Pages:
Author

Topic: can bitcoin in the future surpass gold? - page 19. (Read 18450 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
August 23, 2018, 12:55:49 AM
Both are good investment but both are very different in terms of features and being a currency bitcoin is a digital currency designed to be a payment for transaction whether it's commerce or e-commerce it can also be used as investment or asset. While gold it just for stock investment nothing more.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 12:38:06 AM
Bitcoin, as well as precious metal, will vary. Can there be any kind of business these days allows precious metal because setting associated with repayment? How could you evaluate their own worth? 1 bitcoin for each exactly what pounds associated with precious metal?
Activity: 171
Merit: 0
August 22, 2018, 10:09:28 PM
The big difference in the volume of the OTC gold market and the volume of Bitcoin has proven that the mainstream has begun to acknowledge and accept Bitcoin as a flagship store of value and means of exchange, Its turn against gold, such as the possibility of fungal infection, liquidity and transportability.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
August 22, 2018, 06:40:04 PM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.

I don't like the idea of comparing gold and bitcoin, because they are absolutely different to each other. But if the price is about to be discussed, there's no doubt that bitcoin can really surpass of gold price in the market and in fact, its already happened last year.

I don't know why so many people compare bitcoin with gold. Gold can have some practical value and bitcoin is only considered as currency.
You are right because gold has no resemblance with bitcoin only that gold bitcoin both has been using as investment, but I think the best choice for all of us is bitcoin it has brighter future it gives more profit than anything else, it is modern age and we need to have modern things in our life, so if we want to get rid of old system use new technologies and new investments.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 22, 2018, 12:30:07 PM
can bitcoin in the future surpass gold?
I think no because Bitcoin very different with Gold. I remember, i have read the article about Gold and Bitcoin. And the most obvious difference is Bitcoin have created by computer and software, even need internet connection. But the gold, come on mate i know you're know about this, yes GOLD Is a Natural Resource. (uhh i hope people not compare about it)
Once again, about the price, Bitcoin very spekulative but the GOLD very stable, so in the future? I believe GOLD still exist, but Bitcoin i doubt it. Technology growing rapidly and maybe in the future there will be technology that replaces BITCOIN, And GOLD? it's not affect it.
Of course we can compare it, since both of them are money they have a lot of stuff in common, the reason the price of gold is more stable has to do with many circumstances, first of all gold has been used as money for thousands of years so people understand what it is and how it works, and second the price of gold will be a lot more unstable if the government was not suppressing its price.
Activity: 854
August 22, 2018, 11:59:10 AM
Why do you want to compare two entities which have nothing in common? Bitcoin and gold can only serve as a substitute for each other in terms of investment. Besides that I think there is a great variety between them. Compare gold to other precious metals and compare bitcoin to other crypto currencies.
Activity: 123
Merit: 3
August 21, 2018, 04:36:45 PM
If youre talking about surpassing gold in price per oz. then yes right now btc has surpassed gold bc btc weighs .000000000000 oz Cheesy

And I think at some point the demand for btc/crypto will be much higher than the demand for gold so I firmly believe that btc will surpass gold I think it probably already has as a form of investment. There is not a single investment on this planet where you can get the same gains as the crypto market Smiley

Now use case that is a different story btc has 2 uses investment and trading in exchange for goods/services gold has hundreds of uses Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
August 21, 2018, 03:03:37 PM
bitcoin can't be compared to gold, because gold and bitcoin are different, gold can be called a precious metal and physical form while bitcoin is only a tool for payment and can also be made an investment, I prefer both as my future investment

As the real comparison of bitcoin and gold is actually a old topic once in the 2017 this discussion was there in the market. If you really want to read some at February 2017.
Bitcoin passes one ounce of gold cost per bitcoin.
From that time to now there are plenty of growth in the market and price wise also cryotomarket changed well in positive.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 21, 2018, 09:22:57 AM
I also hope that Bitcoin can land on the moon and become a substitute for gold, but due to the decentralization mechanism of Bitcoin, many countries will not accept it! Because this will make them lose control of the economy!
I do not think that bitcoin is here to surpass gold or any other currency, bitcoin is created as online currency, and I think that now people are already using bitcoin for buying and selling purposes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
August 21, 2018, 08:17:58 AM
All are still in the process of recognition among many people, especially in the economic/financial world. Although it is uncertain because there are still some weaknesses that make many people doubt it, but anyhow the world is different now and will be more in a crowd of new things related to the future like cryptocurrency. Regarding surpass the gold, of course it still can, even more prioritized than gold.
Needless to say about the future. It is still better than gold and is well received by many. The value of gold today is only to show the decoration. Gold is the jewelery that people use every day. It does not have to be good to pay as bitcoin and bitcoin than gold is a sure thing.
Activity: 392
August 21, 2018, 06:59:15 AM
bitcoin can't be compared to gold, because gold and bitcoin are different, gold can be called a precious metal and physical form while bitcoin is only a tool for payment and can also be made an investment, I prefer both as my future investment
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
August 21, 2018, 05:08:13 AM
All are still in the process of recognition among many people, especially in the economic/financial world. Although it is uncertain because there are still some weaknesses that make many people doubt it, but anyhow the world is different now and will be more in a crowd of new things related to the future like cryptocurrency. Regarding surpass the gold, of course it still can, even more prioritized than gold.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 21, 2018, 04:24:19 AM
Bitcoin and gold can be compared by certain criteria, but I do not know what should happen to beatcoin outstripped gold. Gold is the most reliable investment of money. This is a metal, which, as an investment, is many times better than a crypto currency. And if it were not for the excitement in the past year, bitcoin would hardly have risen so much.
Activity: 39
August 20, 2018, 06:10:03 AM
It is not possible for the bitcoins to surpass the gold as they are both different.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 20, 2018, 04:33:14 AM
No it can’t and my reason for saying that is because the use for Bitcoin is limited. When we talk about Bitcoin what mainly comes to our mind is making transactions and making investments. But when we talk about Gold there are lots of things that comes to our mind and that includes investment, except for transaction unless you mean exchanging for something. There are many other things Gold can be used for and it does contribute to our lives sometimes, so it’s not something that can ever be forgotten or neglected.
If you are more specific about bitcoin's limited supply then you need to understand the capability of "infinitely divisible feature of electronic formats". Yes, one bitcoin may have infinite number of units which means how one bitcoin can have any value similarly it may have any any number of units which are representing still the bitcoin but in different yet according value. I believe I am clear to how bitcoin is capable of surpassing anything.

Bitcoin can have any price levels due to its volatility and demand levels. It can even reach a price that is way much higher than the marketcap of gold, but when it comes to value, Gold will always have more preferred by people than bitcoin no matter what. Despite Bitcoin’s volatile nature it’s still going to take a very long time before it can get pass the Gold.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
August 20, 2018, 02:04:25 AM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.
No it can’t and my reason for saying that is because the use for Bitcoin is limited. When we talk about Bitcoin what mainly comes to our mind is making transactions and making investments. But when we talk about Gold there are lots of things that comes to our mind and that includes investment, except for transaction unless you mean exchanging for something. There are many other things Gold can be used for and it does contribute to our lives sometimes, so it’s not something that can ever be forgotten or neglected.
Activity: 58
August 19, 2018, 01:30:04 PM
I believe Bitcoin has very great potential of growing on the global trade market. But then, i do not see how appropriate it is to compare Bitcoin to Gold in value, let alone talk about Bitcoin surpassing Gold. There is no way this will ever happen.
Activity: 21
August 19, 2018, 12:17:44 PM
I believe that bitcoin will be the currency of the future, such an ancestry is no joke!  Cool
Activity: 154
August 19, 2018, 10:33:12 AM
both gold and bitcoin will growth, who knows the future.
but i believe the crpytocurrency will grow faster than any investment product.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 29
'Free as a bird'
August 19, 2018, 10:27:10 AM
can bitcoin in the future surpass gold?
I think no because Bitcoin very different with Gold. I remember, i have read the article about Gold and Bitcoin. And the most obvious difference is Bitcoin have created by computer and software, even need internet connection. But the gold, come on mate i know you're know about this, yes GOLD Is a Natural Resource. (uhh i hope people not compare about it)
Once again, about the price, Bitcoin very spekulative but the GOLD very stable, so in the future? I believe GOLD still exist, but Bitcoin i doubt it. Technology growing rapidly and maybe in the future there will be technology that replaces BITCOIN, And GOLD? it's not affect it.
Pages:
Jump to: