Pages:
Author

Topic: Casascius 10BTC Silver Round /w Gold B - page 2. (Read 12444 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
bitmarket how much for one? Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
April 23, 2015, 07:54:41 AM
I have a 5 from 2012 its something in years to come might be worth something
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
April 22, 2015, 10:37:03 AM
Awesome Coin. was going to make an offer but sold. Congrate Smiley
i still have more of them
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
April 22, 2015, 10:19:24 AM
I hope you're right.

It would mean mine is worth a lot more.
Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.

Hold on to your coins Michail. Believe me they will be very valuable one day. Anyone can buy digital bitcoins, but these will only be in the hands of the people involved in the very early days. In the next 5 years, by 2020 these gems will be better than gold.  You know just as well as I do how revolutionary bitcoin is. These physicals are iconic and a slice of its history.

I mean no one would have thought that the first Apple I computers would sell for over $660k 30 years later. I feel BTC will move MUCH faster. Population is only going up, everyone's getting connected, and the Internet has much more growing to do. And folks are generally getting more tech savvy. This internet money is absolutely essential and necessary and more folks will value it as time goes by.

I bought these coins for a reason. I have lots of faith in them and know the value of owning a piece of history. Anyone with lots of fiat can always buy a bunch of BTC and hold them as a commodity and watch it appreciate. But the physicals are more than that... you can't just go out and buy them anymore. You can only acquire them from serious bitcoin enthusiast.

Just look at what Goat did. He bought every coin including multiple 1000BTC gold coins very early on. Bought the 1K BTC coins for $6k each. No one at that time did because they didn't believe in it... and look where things stand now. Lets see where things stand 5 years from now. Smiley

@ezeminer stop spamming my thread

Your right, these coins are going to be extremely valuable, there are just not so many around, and they are not being made any more.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
April 22, 2015, 09:26:06 AM
Fine...

If it is not ANACS grading them it is useless. ANACS is the golden standard used for these coins.

I share your sentiment. They have stolen the march on the other grading co.s for cryptos and have a good wider reputation for general coins

The ability to easily compare the coins grades now almost means they have become the de facto for cryptos

Only by having a coin graded by another grading company, and then using the ANACS cross grading option, can another grader be considered comparable, and an allowance factor be made - but thats an awful lot of hassle. I know you did it once Blazed ?  (remind me)

BUT the option of an alternate may be needed for those not wanting to send to the states for grading. I am thinking of grading with a UK grading co, and then sending to ANACS to see how they compare. Post pics of ungraded coin, slabbed and graded by grader 1, reslabbed and graded by grader 2 .... should allow some form of adjustment factor.

However, if folks dont want to buy coins graded by anyone else other than ANACS, then you may as well just slab them yourself to protect them, rather than use anyone else.

I can find it somewhere, but ICGS also grades physical crypto coins 1-2 grades higher per coin than ANACS. Basically use ANACS or just leave then in air tites.
legendary
Activity: 1252
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
April 22, 2015, 08:51:56 AM
Fine...

If it is not ANACS grading them it is useless. ANACS is the golden standard used for these coins.

I share your sentiment. They have stolen the march on the other grading co.s for cryptos and have a good wider reputation for general coins

The ability to easily compare the coins grades now almost means they have become the de facto for cryptos

Only by having a coin graded by another grading company, and then using the ANACS cross grading option, can another grader be considered comparable, and an allowance factor be made - but thats an awful lot of hassle. I know you did it once Blazed ?  (remind me)

BUT the option of an alternate may be needed for those not wanting to send to the states for grading. I am thinking of grading with a UK grading co, and then sending to ANACS to see how they compare. Post pics of ungraded coin, slabbed and graded by grader 1, reslabbed and graded by grader 2 .... should allow some form of adjustment factor.

However, if folks dont want to buy coins graded by anyone else other than ANACS, then you may as well just slab them yourself to protect them, rather than use anyone else.
legendary
April 22, 2015, 08:39:22 AM
Fine...

legendary
Activity: 1252
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
April 22, 2015, 08:20:40 AM
Honestly if it is not done via a known grading company I would not bother... You might as well make your own grades up and write them on slabs with a Sharpie.

Now come on Blazed, stop sitting on the fence and say what you really mean  Tongue
legendary
April 22, 2015, 08:05:34 AM
Honestly if it is not done via a known grading company I would not bother... You might as well make your own grades up and write them on slabs with a Sharpie.
legendary
Activity: 1372
April 22, 2015, 07:56:42 AM
Unfortunately, the ownly European Grading Institute is in Paris, France.
Other than that, you'd have to ship your coins to the US.

Good luck.

I am in France (not that my french is any good) . Do you know where exactly and the name?
legendary
Activity: 1372
April 22, 2015, 07:53:53 AM
Awesome Coin. was going to make an offer but sold. Congrate Smiley
legendary
April 15, 2015, 05:46:00 PM
 Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
March 26, 2015, 09:46:24 PM

Just look at what Goat did. He bought every coin including multiple 1000BTC gold coins very early on. Bought the 1K BTC coins for $6k each. No one at that time did because they didn't believe in it... and look where things stand now. Lets see where things stand 5 years from now. Smiley
\

More like people did not even know about them, let alone bitcoin itself, back then.  I didn't.
legendary
March 23, 2015, 03:19:20 AM
I hope you're right.

Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.

Hold on to your coins Michail. Believe me they will be very valuable one day. Anyone can buy digital bitcoins, but these will only be in the hands of the people involved in the very early days. In the next 5 years, by 2020 these gems will be better than gold.  You know just as well as I do how revolutionary bitcoin is. These physicals are iconic and a slice of its history.

I mean no one would have thought that the first Apple I computers would sell for over $660k 30 years later. I feel BTC will move MUCH faster. Population is only going up, everyone's getting connected, and the Internet has much more growing to do. And folks are generally getting more tech savvy. This internet money is absolutely essential and necessary and more folks will value it as time goes by.

I bought these coins for a reason. I have lots of faith in them and know the value of owning a piece of history. Anyone with lots of fiat can always buy a bunch of BTC and hold them as a commodity and watch it appreciate. But the physicals are more than that... you can't just go out and buy them anymore. You can only acquire them from serious bitcoin enthusiast.

@ezeminer stop spamming my thread
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
March 23, 2015, 01:16:19 AM

Offering special services, 1BTC...

You win.  I can't beat that.
Well want to create a special service monopoly? That raises funds for both of us.

Then buy the coin and split it in half. Right down the middle. It'll be one of a kind and the rarest thus making each half worth 22BTC.

Very sound business strategy.

*Also extremely off-topic Cheesy
legendary
March 23, 2015, 01:07:22 AM

You win.  I can't beat that.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
March 23, 2015, 12:28:28 AM
I hope you're right.

Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.
We best be on our adventures to aquiring 22BTC for that coin...

legendary
March 23, 2015, 12:18:12 AM
I hope you're right.

Oh wait.... I don't have one yet.   Shit.
legendary
March 22, 2015, 06:09:49 PM
The coin listed SOLD.

That doesn't mean I'm out of the 10BTC silver /w gold B coins. Just the one in the photo sold with the prefix pictured. I will update the OP with another coin and continue this listing.

How many of these bad boys you holding back? Congrats on the sale by the way, been following this for months. I wasn't quite sure you'd get the full 20BTC but your patience got duly rewarded.

Was actually reluctant to let it go even for 20. I think it's worth more than that. I think I won't sell the next one for less than 22BTC. One day these gems will be highly desired.
legendary
Activity: 1578
May the coin be with you..
March 22, 2015, 12:13:36 PM
The coin listed SOLD.

That doesn't mean I'm out of the 10BTC silver /w gold B coins. Just the one in the photo sold with the prefix pictured. I will update the OP with another coin and continue this listing.

How many of these bad boys you holding back? Congrats on the sale by the way, been following this for months. I wasn't quite sure you'd get the full 20BTC but your patience got duly rewarded.
Pages:
Jump to: