Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ? - page 91. (Read 51258 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 512
April 14, 2017, 11:56:39 AM
Yes, Bitcoin is money and it can be used for almost everything. It can buy stuff, opinions, love... And using BTC for illegal activities is a kind of corruption also. The problem isn't to have corruption existing in the world, the problem is to don't have punishments for the thieves, criminous persons.

Corruption will always exist, we just need to make all of them pay for their crimes, using the local laws that depend from one to another country.

Why you and most of the blaming bitcoin and compare with illegal actives and terrorism. I am not been long time in the forum and I can understand that its completely politics over BTC.
If bitcoin arises and started using bitcoin as a legal money then every thing will be recorded in that concern bitcoin addresses and no one can corrupt once every transaction is been opened to all.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
April 14, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
Well, we see where is corruption than definitely corruption is depend on money, and as you said in this thread, Bitcoin is also name of money, than if bitcoin is use for bad thing like corruption, than it is not mistake of bitcoin, it is our mistake where we use bitcoin for corruption.     
I agree with you. Weapons can also help the offender to commit the crime, and maybe Vice versa to save a man from the criminal. It all depends on whose hands it is in. Same thing with any values, not just with bitcoin.

Illegal activities most of times were related into money,so btc as well is prone to be attack by bad people, bitcoin has nothing to do with it ,it is us people who decides on whatever we wanted to deal with bitcoin. Lets just hope bitcoin will be used only for the good benefits of everyone.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 14, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
Well, we see where is corruption than definitely corruption is depend on money, and as you said in this thread, Bitcoin is also name of money, than if bitcoin is use for bad thing like corruption, than it is not mistake of bitcoin, it is our mistake where we use bitcoin for corruption.     
I agree with you. Weapons can also help the offender to commit the crime, and maybe Vice versa to save a man from the criminal. It all depends on whose hands it is in. Same thing with any values, not just with bitcoin.
Activity: 798
April 14, 2017, 11:03:49 AM
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
April 14, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
Bitcoin when converted to fiat can be used in corruption. Did you read the news regarding an Indian corrupt police who withdraw the bitcoin they got from the drug dealers they arrested?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/rogue-indian-drug-agent-caught-stealing-bitcoins/

He worked with the drug dealers he arrested so that they can got the bitcoins for them. So this leads me to believe that bitcoin can be used and lead to corruption in our society.
That what happened, with drug agent withdrawing the bitcoins that were owned by drug dealers is only an incident.
In my opinion, it should not lead to conclusion that bitcoin can corrupt everyone in the society.

I think that most of the precious thing may lead to bad things, because humans have desires, which they want to make true.
That is why all is up to particular person righteousness and character- if the unit is doing bad things for money, or would not hesitate to- bitcoin may easily lead to corruption.
But if someone is a regular hardworking citizen of some country, why would bitcoins make him corrupted? It is just a different form of money, instead of USD or any fiat, it is a cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
April 14, 2017, 07:43:08 AM
Bitcoin is Money.

And people will always desire money and more money that they would normally get.
And this leads to corruption, thieves and all the illegal stuff.

Bitcoin will not change anything.
People will still take bribes, people will still steal and will still do shady deals.

Neither gold nor bitcoin or any form of currency can't stop something that is a part of human society.

Potato's can lead to corruption, because when you are hungry you will do anything just to eat potato's in the end. Poverty and social injustice leads to corruption, and every man have a weak spot, some people ate very good in finding what it is, they can bribe anyone because we all have wishes for something.
I think as long as this social situation stay the same, we can't expect end of corruption.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
April 14, 2017, 07:37:50 AM
Bitcoin is Money.

And people will always desire money and more money that they would normally get.
And this leads to corruption, thieves and all the illegal stuff.

Bitcoin will not change anything.
People will still take bribes, people will still steal and will still do shady deals.

Neither gold nor bitcoin or any form of currency can't stop something that is a part of human society.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
April 14, 2017, 06:27:17 AM
Bitcoin when converted to fiat can be used in corruption. Did you read the news regarding an Indian corrupt police who withdraw the bitcoin they got from the drug dealers they arrested?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/rogue-indian-drug-agent-caught-stealing-bitcoins/

He worked with the drug dealers he arrested so that they can got the bitcoins for them. So this leads me to believe that bitcoin can be used and lead to corruption in our society.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
April 13, 2017, 10:33:49 PM
Corruption with bitcoin ? It can't happen really. I'm aware you can hold any amount of money in the form of bitcoin. But, bitcoin is just product and services category, meaning you have to buy it with really money. Where does from real comes? Well from our bank accounts, using them we can buy bitcoins! So, when you have your real money it goes through your bank accounts, which can not be heed from government. So, if you are processing big amount of money then your bank will know where is it going. Most important bitcoin has virtual form. There is dark market for it. Bitcoin when transacted is confirmed by thousands of confirmations. So, being anonymous it is not for those who wants corruption. :-)
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 13, 2017, 10:05:28 PM
Yes, Bitcoin is money and it can be used for almost everything. It can buy stuff, opinions, love... And using BTC for illegal activities is a kind of corruption also. The problem isn't to have corruption existing in the world, the problem is to don't have punishments for the thieves, criminous persons.

Corruption will always exist, we just need to make all of them pay for their crimes, using the local laws that depend from one to another country.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
April 13, 2017, 09:54:31 PM
You already said it,money is the root of corruption,bitcoins is a money wether it is digital or can be use in physical shops.All money and currency can be use in corruption or money laundering.So yes bitcoins may lead to corruption anytime
Activity: 1190
April 13, 2017, 09:45:31 PM
I think bitcoin possible can lead to corruption since bitcoin cannot be controlled by the government. This can easily touch by other people to do some bad things just like in the government.
because of the nature of the anonymous and decentralized bitcoin it makes users can not be tracked. and it is an opportunity to use bitcoin corrupt morning as helpers of their corruption?
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
April 13, 2017, 08:57:44 PM
Bitcoin can really lead us to corruption because it is very vulnerable for that. They just need a lot of money then they can do corruption with bitcoin and they will abused the good terms that is in bitcoin. We are all used in corruption and we don't need to be surprise if bitcoin will be the next instrument for them to use in corruption but let just hope those will not happen.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
April 13, 2017, 08:19:22 PM
Of course it will, man has naturally have a desire in fame and power, some are being blinded by money when going to tht top, some are going to destry others just to get rich. The concept of wealth has been the major problem why there are theft and robbery, bribary and corruption.

Bitcoin of course is wealth and a treasure, of course in this field curruption is everywhere. ( Not even mentioning the transactions in the darknet). This is a human nature, this will exist unless the concept of weatlh exist unless all human desire for peace and contentment.
Activity: 924
April 13, 2017, 07:11:01 PM
Of course. Bitcoin will be much more convenient for corruption, because nobody is regulated and all greedy people will use it.
How are you going to hide your income? If you keep bitcoins on your account, you will not see it, but what prevents you to open an anonymous account in dollars or euros? You get caught only when your expenses will exceed income. What's bitcoin?
I do agreed on you, but as long as we can maintain the good reputation of bitcoin let us not use it for any bad purposes. even we knew is an open source but never abuse it of course. This statement is for the community who are greed and abuser to do corruption.
Activity: 946
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
April 13, 2017, 06:50:29 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
We also know that bitcoin is very open to use for legal and illegal purposes. Depending on the purpose of the bitcoin user, but as much as possible we shouldn't abuse the goodness features of bitcoin. And in my idea, to d some corruption are the people whose in the government or whaler investors in business world.

we should not really abuse the goodness bitcoin offers to us, we should control ourselves for not being greedy and the government  should not interfere regarding bitcoin for there were more lot problems they should settle first.Having bitcoin is for the freedom of everyone without high taxes or ruler.
Activity: 1092
April 13, 2017, 06:37:43 PM
We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
We also know that bitcoin is very open to use for legal and illegal purposes. Depending on the purpose of the bitcoin user, but as much as possible we shouldn't abuse the goodness features of bitcoin. And in my idea, to d some corruption are the people whose in the government or whaler investors in business world.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
April 13, 2017, 04:38:40 PM
Any kind of money,goods can be used for corruption,i think btc is last possible becouse transactions are public

The addresses are public, but how do you know who owns them?
If I were a corrupt politician that takes bribes in bitcoin, I wouldn't reveal my address or move my coins until I'm long gone from the office. To be on the safe side I wouldn't even receive the bribes to my own address, but use a middleman, like a friend or a distant relative. That person would keep the coins while I'm in office, in case someone ever decided to investigate me and seize my computer.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
April 13, 2017, 04:31:12 PM
Bitcoin can't lead to corruption because it is decentralized and even the government can't control bitcoin so i don't think there is a possibility for bitcoin to be controlled by any person in the world so it is very clear to us that bitcoin will not lead to corruption and to be honest, bitcoin will be one of the solution for that problem (corruption).
Actually some wrongdoer's are using bitcoins to their advantage. Since bitcoins can't be traced they are using it for money laundering and some even for criminal activities, also bitcoin's are not centralized therefore there is no proof or ID needed to use them, which though is a very nice advantage since its the first currency for people but at the same time criminals can also us it.

It is like " friction is a necessary evil " and similarly its bitcoins, we all need them though some people use it for wrong activities.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
April 13, 2017, 04:05:38 PM
Any kind of money,goods can be used for corruption,i think btc is last possible becouse transactions are public
Pages:
Jump to: