Pages:
Author

Topic: [CENT] Pennies launched - page 40. (Read 135117 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
September 08, 2013, 07:27:53 AM
I vote for keeping it as is. They should be worth 0.00010000 BTC at the very most at any time, IMHO.

if someone mined tons of coins and now they have more tons of coins due to PoS maybe even 0.00001000 BTC is more than enough.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 07, 2013, 04:22:24 PM
Yeah just leave it in the wallet.
hello all friends of cute pink piggies!
I read instructions on http://andarazoroflove.org/cryptocurrency/pennies/ but maybe I overlooked it, what are POS conditions? I am holding the coins in my piggybank (in windows Qt application) but I still have the same amount of pennies. How long do I need to save my pennies to get some proof of stake?
About 2 weeks. See: fortnight Wink

Shakezula,

ETA on new client?

Sad to see all the miners flee because of the massive PoS issue... noone wants to mine cuz they dont have any return compared to the ppl just relying on the massive PoS issue.

Price is stabalizing on Cryptsy but not where it should be yet since the PoS dumpers are flooding to cash in on the free coins.

When will this be fixed?

I haven't decided quite yet what to do with this. I kind of like that they aren't as valuable as assumed and I did mention they were "savings encouraged" and that stake was experimental. I don't like the idea of a hard fork, and there are a lot of other coins with huge caps--one simply values them at the size of markets' share.

This also means that they are more accessible to all (yea, my "hippie" ideas coming in to play here again) at a lower value and that anyone can buy a few, hold them and they will potentially multiply. I understand the desire for people to get back their "investment" in CPU time, but those are likely the same people who have amassed a huge hoard of pennies now as some compensation. Eh, hard.

Again, I haven't ruled just how I am going to deal with this, but for now, please accept them for what they are. If that means you don't accept them, that's fine too, dump your stash and move on to the next flavor-of-the-week coin, I understand and won't hold it against you. I will not abandon pennies and I am working on a couple more things for Pennies, including inexpensive physical penny coins--more information will be available on my website.
I vote for keeping it as is. They should be worth 0.00010000 BTC at the very most at any time, IMHO.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
September 07, 2013, 03:59:46 PM
Shakezula,

ETA on new client?

Sad to see all the miners flee because of the massive PoS issue... noone wants to mine cuz they dont have any return compared to the ppl just relying on the massive PoS issue.

Price is stabalizing on Cryptsy but not where it should be yet since the PoS dumpers are flooding to cash in on the free coins.

When will this be fixed?

I haven't decided quite yet what to do with this. I kind of like that they aren't as valuable as assumed and I did mention they were "savings encouraged" and that stake was experimental. I don't like the idea of a hard fork, and there are a lot of other coins with huge caps--one simply values them at the size of markets' share.

This also means that they are more accessible to all (yea, my "hippie" ideas coming in to play here again) at a lower value and that anyone can buy a few, hold them and they will potentially multiply. I understand the desire for people to get back their "investment" in CPU time, but those are likely the same people who have amassed a huge hoard of pennies now as some compensation. Eh, hard.

Again, I haven't ruled just how I am going to deal with this, but for now, please accept them for what they are. If that means you don't accept them, that's fine too, dump your stash and move on to the next flavor-of-the-week coin, I understand and won't hold it against you. I will not abandon pennies and I am working on a couple more things for Pennies, including inexpensive physical penny coins--more information will be available on my website.
September 07, 2013, 02:14:43 PM
hello all friends of cute pink piggies!
I read instructions on http://andarazoroflove.org/cryptocurrency/pennies/ but maybe I overlooked it, what are POS conditions? I am holding the coins in my piggybank (in windows Qt application) but I still have the same amount of pennies. How long do I need to save my pennies to get some proof of stake?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 07, 2013, 09:34:27 AM
Shakezula,

ETA on new client?

When will this be fixed?
September 04, 2013, 08:56:55 PM
please help
I cannot install Windows Setup File 0.9.2  - piggybank-0.9.2-setup nor Windows-Qt Style 0.9.2 http://andarazoroflove.org/cryptocurrency/pennies/
under windows 7 or 8 it appears error message that programm caanot be run because PthreadGC2.dll is missing
The .dll file is in a zip just to the right of the Qt file, sorry I forgot to package it with the main files and it will be included with the next release!
thank you for quick help
September 04, 2013, 08:12:32 PM
please help
I cannot install Windows Setup File 0.9.2  - piggybank-0.9.2-setup nor Windows-Qt Style 0.9.2 http://andarazoroflove.org/cryptocurrency/pennies/
under windows 7 or 8 it appears error message that programm caanot be run because PthreadGC2.dll is missing
The .dll file is in a zip just to the right of the Qt file, sorry I forgot to package it with the main files and it will be included with the next release!
September 04, 2013, 08:10:09 PM
apologize I found it,
quck guide for people like me,
if appears error message that programm caanot be run because PthreadGC2.dll is missing
you have to download https://andarazoroflove.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pthreadGC2.zip from http://andarazoroflove.org/cryptocurrency/pennies/
and save it to the same directory where piggy was installed

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
September 04, 2013, 01:02:47 PM
CENT is dead?
Network: 0.487 MH/s  Sad
let it die..  Tongue
Activity: 131
September 04, 2013, 11:59:35 AM
CENT is dead?
Network: 0.487 MH/s  Sad
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
September 04, 2013, 10:39:46 AM
please continue to dump  Grin Grin  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
September 03, 2013, 07:47:38 PM
All the CPU power used in it now seems a waste. Even quarkcoins gave some returns.
legendary
Terminated.
September 03, 2013, 06:15:13 PM

Looks like they aren't as valuable as you might have thought--now who wants to bitch at me some more for buying them pre-exchange? Cheesy Stake bug will be fixed in a future client, for now, enjoy the free cents.

well, hate to sound like a noob, but how do I generate a stake ? I transfered coins to wallet and setgenerate to true. Anything elsE? Do I have to create a cold wallet for a week? Thanks

I bought several thousands fot 0.00015000, nhow I will multiply it with PoS? just put it to wallet??
September 03, 2013, 05:52:42 PM

Looks like they aren't as valuable as you might have thought--now who wants to bitch at me some more for buying them pre-exchange? Cheesy Stake bug will be fixed in a future client, for now, enjoy the free cents.

well, hate to sound like a noob, but how do I generate a stake ? I transfered coins to wallet and setgenerate to true. Anything elsE? Do I have to create a cold wallet for a week? Thanks

I bought several thousands fot 0.00015000, nhow I will multiply it with PoS? just put it to wallet??
Activity: 305
September 03, 2013, 04:19:56 PM

Shake, won't this require a hard fork?  Can you estimate the block you'll make this active on?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 03, 2013, 03:44:00 PM

September 03, 2013, 12:38:21 PM

Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
September 03, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

blocks = POW / mined
moneysupply = POW / mined + POS / interests

No?
Yes that is correct, however it appears that POS is generating ~5x as much "value" as the POW ones. i.e. If you staked 100 coins you would get 500 back. Which one would assume is a bug.

(Similar to the above, I had a 19k Stake Oo)
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
September 03, 2013, 12:31:30 PM
The POS is going mad. Probably a bug of some sort. Either way the price will go down if it continues to generate a huge amount of coins.

yeah, looks like that transaction was a POS block, with 4X my wallet balance. yay for me, but boo for the coin.

legendary
Terminated.
September 03, 2013, 12:27:19 PM
The POS is going mad. Probably a bug of some sort. Either way the price will go down if it continues to generate a huge amount of coins.
Pages:
Jump to: