Pages:
Author

Topic: Centralized vs Decentralized Exchanges - Which ones are better? - page 5. (Read 697 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
Bitcoin is already decentralized. I want exchanges to be centralized. If the coin and exhange site are both decentralized, who are we going to sue if we will get scam? I want exchange to be centralized so that we can complain to the support team if there are some problems with our account and we know who to blame if the site will shut down
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
Every trader have a different perception of which exchange site they are comfortable to use, I personally prefer to use centralized exchange site compared to decentralized which centralized are easy to use and reachable support team if you have some trouble to their site(besides those shitty exchange site)they can have quick response for your issues.
I use IDEX it is a decentralized exchange, I use this site recently but I'm afraid to my wallet because you give them your private key which is I don't like.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
No doubt decentralized exchanges are much better than centralized exchanges but decentralized ones also are not perfect, personally oax is the most well designed dex project, its demo looks great.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
Without a doubt decentralized is the best, but the problem with decentralized is the fact that someone has to develop a system that neither party is able to screw. Which when you think about it, with all of the money on the line when it comes to trading crypto, that system is going to have to be BUILT WELL for the ability to do trading on it. I do think that people don't trust the fact that they're doing to have to work p2p when they can just work with a company that is regulated -- As people feel more trusted when they're working with a trusted name.

With the trust factor, I think I'd rather use centralized reputable exchanges until we have good decentralized ones.
Activity: 392
Merit: 66
It may very well be that centralized exchanges are currently better. But as their name suggest, they lead to centralization, which is the exact opposite  of what cryptocurrencies are. Fore decentralized cryptocurrencies there should be decentralized exchanges. They will only get better in time. I believe one day we will only have decentralized exchanges.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
What are your thoughts on this?
I think centralized exchanges are still better because it is more convenient to use most of the time. The only hassle people get when using them is KYC (in some centralized exchange). If decentralized exchanges were to develop further though, I think they would be a lot better because it will also let users who do big volumes of trade to exchange their coins and at the same time, keeping their anonymity, without the need of disclosing their identity to some exchanges.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
Centralization will lead to a complete monopoly of the big players. To the same situation as now in the forex market. But centralization will also lead to the development of tools, that ensure trade security.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
"SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY"
I will say in person from myself that the decentralized exchange for me is a priority, because it is aimed at supporting the consumer!
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
From the look on things people and traders tent to make used of the centralized exchange and have more trust on them more than a decentralized exchange.  Most of the coins and tokens that are lunch in the decentralized exchange like etherdalter always get dumped and until those coins are listed on other exchange that are centralized there are not going to come up in price.  I prefer centralized exchange than decentralized one.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
What was said on the video are true. So far, the current lineup of decentralized exchanges aren't good enough to handle the people's interest and demand.

I've personally both tried IDEX & Etherdelta and the experience wasn't good compare to a centralized exchanges like Binance. (Note: Etherdelta = worst)
Factors that contribute on my judgment was the high fees, dependability and availability of coin/token.

As of now, sorry but a centralized exchange remains as the best choice.
Activity: 685
Merit: 14
I think Centralised exchanges are more convenient to trade but peoples are looking to decentralised exchanges because centralised exchanges are supporting to government but decentralised exchanges are supporting to  consumer so you should decide know which one is better to you.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
More and more Decentralized Exchanges are popping up, but are they really what they are hyped up to be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xA7p9NbdI

I think the concept is great, but at the moment they are really hard to use because of constant downtimes especially on IDEX and EtherDelta. What are your thoughts on this?

Pages:
Jump to: