Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet? - page 5. (Read 4922 times)

Activity: 746
Merit: 10
https://axiomapay.com/
don't care about those worthless tokens my advice is to leave them in your wallet. especially if you want to send / move coins to another wallet, you will only spend gasoline doing so. Just use a new wallet if the token bothers you.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
My advice is to separate the tokens instead of sending them away, dead coins or tokens do come back some times, yes it's very possible, just create a separate wallet to store junk tokens and continue living your life, sometimes the unexpected always happen and crypto space is full of the unexpected.
Activity: 224
Merit: 28
Don't delete useless tokens from your wallet because they might come back to life some days, I've experienced something like that more than three times already, if the tokens are annoying you create a separate Ethereum wallet for the tokens and move them from your secondary wallet to the new wallet.
copper member
Activity: 1120
Merit: 2
It can be done, however.But I think it would be foolish to do so.Because the fee for it will be much higher.As such, I think it's better not to do it if the fee is high. If there is no fee then it can be done.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 315
www.Artemis.co
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Create a new wallet, and send all shitcoins in that wallet, if you don't want to retrieve it, and for memory, then throw away the private key, so you can't access the wallet. If one day the price increases again, then history proves that there are coins in the wallet that cannot be taken by everyone. And this also happened to Bitcoin when the Bitcoin price was $ 0,xxx.
That is not a good idea,

There is no need to spend transaction fees just to remove all those useless tokens, just let it be in the wallet and just do nothing. Also, transferring it will just cost you more than you have imagine, transaction fees nowadays is higher than usual due to the increase in price of eth.
Activity: 798
The best way to deal with dead shitcoins is to simply ignore them
It makes absolutely no sense to say you want to send them out of your wallet, because aside from the fact that  these coins have absolutely no value, it will cost you money to send them out which is just wrong for you to do.
Ignore your shitcoins and focus on the ones that have actual value.

Agree, better ignored than we send it to another wallet. Ethereum fees are currently high and I think it is better to save ethereum than use our ethereum to transact on worthless tokens. I also have a lot of worthless tokens in my ethereum wallet and I better ignore them
Activity: 375
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Create a new wallet, and send all shitcoins in that wallet, if you don't want to retrieve it, and for memory, then throw away the private key, so you can't access the wallet. If one day the price increases again, then history proves that there are coins in the wallet that cannot be taken by everyone. And this also happened to Bitcoin when the Bitcoin price was $ 0,xxx.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
The best way to deal with dead shitcoins is to simply ignore them
It makes absolutely no sense to say you want to send them out of your wallet, because aside from the fact that  these coins have absolutely no value, it will cost you money to send them out which is just wrong for you to do.
Ignore your shitcoins and focus on the ones that have actual value.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
I have various coins that are of no value but I don't really care if I keep them, it's just that I never use the wallet again, I forget that wallet by creating a new wallet and will not use it again to receive unclear tokens.
What if you have tokens which also got some value on that wallet, you will spend transaction fee for sending those valuable token to a new wallet or just send the valueless token to new wallet?
Activity: 798
Merit: 116
A very timely topic, especially for waves wallets. As a rule, this wallets have are hundreds of different useless types of coins that you cannot get rid of and they are create confusion when you are going to find the coin that you really need now. In general, it seems to me that the only way to radically get rid of all the garbage on wallets is to send them all to some unfamiliar address, but this is fraught with the fact that you will have to spend money on these transactions.
Activity: 210
Merit: 13
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
This is why its good to have more than one wallet, here is what I like doing, I have a separate wallet to gather junk tokens just in case, so I send the worthless tokens to the junk wallet, having more than one wallet isn't a bad idea, you can try that, do not send worthless tokens to unknown wallet address because I've seen dead coins coming back to life.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
Why do you bother?
You just have to replace your wallet with a new one. All problems clear.
Creating a wallet is very easy, especially the ERC-20 wallet. It is very easy and no difficult term.
Activity: 728
Merit: 19
KUWA.ai
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy

Just change your wallet man. It's not very hard to do that. Why you want to waste some ETH on useless token!. There is no way you can delete your token from your wallet you need to send it to another address. But there is some app like trust wallet that has the option to hide any unwanted token from the list so that it won't show up in your wallet but it won't delete your token either.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
A few years back, I had an account with the Yobit exchange. They had this option to "dust" the balance. So if you don't like some of your coins or tokens, you can just "dust" these holdings, which will destroy them. It will not cost you anything. Unfortunately, the ERC-20 wallets doesn't have that option. And this is one of the aspects, where the ETH developers can work upon.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 503
lol, you need eth for gas fee to be able to send the useless tokens to other address.
Better to keep those tokens in your wallet than spend ethereum to delete the tokens in my opinion.
Who knows some of those tokens will become massive adopted by people in the future.
true, who knows in the future the coins in wallets are useful and have value, I still have coins that have no price and have even been abandoned by the developer, if you want to throw them away the costs are very expensive and just waste money.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
it could be but I don't think it's necessary, because the cost of sending tokens is now quite high.
Unless you really want to dump them.
and I think it doesn't matter if we have many types of tokens in our wallet. even though the token is worthless.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
You could just simply forget that address or create a new one and transfer your valuable assets there but make sure to back-up your old because there might be hidden gems there just in case it happens to me sometimes. But its too costly to move tokens these days specially that gas is a pain in the ass unlike before its dirty cheap, now cost a fortune.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
Previously, the cost of a transaction on the Ethereum network was very low, so you could use a very popular solution to the problem, namely, send all unnecessary tokens to the wallet, which will act as a trash can. But today the process will be too expensive. Nevertheless, there is a way out even today, since not only TrustWallet, but also the official MyEtherWallet provides functionality that allows the user to disable unnecessary coin balances. I believe that today the need to get rid of unnecessary tokens in your wallet has disappeared.
In addition, one must take into account the fact that today there are still free distributions of tokens of very promising projects to wallets that have high activity.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Why you want to waste some gas fee for some worthless token! If you have too many of them and don't want to see them in your wallet then just change your wallet. If you can not change your wallet then you can use a trusted wallet to hind your unwanted or shit token from your portfolio. Trust wallet has this option to hide any token from your balance but you can not delete or remove it without sending it to a random address.

Just switch off token views simple. People will spray your wallet with useless tokens whether you want them or not. I never added any tokens to my clean wallet but it still got airdropped stuff I never asked for,,, and I will never be tempted to go to uniswap or whatever dex just to sell them. Many are tricks:)
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

Why you want to waste some gas fee for some worthless token! If you have too many of them and don't want to see them in your wallet then just change your wallet. If you can not change your wallet then you can use a trusted wallet to hind your unwanted or shit token from your portfolio. Trust wallet has this option to hide any token from your balance but you can not delete or remove it without sending it to a random address.
Pages:
Jump to: