Author

Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App*** - page 144. (Read 422133 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Largest buy order I've seen placed so far:
08:09:26
@0.11179   
1660.68216815 GHs       
185.6476595774885 BTC
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

edit**Im still getting a ton of requesting new work but perhaps either A)its nothing to worry about or B)lack of knowledge with stratum & pool mining in general.

Not a problem, read here : http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining

Formula is for the best efficiency
Activity: 397
Merit: 250
I agree that at fee implementation should generate some selling pressure. Lets see what happens maybe I sold out a little too soon.
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Could somebody share a link to a stratum difficulty calculator or a formula? I decided to point my miners to ghash.io and am getting a ton of "stratum requesting new work". I am running only 2.6GH/s with the minimum difficulty set on 16, which is the default to my understanding. I previously was mining on eliguis & do not recall getting so many "new work" requests. Cheers...

Simple formula is : GH/s  /  1.4

Read here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/suggestion-for-how-to-choose-a-pool-difficulty-for-miners-274023
Thank you kindly Sir...

edit**Im still getting a ton of requesting new work but perhaps either A)its nothing to worry about or B)lack of knowledge with stratum & pool mining in general.
Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
The more the diff go up, the more we need GH/s...

Think about that...

The price will not drop until Hardware cost less.
For the moment i see only Bitfury dropping price in January...maybe KNCminer...
Cointerra, HashFast and Butterfly Labs are out of the race for the end of the year IMOHO

So i don't see the price drop for the next Diff...everybody want more GH/s

I think we have a good month or 3 changes in diff before we see a solid price due.  Having said that, on Nov. 8th, there will be a price drop due to the fees being implemented.
Could somebody share a link to a stratum difficulty calculator or a formula? I decided to point my miners to ghash.io and am getting a ton of "stratum requesting new work". I am running only 2.6GH/s with the minimum difficulty set on 16, which is the default to my understanding. I previously was mining on eliguis & do not recall getting so many "new work" requests. Cheers...

Simple formula is : GH/s  /  1.4

Read here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/suggestion-for-how-to-choose-a-pool-difficulty-for-miners-274023
The more the diff go up, the more we need GH/s...

Think about that...

The price will not drop until Hardware cost less.
For the moment i see only Bitfury dropping price in January...maybe KNCminer...
Cointerra, HashFast and Butterfly Labs are out of the race for the end of the year IMOHO

So i don't see the price drop for the next Diff...everybody want more GH/s
Activity: 397
I dumped my GHS and waiting/thinking we should get a pull back when diff goes up in 2.5 days or so.
I'm looking for historic market systems which might lend foresight into what I call the CEX Effect - instant, commodifiable GHs liquidity that will always have a steep premium over the 'street' GHs price and may realize no actual or consistent value correlation to it whatsoever.

While its still too early, I like to start on hot n'heavy with speculation & conjecture, so. I think there may be some heretofore unseen market logic playing out here.

I guess its something like an inverse dividend where the GHs price stability is achieved thanks to a consistent stream of current price buy orders from mining payouts. As the block rewards come so frequently and are sufficiently small/valueless, there is little incentive for individuals to wait for a better price and not just give your horsepower a little instant bump.   Just buy, don't think just BUY - why not, you have a frikin cloud that prints money.  
"CEX Effect, market logic, street GH's liquidity versus commodifiable GHs liquidity". I concur, your summary is on point. Interesting market psychology to say the least.

Hot n'heavy with speculation & conjecture? Yes, bring it on. This is healthy. With the increase of volume on the market from the realization of the existance of this service I am actually surprised this thread has not "blown up" by now. Mimicking a past btct.co security thread, minus the trolls of course  Grin
Activity: 364
Sorry if I appear as a complete newb to this trading lark but am I right in saying that the price is rising due to the impending difficulty rise and should drop back down after the change...just trying to get my head around the reasons for the rises and falls.

Cheers,

F.

IMO the rise is due to the stable BTC0.10 for more than a week, and with that reason, it made a buyer's confidence to stock more GHs before the panic selling due to the difficulty rise. Cheesy
Activity: 172
Sorry if I appear as a complete newb to this trading lark but am I right in saying that the price is rising due to the impending difficulty rise and should drop back down after the change...just trying to get my head around the reasons for the rises and falls.

Cheers,

F.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Can I short this stuff? Anyone reputable want a loan?
Activity: 364
Price is now BTC0.11/GHs. Great time to sell if you have stash of shares! also good time to wait to correct at around BTC0.08
It's become that hasn't ?  at about 20 per GHS...i think a fall is coming. Maybe before the fee implementation date of Nov. 8?  Or maybe it's b/c they're they only market in town... it's less risky to buy the GHs from them "now" as compared to buying GHs from someone later...even if the price is cheaper...
Activity: 144
I'm looking for historic market systems which might lend foresight into what I call the CEX Effect - instant, commodifiable GHs liquidity that will always have a steep premium over the 'street' GHs price and may realize no actual or consistent value correlation to it whatsoever.

While its still too early, I like to start on hot n'heavy with speculation & conjecture, so. I think there may be some heretofore unseen market logic playing out here.

I guess its something like an inverse dividend where the GHs price stability is achieved thanks to a consistent stream of current price buy orders from mining payouts. As the block rewards come so frequently and are sufficiently small/valueless, there is little incentive for individuals to wait for a better price and not just give your horsepower a little instant bump.   Just buy, don't think just BUY - why not, you have a frikin cloud that prints money.  
Good news - here's an update from Cex:

The maintenance fee

The fee will be implemented in 1 week, which makes it November 8th 2013.

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW*hour:
$0.17/kW electricity cost + $0.09 data centre upkeep + $0.04 hardware repair/maintenance.

(The power consumption of 1 GHS is 1.5W per hour)

The fee will be billed in BTC per mining share. The estimated fee is 0.000000002695 BTC/share, which makes it ~4% of total mining profit.
The fee will be adjusted according to the BTC/USD exchange rate.

About the hardware maintenance:
We will charge $0.09 for the data centre upkeep + $0.04 for hardware repair/maintenance.

Handling 600+ kW mining equipment is quite challenging. This involves MANY people working at the backend, who:
- Replace dead chips
- Fix PCB issues
- Upgrade electricity links
- Improve mining software to reduce stale shares (we have stopped delivering stale shares for purchased GHS).

Fees won't start til the 8th - mine for another week! If you appreciate the update send me a tip =)

Man...it's not like Cex.io haven't put the update here....maybe...hummm...7 posts before your...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3456498

I'm a dumbass - I missed it..my bad.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
OK - I've cashed out while the going was good. The upcoming fees are too high as well as the price per G/hash - have fun guys!!  Grin
Good news - here's an update from Cex:

The maintenance fee

The fee will be implemented in 1 week, which makes it November 8th 2013.

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW*hour:
$0.17/kW electricity cost + $0.09 data centre upkeep + $0.04 hardware repair/maintenance.

(The power consumption of 1 GHS is 1.5W per hour)

The fee will be billed in BTC per mining share. The estimated fee is 0.000000002695 BTC/share, which makes it ~4% of total mining profit.
The fee will be adjusted according to the BTC/USD exchange rate.

About the hardware maintenance:
We will charge $0.09 for the data centre upkeep + $0.04 for hardware repair/maintenance.

Handling 600+ kW mining equipment is quite challenging. This involves MANY people working at the backend, who:
- Replace dead chips
- Fix PCB issues
- Upgrade electricity links
- Improve mining software to reduce stale shares (we have stopped delivering stale shares for purchased GHS).

Fees won't start til the 8th - mine for another week! If you appreciate the update send me a tip =)

Man...it's not like Cex.io haven't put the update here....maybe...hummm...7 posts before your...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3456498
Dont feed the trolls  Cool
Activity: 462
Free World
sigh...

its DOWN again...

Sad
Jump to: