Pages:
Author

Topic: can bitcoin in the future surpass gold? - page 18. (Read 18456 times)

Activity: 262
Merit: 2
August 25, 2018, 11:04:31 AM
with the existence of the bitcoin currently, and the number of users that have a bitcoin bitcoin or play, although this is still not legal in my country but judging from the results of previous prices before bitcoin is higher than the price of gold, but for defeat him still don't know because the price of gold has always been the standard diharga though not down so much and certainly will be going up again in time to time.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 09:25:12 AM
Gold has been a constant form of wealth at all times. As other precious materials have come and gone, gold has been consistent a trusted asset. Gold can be converted in fiat currency anytime you need it. It has proven its value. It never vanished up until now. Gold has passed the test of time. Bitcoin is in the stage of infancy where its value is not stable. Maybe after 10years it is possible to surpass gold if crypto will continuously increase its value. But the consistency of gold cannot be transient by bitcoin
Activity: 89
August 25, 2018, 06:11:26 AM
Although the price of Bitcoin has surpassed gold, its use is still not as extensive as gold, but I think Bitcoin will be better developed in the future!
Activity: 559
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 03:56:11 AM
Bitcoin can go further but can not pass gold. Politically proven gold is the best storage tool and it is unlikely to be replaced.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 03:39:05 AM
I think that can happen because the total supply of bitcoin has a very limited total supply but the demand for bitcoin is very high, making the price of bitcoin can be very expensive and can exceed the price of gold.
Activity: 84
August 24, 2018, 11:31:11 AM
The ways these coins are measured are totally different. how do you compare?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
August 24, 2018, 08:09:56 AM
yes of course that could happen because when bitcoin in the future will be more and more using bitcoin, the more that uses bitcoin and the price of bitcoin will become very expensive and can even be more expensive than gold.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
August 24, 2018, 06:37:55 AM
We dont know really what is the future value of bitcoins ,after Bitcoin crash down from $20k  goes to $6400 as of now ,but don't know also the market manipulation,so think positive is the best key:)
Activity: 2268
Merit: 581
August 24, 2018, 02:57:50 AM
I believe Bitcoin has very great potential of growing on the global trade market. But then, i do not see how appropriate it is to compare Bitcoin to Gold in value, let alone talk about Bitcoin surpassing Gold. There is no way this will ever happen.
Agree in my opinion, it will never happen, gold has a high selling value as jewelry and potential commodities. bitcoin will
have a good future but that does not mean that it will be surpass gold, gold has its own place for investors and its users
I disagree here with you, bitcoin is much worthy and much important than any other investment so I appreciate those who has good thinking, as you are saying gold is worth investing so it was long ago way of investing money but now people are investing and they are getting good profit only bitcoin, for me it is only bitcoin which gives us profit and saving for life, it is hard to manage our life well without investment with bitcoin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 208
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 23, 2018, 10:58:56 PM
I think that could happen because this bitcoin has a very limited total supply and has very high demand so that it can beat the price of gold, I am sure it will happen someday.
Activity: 13
August 23, 2018, 10:44:42 PM
it is a very small possibility that bitcoin will ever surpass gold, because of the nature of these two products. first of all, people have been investing in gold for a very long time, and the price has continuously steadily increased, in contrast, bitcoin is relatively new to the market, and it is hard to say which way it will swing at the current moment. Gold is more stable while at the moment bitcoin is more volatile making it a higher risk product. But on the other hand, gold is a commodity which just lies there and mainly does nothing but gain value, but if bitcoin were to be used in everyday life it could become a more practical and therefore more valuable;e asset.
Activity: 281
August 23, 2018, 07:00:07 PM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.

Tangible real gold and digital gold are far different to each other. We don't need to compare bitcoin in gold even in terms of value and popularity. Gold already there since the beginning of the world. It is tangible asset unlike bitcoin which is volatile. So stop comparing it and just invest both if you want.They are both valuable and profitable.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 23, 2018, 05:15:33 PM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.

They actually can't be compared, like - how? 1 bitcoin vs 1 kilogram, 1 gram, 1 ounce - of gold?
We can compare the whole markets, like to total market caps of each market but the comparison is even more legitimate when we consider the characteristics of each one, gold and bitcoin are money and while they have similar characteristics they perform differently, for example if you want a store of value gold is better than bitcoin since it has value now, it had value thousands of years ago and most likely it will have value in the next centuries as well, but bitcoin is a better investment than gold thanks to its volatility.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 23, 2018, 04:36:29 PM
No ones can say for sure but I believe that Bitcoin cannot surpass gold because golds are physically earn and you keep without it getting 'hacked' or 'harm', unlike bitcoin, it can easily be steal by others just by hacking or bypassing the data base of your wallet.

Its also boils down to the actual and real usage of both. And look, golds market is around $7-$8 Billion an compare it right now to crypto $200 M with bitcoin around $110 M. So its very far and not a good comparison although bitcoin is more expensive as compare to a ounce of Gold but it doesn't makes any difference. Both have difference purpose, Gold is as old as humanity while Bitcoin is still in its infancy. So it can't surpass Gold in the future unless Gold holders suddenly switch to Bitcoin as hedge, but I don't see it happening in the future.
Activity: 238
August 23, 2018, 04:11:18 PM
No ones can say for sure but I believe that Bitcoin cannot surpass gold because golds are physically earn and you keep without it getting 'hacked' or 'harm', unlike bitcoin, it can easily be steal by others just by hacking or bypassing the data base of your wallet.
Activity: 56
August 23, 2018, 06:12:27 AM
This is a very difficult thing, because the use of bitcoin is very different from gold, and bitcoin is more used for commercial hype!
Activity: 462
Merit: 17
August 23, 2018, 05:51:41 AM
Of course, bitcoin can surpass gold. Bitcoin has already surpassed gold. But really high prices for Bitcoin are yet to come.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
August 23, 2018, 05:15:08 AM
I believe Bitcoin has very great potential of growing on the global trade market. But then, i do not see how appropriate it is to compare Bitcoin to Gold in value, let alone talk about Bitcoin surpassing Gold. There is no way this will ever happen.
Agree in my opinion, it will never happen, gold has a high selling value as jewelry and potential commodities. bitcoin will
have a good future but that does not mean that it will be surpass gold, gold has its own place for investors and its users
Activity: 84
August 23, 2018, 04:40:48 AM

They actually can't be compared, like - how? 1 bitcoin vs 1 kilogram, 1 gram, 1 ounce - of gold?
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
August 23, 2018, 01:25:12 AM
yes of course you can because the digital currency conditions like bitcoin will be needed in the future to do all kinds of transactions and the total supply of bitcoin has also been very limited so that the price of bitcoin can be very expensive and exceed the price of gold.
Pages:
Jump to: