Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cancelled] Big Time Coin selling 90 GH/s bitcoin mining devices - Batch A - page 3. (Read 12629 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
if price wise is much much cheaper and can get this baby out by June and we no need to pay up front... some of us may consider provided you can guarantee your delivery..
Activity: 303
@Big Time Coin,

I saw in another thread that you are having trouble hiring engineers.

I think that the problem is recruiting hardware engineers that are willing to focus on bitcoin mining as a career.

I think that's only partially correct (your claim stemming from the sentiment that Bitcoin could ultimately be an ephemeral thing). I think the biggest part, however, is:

Must be willing to relocate to Roswell, NM immediately.

I know that I was very excited reading this up to this point in the job ad (and I currently have a job as an EE). But, well, its very nice (albeit expensive) living in California.  Smiley

I know that contracting engineers out of state may be unsettling, but if you define the conditions correctly (i.e. always be available to call/email/Skype during certain times, required daily/weekly reports, etc.) it may be less of an issue than you think. Anyway, it may be the only way you can gain traction in hiring.

I wish you luck! I'm planning on designing my own small Avalon ASIC-based device, with a focus on being sexxxy.  Cheesy

Soon as that datasheet hits, its gonna be an all-caffeine, no-sleep kinda month....
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hey big time.. Thanks for obliging, are you actually having thoughts of hosting all 500? What coast are you on btw.. you have pickup option? I wish youre timing was better as well as youre price point since i havent grabbed an asic yet and time is an issue. Thats said ill still be on the lookout for this thread and youre venture.. good luck..

Ps: Tho we were impressed with the leaves or tree samples, we still need the dog drool, the gummy bear, the last hospital and the last 4 of your plates! rofl Grin

Best,
Zedicus
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
$8000 for 90GH?  wow.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
What I want to know is how you can get off saying you can produce these units by July. What I see is a empty building and what I want to see is an Engineer or two at least doing some preliminary designs. Have you even hired an Engineer?

Honestly, the ASIC market is just opening up, and as far as Bitcoin goes nobody outside of the initial startup companies really know what they're doing. Why do you think Avalon and BFL have had so many drawbacks?

I want specs. I want legitimate estimates on power, and whether you can actually produce the desired throughput. The chips may be capable of 282MH/s each, but that depends on the configuration.

Even if your proposal is legitimate, I want to see some amount of progress instead of "Pay me now and I'll show you my progress when I actually start."
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Man so many skeptics. I hope he's successful. We need more competition and "real" companies that build "real" products. Avalon is out there but built in god knows where. BFL is vaporware (they've been sitting on my order for 9 months and it *sucks*).  Avalon is looking to just sell chips, heck there's lots of room for small, and smart companies to build ASIC systems right here in the USA.  I for one hope you're immensely successful. 

I agree with the comment that people may not want to move though, this is risky. You should consider a remote setup where people can do work virtually. After all this is the internet age. If you're looking for a good computer architect let me know, I might be able to help you out w/ some of the designs.
Activity: 462
I think saying 'providing benefits' is a bit much..  you know this operation is a one-off so I don't know who you get to relocate and think they got a career for one batch

multiple batches wont sell at that price point.. in fact you might have problems selling your whole first batch at that price unless you can deliver next month

avalon going to make 2 mod units.. so how u compete with that?

Activity: 557
Merit: 500
Activity: 322
God speed good sir!
this.

I wish you were East Coast, B.T.C. I'd ask to help out part time.
Activity: 364
Payment up front? Yet to hire? Massive uncertainty as to future? 75B? ........

Thanks I'll give this one a miss.

+1  It's like BFL brought its retarded cousin it to try their hand at scamming.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
You are gman
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Man_(Half-Life)

Anyway, your added value price is too high.
Activity: 314
Activity: 332
And to respond to "pics or it didn't happen":

Office and assembly is move in ready to get going May 1 and the first set of chips have been ordered.

Activity: 308
Merit: 102
This is a great effort - good luck!
Activity: 332
Some of my Qualifications:  Experienced at operating a business.  Aside from my law practice, I have been involved in 3 bitcoin businesses:
1) My own private mining operation with GPU and now Avalon devices beginning in June 2011, business still operational and successful, run by myself.
2) CEO and co-founder of short-lived startup DialCoin, which attempted to allow people to buy bitcoin and send bitcoin via SMS.  Failed due to high marginal cost for customers and significant fraud from people buying pre-paid sim cards with stolen credit cards.  Business defunct, no current affiliation.
3) Co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine, was the first founder to resign from the company, around time of issue 1, which company has since gone through a few management changes.  Business operational and successful, though I have no affiliation with the company and take no credit for their success.

Some of my Motivations:
1) My bitcoin mining operation is potentially making more revenue than my law practice, largely due to the increase in price of bitcoin, leading me to believe that I should perform a career change and focus 100% of my productive employment towards the bitcoin economy.
2) I want to maintain the security and de-centralization of the bitcoin network.  With Avalon selling large numbers of chips to private mining companies that are not going to be offering consumer mining devices, the risk of one organization gaining too much hashing power and control of the network is too great to allow to go unchecked. 
3) I see a lot of engineers that post on the forums and are really into mining but still have to work their day jobs because they can't make enough off just bitcoin to make it a career.  I want to hire people that want to commit 100% to bitcoin and not have to take a cut in pay, get them all in the same place, and make a successful company.
4) Bitcoin mining is currently a $100 to $150 million per year market with only 3 device manufacturers.  There is plenty of room for competition.  I also expect year-over-year growth in market size to be 25% to 100% as the adoption rate of bitcoin, volume of transactions, and the price increases.

The Hard part:  Creating jobs in the bitcoin economy.  Looking for people that can do this work and want to go 100% for bitcoin economy with their future career.  You really have to believe in bitcoin and want to see it succeed, as I do.

There isn't even a place for me to put my jobs posting.  There is no bitcointalk.org jobs post board that I can see.  I posted in project development:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1882000
vip
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
I think you should change your forum name to something that doesn't sounds like "Big Time Con"  Wink

Seriously though, 75 BTC is a bit much considering Avalon is going to sell a Batch 4 half-size 45 GH/s ASIC machine at a less than 40 BTC based on the ROI formula Yifu used (ROI within 45 days at double difficulty at the time of shipment?), but it should be less than the BTC per GH/s price of the Batch 3 Avalon machines since the difficulty went up.  Besides, Avalon has proven their ability to execute and they have the system and personnel in place to produce...  whereas you are pre-selling your system and hiring an engineering team to make your system on the same post?  What are your qualification and motivation?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Step one:

Good sir, would you kindly provide the name of youre ceo, cfo, owner, founder, and or the location of youre main offices as well as a phone number and social links along with a piece of hair from youre first born, some drul from your dogs drinking bowl, a gummy bear with youre thumb print smushed on it and youre dob. Last but not least please provide a photo of any person you see at least once a week, a business card from a local bar, some leaves or tree samples from youre residence, the last 4 of youre license plate, the name of the last hospital you went to, youre receipt from avalon, a picture of youre smile, youre mothers first name, and please write this sentence in youre hand writing:  ------->  the quick brown fox jumped over the blazing red asic.

Step two: ? to be announced

Step three: reserved

Step four: reserved

Step five: reserved

Step six: reserved

Thank you and kindly take this post as an official present and welcome wagon to the im selling an asic section of these here great forums.

If youre legit than this should make you chuckle, if youre not legit, be very afraid! Step four is a dooooozy! May require surgery after!
lolz
Pages:
Jump to: