems to be avoidable by switching SW6/1

So I'd guess that these new options might take a while ... longer ... to appear ...

using --icarus-timing=short on standard cgminer release works as well without any other changes. For me at least.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
June 17, 2012, 02:43:39 AM
Well at the moment - in reality - it is just a single number changed and that is all.
... and that seems to be avoidable by switching SW6/1

So I'd guess that these new options might take a while ... longer ... to appear ...
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
June 17, 2012, 02:27:27 AM
Remember this is still only an temporary release of CGminer. It isn't much changed from the standard but there is more to come as we enable the extra hardware features that Cairnsmore1 has.
Activity: 327
June 17, 2012, 01:43:27 AM
Works fine in windows, I just wish I could figure out what Linux wants to communicate with it. I couldn't get mpbm working with it either. I still think I have a driver issue even though the ttyUSB0-4 are all showing up properly, and the drivers look good in lsmod.
As ebereon worked out - try changing SW6 1 (that, I guess, changes the baud rate?)

The real cgminer uses 115200 in the icarus code

That did the trick thanks Eb and Kano!

Doff
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
June 17, 2012, 01:10:29 AM
Ok CGminer (windows) is back and with source code.
Thank you very much. Please also include the license COPYING file with the binary when you next re-package it. It seems to be trivial enough to add support for this device to the main cgminer codebase.

good news it seems cairnsmore1 is going to be added to the main cgminer Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
June 16, 2012, 11:55:13 PM
Ok CGminer (windows) is back and with source code.
Thank you very much. Please also include the license COPYING file with the binary when you next re-package it. It seems to be trivial enough to add support for this device to the main cgminer codebase.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
June 16, 2012, 10:03:47 PM
mpbm works also with the icarus miner, just change the bautrate to 56000 as kano has described. SW6 = 1234 ON
Tried that and still getting:  "could not open port /dev\ttyUSB0: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified.

Help?
Learn what a slash is, and what a backslash is.
Pages:
Jump to: