Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 11. (Read 1957 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
April 03, 2018, 09:46:47 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
I hope its not because if bitcoin will kill by government how about other people who will used bitcoin to buy their needs and foods. Because government cant give the job for the other people so they used bitcoin to sustain their daily needs.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
April 03, 2018, 09:38:06 PM
Yes they can. They have the ability to stop bitcoin. Just like what happened to other countries were bitcoin was banned, the bitcoin users doesn't have a choice but to just let go of their coin or they will lose it. Imagine if all the countries banned bitcoin. We have no other choice but to follow the government. It will be a hard task for them but they can do it. China has done it already.
Activity: 280
Merit: 39
Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure
April 03, 2018, 09:34:17 PM
it is impossible for the government to kill the use bitcoin because there are so many people and community that protects it from people that are trying to kill the bitcoin and like these pas day they only spread fud news and other stuff to scare people but the fact that the bitcoin community is strong and getting stronger than ever before.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
April 03, 2018, 09:09:26 PM
The recent days hard regulations into implementation were to eliminate the usage of bitcoin from different levels. This is an impossible task, because even after hard opposition it has got more support from institutional levels making it grow forward and spread the good associated with it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 03, 2018, 09:05:41 PM
Yes government can kill bitcoin. But in my own opinion they did not replace it on other cryptocurrency. Like in Phillipines I think our government cannot afford to have another own cryptocurrency and if Philippine government kill bitcoin the main reason of this criminality because I read some news that many of netizen are being a victim of investment scam that use the name of bitcoin. And other reason is bitcoin can affect the flow of money in the country. And I think other country kill bitcoin on other reason not to replace it on other cryptocurrency because their value their own currency as a trademark of their country.
Activity: 238
April 03, 2018, 12:56:53 PM
As for the business itself, a significant part of our life is in the hands of the top leaders. they can be at the government of the century.

Activity: 374
April 03, 2018, 12:54:07 PM
I think governments can not kill bitcoin or cryptocurrency at all , but they could make a lot of problems for bitcoin and for cryptocurrency also with bad regulations , ban cryptocurrency at all or big taxes and etc.
ukw
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
April 03, 2018, 12:48:52 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

This is quite possible and in general the most likely scenarios for the future. When a country comes to accept some crypto currency for its official currency, I am 100% convinced that it will not be a BTC, but it will be one created by the government.  Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
Bitcoin is a famously dececentralized cryptocurrency, I think the government can  stop or kill bitcoin like China.but is was so difficult. because many people against government decisions if they try to kill bitcoin operation
Activity: 77
April 03, 2018, 12:40:08 PM
No, it can not be done, but it can not be eliminated. In big countries such as Russia, America, business from Bitcoin has started to be made, which makes its digital currency, but I believe that bitcoin will not be able to stop the currency because bitcoin is already owned and Spreads around the world
Activity: 45
April 03, 2018, 12:31:24 PM
NO because Bitcoin not under any government its digital currency and many government support Bitcoin, then you can say never.
Activity: 156
April 03, 2018, 12:26:09 PM
I think government support is actually very important in crypto world. But without government support, bitcoins still able to survive. All the years back then, bitcoin can survive, i think now and future also can.
Activity: 329
The Exchange for EOS Community
April 03, 2018, 11:58:19 AM
no one can kill bitcoin, now bitcoin price is down but in my opinion this is only temporary, now is the best time to buy bitcoin and altcoin because the price is going down, and my estimate in mid year the price will go up
Activity: 25
April 03, 2018, 11:48:39 AM
No, the best bitcoin to date is because many countries are receiving bitcoin other than the US government because of the security in transactions and the very low cost so that the level of trust of the world people prefer bitcoin.
Activity: 239
April 03, 2018, 11:43:43 AM
Yes governments can kill btc. Government are the one who is responsible in all the happenings in our society and in our community. Government can remove any sort of illegality and illegitimate transactions, connections and other works and actions that big people does. Many illegalities are made because they use digital money and btc or cryptocurrency is involved in those crimes so i conclude that government can really kill btc.
Activity: 238
April 03, 2018, 09:20:28 AM
On the business itself, a very significant part of our life is played by the government and they can literally forbid everything, not to mention the fact that even though there is democracy, it is suggested to our eyes that they are blind.

Activity: 258
April 03, 2018, 09:06:04 AM
If the BTC can be killed, BTC would have been destroyed a few years ago. Instead, I think BTC can exist for decades.

Activity: 686
April 03, 2018, 09:01:12 AM
If a government is not allowed to play Bitcoin or invest in it it seems like it could happen and make Bitcoin a less functional one in that country.
Activity: 237
April 03, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

I dont think so but  government can kill bitcoin maybe someday because in other country they ban bitcoin. But all i need to do is enjoy using bitcoin and just Ignored it.
Activity: 378
April 03, 2018, 08:54:19 AM

For me government can't kill or ban bitcoin becausw there are so many people who make their life better because of it. All of the users or worker here don't let anyone to destroy it because we all know that many people being helped by it
Pages:
Jump to: