Pages:
Author

Topic: Centralized vs Decentralized Exchanges - Which ones are better? - page 4. (Read 697 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
In the meantime, centralized exchanges are very good to trade with and it does not lag but I believe the future is in decentralized exchanges. Decentralized exchanges does not require you to do kyc. You just insert your private keys or use metamask as well to use it
Activity: 506
Merit: 101
1 & 0 😏
Decentralized exchanges are more beneficial for crypto traders. We know that crypto currencies can be used without the need for a middle man. But in centralized exchanges they can even use our money like they want. Already the middle man is forgotten. In my opinion we have to give superiority to decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
https://exip.live/
I prefer to use centralized exchange like Binance and others because has very cheap trading fee compare decentralized exchange like Idex. Also centralized exchanges listed more potential coins with high trading volume. Centralized exchange also has many feature like stop limit order for stop loss and more product like  trading competition and give away.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
For security, safety Centralized exchanges are better than decentralized. But the decentralized exchange has anonymity opportunity and you can trade any coin without listing! Decentralized exchanges are profitable for traders than centralized. I regular using Forkdelta and Etherdelta exchanges and I am very happy with my profits. Here most of the coin has a low price!

So, both are very important for the crypto world. Personally I will choose decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 11
DEXes are better if they are good programmed, in other situation both aren't too good solution
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The centralized exchange are those which are controlled by the central banks and the decentralized exchanges re usually base in the blockchain network and are used in the cryptocurrency environment where there is n supreme authority
Activity: 210
Centralized exchanges are good exchanges in my opinion. They have bigger volume and a lot of tokens are listed on centralized exchanges like binance but decentralized exchanges are the future as its more convenient to use in my opinion, no kycs, no login passwords. These are the reasons why I like decentralized exchanges more than the centralized ones
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
More and more Decentralized Exchanges are popping up, but are they really what they are hyped up to be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xA7p9NbdI

I think the concept is great, but at the moment they are really hard to use because of constant downtimes especially on IDEX and EtherDelta. What are your thoughts on this?

decentralized exchanges are a good idea as it is considered as more better by the crypto community but as there is not much trade volume on these exchanges so people are doing their trade much on these centralized exchanges.
Whenever if the crowd on these decentralized exchanges increased and the volume of the trades on these exchanges reached to a favorable value then people will rush to that exchanges and will like to trade there.
Yes all the issue from there is because of the low volume of trade. When the trade volume on these exchanges will increase then  no one will have any problem to do trade on these decentralized exchanges but they will like more these exchanges.
Many people are saying about different problems from these decentralized exchanges but in actual there is no any issue on these exchanges but only a crowd is required if the crowd will come then no one will claim for any issue.

it is not all the issues. the low volume is certainly one of the biggest ones but there are other issues that is preventing people from using decentralized exchanges. one of the biggest one in my opinion is the fact that they are not as user friendly as the centralized exchanges, they are not as fast and easy to use and not all coins can be found on these platforms sometimes.
we still have a lot of improvements to make before we can start using them for good.
Activity: 70
coinbase is centralized exchange and binance is decentralized exchange but bitcoin and blockchain is governed by a decentralized exchange then there wont be central authority in holding the assets

why do you say binance is decentralized? it's totally centralized as the most of other exchanges now. decentralized exchange is etherdelta for example
Activity: 98
The decentralized and centralized systems are only differentiated by one factor and that is the factor of the distribution of information when talking about the centralized platform's information is retained by a singular source whereas distributed when you talk about decentralized
Activity: 182
coinbase is centralized exchange and binance is decentralized exchange but bitcoin and blockchain is governed by a decentralized exchange then there wont be central authority in holding the assets
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
More and more Decentralized Exchanges are popping up, but are they really what they are hyped up to be?

I think the concept is great, but at the moment they are really hard to use because of constant downtimes especially on IDEX and EtherDelta. What are your thoughts on this?

decentralized exchanges are a good idea as it is considered as more better by the crypto community but as there is not much trade volume on these exchanges so people are doing their trade much on these centralized exchanges.
Whenever if the crowd on these decentralized exchanges increased and the volume of the trades on these exchanges reached to a favorable value then people will rush to that exchanges and will like to trade there.
Yes all the issue from there is because of the low volume of trade. When the trade volume on these exchanges will increase then  no one will have any problem to do trade on these decentralized exchanges but they will like more these exchanges.
Many people are saying about different problems from these decentralized exchanges but in actual there is no any issue on these exchanges but only a crowd is required if the crowd will come then no one will claim for any issue.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Activity: 129
Binance is the only decentralized exchange in making with all the legalities so i prefer Binance exchange
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
of course it should be decentralized exchange.
whenever you are using this kind of exchanges,you do not need to worry about your sensitive document or some stuff like that because they do not require their costumers to do this or verify their account.in my perspective,decetralized exchanges are like a traditional markets.
we put our 'goods' for sale and wait for the buyer comin in.
unlike centralized exchanges,in there we need to do a lot of thing such as verify account and many things(until now,in some exchange i have been waiting for more than 1 month just for verify it).
the only problem that happened and disadvantage with those decentralized exchanges were down time,most of them have a bad time with their system and slow load.
Activity: 56
I use both. I trade on centralized exchanges, but also stalk decentralized ones every day to pick up undervalued gems before they hit bigger centralized exchanges and their price soars. Centralized exchanges are more user-friendly, have more volume and better support.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
As of now, I have better experience trading in centralised exchanges. I find centralised exchanges tend to be faster, have customer support when I have problems and better liquidity. While, decentralised exchanges such as fork delta has lower volumes.

Sames experience with a centralized exchange. Actually its just depend on the coin you are trading with because the coin may vary a small difference on price but its almost the same so if you are trading with a decentralized exchange the only difference is the services that you can get from exchanges.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255

Centralized exchanges are more convenient and easy to use than their decentralized counter parts, but the big problem of centralized exchanges is that governments are concentrating in them to try to regulate the market of cryptocurrencies, we must remember that every single point of centralization is going to be a point of failure that governments are going to try to exploit so not only need we need a decentralized currency like bitcoin we also need decentralized exchanges so we can convert our coins without being subject to government surveillance.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

I think it will take a while before they can become a real option for traders, and I'm not even talking about professional traders, or institutional investors. I'm actually talking about normal daily traders that need a fast platform in order to process a lot of orders daily. They are simply to slow, and if sometimes it's a nightmare just to sell some tokens, it would be nearly impossible to try to scalp the market.
For professional and institutional investors a lot of other issues come into place, like liquidity and security.

Decentralized exchanges have a great concept, but they need to evolve a lot, in order to stop being just a place for users to buy or simply dump some tokens.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
As of now, I have better experience trading in centralised exchanges. I find centralised exchanges tend to be faster, have customer support when I have problems and better liquidity. While, decentralised exchanges such as fork delta has lower volumes.
Pages:
Jump to: