Author

Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App*** - page 142. (Read 422133 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Overall hashrate of ghash has dropped by about half but my own miner connected to the pool is working ok.
uk1
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

The server may be down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.
Error 521 Ray ID: c941874415b0300
Web server is down
You
Browser
Working
London
CloudFlare
Working
cex.io
Host
Error
What happened?

The web server is not returning a connection. As a result, the web page is not displaying.
What can I do?
If you are a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.
If you are the owner of this website:

Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not responding. Additional troubleshooting information.

CloudFlare Ray ID: c941874415b0300 • Your IP:  • Help • Performance & security by CloudFlare
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Is there a way to get notifications from CEX.IO when your buy/sell order is executed? It's daunting to constantly check what happened to an order.

Here is their api
https://github.com/ceashure/CEXIO-API
I'm certain there are many strapping, sweaty, young fellows working on notifications and anything else you can imagine for cexio right now

Can  someone explain to me how to use these? (In simple words...)

Just start banging on the monitor screen, something should come out

FU troll
Is there a way to get notifications from CEX.IO when your buy/sell order is executed? It's daunting to constantly check what happened to an order.

Here is their api
I'm certain there are many strapping, sweaty, young fellows working on notifications and anything else you can imagine for cexio right now

Can  someone explain to me how to use these? (In simple words...)
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Here is their api

Yeah, I see one get get balance through API, comparing with previous state you can notice the change. Problem is I don't have a box online suitable for daemon to to run 24/7, and it would be nice from CEX to provide this basic notification through email for free/minimal charge. It's not too much to ask, and it may boost the exchange activity which should be in their interest.
Activity: 144

Here is their api

+1

and.. news about maintenance fees?
Activity: 276
In Blockchain We Trust!
IF THEY START ACCEPTING USD OR ANY OTHER TOILET PAPER CURRENCIES I WILL LEAVE FOREVER AND NEVER RETURN.

I swear.

it would just ruin everything

What are you talking about? Why? What's so bad?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
IF THEY START ACCEPTING USD OR ANY OTHER TOILET PAPER CURRENCIES I WILL LEAVE FOREVER AND NEVER RETURN.

I swear.

it would just ruin everything
Activity: 462
Free World
If they accept USD payments... then it can be considered as a store... considering that they give us something in return... (BTC/GHs).... so I think it is a bit different from as money transmitter...

we send USD (FIAT) to buy GHS or BTC... then after that... it will be a different story already.... it is when you decide what to do with the credits that u get... trade/buy/sell/etc...
Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
I agree with all the above. I have had a decent experience with cex.io so far, but my endgame will be if I can sell my GH/s at the same price as that at which I bought.

As long as you trade every 4-8 days...i think you can get in and out...with some BTC...and maybe even make a profit.  Difficulty change coming up soon and fees are kicking in on the 8th... watch out for both.

The higher datacenter fees are guarenteed to make CEX mining break even at some point. When this happens people will be trading an asset with zero future payments expected and thus zero value. This event is less than a year away.

Once people better realize this, the price will come down to better match the realistic life-time earning potential of a Gh, which is significantly below the current price.

Right now everyone's primary focus is trading, with the daily revenue as a nice side bonus. This is the greater fool theory and hoping that you are not the fool.

I disagree - i think they will update and have more efficient machines that hash for more with less power/maintenance.  They will have to continuously update their fee (rather lower it) to match the changing ROI, reduced electricity cost and efficient machines.  It will only fail as you stated if they do not update any of their machines and stay as is from now on.
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
@ CEX

Is it possible for CEX.IO to accept USD and converted to BTC? or GHs directly?

I got a few hundreds of USD... but I didn't want to buy btc (plus tx/fees)... I just want to deposit my USD to CEX and get credit with BTC or GHs....

Correct me if I am wrong but this would change the business face of CEX.IO completely, wouldn't it? Suddenly it goes from a bitcoin network auditor, to an exchange / money transmitter handler. Not to say this isnt an option to them but doubtful they would put themselves in that position with the overhead. I am still curious about the background information for sheer curiosity purposes. Their contact information says Cyprus but is this just their legal address. Where is the datacenter located?
Activity: 462
Free World
@ CEX

Is it possible for CEX.IO to accept USD and converted to BTC? or GHs directly?

I got a few hundreds of USD... but I didn't want to buy btc (plus tx/fees)... I just want to deposit my USD to CEX and get credit with BTC or GHs....

legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000
I agree with all the above. I have had a decent experience with cex.io so far, but my endgame will be if I can sell my GH/s at the same price as that at which I bought.

As long as you trade every 4-8 days...i think you can get in and out...with some BTC...and maybe even make a profit.  Difficulty change coming up soon and fees are kicking in on the 8th... watch out for both.

The higher datacenter fees are guarenteed to make CEX mining break even at some point. When this happens people will be trading an asset with zero future payments expected and thus zero value. This event is less than a year away.

Once people better realize this, the price will come down to better match the realistic life-time earning potential of a Gh, which is significantly below the current price.

Right now everyone's primary focus is trading, with the daily revenue as a nice side bonus. This is the greater fool theory and hoping that you are not the fool.
Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

As long as you trade every 4-8 days...i think you can get in and out...with some BTC...and maybe even make a profit.  Difficulty change coming up soon and fees are kicking in on the 8th... watch out for both.
Activity: 163
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
I 'd bet GHs will still be around .1 in a week or two.  Dead easy money is to be made in the mean time on simple price movement.
I concur. If someone would of asked me this a few weeks ago, I would of scoffed. But watching this market and taking many things into consideration (many of which you mentioned ie; CEX effect) its a good possibility. Interesting though, to see the depth chart and how it is taking shape. We continue to see a strong almost 90 degree sell wall. As for the buy wall, after today's volatility, the buy side completely thinned out but slowly we notice a gradual slope and the closing/narrowing of the margins.

Watching the order book is hilarious.  These wise guys psycho-managing w/ dozens of separate single Gig orders @ .0980001 ,.0980002 , .0980003 ad nausea.

Then there's the jerk @ 100GHs who chases me up/down the list .00000001 btc at a time every 10 seconds - come on man - I'm not gonna blink until you you do first. I got all the time in the world. Yes, I am also a jerk, but 2 wrongs doesn't help move things.
Litterally, "ROFL" after reading this. As I witnessed this today as well. A large number of super small orders doing the same thing. I'm was giving these guys the benefit of the doubt, that perhaps it is trade bots. Ridiculous amount of 0.001GH/s Buy/Sell spam orders placed, assuming these are market testers seeing how other bots will react. Although I may be wrong.
psycho-managing w/ dozens of separate single Gig orders @ .0980001 ,.0980002 , .0980003 ad nausea. <---good comedy right there folks Grin

Even having made a number of butter finger trades - I'm still up 2.25btc($500) after about 5 days (initial investment 9 btc).  Haven't made any particularly great or big trades - just hopping back and forth as the market depth shifts.  Assuming the exchange is still alive in another week, I  am comfortable tripling my initial 9 - at that rate, I will be A LOT closer to profitability with mining alone.
Congrats, more bragging rights then what I can say. Sounds like you have a "CEX Sense" or 6 sense on the market(<--boo, cheap comedy Cool). If I was pushing larger volume like that I would be in the same profit margins club.

Really wish I had signed up w/ someone's referral link - sorry guys, didn't know I was going to fall in love - found cex in my spam folder ...for my e-mail leaked by MtGox breach in 2010.  That has to be one seriously valuable spam list - lots of 'old money' BTC to be had there.
Its funny you mention referrals. Perhaps I should post this separately so that its highlighted to the CEX team.

Obviously not a priority for CEX but it would be great if the dashboard would display where your referrals were coming from. In the beginning I came on heavy with my referal link. Its littered around email sigs, personal email conversations, social networks, etc. I am getting a ton of daily "Hits". No sign ups yet but still would be interesting to see the source of click-throughs.

Speaking further to the aforementioned CEX Effect:

- I cannot overstate the [perceived or actual] advantage of having your mining rewards accumulate while you leave those GHs sitting at your high sell price.

-Also, the ability to instantly divest mining profit to increase your mining power whilst adding to bitcoin network stability without all the messy, whiney, sweaty equipment.  After about a year of whizzing fans polluting my soundspace, its kinda nice letting someone else babysit the hardware for a while.  

-Why GHs loves .1 and BTC loves $200? Round integer convenience - 10GHs for 1BTC / 1000 CNY / 200USD.  Psychological resistance (especially around currency conversion factors) can overcome larger market forces.

**I started #cex-squawk on irc (chat.freenode.net) - if anyone cares to hurl some insults & expletives so we can get a little price action, let me know.  

Also, working on pulling my trade history together - would like to see some export options in the future.

This is good. True story here.
And Kudos on starting a channel, it was a good idea. Will have to stop by at some point.
Even having made a number of butter finger trades - I'm still up 2.25btc($500) after about 5 days (initial investment 9 btc).  Haven't made any particularly great or big trades - just hopping back and forth as the market depth shifts.  Assuming the exchange is still alive in another week, I  am comfortable tripling my initial 9 - at that rate, I will be A LOT closer to profitability with mining alone.  

Really wish I had signed up w/ someone's referral link - sorry guys, didn't know I was going to fall in love - found cex in my spam folder ...for my e-mail leaked by MtGox breach in 2010.  That has to be one seriously valuable spam list - lots of 'old money' BTC to be had there.

Speaking further to the aforementioned CEX Effect:

- I cannot overstate the [perceived or actual] advantage of having your mining rewards accumulate while you leave those GHs sitting at your high sell price.

-Also, the ability to instantly divest mining profit to increase your mining power whilst adding to bitcoin network stability without all the messy, whiney, sweaty equipment.  After about a year of whizzing fans polluting my soundspace, its kinda nice letting someone else babysit the hardware for a while.  

-Why GHs loves .1 and BTC loves $200? Round integer convenience - 10GHs for 1BTC / 1000 CNY / 200USD.  Psychological resistance (especially around currency conversion factors) can overcome larger market forces.

Also, working on pulling my trade history together - would like to see some export options in the future.
Jump to: