Pages:
Author

Topic: can one trace a stollen btc? - page 4. (Read 1399 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 05, 2017, 01:18:41 PM
hello all,how are u all,
a friend was scammed of a huge amount of btc,and i want to know if one can retract a btc already in another wallet,thank u
You can see the transaction in the explorer, where the money is going etc but you can't take the money back. It's gone once you lost the control over the wallet. So better move on and try to recoup that lose.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
September 05, 2017, 01:13:25 PM
hello all,how are u all,
a friend was scammed of a huge amount of btc,and i want to know if one can retract a btc already in another wallet,thank u
only can track transaction and maybe it is impossible to see where it go, at least if he sell on some market you can see from cold wallet address ( i never see it yet ) you might be know in what exchange that coin go
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
September 05, 2017, 01:07:17 PM
You can track it, yes but anything more than that is pointless. You should already know that bitcoin transactions are irreversible. So the only hope you have getting back your money is if the scammer, by some miracle, decided to send it back to you.
Activity: 350
September 05, 2017, 12:41:01 PM
hello all,how are u all,

Transactions can be traced but getting back your money? I don't think so, this is the major con of bitcoin from paper currency. Because it is not governed by laws that make people afraid of scamming other people. Unlike in fiat that every transaction happens personally or by banks. Which makes it easier to get back what you lost and make the culprits pay for whatever they did to you. Tell your friend to just light a candle and cry over it for a night and get over it the next day.
Activity: 168
September 05, 2017, 12:06:47 PM
hello all,how are u all,

It's possible to track it on the blockchain system by entering the wallet code or tx code. If the scammer uses a bitcoin mixer, it won't be possible to track it. The bitcoins will be divided into many groups. And tracking it doesn't give you any benefit honestly.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
September 05, 2017, 11:57:19 AM
hello all,how are u all,

Like what earlier poster have said that's is the only thing you can do as even if it moves from there to about 500 other accounts you will trace it but unfortunately if the scammer sent it to a mixer, that will be the end as the input and output will be from different addresses. This is the issue about bitcoin, the moment it leaves your wallet whether knowingly or not, its never coming back only if you have the control but in this case that has been lost.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
September 05, 2017, 11:53:14 AM
the only thing you can trace is the transactions. you can see them on the blockchain to see where the money is going. what you can't do is to telling who does those addresses (that are receiving the funds) belong to.
you can also use walletexplorer or one of the paid "blockchain analysis" services. but don't get your hopes up.

and no, you can not "retract" bitcoin if you have already sent it and the transaction is confirmed. there is no charge back or undo button in bitcoin.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
September 05, 2017, 11:48:30 AM
hello all,how are u all,
Pages:
Jump to: