Pages:
Author

Topic: [Cancelled] Big Time Coin selling 90 GH/s bitcoin mining devices - Batch A - page 4. (Read 12629 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
[WTS] Human kidney for bitcoins.
Activity: 177
Merit: 115
Do yourself and us a favor and take the preorder out of it.  It doesn't fly anymore.  Front the cash yourself to finish it up and you will have customers lined up to get at 'real stock' when you are ready.

[/end thread]

This.

Preorders have become a question of whether customers take the risk now or the business does. Given the amount of fly-by-night operators and ASIC start ups - along with the BFL fiasco - I don't think you'll find many willing to accept the risk as a customer any more.

Seconded.

Third.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Do yourself and us a favor and take the preorder out of it.  It doesn't fly anymore.  Front the cash yourself to finish it up and you will have customers lined up to get at 'real stock' when you are ready.

[/end thread]

This.

Preorders have become a question of whether customers take the risk now or the business does. Given the amount of fly-by-night operators and ASIC start ups - along with the BFL fiasco - I don't think you'll find many willing to accept the risk as a customer any more.

Seconded.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
I am willing to sell my body, and a certificate awarding you ownership of my soul.
Please PM me.

lol. Body for Bitcoins? wow
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I am willing to sell my body, and a certificate awarding you ownership of my soul.

Please PM me.
Activity: 112
Merit: 100

[/end thread]

This.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

[/end thread]
legendary
Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003
 too many unanswered questions..  Timing sucks, August.  Price is fine, just timing and etc etc
Merit: 100
Payment up front? Yet to hire? Massive uncertainty as to future? 75B? ........

Thanks I'll give this one a miss.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
So this will have 320 chips in at 0.076 each, that is about 24.32BTC of chips. So why is the rest of the hardware worth 50BTC?

I would be willing to pay maybe ~40BTC. Even the DIY effort to create a 10 chip device would come in around the 50BTC mark to match your hashing. Ie 32 devices at 0.86BTC and 80 euros each (effectively 1.66BTC) per device. On a larger design you should be able to reduce costs not double them.

Phil

You did not include Zefir's taxes and customs fees, so 10 chips from him are 0.86 * 1.1 = 0.946, and 80 Euros is 0.94 BTC right now, not 0.8 BTC, so your 32 Burnin devices would be about 60 BTC.

Then you have to buy power supplies to run them all, and USB hubs to connect them all, and maybe a Raspberry Pi as an executor.

75 BTC isn't looking all that bad, if this is as plug-and-play as an Avalon.

Ok fine lets say 60BTC, but they are packing this into a single device. That means 1 power supply, rack, no usb hubs, but in a single unit, where costs of the diy unit should become non existent. So to me it should cost a lot less than the diy effort.

At the end of the day of they can't make it cost less than the diy unit they have issues. Or are just looking at the Avalon pricing for batch 3 and hoping people go for the same.

Phil

Please troll less. The price is fine. Not interested ? Move on.

I am not trolling, if this was priced under 50 I would be on it. I think that a single unit should be cheaper than 32 individual units. And what they are currently saying it it is not.

If the could explain the difference and it is reasonable I will say fine, and could still order one. Anyway made my comments, if price changes as I say I could offer one.

Phil

Phil
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
So this will have 320 chips in at 0.076 each, that is about 24.32BTC of chips. So why is the rest of the hardware worth 50BTC?

I would be willing to pay maybe ~40BTC. Even the DIY effort to create a 10 chip device would come in around the 50BTC mark to match your hashing. Ie 32 devices at 0.86BTC and 80 euros each (effectively 1.66BTC) per device. On a larger design you should be able to reduce costs not double them.

Phil

You did not include Zefir's taxes and customs fees, so 10 chips from him are 0.86 * 1.1 = 0.946, and 80 Euros is 0.94 BTC right now, not 0.8 BTC, so your 32 Burnin devices would be about 60 BTC.

Then you have to buy power supplies to run them all, and USB hubs to connect them all, and maybe a Raspberry Pi as an executor.

Ok fine lets say 60BTC, but they are packing this into a single device. That means 1 power supply, rack, no usb hubs, but in a single unit, where costs of the diy unit should become non existent. So to me it should cost a lot less than the diy effort.

At the end of the day of they can't make it cost less than the diy unit they have issues. Or are just looking at the Avalon pricing for batch 3 and hoping people go for the same.

Phil

Please troll less. The price is fine. Not interested ? Move on.
Activity: 406

Phil

Phil

Ya, it should costs a lot less, degree of difficulty is increasing and we earn less from mining but are charging more for their product and they need upfront payment with no guarantee on delivery and delivery date?

Phil

You haven't priced in the power supplies for the 32 DIY units, or the hubs, or the executors. Or the hassle of dealing with 32 separate units.

Personally, I'm kind of leary about spending 75 BTC now for something that won't be delivered until *at least* mid August, but I don't think 75 is out of line with the DIY (which is expecting delivery one month earlier, but is in a similar situation of not having a finalized design so who knows).

Also, just because their pricing makes sense doesn't mean they aren't a scam. That has yet to be determined.
Activity: 406

Phil

Let me know if you could do one for me ...

Phil

Phil

Phil

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007
What is there like a manual on setting up these "companies?"

Pics or it didn't happen Roll Eyes
Activity: 308
Merit: 102
I think this is because of pre-packaging and labor. DIY will probably not be plug and play. This pricing is competitive in that aspect, and I would be interested if the could be delivered earlier.

Phil
Activity: 72
Pages:
Jump to: