Pages:
Author

Topic: Casascius hologram issue - page 2. (Read 2669 times)

copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
July 12, 2016, 05:20:42 PM
Just to put this in the public.  I offered to buy this coin for 2BTC but am fine if he decides to try and get more from an auction.  I guaranteed 2BTC for the coin no matter how that auction plays out.  

Yep, live and learn.  I'm content selling it for 2BTC so it looks like we are both happy.

2BTC is fair if both sides are happy. Price is also close to market listings for type and grade. Ref ErikvanBreen's 2 @ 2.2BTC/ea... "spotless" tho

Any takers on a MS69 "spotted" goldie for 3BTC?  Cheesy

I'll offer 2BTC  Grin
Hehehe.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127
derp
July 12, 2016, 05:14:31 PM
Just to put this in the public.  I offered to buy this coin for 2BTC but am fine if he decides to try and get more from an auction.  I guaranteed 2BTC for the coin no matter how that auction plays out.  

Yep, live and learn.  I'm content selling it for 2BTC so it looks like we are both happy.

2BTC is fair if both sides are happy. Price is also close to market listings for type and grade. Ref ErikvanBreen's 2 @ 2.2BTC/ea... "spotless" tho

Any takers on a MS69 "spotted" goldie for 3BTC?  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2016, 05:08:14 PM
How do you know these coins are not going to turn into the very rare "Spotty coins".
Only few have been found so far.  Smiley
Activity: 679
Merit: 526
July 12, 2016, 05:07:55 PM
Just to put this in the public.  I offered to buy this coin for 2BTC but am fine if he decides to try and get more from an auction.  I guaranteed 2BTC for the coin no matter how that auction plays out. 

Yep, live and learn.  I'm content selling it for 2BTC so it looks like we are both happy.

Thanks for the good deal and for sending first.  Everyone else pay attention for this thread.  I will be imaging that hologram using a high power microscope on campus so we can see if the marks are on the hologram surface or subsurface.
Activity: 496
Merit: 264
In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 04:56:55 PM
Just to put this in the public.  I offered to buy this coin for 2BTC but am fine if he decides to try and get more from an auction.  I guaranteed 2BTC for the coin no matter how that auction plays out. 

Yep, live and learn.  I'm content selling it for 2BTC so it looks like we are both happy.
July 12, 2016, 04:50:02 PM
In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 04:37:14 PM
Since I brought it out of the safe to auction it....I might as well ask....anyone want to buy this thing, spots and all?

Why don't you try auction it? Spots and all, people would still bid on it if the price is right.

I was going to auction it with a starting price of 1.0btc.... that seems like a bad idea now...  I'll think about a minimum since it might go for 1.05 Smiley

I doubt it would go for less than 2BTC
Hmmmm.... I dunno... How do we know this issue doesn't extend to the private key?  I'd want to know the cause and effect on the coin.  What if the private key can't survive X number of years IFF the cause will keep spreading?

That would be my concern too (as a buyer).  I'm not concerned about the private key today....but 10 years from now....who knows.

Also, I don't think it'll go for 2BTC....so I'll make that the BIN.  I'll think about value I'd want to keep it at...then start it at that price.

So you are selling this for 2BTC?

Sure, selling for 2BTC....with auction TBD.....escrow with reputable forum member and free shipping within US....worldwide shipping paid for by buyer based on actual cost.

I'll buy it for 2BTC.  Who do you want to use for escrow?  I'll pay extra for restricted delivery via USPS in this case.

Really?  Okay.  I thought you were just messing with me.  I guess I misjudged the market.  PM sent about escrow details, etc.

July 12, 2016, 04:34:09 PM
Since I brought it out of the safe to auction it....I might as well ask....anyone want to buy this thing, spots and all?

Why don't you try auction it? Spots and all, people would still bid on it if the price is right.

I was going to auction it with a starting price of 1.0btc.... that seems like a bad idea now...  I'll think about a minimum since it might go for 1.05 Smiley

Hmmmm.... I dunno... How do we know this issue doesn't extend to the private key?  I'd want to know the cause and effect on the coin.  What if the private key can't survive X number of years IFF the cause will keep spreading?

That would be my concern too (as a buyer).  I'm not concerned about the private key today....but 10 years from now....who knows.

Also, I don't think it'll go for 2BTC....so I'll make that the BIN.  I'll think about value I'd want to keep it at...then start it at that price.

Sure, selling for 2BTC....with auction TBD.....escrow with reputable forum member and free shipping within US....worldwide shipping paid for by buyer based on actual cost.

I'll buy it for 2BTC.  Who do you want to use for escrow?  I'll pay extra for restricted delivery via USPS in this case.
In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 04:29:11 PM

July 12, 2016, 04:22:57 PM

In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 04:20:04 PM

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
July 12, 2016, 04:09:21 PM

copper member
July 12, 2016, 03:58:46 PM

1.25BTC BIN  Grin

Now now dazedfool.. Grin Don't start a bidding war before the auction has even started  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1127
derp
July 12, 2016, 03:57:17 PM

1.25BTC BIN  Grin
copper member
July 12, 2016, 03:54:06 PM

Start it @ 1BTC You'd be surprised! Yes, this issue affects desirability, but it will still go for a hell of a lot more than 1BTC. I'll open the bidding if you wish.
July 12, 2016, 03:37:29 PM

In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 03:34:59 PM

copper member
July 12, 2016, 03:18:17 PM

In memory of Zepher
July 12, 2016, 03:12:54 PM
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
July 11, 2016, 11:32:31 PM
It's definitely not a PVC issue.  PVC isn't used in coin holders anymore, furthermore, the Silver coin would turn greenish.  Here the issue is on the holo.  It's most likely the adhesive vapors reacting with hologram materials.  The coin itself is free from issues, right?
Pages:
Jump to: