Pages:
Author

Topic: Can you make money when the market drops? - page 13. (Read 3583 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
In a falling market, you can also earn money, but you have to be very careful and have a good experience. You need to do a detailed analysis and study the characteristics of the movement of a specific coin.On the lower classes you buy and then wait for growth and sell.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
Big opportunities abounds when the market drops. It's the best time to get into any coin. Buy lots of it. Get a big bag for yourself. When there's pump, you sell. There comes your profit.
I think OP means that if the market is on the down trend can we still make money out of it by not waiting for a long time. I do know that some traders uses the margin gap trading when the market is declining a lot and they say it is very useful to look at the chart and look for the right time buy and sell.
Activity: 102
Big opportunities abounds when the market drops. It's the best time to get into any coin. Buy lots of it. Get a big bag for yourself. When there's pump, you sell. There comes your profit.
Activity: 50
As I have seen mentioned in this thread multiple times - with the right amount of capital and experience there is actually much more opportunity for large gains when the market is down and short opportunities present themselves.

Shorting the market can definitely be a more difficult beast when it comes having an ability to control your emotions whether the position size is large or small. Having the right strategy and mindset when looking to short the market are the two key factors for myself and have continuously proven to be true over the years.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
the one that can make money when the market drop is only the worker because they can sell whatever they want without worrying about the price because they did not invest on them at the first place . you can also make make money by doing other profitable activities like gambling .  market drop is not bad at all because some people will only use this oppurtunity to buy more coins in addition to their current investments . there are also others that hate's the bear market  and unfortunately i am one of them -_-
Activity: 157
Merit: 1
Yes I can make profit when market is down even I like it when market down because it's the good time to buy more coin and its very easy to make more profit
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
Of course to do this, we must choose the right time to enter the market, it will make us earn income from it. So this is a good strategy but it depends on the planned market movements.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 513
The short and simple answer is Yes, you can make money when the market falls. This can happen when you sell and buy between the fluctuation peaks given that you've made the right trading decision.
Activity: 278
well I have experienced personally when the market was dropping had won some money by using tether, but the real issue is I could not make it sustainable but I believe with a good strategy it is very poosible to make money in such drops.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
You actually can make the most out the market when the price starts to drop. This is during this time where you can maximize your profit. When you start to see the falling of the price, prepare yourself to invest small amount of money on coins that are well known and trending. As the price falls down further, start increasing your investment. The more it dips, the more you invest. As soon as you see slight rise in price, start selling and the higher the price starts to go, the "lower" you will be selling.
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
I love the falling market. This is actually a very big opportunity to earn profit on altcoins. Altcoins are very unpredictable and some of them do not even depend on the bitcoin exchange rate.
Activity: 24
You can make money on the bitmex by selling when the market drops
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I agree, in fact, professional investor possible to earn money whether the market bull or bear point, in fiat currency trading that we know as forex, we can do 2 way (buy and sell). mostly in exchange specializing cryptocurrency cannot those activities. we only sell just for that moment (release our asset) and buy (we gain asset and hold). so we there are enough differences according to this situation, the hold position is a better decision if the strong down market occurs, we bought more at the lowest point and then wait for it to rise in the bull market. that my opinion anyway.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I know some guys who are totally not concerned with the things that are going on this market and they are still earning but I cannot catch their strategy on how they do that, maybe training is the case.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
Market always ups and down.  But you should keep on mind , market is always going dropped. If such time you can buy huge amount of coins then after few days later you'll make huge profit .
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
you can make money if the market drops. I do not think this is the first time the market will witness such drop and if you are very smart and good in analysing historic data from the past even about specific coin then you can buy and when the market recover you make profit but most importantly you must have a target which must the follow when it is reach because most time traders ignore the target and hope the coin continue to grow but endup losing the coin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
Yes you can earn profit when the price is down. First, you can do long term investment. Buy coins while the prices are low, then wait until the price is good enough for you to earn profit. Don't just lose your patience with this strategy. Don't get panic when price goes down further.

Second, you can do day trading. The principle is very simple. Just buy coins at its low, then sell them when its high. No need to wait for too high. Just higher than the price when you bought the coins. Then after selling, you buy again at low price and then sell again at high. Simply repeat the process. Small profits when accumulated would be big at the end of the day.
Activity: 378
If you are not invested in any cryptocurrency before the price dumps, ofcourse it will be good for you who are not investing at that time during dump because you have the best time to buy and has the big chances to earn huge profits.
Even if we have invested in advance, I believe we still have some money to prepare for the accumulation and get immediate profit from the recovery, that means we always have the opportunity to buy at the best times, we can make money when the market drops. However, this is a very sensitive time and needs a cool head, there are always unexpected risks, we should be careful in every action and decide quickly, instead of waiting and fearing
Activity: 174
There is this other strategy called SHORTING. Shorting, or short selling, is effectively the opposite of buying a coin and hoping for the price to increase. In a short sale, you borrow coins from the exchange and sell at the current price. Once you close your short position, you then have to buy back the same number of coins at the current price in order to give the exchange back the same volume of coins. Therefore, in a short sale, the most desirable situation is one in which you initiate the short position at a high price, and close your position at a low price, thus selling high and buying low. This technique is typically used to hedge portfolios and reduce risk, but can be a powerful tool when facing an extended downturn in the market. Shorting is somewhat risky as your losses are uncapped due to the price’s ability to go upward without bound; in a long position, your loss is capped at that of the price going to 0. One way of acquiring coins to short sell is by using a lending platform such as ETHLend.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
When the market is down, opportunity to earn more is most likely. This is just like a saying in trading during bear market: "Good stuff is on sale." Don't waste for the opportunity given by the situation. Look for great coins that have the potential to rise during bull market.

Now for short-term investment, this is really taking the risk. Expert traders would easily nail this down. They have the strategy  and experience to rely with, but for general traders this would be difficult to assure them of profit.
Pages:
Jump to: