Pages:
Author

Topic: Certified Bitcoin Professional - page 5. (Read 33901 times)

9kv
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Learning
September 10, 2014, 09:52:17 PM
How can you be a "professional"?

Seems like a fancy way of you giving them 50$, and them giving you an "Internet Certificate" that holds no real value to anyone else.

Yes, many certifications seem that way.  I have a CISSP as well and there are similar complaints about that.  I am retired so I don't really need any kind of certification.  I saw the list of advisors and I it looked legitimate so I went ahead with it.
I think I've talked to you before - on Millybitcoin.com?

If you're not seeking any jobs or anything with it - bravo. Thanks for learning about BTC Smiley
Activity: 510
Merit: 500
September 10, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

Seems like a fancy way of you giving them 50$, and them giving you an "Internet Certificate" that holds no real value to anyone else.

Yes, many certifications seem that way.  I have a CISSP as well and there are similar complaints about that.  I am retired so I don't really need any kind of certification.  I saw the list of advisors and I it looked legitimate so I went ahead with it.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
September 10, 2014, 09:46:32 PM
Maybe you can volunteer for this project and get some good work experience on your resume, too.  It looks like they need what you have.  https://www.onlinevolunteering.org/en/vol/opportunity/opportunity_form.html?id=56461
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
September 10, 2014, 09:34:06 PM

don't worry, its just another sheeple tactic to make people think they are king of the world because they have a certificate.. then realise later that the world has people with degree's working in walmart.

a certificate doesnt mean your an expert of bitcoin exchanging, or an expert of selling bitcoins ideals to merchants. nor does it prove that they can make a coin from scratch without referring to a single line of code of a coin that's already been made.

all it proves is that your not a noob
9kv
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Learning
September 10, 2014, 09:28:03 PM

Activity: 510
Merit: 500
September 10, 2014, 09:11:33 PM
I completed the certification process at https://cryptoconsortium.org/. Took the 20 minute/75 question multiple choice test, paid $50 CAD test plus $25 CAD certificate application fee (BTC only) and uploaded a resume. Got my CBP certification in a few hours.
Pages:
Jump to: