Pages:
Author

Topic: can bitcoin in the future surpass gold? - page 23. (Read 18456 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
August 09, 2018, 01:42:38 AM
actually it is very difficult to compare the two because it is two different things that only have the same goal, namely investment, in terms of the present value of bitcoin is much higher compared to gold but in terms of security and the level of risk of gold loss is much smaller the level of risk .
copper member
Activity: 226
Merit: 1
August 08, 2018, 05:57:28 PM
Bitcoin has to be atleast worth over 50, 000 usd and at a stable rate to be considered the future commodity to replace gold
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 08, 2018, 05:36:47 PM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.
Bitcoin is being underestimated I will agree on that but gold is being underestimated as well, the huge market cap of gold is in fact being suppressed right now and if there is a problem in the economy it is likely the price of gold will skyrocket as well, after all almost everyone in the world knows that gold is valuable but very few know about bitcoin.
Activity: 98
August 08, 2018, 01:24:15 PM
I believe that bitcoin is underestimated, I do not claim that it should only grow! But I'm sure that the future is for him! crypto currency in general, and bitcoin in particular - this is digital gold, many people still do not understand this. I'm sure that in ten years it will be so.
The question here is not whether and when he will do it.Now is the era of the Internet, the technology of the future is not far off.When we replace all the electronic organs and will repair themselves for bitcoin (it's all a joke of course but who knows) of course bitcoin will not replace gold,but it will be better as an asset .
Activity: 21
August 08, 2018, 12:02:53 PM
Stop comparing bitcoin and gold both were different things and why not both can stay in the future? Bitcoin is already the most valued currency of the world but it don't have physical structure whereas the gold is metal and it is considered as the most safest investment so we can't compare them anyways.

Digital gold currency exists as well, you buy some and get a digital certificate proving the ownership. There are just a few issuers since a lot of people considered it as a high-yield investment program and a decade ago fraudulent schemes were really using it and some sprang up and disappeared after some time, people lost millions of dollars in.

But I do agree Gold shouldn't be compared to Bitcoin because both are different investments types

Talking about investments, I think gold and Bitcoin are perfect assets to combine in a anti inflation and crisis resistant portfolio. Gold can be seen as the stable asset while Bitcoin has a way bigger potential, but also more risk.
Your reason for investing could use to be insurance-based to protect your money. In which case, the answer is to diversify. If one fails, others will still have a fighting chance to keep you afloat. All of these have pros and cons, weigh them out, and see what is best for you to protect yourself. I think each have strengths that are valuable and purposeful in such an event.
Furthermore, both could benefit from upcoming global unrest and recession.

Yeah they do serve as good balancers to each other. The thing I don't like about gold is how easily manipulated it is by big investors. Banks don't even print paper when money comes into it. They just put it into their pockets and loan it out to other customers for a huge profit.

Physical gold can be quite useful, but it's not exactly practical to have in large amounts. A good portfolio would have a combination of both physical and paper. Bitcoin is more adaptable and able to be used in a variety of situations.
Activity: 26
August 08, 2018, 11:04:01 AM
Hasn't bitcoin surpassed gold in the past? So it may or may not surpass gold in the future. Gold is currently more reliable and I believe it's fluctuations are far less extreme than other investments including bitcoin.
Activity: 50
August 08, 2018, 08:57:12 AM
I think that bitcoin and gold now belong to two different things. When Bitcoin is used in commercial hype and whale control, it will be farther away from gold!
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
August 08, 2018, 08:07:23 AM
An interesting conclusion of the author of the topic. Can you name one reason for this? And another question. Did not bitcoin overtake gold?
August 08, 2018, 02:20:35 AM
Stop comparing bitcoin and gold both were different things and why not both can stay in the future? Bitcoin is already the most valued currency of the world but it don't have physical structure whereas the gold is metal and it is considered as the most safest investment so we can't compare them anyways.

Digital gold currency exists as well, you buy some and get a digital certificate proving the ownership. There are just a few issuers since a lot of people considered it as a high-yield investment program and a decade ago fraudulent schemes were really using it and some sprang up and disappeared after some time, people lost millions of dollars in.

But I do agree Gold shouldn't be compared to Bitcoin because both are different investments types

Talking about investments, I think gold and Bitcoin are perfect assets to combine in a anti inflation and crisis resistant portfolio. Gold can be seen as the stable asset while Bitcoin has a way bigger potential, but also more risk.
Your reason for investing could use to be insurance-based to protect your money. In which case, the answer is to diversify. If one fails, others will still have a fighting chance to keep you afloat. All of these have pros and cons, weigh them out, and see what is best for you to protect yourself. I think each have strengths that are valuable and purposeful in such an event.
Furthermore, both could benefit from upcoming global unrest and recession.
August 08, 2018, 02:01:43 AM
 The fact that "Bitcoin can surpass Gold" is even being considered is already huge in my opinion, a few years ago this would be unimaginable. This proves that Bitcoin is heavily outperforming expectation and although most alt pumpers say that Bitcoin is broken, it is the only crypto that is a potential candidate for a challenge like this.

Gold is the preferable store of value for ages and this will probably remain to be the case. However, since Bitcoin has better features and will be way more accessible especially for younger generations. I think we can't wait to unravel the future.
Also, use cases of Bitcoin are more diverse, it is easier to handle and more accessible, there is a big chance that younger people will prefer Bitcoin and thus own more of it.
This is our generation remember!!

But, aside all the hopes and optimism around Bitcoin, It will just be Nice and more beneficial to be in a generation where Gold and Bitcoin are big Financial assets.
Activity: 322
August 07, 2018, 12:11:48 PM
No, I do not think so, bitcoin is only an intangible asset and gold is a tangible asset
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
August 07, 2018, 09:54:16 AM
yes of course that can happen and I'm sure it's very easy because the condition of bitcoin which has a very limited total supply can of course make the volume and price of bitcoin beat gold.
Activity: 371
Merit: 100
August 06, 2018, 04:44:58 PM

doesn't Bitcoin already surpassed GOLD?
Bitcoin is being manipulated by many government and elites.
they store gold to go up and sell it in public.
what i hate with gold is there is no way you can buy directly.
it always gone through many hands that is why it is expensive.
unlike bitcoin can easy be sell and buy.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 06, 2018, 04:13:45 PM
We dont really have the right or accurate answer to that as bitcoin is so vulnerable and we dont have the prediction to it, but if the demand would go high then that would be possible as bitcoin has very limited supply just like gold but I think we dont have really right to answer this cause gold is a very limited material such as bitcoin also, but if we really take a step in implementing bitcoin all over the world that will make the statement "Bitcoin can surpass Gold" into reality, but as of now its all speculation. Just invest on the things you think worth the risk.
I believe that in the future when the cryptocurrency market can enter its orbit, it is possible for Bitcoin to overtake gold and become a very valuable asset. With very little current and rising demand over the years, I believe the value of Bitcoin exchange will continue to increase over time.
Activity: 82
August 06, 2018, 01:58:17 PM
I personally think bitcoin in the future surpass gold. I also think bitcoin's price will increase rapidly.Now a days bitcoin is like gold
Activity: 462
Merit: 17
August 06, 2018, 09:18:25 AM
Bitcoin has already surpassed gold. And indeed Bitcoin is still underestimated by many people.
Activity: 90
August 06, 2018, 08:47:09 AM
We dont really have the right or accurate answer to that as bitcoin is so vulnerable and we dont have the prediction to it, but if the demand would go high then that would be possible as bitcoin has very limited supply just like gold but I think we dont have really right to answer this cause gold is a very limited material such as bitcoin also, but if we really take a step in implementing bitcoin all over the world that will make the statement "Bitcoin can surpass Gold" into reality, but as of now its all speculation. Just invest on the things you think worth the risk.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1
August 06, 2018, 06:38:40 AM
Yes i suggest bitcoin is my future for next crypto market. I have more bitcoin for hold in future so i really love crypto market because market will down the market depend on crypto market. Crypto is the best for our life. Bitcoin is the one kinds of mother currency of ctypto market.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256
August 06, 2018, 05:42:33 AM
A lot of people see Gold only as a precious metal with a high value and think it is only for investing in.
Gold has so many other uses, Jewellery, Medical applications, Electronic applications, Aerospace industry,
Art applications, and is even used in the drinks industry.

Bitcoin on the other hand is something which doesent have a physical form and is used as a payment
system and as a means of investing. It is highly volatile so using it to store wealth like Gold investing
is risky business.

They shouldnt be seen as one or the other, instead should be both considered as complimentary
'investments' side by side together.
copper member
Activity: 560
August 05, 2018, 07:03:33 PM
I agree with you on the near future bitcoin price will rise and surpass gold price
Maybe if no fud spread anymore next year we will see that happen
Pages:
Jump to: