Pages:
Author

Topic: Can u still have reasons to keep ur bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 5002 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I think the best thing about bitcoin is it forces people to learn financial responsibility to survive in the crypoworld. Once you become your own bank you are responsible for everything like security, liquidity, and insurance if you are offering services. With bitcoin usually the diligent thrive which is good when dealing with things of value.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Yes, why not?
I believe in bitcoin concept, want to be financially free and get rid from banks and financial institutions.
In my opinion, bitcoin is answer and way to go, not the problem.
Price of bitcoin went down?
No problem, it's perfect time now to buy more btc.
When price of BTC raise again, it will be good time to sell and make profit.
Remember, good things comes to the people who can wait.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
I'm "keeping" or better holding my bitcoin because I believe in the project , I know there are a lot of speculators but it doesn't matter ... one day the price will be stabilized and that day we can spend bitcoin without problem  for buy  products and nobody will care about the price (or better the value in FIAT eur ,usd , cny, etc...).
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
So what you're saying is this: everyone in Russia should dumb their Ruble too?
Please stop with the whining. Stop looking at Bitcoin only for its fiat value.
Yesterday:
This morning there was panic selling in copper-linked stocks, the Ruble and Bitcoin. The connection is obvious.

This is the best time ever to buy Bitcoin. If you bought a ton of Bitcoin yesterday you could have made a nice profit today (28%).

hindsight is always 20/20. Sure it would always be best to buy when the price hits it's low point, and would be best to sell when it hits it's high point. The problem is that it is very difficult to know when that is
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Our Satoshi, who art in blockchain,
Encrypted be thy name
Thy transactions come
Thy will be done on ASICS
As it is on Github.
Give us this day our daily mining reward,
And forgive our zero-conf double-spends
As we forgive them that double-spend against us.
And lead us not into alt-chains
But deliver us from Ripple
For thine is the mining rig,
The hashing power, and the block reward,
For ever and ever
Amen.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004
what makes price go up? more buying than selling, basically.

how many people own/have bought btc in the world? probably less than 0.5% (i should probably check it somehow, maybe its less, but surely no more than 1%).

Does BTC tech have potential to reach new markets and the 'remaining 99%'? sure, its growing all the time, it didnt take much for china to jump on board - and theres plenty of regions yet to get on the band wagon: s america, africa and large parts of asia. when the flame is lit in these regions, buyers will move in causing price rise.  

when are they likely to? when features and services improve in those regions, and price is attractive (like now). People are still working on it, they havent stopped. adoption is spreading all the time, its just a matter of when it will break (imo).

what has changed fundamentally with BTC industry since the last price rise? mostly good news - making the btc infrastructure stronger, not weaker.

So price fall is (more likely) due to a '.com bubble' like behavior, not because the system is broken down.
Price drops in the face of good news is nothing new. price is just going down because people are selling more. once they calm down and buyers keep price propped up and exhaust the sellers power, it will buoy up again.
luckily, a new region is more likely to catch on and start buying btc when the price has been low for a while (like now-ish). and i seriously doubt the existing btc community will let it drop so far down that a systemic collapse occurs.  

my feeling is that price will stabalize down here soon. everyone will realise it might be cheap so start buying sheepishly. a new territory (like argentia) sees the potential in it and buys in, causing more buying and more confidence with the longer term users. More companies and tools and merchants get on board, and more confidence etc etc.

Short version:
most people and most regions in the world are yet to buy into btc, so the potential for expansion is way bigger than potential for collapse. The infrastructure is getting stronger, not weaker. The price dip is more 'trading' than a reflection of the fundamental reasoning.

Therefore, buy or hold (if you can afford it!)

(((of course i could be wrong, btc could drop to 1$, miners stop working and pull the plug, the blockchain 'goes offline' and everyone has a mini melt down - but even if that happens, im positive the community will just pick the pieces back up again anyway. me thinks btc is hard to kill :p)))

how many people own/have bought btc in the world? probably less than 0.5% (i should probably check it somehow, maybe its less, but surely no more than 1%). ?

I will tell you : 1 Million people worlwide bought Bitcoin. YES, ONLY ONE million Smiley

I know that you were thinking that hundreds of millions but NO, 1 mil Smiley

After 6 years, the Bitcoin community is less than  the users from a decent forum. Try to think how much buzz Bitcoin have had in media; lobby and so on. A lot of money invested in these shits. By whom? Smiley

Where do you have this number from: 1 Million?

https://blockchain.info/charts/n-unique-addresses  - ONLY 180K people are dealing with it daily. This is an average number calculated for a year. YES, YES, only 150K-180K people are dealing with Bitcoin almost daily. Smiley

https://bitscan.com/bitnews/item/how-many-people-really-own-bitcoins-and-why-does-it-matter  - aprox 1 MIL REAL USERS.

Do not count the addresses, because most of the people has more than one. You have to count how many address have Bitcoin in them;
that have a meaningful quantity of bitcoins in.

Remeber Mt. Gox has account numbers as high as 270,000. Assuming they are sequential, and about 65% of the Exchange market (which they were by volume), that's 415K people who have participated on exchanges in 2014 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This is the best time ever to buy Bitcoin. If you bought a ton of Bitcoin yesterday you could have made a nice profit today (28%).

I would have, if fiat transaction wouldn't take 2 days ...
I hope there is a second fall, before it goes further up again.
Well, there you go. The benefit of Bitcoin. It's like most people are blind and can't see something so obvious?

I wish that some rich supporter would instantly buy a ton, for the price to go to the sky only for today, to prove those damn ignorant FUD spreading media.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

how many people own/have bought btc in the world? probably less than 0.5% (i should probably check it somehow, maybe its less, but surely no more than 1%).

Does BTC tech have potential to reach new markets and the 'remaining 99%'? sure, its growing all the time, it didnt take much for china to jump on board - and theres plenty of regions yet to get on the band wagon: s america, africa and large parts of asia. when the flame is lit in these regions, buyers will move in causing price rise.  

when are they likely to? when features and services improve in those regions, and price is attractive (like now). People are still working on it, they havent stopped. adoption is spreading all the time, its just a matter of when it will break (imo).

what has changed fundamentally with BTC industry since the last price rise? mostly good news - making the btc infrastructure stronger, not weaker.

So price fall is (more likely) due to a '.com bubble' like behavior, not because the system is broken down.
Price drops in the face of good news is nothing new. price is just going down because people are selling more. once they calm down and buyers keep price propped up and exhaust the sellers power, it will buoy up again.
luckily, a new region is more likely to catch on and start buying btc when the price has been low for a while (like now-ish). and i seriously doubt the existing btc community will let it drop so far down that a systemic collapse occurs.  

my feeling is that price will stabalize down here soon. everyone will realise it might be cheap so start buying sheepishly. a new territory (like argentia) sees the potential in it and buys in, causing more buying and more confidence with the longer term users. More companies and tools and merchants get on board, and more confidence etc etc.

Short version:
most people and most regions in the world are yet to buy into btc, so the potential for expansion is way bigger than potential for collapse. The infrastructure is getting stronger, not weaker. The price dip is more 'trading' than a reflection of the fundamental reasoning.

(((of course i could be wrong, btc could drop to 1$, miners stop working and pull the plug, the blockchain 'goes offline' and everyone has a mini melt down - but even if that happens, im positive the community will just pick the pieces back up again anyway. me thinks btc is hard to kill :p)))

how many people own/have bought btc in the world? probably less than 0.5% (i should probably check it somehow, maybe its less, but surely no more than 1%). ?

I will tell you : 1 Million people worlwide bought Bitcoin. YES, ONLY ONE million Smiley

After 6 years, the Bitcoin community is less than  the users from a decent forum. Try to think how much buzz Bitcoin have had in media; lobby and so on. A lot of money invested in these shits. By whom? Smiley

Where do you have this number from: 1 Million?
legendary

Short version:

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Because I use my bitcoin as currency not an invesment Cheesy
I'm always ready whatever it takes
Activity: 714

I would have, if fiat transaction wouldn't take 2 days ...
I hope there is a second fall, before it goes further up again.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
So what you're saying is this: everyone in Russia should dumb their Ruble too?
Please stop with the whining. Stop looking at Bitcoin only for its fiat value.
Yesterday:
This morning there was panic selling in copper-linked stocks, the Ruble and Bitcoin. The connection is obvious.

I first got really excited about bitcoin when it was $5 each. It worked then. It works now, plus 500 startups and $250m in seed capital

— AndreasMAntonopoulos (@aantonop) January 14, 2015
Enough was said.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Short version:

Activity: 630
Bought 10% more to my HODLing!
Strange enough now, friends are starting asking me how to buy into this bitcoin thing...
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
No strong reasons, but I am just HODL
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
It's getting UP once again here now Grin ~210$ to da moon  Roll Eyes
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
The price is declining dramatically! All of the negative news are covered in the media!
http://bitcoinobituaries.com
Do u still have strong fresh reasons to hold ur bitcoin? Please share with us?

I have a strong reason.

I bought my Bitcoins at much higher price than today. If I sell now, I am definitely in loss.
If I hold on to them, there is a chance that BTC price will recover and I may be able to get what I invested, or make profit. So I'm probably in loss.

See the difference?

I did not invest more than I can afford to lose, so I will be fine.
Activity: 1022
it will go dead for sure. Smiley

If it was sure it will go dead soon, the price would be 20$ not 220$.

Look at Oil it went from an all time high of 150$ to 40$ but is not dead, it could go back to 100$ in a year and Bitcoin can go to 2000$ in 2015.
legendary
it will go dead for sure. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Do u still have strong fresh reasons to hold ur bitcoin? Please share with us?

Because I'm not a whining 16 year old that spent the last of his beer money buying Bitcoin. I'm an adult that can afford to invest in risky new technology with a possible large future payoff. I'd use Bitcoin if it never did anything but piss off some elected official that's worried about his future potential to steal from people. To me that's a payoff.
This. When I got started with Bitcoin, 1 BTC was less than 10 cents. I remember three major crashes, first to 2 EUR, then 100 EUR, then 400 EUR, so I'm kind of looking forward to the next crash. If you cannot think long term and/or see the big picture, then better stay out of any kind of investment.

To paraphrase Mr. H. J. Simpson: Coin goes up, coin goes down. Coin goes up, coin goes down. Hehehehehehehehehe.

Sir, that is a great quote.  also the price must go dead before it is accumulated for the next pump.
Pages:
Jump to: