Pages:
Author

Topic: Can Governments Kill Bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 1956 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
April 11, 2018, 08:00:01 AM
I'm interested in this topic. Well, I'm also curious how they can kill the bitcoin that has been spreading around the world. Maybe they can create their own cryptocurrency and force the societies to stop using or involved in bitcoin. But, it cannot make the bitcoin killed when there are still many people around the world involved and investing in bitcoin. They may influence the price or existence, but, to kill the bitcoin, it is difficult and it really needs a big effort from them. Because now, more people support the bitcoin and use it for valuable things.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 322
April 11, 2018, 06:35:05 AM
Governments can NEVER kill btc.
Even if Government are the one who is responsible in all the happenings in our society and in our community and can remove any sort of illegality and illegitimate transactions, connections and other works and actions that big people does, but Bitcoin is not among them.
Bitcoin is decentralized!
Bitcoin is decentralized and can not be killed as it has shown that surviving in such situations when you start from scratch is very hard ad Bitcoin has gone through that situations now the time is very good and favourable. If Bitcoin has survived in that situations the today killing Bitcoin is impossible for Governments but possible for people. You must be thinking that why people will kill it but can not because Bitcoin is the well and wish of people so it is impossible and not an important question to ask.

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
April 10, 2018, 03:48:14 PM
Just curious, what is the most crypto-friendly country at the moment? In terms of cryptocurreny, of course
Activity: 232
April 10, 2018, 03:32:14 PM
naah! never! government cant kill bitcoin but they are trying best, they will not successful.
Old government very afraid from btc. banks also in danger because use of btc increasing day by day, banks will be destroy if btc unban from the all countries.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 03:01:22 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

I think really that many governments in different countries dreams about the possibility to put cryptocurrencies under their control. But as we know it is almost impossible to do at least for now.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 02:52:56 PM
Hello everyone, a good question, in Russia they are trying to prohibit the use of crypto currencies. I do not know what it will lead to
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
April 10, 2018, 02:43:25 PM
The latest news is that the US government is look closely at Bitcoin. A number of governments such as Russia and China are also planning to issue their own digital currencies. They clearly see a financial threat from Bitcoin.

What do you think? Can governments kill Bitcoin and replace it with their own digital/crypto currency?

I don't think that they will implement such coins real soon. To be honest the current crypto market itself is struggling a lot since many years to get into the nationwide payment structure. That was it's one of the principle when it was created in the first place. I mean they tried to make it secure and anonymous and for the peer to peer transaction.

Now you are saying that government wants to create their own crypto currencies, but I ask why is that so? Why make more mess if they already have fiat to look after? That's just meaningless gesture in anyway and it's not gonna be worth it.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
April 10, 2018, 02:25:00 PM

Even if they try , they will not succeed. They can have their own cryptocurrency but bitcoin will remain.  People are supporting bitcoin and for as long as there is cryptocurrency there will always be a bitcoin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
April 10, 2018, 01:18:45 PM
If necessary, governments can do anything. However, they need multilateral solution of G20 at least, to try to significantly damage  Bitcoin. Now such a scenario would be unlikely. I believe that governments will try to benefit from Bitcoin to varying degrees.
Activity: 89
April 10, 2018, 01:08:13 PM

A potential threat is always an enemy of the state. If they cannot find a way to regularized or control bitcoin then it is a big possibility. And i think the present attact of bitcoin is their doing.
Activity: 111
April 10, 2018, 01:04:52 PM

Bitcoin is a big  financial threat. But they know how effective and relevant it is in the present times. They for sure look for a way to control it if they cant yes it is very possible that they will destroy something that they cannot take control.
Activity: 392
Merit: 106
April 10, 2018, 12:58:02 PM
yes government can kill bitcoin but not alone.if government wants to kill bitcoin then first of all government has to made aware general people.next they have to banned bitcoin in their own country.at last they have to made a strict law against bitcoin.thus government can be able to kill bitcoin.but i don't think that it will be implemented in a short time.
Activity: 192
April 10, 2018, 12:27:50 PM
That might happen, because bitcoin can be a threat to each country and can change the currency in every country. But bitcoin is still a developmental stage so now it can not happen.
Activity: 228
April 10, 2018, 12:16:35 PM
I think they can restrict and pinch the bitcoin and crypto market. However, that will not prevent bitcoin from working and evolving. It is difficult to control whether users or investors can transfer money or pay for goods. I totally do not expect that to happen with bitcoin and cryptographic markets.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
April 10, 2018, 09:43:19 AM

I think they can't kill bitcoins but most likely, they can ban bitcoins. They'll probably ban it and replace it with their own currency so as to remove competition and possible financial instability in the country. They can also ban exchanges to prevent bitcoin movement in the country.
Activity: 162
April 10, 2018, 09:40:00 AM
Government connot kill bitcoin, however they can stop there countrymen to use bitcoin. Example of that was the country of China, the government of China totally banned the uses of bitcoin.
Activity: 167
April 10, 2018, 09:34:00 AM
Bitcoin runs on the blockchain platform. This is a great security technology application. So I think instead of killing it, why not develop it? And even if the government does kill, I think it will not be destroyed.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
April 10, 2018, 09:29:58 AM
Governments can NEVER kill btc.
Even if Government are the one who is responsible in all the happenings in our society and in our community and can remove any sort of illegality and illegitimate transactions, connections and other works and actions that big people does, but Bitcoin is not among them.
Bitcoin is decentralized!
Activity: 196
April 10, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
The government may limit the development of Bitcoin, but believe that the government cannot stop Bitcoin. The development of Bitcoin itself is not controlled by any organization.
I agree with this, Bitcoin cannot be controlled by a Government as long as there is a big demands and enough supply Bitcoin will go on and continue to rule in digital currency.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2018, 09:21:45 AM
I do not think so. bitcoin will always remain in use, but it may have a bad effect on bitcoin, as the price decreases, and the quality will be bad. I think if that happens, only anonymous investors will remain.
Pages:
Jump to: