Pages:
Author

Topic: Cast Your Vote for your favourite Physical Bitcoin Designs – Ends 18th November - page 2. (Read 21573 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Yes they closed business and will not pay anyone anymore, and said whoever want just sue them. That's what I understand.
A waste of my time and indeed a scam and something that was not planed and with intent of ripping people off, If they were a legit company they would have taken in account the volatility of bitcoin. It's not the first time it dropped and might not be the last one, or tomorrow it could double in price, this is not a reason to blame, just a bad business. FYI check his litecointalk last message or his website to know what I'm talking about.

I already deleted all my work I made for them from all the contests. I would not suggest anyone using my images further, they are copyright material, and without my approval I will sue anybody using them.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Just to be clear if Coinographic had all of the funds to refund customers, they wouldn't need 90 days to repay or even 30 days.

@Coinographic customers I encourage you all to demand a public dialogue with coinographic in how you all should be repaid equally. I suspect that if you do not some will make out better than others and in the end that would not be fair to you as their customers.

Something to think about when concerning your money.

The open dialogue gives everyone a voice in the issue of the money you sent Coinographic to be refunded.

If CUSTOMER A gets 90% refund then CUSTOMER B should get 90% refund. Not fair where one gets 90% and one gets 70% etc....

I do not want a public dialogue regarding monies that are owed - its between Coinographic and I to work out. At no point has CG said some people will get more or less than others. Has it not crossed your mind that CG may need to use their own monthly 'wages' from other business or obtain finance to refund customers - this can reasonably take a few months. Jesus, give the guy a break - he is trying to put right his mistakes and the failings in his business.

That is right, it is between the two of you. But I suspect this is not the case for every customer. Every customer who is owed funds/money etc has been asked to submit a form - if they don't do that then that is there issue

He has said a lot of things too...and Look at where we are now.  Roll Eyes Agreed

Yes he should get a break given he is in debt to his customers who sent him funds months ago for coins he has not shipped or not funded or not created.I am one of those customers, owed hundreds of LTC and many BTC - I am giving him time to put this right. I don't expect the $$$ value of the coins at the time I paid at the time, just the LTC/BTC i sent

Yes we should all give the guy a break even though he has been dishonest to his very customers and design contest winners.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 He could easily tell everyone that there is no money and the business is finished and that no one is getting anything, he has not done that so yes I am giving him a break - Having been in the situation in the past where a business of mine went 'bust' many years ago, costing me >$100k, I know exactly how he is feeling, the time, effort, money that has no doubt gone into CG over the last year to then have the realisation that things have fucked up.
You do everything you can to keep the business going and frequently make decisions that are most definately not the right ones, lie to people (in my case banks/creditors) in the hope that things will work out. I am sure CG know they fucked up by doing certain things but I am also sure that Mark will pay his debts, however as I found out money doesn't grow on trees and it takes time to raise funds to do so

I guess I was right in my suspicions. They should not have been given the benefit of the doubt as see my post above this one.

I feel sorry for all of the customers who lost money with CON-o-graphic.
legendary
Coinographic LTD was set up in the early part of 2014 as a legitimate company for the purpose of creating unique physical crypto-currency coins.  Every effort was made to try and make the business succeed.

Over the last few months the company has struggled to generate sales and support for our products.  We have also suffered a lot from the fall in the price of digital currency as well as other issues.

As a company we had every intention of trying to resolve our issues and we have truly exhausted every avenue to try and raise capital to either make good with our existing customers or issue refunds to those of you that invested in pre-orders of our upcoming Bitcoin collection.

Unfortunately, we regret to have to announce that due to events over the last few months the company is now bankrupt and can no longer continue trading.

As a result of our liquidation we are unable to honour any outstanding orders, coin funding or pending refunds.

As of today we will no longer be able to correspond with anyone.  Our email accounts, website and telephone numbers will now be terminated.

If you wish to issue a winding-up petition (WUP) against our company you can do so from the following link - https://www.gov.uk/wind-up-a-company-that-owes-you-money/overview.

Our company information is below;
Coinographic Ltd
registration number 08773620

We are truly sorry that it has come to this and wish everyone the best for the future.

1. You started a legitimate company.

2. Now you are not going to try to honor your customers orders, preorders, funding of coins, nor pay out your design contest winners just because.

EVEN THOUGH YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE COINS IN STOCK TO TRY TO MAKE AMENDS WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS.

#1 contradicts #2 and vice versa.

And you are going to shut down your website, email, phone numbers to cut off communication with them like a wussy who was able to take funds from your customers and not give a crap about making amends with them?

Wow just wow...

RUN COINOGRAPHIC RUN!

This is pathetic.  Angry

legendary
With edit at the bottom...

Waiting..... Roll Eyes

I hope you are not condoning their lying and "fuck ups".

In all seriousness Saigon I hope you get all of your coins you ordered or are refunded fully. That is what I consider most I important. Customers being made whole.

To be clear I do not believe in making dishonest decisions like lying to get by with life or in my business. So no I can't understand nor relate as doing the right thing should be a consistent thing and not a "pick-and-choose-when-I-want-to" thing.
Activity: 334
Waiting..... Roll Eyes

I hope you are not condoning their lying and "fuck ups".

In all seriousness Saigon I hope you get all of your coins you ordered or are refunded fully. That is what I consider most I important. Customers being made whole.

I am certainly not condoning their lying in any way, shape or form but fuck ups - sometimes we don't act in the right way when under pressure and I hope they get through this by making everyone whole.
Just to be clear if Coinographic had all of the funds to refund customers, they wouldn't need 90 days to repay or even 30 days.

@Coinographic customers I encourage you all to demand a public dialogue with coinographic in how you all should be repaid equally. I suspect that if you do not some will make out better than others and in the end that would not be fair to you as their customers.

The open dialogue gives everyone a voice in the issue of the money you sent Coinographic to be refunded.

If CUSTOMER A gets 90% refund then CUSTOMER B should get 90% refund. Not fair where one gets 90% and one gets 70% etc....

I do not want a public dialogue regarding monies that are owed - its between Coinographic and I to work out. At no point has CG said some people will get more or less than others. Has it not crossed your mind that CG may need to use their own monthly 'wages' from other business or obtain finance to refund customers - this can reasonably take a few months. Jesus, give the guy a break - he is trying to put right his mistakes and the failings in his business.

That is right, it is between the two of you. But I suspect this is not the case for every customer. Every customer who is owed funds/money etc has been asked to submit a form - if they don't do that then that is there issue

He has said a lot of things too...and Look at where we are now.  Roll Eyes Agreed

Yes he should get a break given he is in debt to his customers who sent him funds months ago for coins he has not shipped or not funded or not created.I am one of those customers, owed hundreds of LTC and many BTC - I am giving him time to put this right. I don't expect the $$$ value of the coins at the time I paid at the time, just the LTC/BTC i sent

Yes we should all give the guy a break even though he has been dishonest to his very customers and design contest winners.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
 He could easily tell everyone that there is no money and the business is finished and that no one is getting anything, he has not done that so yes I am giving him a break - Having been in the situation in the past where a business of mine went 'bust' many years ago, costing me >$100k, I know exactly how he is feeling, the time, effort, money that has no doubt gone into CG over the last year to then have the realisation that things have fucked up.
You do everything you can to keep the business going and frequently make decisions that are most definately not the right ones, lie to people (in my case banks/creditors) in the hope that things will work out. I am sure CG know they fucked up by doing certain things but I am also sure that Mark will pay his debts, however as I found out money doesn't grow on trees and it takes time to raise funds to do so

legendary

That is right, it is between the two of you. But I suspect this is not the case for every customer wanting the negotiation to be private.

He has said a lot of things too...and Look at where we are now.  Roll Eyes

Yes he should get a break given he is in debt to his customers who sent him funds months ago for coins he has not shipped or not funded or not created.

Yes we should all give the guy a break even though he has been dishonest to his very customers and design contest winners and his on graphic designer. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

nowhere did he say that each negotiation would be for the same % of the value of coins that were sent when orders were placed as well for each customer.

Time will tell if he is honorable and will make his customers whole.

We already know that there is a good chance his design contest winner may not be paid at all.

legendary

legendary
Looks like any design contest winners will not be paid in any meaningful amount of time. You are going to be last in this mess if at all.

We have today added three forms to our website.  They can be found here - http://www.coinographic.com/support/.

For those of you that have received your Litecoin but it hasn’t been funded - we will fund these coins and ensure that all funding issues are dealt with as promptly as possible.  The reason your coin may not have been funded is either;

1) When you received your coin you didn’t send us an email with your shipping confirmation number
2) You requested your coin to be funded after the date our problems started

As funding is going to take place from my own personal funds, it may be that you have to wait up to a maximum of 14 Business days for your coin to be funded.

For those of you that have ordered a Litecoin but it has not been received. We will ensure your coins do get sent to you.  The delay is due to an outstanding bill with the hallmarking office that will be settled this week.  Once the bill is paid the coins will be released to us and we can proceed to ship.  We have also had a few coins sent back to us from the postal service where they were unable to deliver.  If this is one of your coins it will be resent ASAP once the address has been confirmed.

For anyone that ordered a coin from our Bitcoin collection - we have two options for you;

1) Receive a refund in funded coins from our Litecoin collection.  The price of these coins will be as it is currently on our website.  We already reduced the price of these coins to cost and make 0 profits on them.  I will happily disclose the invoices for our product to a trusted member of the community so that it can be verified that we do NOT make a penny on them. You can expect your coin refunds to be delivered to you within 30 days from your request.

2) Negotiate a payment plan with us so we can refund the amount of digital currency that you paid for your coins.  As with the coin funding, these payments will be coming from personal funds and as such it could take as long as 90 days for you to receive a full refund.  We do propose your refund be paid to you in three installments, with the first installment due to you within 30 days of your request.

To all competition prize winners;

Due to the situation with the company and the fact we will not be manufacturing the bitcoin collection we will be unable to pay the prizes promised.  Once we have dealt with our other outstanding issues and made things right with our customers, we will re-visit the situation and look at the possibilities of what can be done to rectify this situation.

IMPORTANT
We have had some people contact us suggesting that because the price of digital currency has fallen, they should be compensated with more digital currency when they are refunded. This is NOT possible.  The amount of Litecoin or bitcoin you paid will be the amount you are returned.  The price of digital currency is completely out of our control.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Website still in the air, can still order coins.
Coinographic please change this.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348
Guess not.  Sad

Well since he's shutting down shop, he's got a legal obligation to pay off his creditors.
I guess there's an order of 'hierarchy' in who gets paid...
We'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

For those (including myself) who ordered coins that he clearly had in stock and he was able to send out without any problems but didn't, we may have a legal case against how the operations were run.

Anyway, let's just see what happens.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
So this means that the bounty from previous contest  are not going to be paid.
legendary
Their site is still operational for taking in funds for preorders for coins they will never have...not a good thing.
That is a very very bad sign. I will have to update my trust rating based on this new information. Man, it sucks to see a company go down like this.

I agree. When they first started out I actually liked their approach and products...but it turned south for me from their first auction on Litecointalk.org where they handled themselves poorly.

From there it was all down hill (at least from my perspective).

The whole preorder model was also what turned me off.

Now this...
legendary
This is a warning to the community against buying anything from Coinographic ( http://www.coinographic.com/ ) !!!

Mark (the owner) has posted on this forum that he is closing down his company ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10291741 ), but he has not yet taken down his website where one can still buy his coins. It seems that he has run out of money and that he can neither deliver all the coins that people have already ordered or even just refund the money.

And as if that isn't bad enough in itself, some customers are now coming forward and saying that coins they have bought and received back in October 2014 are NOT even funded with Litecoins though Mark claimed they were!

I have done design work for Mark and he owes me money as well. I can live with that, I only lost time and my good name by putting it on the products of Marks fraudulent company. But I would hate to see people still pay and buy coins that they will clearly never receive. Damn I wish I had known that I wasn't the only person he owed money so this could have been brought to light earlier and maybe saved others from putting money in this black hole.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM COINOGRAPHIC!!!

If you have already bought and received coins from Coinographic please check to see if your coins are in fact funded or not. If not, or if you have pre-paid and not yet received anything, please report in this thread so we can start to get an idea of how much he actually owes people in the community and for how long he has been doing this.

Please post how much and for what he owes you.

I'll start. For designing and rendering he owes me:

- 1500 EUR in bitcoins
- One fully funded gold 1BTC coin (sold for 8.9978 BTC on his site)
- One fully funded silver 1BTC coin (sold for 2.4011 BTC on his site)

Link to this thread please?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10322964
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Pages:
Jump to: