Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Bitcoin Ever Be Shutdown? - page 17. (Read 2875 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 256
February 02, 2018, 07:40:12 PM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

Definitely no.  I think bitcoin cannot be shutdown by anyone,  yes it can be banned but they cannot remove it.  We all know that the main access to earn bitcoin is by through internet connection. Without it we cannot earn any digital cryptocurrency so if they want shut down bitcoin they must go first the internet connection.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
February 02, 2018, 07:35:10 PM
To be able to completely shut down the Bitcoin network all Bitcoin nodes should be destroyed which is those computers that runs bitcoin client software and has a blockchain on it. It's impossible to do that since Bitcoin nodes are spreading worldwide.as far as I know the bitcoin archive are in for conditioning,hard drive so no electricity, no internet not kill it. The government could regulate Bitcoin into oblivion if they really wanted to, the government has this sort of power to be able to kill Bitcoin off at any moment.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
October 21, 2017, 02:42:38 AM
I was just wondering, what would it take for the Bitcoin Network to be shutdown completely?

As to what has happened in China there really is a large possibility that it can be shutdown or banned entirely in a place or country. Woth this in minf it is almost a neccessity that we be able to be ambassadors of bitcoin to the public and society.
In between the speculations bitcoin is surviving with great succession. From the beginning rivalries of bitcoin is trying to defeat it at any cost but they cannot do anything bad with bitcoin. Bitcoin is so much strong than the thinking of his enemies. Hopefully bitcoin will go ahead toward his destination with succession forever and nothing will shut down in future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
October 20, 2017, 06:07:05 PM
I do not know what this means. for now bitcoin will not shutdown completely because people have used it a lot and many have benefited from the bitcoin, although some countries forbid it but people will find another way for bitcoin business
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
October 20, 2017, 06:03:50 PM
One this will made this happen. No electricity. With this everything will go dark. No internet no bank transfers no tv no nothing everything is dark.
This is one of possible ways, other involves that in some crazy scenario all countries go bankrupt then maybe bitcoin would fall to or will go up so high that you could buy state for 1 bitcoin.

That is a nice answer. I would also say if all governments do not get their taxes, because of cryptocurrencies, they would work together to stop bitcoin. Maybe they find a way to stop it, but it will be much expensive.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 05:59:15 PM
it may be possible in the nearest future
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
October 20, 2017, 05:52:20 PM
You have a wonderful question sir, for me Bitcoin will never get shutdown because it is apart of our society and gives the economy harmony to the people it gives them happiness contentment where they can find the true meaning of existence of themselves, trying to give everything just to help other people is a part of bitcoin nowadyas so it will never get shutdown.
Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
October 20, 2017, 04:48:03 PM

The Bitcoin Network fully relies on the existence of the internet. Considering this fact, we can say that the only way to shutdown Bitcoin completely is by shutting down the internet itself. Another is electricity. No electricity, no Internet. So if you shutdown these two then you could probably shutdown the entire Bitcoin Network. Well that is if you can Roll Eyes
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
October 20, 2017, 03:24:51 PM
One this will made this happen. No electricity. With this everything will go dark. No internet no bank transfers no tv no nothing everything is dark.
This is one of possible ways, other involves that in some crazy scenario all countries go bankrupt then maybe bitcoin would fall to or will go up so high that you could buy state for 1 bitcoin.

Yes.Bitcoin is ever and never get shut down.It will possible only if the internet is no more from the world.I think now,world was not run without internet.Now even in a remote village the internet is in process.So it is not at all possible to make the Bitcoin as no more or Shut down.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
October 20, 2017, 03:13:17 PM
I agree that there is nothing eternal in this world and absolutely everything has its beginning and end, but I think that bitcoin is at the beginning of its journey and its end is still far away, although the events are developing very rapidly.
I think this topic is senseless, because if someone is earning from a site how can he asked a question like this? Does he fear of shutting down of bitcoin because of his investment or anything else ?

Nothing can stop bitcoin from prevailing all over the world and you will see that in the near future bitcoin will be the only usable digital currency in the world. There is nothing to worry about the shutting down of bitcoin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
October 20, 2017, 02:55:45 AM
Aside from having no electricity, no internet and all countries implementing a total ban on Bitcoin there could be another futuristic reasons that could possibly make Bitcoin disappear. Worldwide EMP attack, Asteriod impact and end of the world are worst than all of those listed above it could even end the human race. It might not happen today but could possibly be happening in the future but of course I am hoping that it won't come true. Bitcoin is unstoppable without those lists.
I think you are indicating towards the doom day. That will Of course happen which will destroy everything with it on that day but that is totally a different topic from this. When this entire universe will end then who cares about bitcoin?
The primary priority of humans is life if there will be no life the rest of the things will be meanless.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
October 20, 2017, 02:38:59 AM
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 02:20:56 AM
Yes there is a down fall for each and every thing. If we look at the currency market it is highly risky and fluctuated in a very short period of time for bitcoin it has very popular to us but we don’t know that for how long it will stable its popularity. Yes it is true that now it is at boom level and there are so many crypto currencies are introducing and we will see the future of that currenices.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
October 20, 2017, 02:05:42 AM
only the person who created it will be able to answer that question.

You can goo to the newbie section and ask there, there are hundred of people who will answer you , from the thousands that know how bitcoin is working.
The coin is basically a bunch of code, everyone knows what and how it works, it's an open book.
There is no secret behind it that only it's creator knows. This isn't Lord of The Rings.

I have read an article about quantum computer . Lots of researchers are working on it and it just moving  steps closer to the reality . And if it comes to the reality it will destroy the whole crypto system we use, hence also destroy the bitcoin.

It is not going to destroy bitcoin.
A quantum computer will just have a shot at breaking the privkeys but there are two important things:
1) there is no real quantum computer available and building one capable of that might take a lot of time
2) quantum computers are not magical they too have their limitations so combined with point 1 , it is possible to build a quantum resistant algorithm. There are at least two experimental that have been discussed here, although they are in the same stage as the computers.
https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/qbitcoin-making-bitcoin-quantumcomputer-proof
Funny that the inventor also has a Japanese name, but at least we know who this guy is.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 01:49:54 AM
No. People have experimented with broadcasting transactions with ham radio, battery powered (no electricity)

You could even calculate hashes by hand, if need be (it might come to that with nuclear war, these maniacs who have power are insane)
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
October 20, 2017, 01:47:42 AM
I have read an article about quantum computer . Lots of researchers are working on it and it just moving  steps closer to the reality . And if it comes to the reality it will destroy the whole crypto system we use, hence also destroy the bitcoin.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
October 20, 2017, 12:59:25 AM
Well its life, there's no permanent in this world our life will end of course the bitcoin too. Before it shutdown completely there's a sign that the bitcoin going to destroy or disappear completely if it continue to falling down it price.then the electricity too.bitcoin cannot access without electricity
I don’t think so. How can it be possible that something more valuable and profitable can be shutdown someday? It is beyond the sense. I think that the investors who have invested in bitcoin are not brainless. They have surely studied all the related aspects about bitcoin and then they have invested. Why one would invest in such a thing which may not survive in the future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
October 19, 2017, 10:49:43 AM
Well, no electricity, and no internet connection would kill BTC for sure! You wouldn't be able to make any transactions without these.
Other issue can be all the countries in the world ban BTC, but this will not restrict it's circulation, as no internet connection do!

In other words, bitcoins can not be killed by anyone because the electricity and the internet are not lost. Depending on whether there is a widespread war, money and bitcoins will no longer be profitable. Really bitcoins can no longer be prevented and it really happens that the world must be changing and with each passing moment there are new ones that will expose the future of people living in the future
Activity: 385
October 19, 2017, 10:39:43 AM
The absence of  electricity, internet, and bitcoin users. it can also be shutdown if it's declared as illegal in all country.

Not even the latter will completely kill it. It's easy to use for shady deals so criminals can always fall back on it. The absence of electricity and internet is really the only thing that can completely shut it down, but that will never happen.
Activity: 308
October 19, 2017, 10:07:00 AM
I can not imagine if the bitcoin network is closed, try to think positively.
Pages:
Jump to: