Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty? - page 126. (Read 63023 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 11:52:53 PM
Why not because bitcoin is a good way to overcome the poverty that exists in this world and not only that even bitcoin can improve the economy in a country less developed its economy.
Activity: 152
July 29, 2017, 10:08:17 PM
People can use bitcoin as a tool to earn a lot of money so they make it richer by increasing their net worth. By using the world's piscine bitcoin to end, but is it all true.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
July 29, 2017, 06:56:59 PM

We are on the process right now sir. Many people most commonly teenagers do benifit in Bitcoin if we look down. Ending world poverty is surely possible if everybody know about it and knows how to work with it in a useful way.
Activity: 882
Merit: 303
July 29, 2017, 03:02:51 PM
I think for me bitcoin is just a currency, poverty is not based on currency but in fact how they will get a currency. If they are hardworking people then they could end up their own poverty but if not bitcoin cant help with them.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
July 29, 2017, 02:33:43 PM
Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.
Yes his right bitcoin is not a magic that can end poverty but bitcoin can lessen poverty we all know that bitcoin gives us money we earn from it if all people are doing it and investing it lots of people will earn money from it so poverty can lessen but not end
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
July 29, 2017, 02:24:26 PM
We arent talking about be rich but about end the poverty, i do know around 200 person wich are working only over crypto and being able to survive, the fact is they were unemployed, soo crypto has being able to change some lifes already. I know bitcoin has changed a lot lifes on the last years, and crypto keeps making it happens all days.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 29, 2017, 01:29:26 PM
It would definitely take a lot  more than bitcoins to make it happen, due to the lack of education and accessibility for most.   
Bitcoin may help in some ways but it is impossible for bitcoin to achieve something like that, there has always been differences in income, so I think our aim should be that people have a better quality of life even if some are able to enjoy more things thanks to their riches.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 01:03:22 PM
It would definitely take a lot  more than bitcoins to make it happen, due to the lack of education and accessibility for most.   
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
July 29, 2017, 01:01:01 PM
Poverty is a big issue of the society it means having people in your country who doesn't have the capability to support their basic needs people who are not financially stable..bitcoin is just a currency the only difference is that is a crypto but unlike other currencies it evolve by demand and supply I don't think it can help solve poverty specially knowing the fact that it can only be used using internet which not everyone has the opportunity and knowledge to use
Activity: 392
Merit: 292
July 29, 2017, 12:33:20 PM
Bitcoin just does not, but btc and altcoins yes
Even if you combine all the cryptocurrencies, it just can't end it. Even if those who lived in the first world countries mine so much of these coins (which they will not), and donate it to those who are economically not even in the average. It will still not help them, because not all of them are computer literate and don't have such facilities. And for the alternative, even if those mined coins have been converted to Fiat, it will be just like a big charity.

In fact you don't need to give a large amount of money, we need to give them just enough of it and 'education', that's what will save them from it.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 29, 2017, 12:16:23 PM
I don't think that Bitcoin is helpful for eradicating poverty. this is just a currency which can be helpful to make money but not for every people. it is a site which needs to be involvement via the internet. so how a poor person can afford it. I think those people are rich and affluent only they can be benefited by this platform.

It can help to reduce people that are in the poverty line/level. But generalizing "world" poverty, I can't possibly see it's going to happen. Problem is too broad when we talk about "world" poverty, there's a lot of places in this world that is experiencing poverty and even electricity, they don't have and we know internet is a much for bitcoin.

Minimal help reduce unemployment, many poor people who apparently have internet access even from the smartphone. Many paths if they really intend to wrestle with bitcoin. It all started with what they had at the time. They fall into the poor category because income is just enough for everyday needs and without thinking of long-term wealth.
Ending the world poverty is a bit impossible, it can decrease maybe but for the poorest country it is even impossible for them to hold a computer or connect a signal.

Bitcoin can only promote the development of wealthy countries, however, in poorer countries, because of the access of people with bitcoin is very poor, the development is almost zero. Technology is something that can change people's lives.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
July 29, 2017, 11:51:10 AM
Poverty has become a major problem worldwide that is pass generation to generation. Despite of the innovation brought by technology, still this problem remains unsolve because money is not just the factor to resolve this problem. Yes bitcoin provides income for an instant but it is not enough to end poverty. It may lessen the problem but cannot totally abduct the fact that poverty is always present anywhere you look.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
July 29, 2017, 10:27:28 AM
Already Bitcoin is doing its part in ending the global poverty. Thousands of people earn money from the signature campaigns here in Bitcointalk. And many thousands of people are employed by the hundreds of crypto-exchanges around the world, in addition to those thousands of traders who earn a living by buying and selling Bitcoins.
Activity: 770
July 29, 2017, 08:23:54 AM
I think that bitcoin will not put an end to world poverty, because it is money that you need to earn. In countries where there is no Internet, they simply can not even see bitcoin.
Yeah that is right but if you will see the large aspect of bitcoin impact to the society it is the new way of earning because in the past the earning needs hard work but now you only need a gadget, internet and some time to earn the bitcoin so it is gradually reducing the poverty but it can't totally ended somehow but is helping to reduce the cases of it.
Exactly bitcoin cannot end poverty but somehow if we analyze the situation it reduces the indigence. It helps those in need because bitcoin offer earnings to anyone who use it. Thus, we can admit bitcoin added a big impact to our life because anyone can earn money through online.

I don't understand the argument here, bitcoin cannot end world poverty clearly but it also causing new poverty just like capitalism did before. A portion of people getting rich and rich and the rest staying more poor with respect to initial condition. Might sound weird, but bitcoin can also cause poverty.

Bitcoin is a currency and a currency cannot end poverty automatically.  It is the responsibility of the government to take necessary steps to  end the poverty by making new opportunities for the common man. An even distribution of currency is required to eliminate poverty whether it be bitcoin or any other fiat like US Dollar, Euro etc.
Bitcoins can alone not end poverty from the world. The things you have mentioned should be taken under consideration. We need to pay less to already rich people and should focus on creating jobs for the unemployed people so that they can live a life of dignity and are not at the mercy of cruel billionaires. 
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 29, 2017, 03:29:57 AM
I don't think that Bitcoin is helpful for eradicating poverty. this is just a currency which can be helpful to make money but not for every people. it is a site which needs to be involvement via the internet. so how a poor person can afford it. I think those people are rich and affluent only they can be benefited by this platform.

It can help to reduce people that are in the poverty line/level. But generalizing "world" poverty, I can't possibly see it's going to happen. Problem is too broad when we talk about "world" poverty, there's a lot of places in this world that is experiencing poverty and even electricity, they don't have and we know internet is a much for bitcoin.
There are many reasons why poverty is happening in the world and even though bitcoin comes it will not instantly eliminate poverty in the world. Behold there are many poor people who can not use the internet Even many of them are also lazy to learn, there are many problems that can not be solved with bitcoin

Like I said, it is being experience everywhere. When it comes to laziness it's not of bitcoin's business anymore. Just like what I believe in life, opportunities are everywhere, you just need to come and seek them and they will knock to you. Being lazy is one of the reasons too why the poor became poorer they don't have facilities too.
Lazy there is reasons, if they can not do anything of course it is not because they do not want to change their fate, they are not power to change fate for many things, for example is a state policy that is not impartial to them.

Policy and the government must do something about it. We have knowledge that bitcoin can empowerment a country or a community but having no facilities and other people who are willing to do the initiative to educate those people who lives there. Because they will not just know that bitcoin in an instant without someone telling it.
Activity: 154
July 28, 2017, 10:50:41 PM
Bitcoin just does not, but btc and altcoins yes
Activity: 282
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
July 28, 2017, 09:36:47 PM

Minimal help reduce unemployment, many poor people who apparently have internet access even from the smartphone. Many paths if they really intend to wrestle with bitcoin. It all started with what they had at the time. They fall into the poor category because income is just enough for everyday needs and without thinking of long-term wealth.
Ending the world poverty is a bit impossible, it can decrease maybe but for the poorest country it is even impossible for them to hold a computer or connect a signal.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
July 28, 2017, 01:26:39 PM
Bitcoin can not put an end to world poverty. This is an electronic currency, not a magic wand. In order to get bitcoin you need to earn it or earn another currency and exchange it for bitcoin.
yes that is right that bitcoin cannot end world poverty but still it can help us to over come it for a little. it can give opportunity to poor people to make money from bitcoin and earn their livelihood.

When you talk about living, there are many who earn a living / get a job from bitcoin, but this is only for those who understand the virtual world.
At this time may be said 50-70% of the world's citizens have been able to make money from bitcoin
Man, how can you say that 50% to 70% of the world population have made money in bitcoin, adoption in bitcoin has not reached even 1% of the human population, we are probably in between two to ten million users, at the moment, your numbers are way off mate.
Activity: 798
July 28, 2017, 12:21:33 PM
I think that bitcoin will not put an end to world poverty, because it is money that you need to earn. In countries where there is no Internet, they simply can not even see bitcoin.
Yeah that is right but if you will see the large aspect of bitcoin impact to the society it is the new way of earning because in the past the earning needs hard work but now you only need a gadget, internet and some time to earn the bitcoin so it is gradually reducing the poverty but it can't totally ended somehow but is helping to reduce the cases of it.
Exactly bitcoin cannot end poverty but somehow if we analyze the situation it reduces the indigence. It helps those in need because bitcoin offer earnings to anyone who use it. Thus, we can admit bitcoin added a big impact to our life because anyone can earn money through online.

I don't understand the argument here, bitcoin cannot end world poverty clearly but it also causing new poverty just like capitalism did before. A portion of people getting rich and rich and the rest staying more poor with respect to initial condition. Might sound weird, but bitcoin can also cause poverty.

Bitcoin is a currency and a currency cannot end poverty automatically.  It is the responsibility of the government to take necessary steps to  end the poverty by making new opportunities for the common man. An even distribution of currency is required to eliminate poverty whether it be bitcoin or any other fiat like US Dollar, Euro etc.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 28, 2017, 11:24:34 AM
Interesting to see if someone replies “Yes it will”. Of course it won’t. Nothing can ultimately deal with world poverty. But I believe that Bitcoin can significantly improve all the ways of striving against it. For now Bitcoin is the best donation instrument I know. The fees are extremely low, making it possible to do micro-donations. You can donate $0,3 or even less. No one would do this with banks, because the fee can exceed the donation amount. In this way, Bitcoin is a good motivator to donate a small amount of your money in one click.

Donations can not save the world from poverty, that is just a marketing trick, at least it is my opinion. Fight against poverty should be on higher
level, that means governments should stop giving money for weapons and armies, celebrities should be paid but not like now, companies should give
the part of their profit back to people. That are the steps we need, not bitcoin or donations.
   But when will this happen? It is opposite, governments are investing more and more every year in military, celebrities are earning more and more each year, companies also make higher profit every year but workers earn less and less. Things will not change until people rise!
Jump to: