Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Cryptocurrency Stand Without Bitcoin? - page 7. (Read 2269 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
Bitcoin is a very influential coin in the world of cryptocurency, so I think cryptocurency without bitcoin might not function as it is now and is very popular.
Actually Blockchain technology is the most influential behind the creation of bitcoin so cryptocurency can be popular until now.

I believe cryptocurrencies can still be able to stand without bitcoin around but i think it's kind of a hard situation for crypto people especially that they're already used to it and always look into it whenever there is a change in cryptomarket's status.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
The crypto world must definitely shake without the existence if Bitcoin because it is the father of all altcoin
How can an infant stands without it's parent to tender for it. It is just the same thing with the Bitcoin and other coins
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
this is impossible. Because some of altcoin now is base on bitcoin. You can't buy until you have bitcoin first. for me no one can replace bitcoin. Also it is impossible that no one support bitcoin.  All of us support bitcoin Smiley.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Currently, the number of bitcoins has not been fully exploited, Altcoin is growing stronger while the bitcoin value is decreasing, maybe in the future bitcoin is no longer the # 1 position on the coinmarketcap. Cryptocurrency can stand firm without the need for Bitcoin.
Activity: 280
the beginning of the first crypto is the bitcoin observed by means of altcoin. at this factor the base of all altcoin is bitcoin, so when bitcoin dies then altcoin dies. so in my opinion cryptocurrency can now not be besides bitcoin.
Activity: 421
Bitcoin is like a pillar to all cryptocurrencies, crypto can't stand without bitcoin. Bitcoin is the most popular and most expensive among all crypto currencies. It is the basis of all the altcoins, it won't replace by other coin easily.
Activity: 308
Might be, but not now. May be in a 30 years, because now soooo much people have invested in bitcoin and there are not more strong crypto for nowadays. Everything in developing now
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is popular because it is considered a more stable crypto currency, although its technology currently lags far behind the rest of the crypto currency.
Activity: 476
I believe it can. I don't think that Bitcoin is the foundation on which cryptocurrency stands. There are a lot of other currencies that can support the crypto system even without Bitcoin. The end of Bitcoin does not mean the end of crypto.
Activity: 67
I'm sure other altcoins will survive if bitcoin dies, and imagine that bitcoin is dead I'm not so sure. the community is developing and bitcoin is getting better and stronger and it's impossible to feel bitcoin to death.
Activity: 105
Merit: 1
Why bitcoin? , because it came first and without the advent of bitcoin and the blockchain technology, alts wouldn't have existed. As for alts overtaking bitcoin, maybe later and not any time soon because bitcoin is too popular and we'll funded to ever be over thrown easily. Just look at the market dominance of bitcoin. There's your proof.
Activity: 116
I really don't think bitcoin is useless. Bitcoin is the father of all cryptocurrencies and if you have noticed, its rise and fall affect other cryptocurrencies. In another way round, bitcoin is to altcoins what US Dollar was to other currencies when it was adopted as an exchange unit of measurement.
Activity: 476
I mean Why bitcoin? Why waste huge energy in mining. As everyone know bitcoin is useless in terms
of usability.
My question to bitcointalk users :

Is this possible that any altcoin become no 1 on coinmarketcap and bitcoin disappeare

I think this can be possible, what you think so comment below...

I believe that some community are pushing ETh to be on the top and remove bitcoin from the throne. I think it will happen in the near future because people that supports bitcoin has a different idea on how it they want it to be but with ETH, only one person can decide its fate and that is Vitalik.
Activity: 658
not all crypto currencies make bitcoin a reference, I disagree with OP, I am sure that other altcoins will survive if bitcoin dies, and to imagine that bitcoin is dead I am not very sure. the community is growing and bitcoin is getting better and stronger
Activity: 616
It will be a question mark because you can see for yourself all other types of Altcoin depending on the current price of Bitcoin.
Activity: 616
bitcoin is the biggest cryptocurrency right now, I think if the bitcoin disappear there are the new coin that will use the bitcoin place before and be the biggest cryptocurrencies, but what coin? I don't know, if there are not big cryptocurrencies i think the price of other cryptocurrencies will collapse
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Bitcoin is a very influential coin in the world of cryptocurency, so I think cryptocurency without bitcoin might not function as it is now and is very popular.
Actually Blockchain technology is the most influential behind the creation of bitcoin so cryptocurency can be popular until now.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Of course, crypto can stand without bitcoin! The structure and design of a cryptocurrency has already been established, and will only get better in time. This means, whether bitcoin remains on top or not, other cryptocurrencies can still flourish.
Activity: 305
It is hard to believe and to live in a world with a latest technology,  a crypto currency without bitcoin because bitcoin was the first digital currency and the king of crypto.
Activity: 112
It will not be easy for cryptocurrency to stand without Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always remain as a point of reference in the crypto space. Without it, things may collapse or fall apart.
Bitcoin will always remain number 1 for that reason and also as a store of value, As for payment, bitcoinmay relinquish that position to other smaller coins which are more efficient
Pages:
Jump to: