Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you contact Tradehill? - page 2. (Read 9343 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
August 06, 2013, 02:20:49 PM
Very interesting. Pulling up some searches on Google also shows ContentWize at the same address:

ContentWize
http://www.contentwise.tv/contact/

as well as some rental links showing the property is currently available. Of course, these things could be outdated, but i'm thinking the most recent data would then reflect TradeHill at this location.
There are many companies using the address One Market, Suite 3500, San Francisco CA. There's a wedding photographer, two law firms, Contentwise, Autonomy, A3 Solutions, Entuity, CA-Experts.com, ChikPea Inc., the US Sommelier Association, the Silver Lining Project...  Space is available there, starting from 1000 square feet. This seems to be a small-office rental operation sharing the same address.

It looks like Tradehill has a small space at a prestigious address, some working space in a hacker space, and a mail drop.  That's not unusual for a startup, although it's a bit light for a company that promotes itself as "the secure and reliable virtual currency trading solution for professional investors, businesses, and governments."

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
August 06, 2013, 04:54:39 AM
Very interesting. Pulling up some searches on Google also shows ContentWize at the same address:

ContentWize
http://www.contentwise.tv/contact/

as well as some rental links showing the property is currently available. Of course, these things could be outdated, but i'm thinking the most recent data would then reflect TradeHill at this location.

It would definitely be nice to get some clarification from TradeHill here on the forums.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
August 04, 2013, 05:22:26 PM
Hi guys,

I co-founded the new Tradehill with Jered Kenna in November. We are in Spear Tower, Suite 3500. My phone number is 650-924-2785 and I'm happy to talk.

The forwarding addresses were set up by our lawyers, and we were founded at 2415 Mission St with office space donated by 20mission. Many of our documents that should reflect the 1 Market address haven't been updated yet and still read 2415 Mission.

--
Ryan Singer
President, Co-Founder
Tradehill, Inc.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 04, 2013, 03:57:10 PM
Hi guys,

I co-founded the new Tradehill with Jered Kenna in November. We are in Spear Tower, Suite 3500. My phone number is 650-924-2785 and I'm happy to talk.

The forwarding addresses were set up by our lawyers, and we were founded at 2415 Mission St with office space donated by 20mission. Many of our documents that should reflect the 1 Market address haven't been updated yet and still read 2415 Mission.

--
Ryan Singer
President, Co-Founder
Tradehill, Inc.
Activity: 28
August 02, 2013, 06:04:11 PM

They focus on high net worth individuals.  Typically these type of investors want to work with a company that is reputable.  1 market street has that.   

Yeah, I can understand that they don't want to deal with low net worth individuals.

But ...

We have seen now at least 3 different physical addresses (not counting the mail forwarding to Oregon).
It almost feels like hide-and-seek.

And a phone number that is advertised as a support line, but that never works, doesn't build up reputation in my mind.
Dito for emails that never get answered at all.

August 02, 2013, 05:58:11 PM

Their domain records say:

tradehill
 2415 mission st
 san francisco, CA 94110
 US

http://s14.postimg.org/ygrtoaodd/tradehillhq.jpg
2415 Mission St, San Francisco, California.
The mail drop place is 2417 Mission. 2415 is probably above "Wholesale Fashion Shoes".

Thanks a lot for the photo(s).

Did you check whether there was any kind of name plate at that address saying "Tradehill", or "Kenna" ?
legendary
August 02, 2013, 01:29:49 PM
They are indeed at 1 Market Street. 
They focus on high net worth individuals.  Typically these type of investors want to work with a company that is reputable.  1 market street has that.   
Which tower? What suite?  I called the building office, remember.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
August 02, 2013, 07:34:47 AM
I am trying to contact Tradehill. Did anyone have success with it?

I had sent them an email a few months ago, no response.
I have just tried to contact them via phone, but the line seems to be always busy.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

Some people did, a couple months ago back when the head scammer (Jared Kenna) showed up hoping to clear his name by returning a few percent of what he stole from people. Meanwhile that didn't work out for him and so I suppose you've missed your window.

LOL, anybody like myself being a SF native knows that's a bogus or at best an incomplete address.

Yeah, we know.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 01, 2013, 08:05:25 PM

tradehill
 2415 mission st
 san francisco, CA 94110
 US

The mail drop place is 2417 Mission. 2415 is probably above "Wholesale Fashion Shoes".

This is Jared's "hacker hotel":

20mission "Hacker Hotel" above the T-Mobile store.
Same building, different entrance. Mission St. on the right, 20th St. on the left.

20mission lists Tradehill as a tenant.  That may be where they really are.

Could be worse. PayPal started above Palo Alto Bicycles on University Avenue in Palo Alto.

20 Mission is a hackerspace/apartments.  The most popular SF Bitcoin meetup is usually held there.  http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Bitcoin-Social/#past

They are indeed at 1 Market Street.  My schedule didn't line up this week or next week so it may be about 9-10 days until I can make it there.

legendary
August 01, 2013, 05:37:51 PM

tradehill
 2415 mission st
 san francisco, CA 94110
 US

This is Jared's "hacker hotel":

20mission "Hacker Hotel" above the T-Mobile store.
Same building, different entrance. Mission St. on the right, 20th St. on the left.

20mission lists Tradehill as a tenant.  That may be where they really are.

Could be worse. PayPal started above Palo Alto Bicycles on University Avenue in Palo Alto.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
August 01, 2013, 08:37:12 AM
@Gabriel

In the USA, mail forwarding isn't a true indicator of a company being a scam, but it is definitely a red flag when combined with other things. Some legit companies in an effort to make themselves look bigger use these services.

~BCX~

Contact Tradehill's PR Director robin at [email protected].  Or feel free to contact Jered kenna's assistant [email protected].  I spoke with Robin last night, and they are in fact in that building.  I will be visiting their office later this week if you would like pictures.  

-ZeroBlock

In which building? 548 Market, 20 Mission or 1 Market Plaza?

They very well may indeed be in 1 Market Plaze, but without a Suite Number and Tower, it would be impossible to find them and their mail would certainly never make it. They must be a sub-tennant if they are there because the building management has already said, there is no Tradehill Inc located there. If you take pics get one facing outside, all of those offices have killer views of the SF Bay or San Francisco.

~BCX~

BCX, you're in SF yeah? It sounds like you're concerned or curious to find out a little bit about what's going on, instead of telling others to do this and that, it would probably make sense for you to reach out as well. The whole btc community is thriving here in the SF Bay Area, you should join in instead of speculating.
legendary
July 31, 2013, 02:04:18 PM
Thanks a lot to all of you who have found out something or shared insights & thought.

Yes, a company that has mail forwarding set up for the address they post as their business address on their web page would be regarded highly suspicious in Europe.
That's because it's illegal in Europe: "In addition to other information requirements established by Community law, Member States shall ensure that the service provider shall render easily, directly and permanently accessible to the recipients of the service and competent authorities, at least the following information:

(a) the name of the service provider;
(b) the geographic address at which the service provider is established"

That's from the European Directive on Electronic Commerce, the purpose of which was to encourage citizens of the EU to deal with companies in the EU but in other countries. The EU does this to discourage "take the money and run" operations.
July 31, 2013, 12:06:03 PM

Contact Tradehill's PR Director robin at [email protected].  Or feel free to contact Jered kenna's assistant [email protected].  I spoke with Robin last night, and they are in fact in that building.  I will be visiting their office later this week if you would like pictures.  

Thanks a lot for the email addresses. I will try that.

If I don't get a response in a week's time, I will come back to your offer about the pictures ;-)

Best regards,
Gabriel.
July 31, 2013, 11:23:00 AM
@Gabriel

In the USA, mail forwarding isn't a true indicator of a company being a scam, but it is definitely a red flag when combined with other things. Some legit companies in an effort to make themselves look bigger use these services.

~BCX~

Contact Tradehill's PR Director robin at [email protected].  Or feel free to contact Jered kenna's assistant [email protected].  I spoke with Robin last night, and they are in fact in that building.  I will be visiting their office later this week if you would like pictures. 

-ZeroBlock

July 31, 2013, 03:48:13 AM
Thanks a lot to all of you who have found out something or shared insights & thought.

Yes, a company that has mail forwarding set up for the address they post as their business address on their web page would be regarded highly suspicious in Europe.
And, as Nagle has found out, if someone was to send a letter to their postal address, it would never arrive, which is definitely another suspicious thing to a European.

Also, I have sent Tradehill an email a few days ago at '[email protected]' - and now I have received a message saying that the email did not get through ...

Sorry for not posting more often in this thread (in fact, in the whole forum): my problem it that I am able to post only once a day.
Otherwise I get the error message "The last posting from your IP was less than 360 seconds ago".
Or I get an error message saying that I have sent the post already (which is, of course, not true).
July 30, 2013, 07:29:21 PM
The market street address is Earth Class Mail for sure, I have an account at that address with them as well.

The 548 Market is Earth Mail, a virtual office/mail forwarder.

The 1 Market Plaza address is the premier place to be in the San Francisco Financial District.

I highly doubt TH is or ever was located there.

Doesn't mean anything though, especially if Jared Kenna shows in person to the Bitcoin Meetup.

~BCX~

I've chatted with Jered quite a few times at those meetups over the last 6 months.  He is always there.  Tradehill normally hosts it, this time its being hosted by Coinbase.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 30, 2013, 06:28:18 PM
The market street address is Earth Class Mail for sure, I have an account at that address with them as well.

The 548 Market is Earth Mail, a virtual office/mail forwarder.

The 1 Market Plaza address is the premier place to be in the San Francisco Financial District.

I highly doubt TH is or ever was located there.

Doesn't mean anything though, especially if Jared Kenna shows in person to the Bitcoin Meetup.

~BCX~

Sorry i didn't specify, yes, the 548 address is the forwarding address for earth class mail.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
July 30, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
July 30, 2013, 04:16:37 PM
Address listed on website.

1 Market Street
San Francisco...
1 Market Plaza is a huge upscale twin tower plaza complete with restaurants and stores that houses the San Francisco elite businesses like SalesForce, Paramount and some BOA executive offices as well high profile law and investment firms. Without knowing which tower and suite you'd never find them.

I just called the building management office of One Market, a building I have been in many times.  Autodesk has their museum/meeting center/training center there.

Conversation with the building office:

Q: Do you have a tenant called Tradehill, Inc?
A: No. They might be a subtenant of some other tenant, though.
Q: What would happen if someone mailed a letter to Tradehill Inc, One Market?
A: It would probably just sit there.

Any questions?

John Nagle

Did you know that Bank of America is located at that address?

Simple solution: Ask Jered why that address was used, and consider avoiding the question as unacceptable.

You can ask him yourself if you live in San Francisco.

http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Bitcoin-Social/events/119701232/
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 30, 2013, 03:38:58 PM
Address listed on website.

1 Market Street
San Francisco...
1 Market Plaza is a huge upscale twin tower plaza complete with restaurants and stores that houses the San Francisco elite businesses like SalesForce, Paramount and some BOA executive offices as well high profile law and investment firms. Without knowing which tower and suite you'd never find them.

I just called the building management office of One Market, a building I have been in many times.  Autodesk has their museum/meeting center/training center there.

Conversation with the building office:

Q: Do you have a tenant called Tradehill, Inc?
A: No. They might be a subtenant of some other tenant, though.
Q: What would happen if someone mailed a letter to Tradehill Inc, One Market?
A: It would probably just sit there.

Any questions?

John Nagle

Did you know that Bank of America is located at that address?

Simple solution: Ask Jered why that address was used, and consider avoiding the question as unacceptable.
Pages:
Jump to: