Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 12. (Read 1957 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 0
April 03, 2018, 08:49:32 AM
If the government wants to end the existence of Bitcoin, the government must hold and manage it. But as far as I know, this is something the government can not do. Bitcoin will be very difficult, if all countries simultaneously do not accept it. But I do not think so. Bitcoin in particular and Cyptocurrency is an indispensable trend. Too hard to stop Bitcoin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
April 03, 2018, 08:47:07 AM
I think in future all governments will move to crypto so its not killing but they will be part of crypto. So we will need to adapt with time too .
Yes, there are very few reasons for governments to kill Bitcoin. As the popularity of Bitcoin has diminished, the power of banks has increased. Governments and banks are in a close relationship. That's why there are now problems with Bitcoin's freedom.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
April 03, 2018, 08:45:04 AM
I think the government can only prohibit its people, not to play Bitcoin. but the government can not just kill Bitcoin, because bitcoin comes with the internet, as long as there are internet people will find a way to access Bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
April 03, 2018, 08:44:00 AM
Of course the government has the power to do so. But I think this will not do the Government because bitcoins help people especially those who are poor like me. I wonder if this could be the reason for controlling its price as in China where many people have been losing due to wrong information they are receiving

of course not. governments cant kill bitcoin because bitcoin is not the same as fiats that they can controll easily. bitcoin is a decentralize currency and it was built online. that simply means it cannot be modified or damaged by anyone even the greatest hackers. governments can only block websites and ban the exchanges offline but not all countries restricts bitcoin. majority of countries are still operating bitcoin , so i guess bitcoin can still developed because many people use it for their daily lifestyle.
Activity: 140
April 03, 2018, 08:39:38 AM
I think in future all governments will move to crypto so its not killing but they will be part of crypto. So we will need to adapt with time too .
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
April 03, 2018, 08:38:58 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?
In my own personal opinion, it depends because there are now a lot of countries started making bitcoin legal to them so there are low chances that they could kill bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. But i think the government could run bitcoin if or take over of it, which i would disagree because the government would put a tax and stary corrupting it, so i will not earn the same amount of bitcoin ever again.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
April 03, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
Of course the government has the power to do so. But I think this will not do the Government because bitcoins help people especially those who are poor like me. I wonder if this could be the reason for controlling its price as in China where many people have been losing due to wrong information they are receiving
Activity: 245
Merit: 10
The Future Of Work
April 03, 2018, 08:22:28 AM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

I think they can since government can regulate how people will be able to convert bitcoin to extent that it can be used in their nation. If they ban bitcoin then it will greatly affect a huge amount of investors thus affecting the market, though of course they would have a hard time regulating bitcoin users but it will surely hit hard the market.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
April 03, 2018, 07:52:06 AM
Everything is possible and yes governments can kill bitcoin if they thinks bitcoin does not evolve these financial status
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
April 03, 2018, 07:22:39 AM

Yes, they can if they will not accept bitcoin in their countries. It is always depend on their governing rules and policies about digital currency usage in their countries.
Activity: 218
April 03, 2018, 07:00:49 AM

I think government can do whatever thay want even killing bitcoin or drag it down because government can make a law or policy that bitcoin will not be used to their country, because if something will be threat to a government they can put down just by giving order or to make a law just to put it down.
Activity: 120
April 03, 2018, 04:19:37 AM
It could be that the government kills bitcoin and creates a new currency. But the new currency will certainly not be the same as bitcoin, in terms of functions and benefits will be different. Not necessarily can benefit users such as bitcoin provides a huge advantage to users. The interest of people who will join is also different, the number of people interested in the new currency is not necessarily as much the interest of people who want to join on bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 34
April 03, 2018, 04:03:51 AM
Bitcoin is designed to be anonymous and stateless means no government can control it.  It is famously decentralized so everyone in all over the world can use it and could send it anywhere without the middle man or regulatory body giving it the go-ahead. For me personally, i believe it is impossible for them to kill it.
Activity: 504
April 03, 2018, 03:34:02 AM
The government will never be able to kill bitcoin because they do not have control over it but people can just kill bitcoin without investing in it and it's going to crash.
Activity: 126
April 03, 2018, 03:26:32 AM
I think government can't kill easily the bitcoin because it is decentralized and no one controls it. It can operate without the government or bank oversight.  Some countries also like from where i came from, made bitcoin legal.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
April 03, 2018, 03:12:55 AM
the government can not kill the bitcoin because people control it so and not the goverment controls it so they can not kill bitcoin ever.

There's no chance that government can kill bitcoin because no one is holding or controlling it. They cannot turned down the internet too because a lot of people will get angry to them. But not accepting bitcoin is there last chance to stop it because not allowing bitcoin in any country means that it has no value at all because it's useless.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
April 03, 2018, 03:04:34 AM
I think government has the power to control but not to kill bitcoin at all, in fact we hear some news that government are warning people about investing in bitcoin and some other negative comments about bitcoin. Since it is already widespread all over the world and lot of people are engage with it, and lot of people are relying especially those who are unemployed because they got an earning through bitcoin so we can say that government cannot directly kill or stop bitcoin because of the people.
Activity: 144
April 03, 2018, 01:29:51 AM
the government can not kill the bitcoin because people control it so and not the goverment controls it so they can not kill bitcoin ever.
Activity: 405
Merit: 251
April 03, 2018, 01:26:59 AM
I think that a government with a lot of power can seriously damage Bitcoin obstructing its distribution and persecuting those who use it.The way they do it. Of course, a government ban can push people to go away from bitcoin, perhaps they can dump the price with their laws against btc, But definitly not kill it
Activity: 350
April 03, 2018, 01:20:28 AM

Yes governments can really rid of cryptocurrency out of their country but just like china, there will be a lot of complains that will keep on coming on the government each day and they will still allow ico's to run on their country just like japan is doing right now on cryptocurrency, they are using bitcoins ti improve their own economy.

Yes I think government can do that they can kill bitcoin in their country just like what other countries do with bitcoin, because some counties like china is now doing that.
Pages:
Jump to: