Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown? - page 16. (Read 2875 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 2
February 25, 2018, 08:57:44 AM
Bitcoin atleast for a couple of years is here to stay. Adoption of bitcoin has just started, it still is the infancy stage, thn it will grow. So bitcoin is here to stay. But definately the boom period after a coyple of years might slow down
Activity: 106
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 08:54:33 AM
In my opinion, I don't think that government would ever be able to shutdown Bitcoin. But a worldwide stop of internet or electricity would definitely kill it.
Activity: 168
February 25, 2018, 08:49:22 AM
No one can ever shut down Bitcoin ever unless internet is existent in the world Bitcoin protocol runs
Activity: 127
February 22, 2018, 12:27:29 PM
BTC can death
But Blockchain will change the worrld!  Wink
Activity: 167
Merit: 1
February 22, 2018, 12:20:05 PM
Bitcoin can be shutdown if and only if there is no electricity, internet, investors & miners. In today's setting, you can never shutdown bitcoin because it's all over the world. The bitcoin network is too big and there are too many users/miners that are working to improve it.
Activity: 726
Merit: 251
February 16, 2018, 05:49:47 PM
For me, there is an important point that chokes like a bursa or business, which can cost a little price but in the long run it is difficult or can not be closed. It's just liquidity that will be very painful. Cool
Activity: 254
Merit: 110
February 16, 2018, 05:31:12 PM
The only thing that come in my mind to shutdown bitcoin is only world war III, when massed country use nuclear bomb and chemical/biology weapon. Lost generator, lost electricity, lost money, only you and your skill to survive. Otherwise, government wouldn't be able to shutdown this things.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
February 16, 2018, 05:24:07 PM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
bitcoin is a strong cryptocurrency, the more people or investors who has the interest to buy bitcoin especially now that the market is in a red mark it will continue to be more stonger. The only thing that is possible to shut down bitcoin is when there's no electricity and internet connection. This two has the power to shut down bitcoin. But it's not going to happen because we people uses electricity and internet becuse it is part of our daily lives.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 02, 2018, 11:57:08 PM
I agree with you and I think it's very difficult to close down Bitcoin because of the thousand/millions of supporters it has globally. However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.

Volatility is our daily life here, stop complaining about it Grin

If shutdown refers to ban then it wont. Bitcoin and crypto are all decentralized, unlike centralized technology that can be blocked. Good luck to you blocking peer to peer technology like blockchain has Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
February 02, 2018, 09:53:10 PM
However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.
Times aren't tough for Bitcoin, stop taking mainstream media articles for face value. If you look at the long term picture, Bitcoin is doing better than ever before, but people don't see that due to how short term minded they are.

Bitcoin's market has always been turbulent, and again, if you look at the long term picture, the volatility we have gone through, and the fud we experienced, haven't had a single impact on Bitcoin's price.

Some times I'm seriously embarrassed by how stupid the general logic here is. We have been through all this so many times before, but people still fail to get the whole point of this market and everything tied to it.
Activity: 69
February 02, 2018, 09:36:49 PM
I agree with you and I think it's very difficult to close down Bitcoin because of the thousand/millions of supporters it has globally. However, times are tough for Bitcoin and we should get ready for more turbulence ahead. At the end of this, I still believe that Bitcoin will come out stronger.
Activity: 650
Merit: 100
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
February 02, 2018, 09:32:39 PM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?
It will totally shutdown if adoptors will stop using it.Aside from losing internet connection and electricity bitcoiners play a very great role on bitcoin history where we truly believe on bitcoins potential to make our lives to be financially free.Bitcoin is worthless if we stop using it but most probably it will not happen because bitcoin nowadays were already popular eventhough it has been through the toughest times but positively it will recover soon and this will not easily shutdown.
Activity: 277
February 02, 2018, 09:26:47 PM
Several things can shutdown Bitcoin. First if everyone decide at the same time that they are no longer interested in Bitcoin. Second if all government agencies in every country block every Bitcoin, cryptocurrency and Blockchain related ip addresses from access. Third if electricity fails, fourth if there is no internet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 02, 2018, 09:25:12 PM
No! The value of bitcoin now is too low so many people will biy more if the bitcoin will go down so there is no reason and no one can kill bitcoin bitcoin is a technology that can change our econonomy so maybe it will continue to grow.
Activity: 350
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
February 02, 2018, 09:22:19 PM
Not at this time, because everyone pampers the pleasure of what they have get from bitcoin. It will shutdown unless no one will continue prosper in bitcoin. But at these time it keeps booming to the higest point evethough the price is flactuated. But many bitcoiner stood up and hold, waiting for the right time. So no exact reason yet, why it shutdown.
Activity: 76
Merit: 1
February 02, 2018, 09:02:06 PM
If there is no electricity and internet connection we cennot use bitcoin and we cannot do bitcoin transaction but it cannot totally shut it down, maybe if the government has a restriction for using or totally ban the bitcoin in your country or maybe if somebody will hacked all the data and force it to shut down but  because of its secured system i think it wont happen.
Activity: 56
February 02, 2018, 08:57:04 PM
I think bitcoin can not shut down because it's one of the most popular in the country..and bitcoin has the most sites here and it's the biggest company
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
February 02, 2018, 08:40:18 PM
Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!
as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning,hard drive so no electricity, no internet not kill it. However it will not be traded, only exists in the form of worthless. no electricity, no internet, the world will going back to Neolithic

Exactly, bitcoin can never be shutdown unless it will be hacked and make the system to destroyed which can cause a totally shut down but as of this moment it's impossible to be happened. Bitcoin was designed to its highly secured system which can't easily to be hacked nor to destroy the system. As the bitcoin will works only via online system on the internet connection powered by the electricity it will never be shutdown at all.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
February 02, 2018, 08:15:17 PM
the sooner you start think positively the better for you. Bitcoin can be shutdown, this can only happen only when there is no more internet connection.
Bitcoin can also be shutdown if the demand on the market of bitcoin is gone. We can say that bitcoin can never be shutdown because it have a good market as of now and the demand is just keep on coming in bitcoin and i think that in the long run, we can still say that bitcoin is on a good health but after 100 years, bitcoin can be shutdown because of the loss of interest by the investor because of the being old in technology.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
February 02, 2018, 07:58:40 PM
the sooner you start think positively the better for you. Bitcoin can be shutdown, this can only happen only when there is no more internet connection.
Pages:
Jump to: