Pages:
Author

Topic: Camouflage bounty manager? - page 7. (Read 881 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
October 17, 2019, 02:33:08 AM
Bounty Manager only manages the tasks that are offered, meaning not from the developer or team, professional bounty managers also never promote bounty fraud, if there is a BM promoting bounty then it is from the developer, I think with the name of the famous bounty manager always selection in promoting bounties if according to BM is fraudulent then they will not accept the offer, as Arteezy mostly promotes real bounties.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
October 17, 2019, 02:19:31 AM
is it possible that the prize manager and the entire project crew including the developer, they work together and deliberately promote fraudulent projects?

I see how easy they are to erase red trust and promote fraudulent projects repeatedly?
Is this what is called a camouflage manager?
Remember that the manager also risking their reputation in managing project whether if it is fraud or successful projects. They also didn't know when until the survival of the project but they can smell if it is a fraud project if the documents are fake like Whitepaper, website and especially the team members.

That's the reason why those well known and reputable managers did not accept if the payment is their fancy token/coin. Because if the project can afford to spend their own money and paying bounty participants through Bitcoin, it means less scam happens.

I highly recommend if you join the bounty program choose those managers that already have a reputation in managing the campaign.
They know very well about the project they manage and they afraid to lose their reputations if they manage fraudulent projects.
Activity: 868
Merit: 103
*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*
October 17, 2019, 02:15:39 AM
Sometimes yes. Bounty Manager working together with developer for promoting scam project but BM also can be a victim like another Bounty hunter. So it's back to our self again, for being careful before joining to any project. Due diligence is a must because everything can be happened on this section.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 17, 2019, 02:07:47 AM
is it possible that the prize manager and the entire project crew including the developer, they work together and deliberately promote fraudulent projects?

I see how easy they are to erase red trust and promote fraudulent projects repeatedly?

There's always a darker side on the earth while the other side shines like a diamond! It's everywhere! The lack of credibility is actually killing the ICO market. Just because there are enough fraudulent projects available, the actual projects are not getting investments and attention they deserve!

But that's a dangerous side of the decentralized market. With no central authority, scammers don't think about getting a lash back and they continue their misdeeds with the help of fraud managers and promotional partners!
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
October 17, 2019, 02:06:16 AM

This is nothing new, this have been happening for a very long time, we have trusted bounty managers on here that takes no shit from anybody or even any developers, they are very strict with their job and they hate cheating, i like btcleddger, bubbalex and arteezy
Activity: 1540
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
October 17, 2019, 01:49:04 AM
Speaking about the fraudulent project and campaign manager are working together, there is a possibility for them to do that because it happened before.
but once it found out it never been so easy to remove the negative trust unless he has proven his innocence.
yes this thing is called camouflage bounty manager, technically speaking most of the managers themselves come from the team and acting like one.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
October 17, 2019, 01:46:45 AM
Once a scammy manager is detected on here the account will be tagged with red trust and just because its easy for them to create new account i stay away from bounties from new accounts as well, right from day one on here there have been cases of such scams
It's hard to join already with High ranks account what more is on new accounts, for me as long as the bounty manager didn't promote scam project before or if they are known that they studied the market or project before hand then we can trust them, though they can't guaranteed project's success but the fact they do preliminary studies about the project as well they know the project ideas and being good in support even they are not part of the team is a +1 for me. Some bounty managers didn't even know the products they engaging with.
Activity: 490
Merit: 19
October 17, 2019, 01:37:51 AM

Once a scammy manager is detected on here the account will be tagged with red trust and just because its easy for them to create new account i stay away from bounties from new accounts as well, right from day one on here there have been cases of such scams
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
October 17, 2019, 12:52:56 AM

If it is an independent bounty manager I don't think he will, or the community will give him the red trust and flag his profile or even worst bounty hunters will not participate on bounty campaign that he manages, bounty manager that does this are those part of the team or the developers themselves.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
October 17, 2019, 12:50:08 AM

I cannot pinpoint a particular manager with that accusation so far. I have been joining several campaigns in the past and most of them I can recall are failures. Bounty managers are also failures as well but I cannot accuse them of conniving with the project. But it is really possible. It can be made by scammers. In fact, that is the easier part. The hardest part is the creation of whitepapers, a reliable website, and so on to look like a good project. The promotion later on is easier.

actually not difficult, there is a service about that need.
enough with a capital of $ 30 - $ 200, your needs will be met.
if you are interested you can stop by here

https://www.fiverr.com/wedowo

enjoy, you are happy and we are also happy  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 17, 2019, 12:16:09 AM

I cannot pinpoint a particular manager with that accusation so far. I have been joining several campaigns in the past and most of them I can recall are failures. Bounty managers are also failures as well but I cannot accuse them of conniving with the project. But it is really possible. It can be made by scammers. In fact, that is the easier part. The hardest part is the creation of whitepapers, a reliable website, and so on to look like a good project. The promotion later on is easier.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
October 16, 2019, 11:48:26 PM
Man, theres definitally shady campaign managers, i have seen MANY scam accusations for managers over the years here.
im sure some of them work together to scam, yupp Sad
These forums have pretty established trusted managers tho, in todays crypto scene i would suggest only working with those dudes

The forums hold history,so scammy mangers cant erase any red trust, and if they are a newer account on here, i would not trust them personally

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 16, 2019, 11:41:17 PM

Pages:
Jump to: