Pages:
Author

Topic: Can I 'delete' useless tokens from my wallet? - page 9. (Read 4922 times)

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
You can send it to anyone but why you need to spend gas for that? Just allow this tokens to stay in your wallet and make it as a remembrance. It is better that your wallet will never empty. Although worthless tokens ,just a decoration in your wallet.But if you really don't want to see this tokens everytime you open your wallet,it's very simple,create a new wallet and forget that old one.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Who wishes to get rid of worthless tokens can do in two ways: 1. Send them to the contract address (or find some address) and spent some ETH for fees and you will have a clean wallet. 2. Create a new wallet and you will have a clean wallet.
There's no other way, I suggest option 2! Keep new wallet clean and private, send there only what you plan to hold, and old wallet can be used for everything like you are using it now!
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
You can't delete them permanently, you can only delete from your wallet interface or menu, but the tokens will still be in your wallet if you scan through etherscan or other blockchain explorer
Just move that token to another wallet, his problem will definitely be solved. But it will cost him time and money to waste gas
Activity: 1141
Merit: 1
Is it possible to remove tokens from dead projects/tokens that are totally useless and worth $0 from my wallet? Do I just send them to a random address? I don't want to burden anyone else with those shitcoins  Cheesy
You can send to these type of tokens anywhere but the gas price will be greater than the token price. if you hold it is possible that the price of those may be up some time in the year.
Activity: 221
Instead of wasting your eth and your time to send shit tokens to an unknown address, why not leave the token in your wallet? You can choose not to make them show in your wallet again by hiding them with wallet app like Imtoken. And incase the token later moon in future, you will unhide and sell.
Activity: 113
heheheh we all have a truckload of shit coins. You can send them to a burn address but you will need to cover gas fees which a very high lately. What I normally do is switch off the asset in my Atomic Wallet. These token will still be in your wallet when you check from a block explorer however, you won't see them in your wallet.
Activity: 490
Merit: 16
You can't delete them permanently, you can only delete from your wallet interface or menu, but the tokens will still be in your wallet if you scan through etherscan or other blockchain explorer
Activity: 518
Merit: 256
Living the truth....
No one can delete any token from his wallet, had it been its possible many tokens would have been deleted from several wallets, I guess having those tokens in our wallets is to remind us to always make a good decision, my funny thought though. Also, you can send the token to another wallet or you can hide the token in the wallet, but I think this depends on the type of wallet you currently using. Lastly, even sending to another wallet will also require gas fee, hence if you are willing to spare a little gas fee, you can try sending to another wallet.
Just create a new wallet, everything will be solved quickly. I don't understand why he wants to act in such a complicated way, if his wallet is full of junk tokens, just leave it
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
No one can delete any token from his wallet, had it been its possible many tokens would have been deleted from several wallets, I guess having those tokens in our wallets is to remind us to always make a good decision, my funny thought though. Also, you can send the token to another wallet or you can hide the token in the wallet, but I think this depends on the type of wallet you currently using. Lastly, even sending to another wallet will also require gas fee, hence if you are willing to spare a little gas fee, you can try sending to another wallet.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
We can not simply delete tokens from our wallet. Some wallets provides the feature of hiding desired coins. Sending unwanted coins to unknown address will incur gas fees which is unnecessary cost-effective.
There was a burning address and he doesn't need to send it into the another wallet. The problem has already fixed and it looks like he has already sent his coin to the burning address. We should not disrupt the address that owned by others.
Activity: 149
Merit: 25

I've got the same question. I got Kicktoken airdropped to me and i 100% don't want it. I want to remove it but you like can't do anything with it.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
You can send it out to a random address, but it would take some hash and actually pay for it.
its better to live it there and just don't bother to pay attention to it.
I also have some of worthless tokens, but I leaver it be.
and besides a wallet with a lot of token is a bit of catchy in the eye

If the OP doesn't want to see all those worthless tokens, aside from hiding it as suggested by everyone. He can just create a new wallet eth address, very easy in MEW. Just don't forget where you put your private keys and password. At least if you want to start fresh, you have a brand new eth wallet address.
Activity: 532
Merit: 132
You can send it out to a random address, but it would take some hash and actually pay for it.
its better to live it there and just don't bother to pay attention to it.
I also have some of worthless tokens, but I leaver it be.
and besides a wallet with a lot of token is a bit of catchy in the eye
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
You cannnot Delete any Token from Myetherwallet, not have any Option for delete any Useless or Valueless token. But You can send your Valueless token a Different myetherwallet address. You can Create a New Myetherwallet and send your All useless token.     

This is the option OP has but some useless tokens get value over time if you are checking the explorer or following it on exchange sometimes it is getting pump I have my experience with this useless tokens when some of these get pumped, in one token I trade it with $100 of Eth so don't lose hope.
Activity: 257
Merit: 3
You cannnot Delete any Token from Myetherwallet, not have any Option for delete any Useless or Valueless token. But You can send your Valueless token a Different myetherwallet address. You can Create a New Myetherwallet and send your All useless token.     
Activity: 1456
Merit: 251
We can not simply delete tokens from our wallet. Some wallets provides the feature of hiding desired coins. Sending unwanted coins to unknown address will incur gas fees which is unnecessary cost-effective.
It's a right choice, discarding coins will use up gas fees and maybe you will repeatedly make transactions just to throw away useless coins, the solution is to hide filtered coins will display decent coins.
Activity: 352
Merit: 10
Nope, you can't delete useless token in your wallet as it is only used to store the tokens but instead of deleting it like what you wanted then you can only send it to another wallet address to make your wallet free from useless tokens.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
I also have some useless tokens I got from my campaigns that I never thought of removing from my wallet,  but after seeing this topic, I think I should also delete those useless tokens from wallet as well, I think the best way is creating a separate wallet and send those useless tokens over there, more like burning them.
Activity: 944
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Do not do that, holding doesn´t cost you anything and you didn´t know which coin will come to a life and make you rich.  Wink While sending them cost you your Ethers, so at the end you will be in a loss.
Most worthless tokens will never become valuable in the future. I have more than 300 types of tokens like that in my wallet, but no project has really revived in the past 3 years and made me profitable. And put it in your wallet as a souvenir
Pages:
Jump to: