Pages:
Author

Topic: Casascius 10BTC Silver Round /w Gold B - page 4. (Read 12444 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
March 19, 2015, 11:57:21 AM
The only way this will be worth a fortune is if Bitcoin is worth a fortune and therein lies the paradox!  Smiley

The paradox being that nobody will pay $200,000 for a privately-minted silver round with $100,000 of BTC on it?

Anyone holding 10s or 25s long-term in the hopes of making a fatter profit years down the road is either insane or has poor extrapolation skills.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
March 19, 2015, 11:15:25 AM
.. didn't pay attention....

Oh, you paid for it.
That said, I wish my education only cost me $150.  You got lucky.

PS.  My $4500 offer is now at 17.64btc in value.  Soon, that dollar amount will be worth far more than the 20 you're asking.  Heh
PSS.  To find a list of 95% (made that number up) of bitcointalk scammers... Simply   click on members (at the top), then click on 'search for members',  put in  `  for the search.  You get a list of a couple hundred squatted nicks.   Why doesn't bitcointalk wipe them out or ban them?  meh

can't go lower than 20. already had multiple offers of 17btc. one day these puppies will be worth a fortune and be desired by many more. i can wait. i don't need the money at the moment. Smiley

The only way this will be worth a fortune is if Bitcoin is worth a fortune and therein lies the paradox!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
March 19, 2015, 12:28:45 AM

can't go lower than 20. already had multiple offers of 17btc. one day these puppies will be worth a fortune and be desired by many more. i can wait. i don't need the money at the moment. Smiley

I understand.

Not much longer and I will buy 20btc with the $4500 and strike a deal with you.  At this rate, it will only be a couple of days (if that).   Smiley

sounds like a deal! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
March 18, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

I understand.

Not much longer and I will buy 20btc with the $4500 and strike a deal with you.  At this rate, it will only be a couple of days (if that).   Smiley
legendary
March 18, 2015, 10:07:42 PM

Oh, you paid for it.

PS.  My $4500 offer is now at 17.64btc in value.  Soon, that dollar amount will be worth far more than the 20 you're asking.  Heh
PSS.  To find a list of 95% (made that number up) of bitcointalk scammers... Simply   click on members (at the top), then click on 'search for members',  put in  `  for the search.  You get a list of a couple hundred squatted nicks.   Why doesn't bitcointalk wipe them out or ban them?  meh

legendary
March 18, 2015, 07:43:08 PM

Oh, you paid for it.

legendary
March 18, 2015, 07:39:14 PM
i recently got scammed in IRC. i asked if blazed could send me $150 USD via PP. and some fake blazed PMed me and fooled me. sent him $150 worth of btc and never received the cash.... felt like an idiot. then again i was in a rush and didn't pay attention. Smiley fortunately it was a small loss.
legendary
March 18, 2015, 12:00:17 PM

Plenty of threads with bold red "THIS IS THE ONLY PAYMENT ADDRESS" in the OP -- would be curious to know how many of those get targeted for scams.

I think this is the best/easiest way to stop scammers.
Any idiot paying another address than listed clearly in bright red and the first line of an OP deserves to be scammed.

The potential buyer must realize you have an auction simply by the fact he got to the first post of a thread.   So, ummm, can't say he didn't know the payment address didn't match, even if the nick, PM, yada yada don't match.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
March 18, 2015, 11:41:58 AM
Too true -- the root of the problem is personal responsibility.

That said, the more I can encourage the use of PGP, the better!
Maybe bold red messages saying "check that I am the real *user*, if you are PM'd"

Plenty of threads with bold red "THIS IS THE ONLY PAYMENT ADDRESS" in the OP -- would be curious to know how many of those get targeted for scams.
I had a smoothie impersonator try to get me when I saw something was fishy. one he didn't have the proper signature, two he tried collecting money before the auction was over and three the address didn't match...
I find it funny that people try to scam, but also sad that there is such a large scam-account base.
legendary
March 18, 2015, 11:38:57 AM

Maybe bold red messages saying "check that I am the real *user*, if you are PM'd"

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
March 18, 2015, 11:35:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
March 18, 2015, 11:14:55 AM

I agree it is a great way of being safe and secure!
legendary
March 18, 2015, 11:13:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
March 18, 2015, 10:52:50 AM
To his/her defense, bitcointalk makes it FAR too easy to scam people by allowing such nicks to exist (with special characters).  ` and ' and . shouldn't even be allowed as part of the username.  And, once it is obvious as it is, the scammer/squatter nick should simply be blocked from use.

Agree 100%.

To be honest, I/l and O/0 are way more of a problem. If you don't notice a ` at the end of someone's nick (true sign of a scammer, hey Michail? Cheesy), there's no amount of rules gonna help you.

Probably a good idea to start pgp-signing all OPs in marketplace threads.

PGP will not help any more than posting a btc address does. The issue is sloppy buyers, and no matter how much you try and help it is still on them to pay attention.
legendary
March 18, 2015, 10:12:59 AM
To his/her defense, bitcointalk makes it FAR too easy to scam people by allowing such nicks to exist (with special characters).  ` and ' and . shouldn't even be allowed as part of the username.  And, once it is obvious as it is, the scammer/squatter nick should simply be blocked from use.

Agree 100%.

To be honest, I/l and O/0 are way more of a problem. If you don't notice a ` at the end of someone's nick (true sign of a scammer, hey Michail? Cheesy), there's no amount of rules gonna help you.

Probably a good idea to start pgp-signing all OPs in marketplace threads.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
March 18, 2015, 03:48:27 AM
To his/her defense, bitcointalk makes it FAR too easy to scam people by allowing such nicks to exist (with special characters).  ` and ' and . shouldn't even be allowed as part of the username.  And, once it is obvious as it is, the scammer/squatter nick should simply be blocked from use.

Agree 100%.

A lot of times they are banned. Just nuked the person in question. People who create accounts to scam by pretending to be another user are by extention PM spamming people, so even though moderators don't remove scams/scammers, oftentimes there is enough overlap that we can deal with them.

Sorry to interupt your sales thread, but report any other fake bitmarket.io accounts
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
March 18, 2015, 03:44:20 AM

Agree 100%.
legendary
March 18, 2015, 02:36:19 AM
So sad. someone makes an offer and the scammers spring in action. fortunately the people making offers are no idiots.
legendary
March 17, 2015, 09:51:49 PM

This is a bit depressing. Someone out there is trying to get things, and knowingly causing other people to lose things as a result. Sad

Whoever the scammer is, this is for you.

Ok, I have to admit.  I did look at the photo.   You're way too nice.
I got something far better for the idiot scammer.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
March 17, 2015, 09:32:27 PM
And the idiot scammer tries with another new account....

I offer 16.5 or $4500

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813238.20

Hi,

Was hoping for hell of a lot more than 16.5BTC for this coin but at this moment in time the physical coin market seems quite slow so my loss is your gain.

Total inc. shipping is 16.5BTC

Payment address : 1BbzqWTrPNA6ece4sn3HmcvrERv1BcFRTJ

After payment drop me a pm with the transaction I.D and shipping info.

Coin will shipped fully insured and tracked within 1 working day.

Sad to see this special coin go at the price but needs must unfortunately Sad

Thanks,

bitmarket.io

This is a bit depressing. Someone out there is trying to get things, and knowingly causing other people to lose things as a result. Sad

Whoever the scammer is, this is for you.
Pages:
Jump to: