Author

Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App*** - page 145. (Read 422133 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Good news - here's an update from Cex:

The maintenance fee

The fee will be implemented in 1 week, which makes it November 8th 2013.

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW*hour:
$0.17/kW electricity cost + $0.09 data centre upkeep + $0.04 hardware repair/maintenance.

(The power consumption of 1 GHS is 1.5W per hour)

The fee will be billed in BTC per mining share. The estimated fee is 0.000000002695 BTC/share, which makes it ~4% of total mining profit.
The fee will be adjusted according to the BTC/USD exchange rate.

About the hardware maintenance:
We will charge $0.09 for the data centre upkeep + $0.04 for hardware repair/maintenance.

Handling 600+ kW mining equipment is quite challenging. This involves MANY people working at the backend, who:
- Replace dead chips
- Fix PCB issues
- Upgrade electricity links
- Improve mining software to reduce stale shares (we have stopped delivering stale shares for purchased GHS).

Fees won't start til the 8th - mine for another week! If you appreciate the update send me a tip =)

Man...it's not like Cex.io haven't put the update here....maybe...hummm...7 posts before your...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3456498
Activity: 728
Merit: 253
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
Good news - here's an update from Cex:

The maintenance fee

$0.17/kW electricity cost + $0.09 data centre upkeep + $0.04 hardware repair/maintenance.

The fee will be billed in BTC per mining share. The estimated fee is 0.000000002695 BTC/share, which makes it ~4% of total mining profit.

We will charge $0.09 for the data centre upkeep + $0.04 for hardware repair/maintenance.

Handling 600+ kW mining equipment is quite challenging. This involves MANY people working at the backend, who:
- Replace dead chips
- Fix PCB issues
- Upgrade electricity links
- Improve mining software to reduce stale shares (we have stopped delivering stale shares for purchased GHS).

Fees won't start til the 8th - mine for another week! If you appreciate the update send me a tip =)
CEX
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003
4% isn't that high.
It's still cheaper than keeping a miner at home + CEX.IO compensates all your downtime in case of any issues.

We don't make any money from the fee, we just cover expenses.

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW*hour

Per your KW/Hour Cost it is 60% cheaper for me to host at home, but my home hosted uptime would be much lower.

Has any fee been added to Ghash.IO for mining?

No fee has been added to GHash.IO, however we still keep the NMC merged mined coins to cover the pool expenses.
Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
4% isn't that high.
It's still cheaper than keeping a miner at home + CEX.IO compensates all your downtime in case of any issues.

It is high actually - considering ghash.io are keeping all NMC merged mined coins for expenses also - or will we now get rewarded for mined NMC coins as part of the deal?
Activity: 826
4% isn't that high.

The maintenance fee is estimated as $0.30 / kW*hour

Per your KW/Hour Cost it is 60% cheaper for me to host at home, but my home hosted uptime would be much lower.

Has any fee been added to Ghash.IO for mining?

CEX
legendary
4% isn't that high.

Activity: 826

Ouch 4%, I was hoping for 1-2%

Oh well, maybe we can get a 30% correction today again.  Grin
Activity: 504
With only 2 weeks of trading data available (volume prior to that was too low to factor) it seems like the market is somewhat btc/usd agnostic and moves nicely with the difficulty change dates.  Starts moving about 4 days prior (Oct 12 for 16 and 22 for 26) and then it drifts back afterward.  Next one is in 4-5 days, so I would have been very interested to see what happened today in a vacuum [without fee changes.]

I postulated this might be the case long ago, so I am interpreting the data to satisfy my prejudices.

If you want sell, sell now...

The price soon will be corrected...

Lot of sellers VS buyers
The market Depth is a precious info Wink

CEX
legendary
Hey CEX.IO users,
Today, we had a hardware failure at our main backend server, which was beyond our control. We are going to replace the faulty DIMM memory module, which may take up to 5-10 minutes planned downtime to ensure that it will not happen again. However, all mining power will be compensated.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Below is the official statement about the maintenance fee:

Replace dead chips
Fix PCB issues
Upgrade electricity links
Improve mining software to reduce stale shares (we have stopped delivering stale shares for purchased GHS).

In case of any questions or issues - feel free to contact the support team, via [email protected]

We will be glad to help.

CEX.IO will keep you informed about all the future updates as soon as they come.
Thank you for being with us.

Best Regards,
CEX.IO Team
CEX
legendary
I'm interested to know how the "shareholders" feature works in Ghash.io. I have set up two parties to receive payments, both adding up to 100%...I can see payments into my Cex account but not the other..how does that work?

Thanks in advance.

F.

@Furball,
If you hvae 2 shareholders in the GHash.IO - the payout should work both ways.
I'll check your account. Please open a support ticket for account specific issues.

Thanks
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
I'm interested to know how the "shareholders" feature works in Ghash.io. I have set up two parties to receive payments, both adding up to 100%...I can see payments into my Cex account but not the other..how does that work?

Thanks in advance.

F.
Hey guys,
Sorry for the server downtime. We had to fix a couple things ASAP.
All hash rates were compensated. Check the graph at GHash.IO.

thanks CEX - can you tell us if fees will be implemented sometime today?
CEX
legendary
Hey guys,
Sorry for the server downtime. We had to fix a couple things ASAP.
All hash rates were compensated. Check the graph at GHash.IO.
Activity: 144
With only 2 weeks of trading data available (volume prior to that was too low to factor) it seems like the market is somewhat btc/usd agnostic and moves nicely with the difficulty change dates.  Starts moving about 4 days prior (Oct 12 for 16 and 22 for 26 - the shift always begins @ almost exactly 00:00 zulu) and then it drifts back up.  Next one is in 4-5 days, so I would have been very interested to see what happened today in a vacuum [without fee changes.]

I postulated this might be the case long ago, so I am interpreting the data to satisfy my prejudices.

Are they charging a fee?  Can someone who's trading let the rest of us know.

Just placed an order; nothing has changed.

At the moment, site faq & trading page still reflect 0 fees

from faq:
"Is there a pool fee?
No, the pool fee is 0% However, we have NMC merged mining to cover pool expenses.
How much is the maintenance fee? When will it be implemented?
We are planning to implement the maintenance fee starting from November 1st. The amount is still being decided, the approximate cost will be $0.001 per GHS / hour."

Probably safe to bet there'll be some downtime today while they make adjustments.

Are they charging a fee?  Can someone who's trading let the rest of us know.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
is CEX.IO down?

I cannot LOGIN

GULP!!  going on about a half hour + down at this point.   Not to say that I've been obsessively refreshing the site every 15 seconds for the last week or anything - which is strange b/c I know that my bottom line margin will be negligible at best - yet i cannot stop buying GHS for the sake of novelty and those sweet little mining reward notifications piling up on the right...probably the most gratifying experience in btc life to date. At this point I may actually have to step away from the monitor and go to the local watering hole to see what costumed gratuity the ladies are pulling out this year.  
Bah, I know what you mean in the gratification of watching those mining rewards trickle though, not far from the gratification while your mining off your own farm. Then I happen to browse past the photo sliders of the miner racks in the data center and I get a warm fuzzy feeling. By the way where is the GHash.IO data center located?
Local watering hole? Its not a bad idea. Im sure that the customs have not changed that much from last year. At least you could preach the choir and educate someone on Bitcoin. ie: the bar owner and why he should be accepting BTC worst case scenario he dismisses you & you deny a last call lay because suddenly this cloud flare fall back goes away.

As far as cloudflare goes, we all know it could be one of two things: 1)A minor glitch caused by something trivial like a miscommunicating database script 2) "Haters gonna Hate" aka ddos. Actually ddos is my first thought. Some troll is getting impatient and wants to drop the price. I say harness this energy for good and build a trading bot not a ddos attack....troll.

**disclaimer: the above possibilities are all speculation Roll Eyes

oh well...

I guess I have to go to bed then...

trading is getting addictive...

Tongue
Are your doing manual trades? After a couple years working MtGox & the Stock exchanges (btct.co) manually. It was cex.io that sent me over the edge in my own personal journey to learn more Java, python etc etc & more about workingswith JSON-RPC & API's with the end goal to build a trading bot coupled with a competent trade algorithm. In all reality,Bitcoin as a whole has sent me to the edges of making adjustments to my career /degree path towards a full blown computer science major. I need more math.

**edit fixed some grammar and punctuation. There is probably more errors. Zzzz
We're back online @.1074

checking my balances and rewards - all are present and accounted for during downtime.

Activity: 364
Hahahaha funny that it pulled out as addictive to you. Sometimes nature has its way of letting us rest. Goodnight traders.  Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World

oh well...

I guess I have to go to bed then...

trading is getting addictive...

Tongue
Jump to: