Pages:
Author

Topic: Cardano (ADA): A New Cryptocurrency and More - page 39. (Read 50420 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
September 09, 2019, 03:13:11 PM
EMURGO: Celebrating Cardano’s Second Anniversary With Prize Giveaways!

https://emurgo.io/en/blog/celebrate-cardano-second-anniversary/newsletter

The following EMURGO’s LINE@ Account will now send the latest news updates in English:

http://nav.cx/4g1Xxz4
legendary
September 06, 2019, 05:47:22 PM
Abstract image of Daedalus staking feature (as shared by the Cardano Ambassador Rick McCracken at Cardano Official Telegram):

Embracing the Community - Cardano 2nd Anniversary Event

https://meetu.ps/e/H9RzY/DWcvh/a

Taking the next step on the road to Cardano Shelley

https://iohk.io/blog/taking-the-next-step-on-the-road-to-cardano-shelley/

Cardano: The True Potential Of Crypto For The REAL WORLD

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cardano-true-potential-crypto-real-124201968.html
legendary
September 04, 2019, 03:45:28 PM
Binance has now launched the second phase of "Binance Lending" and surprisingly, it includes ADA (along with BTC, ETH, ETC, BNB). Interestingly, they are offering 6% interest rate on ADA, which is 2% more than the expected yearly staking rewards of Shelley.

Let's see if people put some blind faith on CZ and use Binance Lending's 6% interest rate, instead of Cardano's own ~4% yearly ADA staking rewards. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
September 03, 2019, 01:49:48 PM
announcements...lol.  means fuuuckkk all.

meanwhile ADA has tanked so hard it makes baby jesus cry lol.

hold and fucking pray alt season returns....cos btc dominance is destroying everythinnnnnnnnng

Well, this month is going to be very interesting:

-Shelley mainnet date announcement by the end of the month.
-Cardano's networking testnet will be ready by the mid-September.
-Bitcoin launch on Bakkt, which will probably increase the bitcoin dominance even more.

Agreed with you there are so many interesting events are planned to happen in on going month and next month than it looking clear this will make the current situation more bullish and ADA will perform much better in presence of good news.
legendary
September 03, 2019, 01:46:56 PM

hold and fucking pray alt season returns....cos btc dominance is destroying everythinnnnnnnnng

Well, this month is going to be very interesting:

-Shelley mainnet date announcement by the end of the month.
-Cardano's networking testnet will be ready by the mid-September.
-Bitcoin launch on Bakkt, which will probably increase the bitcoin dominance even more.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
September 03, 2019, 10:35:42 AM

legendary

End of August announcements:

A couple of announcements from Charles' yesterday's AMA:

i. Networking Testnet will be ready by the 2nd or 3rd week of September.

ii. The date for the "staking network" to be announced on September 28 (which is also the 'birthday' of Cardano ecosystem).
legendary

~snip~

No one cares about "scientific philosophy" or "Haskell language" or "more advanced" or "rigorous" or "global collective"...

Then what do they care about? Only lambos and moons? Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Cardano (ADA) is a decentralized platform that will allow complex programmable transfers of value in a secure and scalable fashion. It is reportedly the first blockchain platform to evolve out of a scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach, and one of the first to be built in the Haskell programming language. Cardano is developing a smart contract platform which seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers. The protocol reportedly features a layered blockchain software stack that is flexible, scalable, and is being developed with the most rigorous academic and commercial software standards in the industry. Cardano will use a democratic governance system that allows the project to evolve over time, and fund itself sustainably through a treasury system.
same solution with lower cost

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one cares about "scientific philosophy" or "Haskell language" or "more advanced" or "rigorous" or "global collective"...
So a bunch of eggheads are building the perfect crypto and after 2-3 years have a wallet and 0.6% of Bitcoin's cap.

legendary
~snip~

Thank you for great answer! This forum needs professionals like you!

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. Cheesy

By the way do you think that pools are a good way how to solve the problem for basic people that do not want to run their systems 24/7? It doesn´t hurt a decentralization?

Theoretically, there may be an infinite number of pools that can be created in the Cardano ecosystem. So as long as there's no restriction that who can create a stake pool, there's no centralization. Wink

You may read more about "incentives and staking in Cardano" here:

https://staking.cardano.org/
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
By the way, Daedalus is a full node, for staking you would need to run Daedalus 24/7, or?

If you want to stake all by yourself, then you may do it by running Daedalus 24/7. However, the Shelley mainnet (through which the staking will get activated) also includes the functionality of "stake pools". So instead of running your node all the time, you can also just delegate your ADA to one of those stake pools and enjoy the staking (and of course, its profits) without being online. The pools will have a very little fee, but it'd be worth it as you won't have to keep your system online 24/7. Moreover, delegating to these pools won't include any risk at all, and will easily be done right from your ADA wallets (such as Daedalus and Yoroi); you'll always have an option to cancel your delegation and get back your ADA as well. Smiley

Thank you for this answer, I wanted to ask about it.  Wink
Daedalus is running fine, so I will accumulate and wait. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad that I was able to help you two!
Thank you for great answer! This forum needs professionals like you!

By the way do you think that pools are a good way how to solve the problem for basic people that do not want to run their systems 24/7? It doesn´t hurt a decentralization?
legendary
EMURGO Signs MOUs With South Korean Government-Approved Trade Associations To Further Drive Cardano Adoption

https://emurgo.io/en/blog/mous-with-south-korean-government-approved-trade-associations
legendary
By the way, Daedalus is a full node, for staking you would need to run Daedalus 24/7, or?

If you want to stake all by yourself, then you may do it by running Daedalus 24/7. However, the Shelley mainnet (through which the staking will get activated) also includes the functionality of "stake pools". So instead of running your node all the time, you can also just delegate your ADA to one of those stake pools and enjoy the staking (and of course, its profits) without being online. The pools will have a very little fee, but it'd be worth it as you won't have to keep your system online 24/7. Moreover, delegating to these pools won't include any risk at all, and will easily be done right from your ADA wallets (such as Daedalus and Yoroi); you'll always have an option to cancel your delegation and get back your ADA as well. Smiley

I'm glad that I was able to help you two!
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
Which wallet do I have to use for PoS minting? I prefer Linux.

Staking (PoS) is not active yet, it'll probably be available by the end of this year (once the Shelley mainnet is perfectly ready).

Once the staking goes live, you can use Daedalus (for Linux) for staking. You may read more about ADA's Daedalus wallet here:

https://daedaluswallet.io/
Activity: 876
Merit: 291

Staking (PoS) is not active yet, it'll probably be available by the end of this year (once the Shelley mainnet is perfectly ready).

Once the staking goes live, you can use Daedalus (for Linux) for staking. You may read more about ADA's Daedalus wallet here:

legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 291
legendary

If Cardano - ADA going to update to 1.6, do I need to do anything if my coins are on Bittrex?

Dennis.

No, you don't have to do that. Bittrex does the update for you. However, sometimes it may take a few days for Bittrex to make an update, and they usually (temporarily) close the deposits and withdrawals while they're updating. So it's best to move the coins to Daedalus or some other light-weight wallet; however, even if you don't do that, there's not much to worry about.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Cardano (ADA) is a decentralized platform that will allow complex programmable transfers of value in a secure and scalable fashion. It is reportedly the first blockchain platform to evolve out of a scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach, and one of the first to be built in the Haskell programming language. Cardano is developing a smart contract platform which seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers. The protocol reportedly features a layered blockchain software stack that is flexible, scalable, and is being developed with the most rigorous academic and commercial software standards in the industry. Cardano will use a democratic governance system that allows the project to evolve over time, and fund itself sustainably through a treasury system.
same solution with lower cost

Crown CRW is a decentralized platform like Ada Cardano also offers a voting governance system and entirely in proof of stake + with almost a thousand nodes to ensure network security, it is possible to develop under crw but not in Haskell think about it

Activity: 700
Merit: 12
ADA isn't on the list (yet), Coinbase will list all top coins eventually!

lol, yes there are questions.  like when the fuck this thing will recover in price hahahaha

We do have many concerns about the current price of the Cardino but look at the whole market is in deep fluctuation, which we don't know how long it is going to take in the market for the recovery of prices. We have to wait until the prices starts increasing again.
I've started thinking that altcoins might not recover at all, Even if they do some people wouldn't make profit (ex: Those who bought x5+ the current price). Staying in BTC would've been beneficial for me. :/

It is always the right choice to grab at the current value in the market because Cardino is always the right choice to hold in the long term. Yes, definitely the price of Cardino will increase in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: