Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 19. (Read 76917 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
yes please do it...

you can use my email adress in my profile

do you have a combination of mr3420/mr3220 + ztex module (1.15x or 1.15y) with cgminer ?

regards
pazor
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Hey,

I'm mining on the 3220 (but developed originally on the 3420) with openwrt with great success. I did, however, build the OS from scratch so I could have all dependencies built in.

If you are using the plain vanilla openwrt you will need to install a few things, though I found I didn't have enough space for everything unless I either built one from scratch or used usb storage for the installed modules. I don't have a clear memory of what I needed but I'll be happy to share my kernel .config with you, send me your email on a PM. I can also send you the full firmware file, if you want. That one will most certainly run the cgminer binary compiled for that platform (which I can also share) but has a few odd customizations.

You don't need any specific Cypress drivers, just the normal usb-ohci driver.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
What cables are you using to power the bitforce singles from a power suppply?  I am tired of all these power bricks.

See 5 posts back Smiley
donator
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020
What cables are you using to power the bitforce singles from a power suppply?  I am tired of all these power bricks.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Has anyone used BitForce SHA256 Single or any of their products? or is it all hype? http://www.butterflylabs.com/product-details/
They're real, I have one and others have many more than me. They do take a while to deliver. Search the forum, there are literally dozens of threads about their products.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Has anyone used BitForce SHA256 Single or any of their products? or is it all hype? http://www.butterflylabs.com/product-details/
legendary
This is not OK.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Are you powering your USB hub and router from your PSU?  Grin

Yep, everything. No inefficient, messy, bulky wall-wart PSUs here Smiley

Which adapters are you using to power from the PSU? Are they custom or can they be bought from somewhere?
legendary
This is not OK.

Yep, everything. No inefficient, messy, bulky wall-wart PSUs here Smiley
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
legendary
thank you p_shep... i will try it
legendary
This is not OK.
For ztex, look at this page:

http://wiki.ztex.de/doku.php?id=en:software:usb_ids

I think it may be possible by setting up the ztex usb device vendor/product ID there as a character device / modprobe.
Though I don't know how.
legendary
right...

there is no Cypress (CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit) driver for ztex available.
this is the reason and the end of my trying.

thank you
legendary
This is not OK.
After a quick google, I'm not seeing any cypress drivers for openwrt... maybe it's a no-go???
legendary
This is not OK.
May need to load the kernel module for the serial driver, whatever that is for ztex.
So the first step is to get that working - make sure you can access or see the serial device in /devs (whatever the path may be).

See in S45serialmodule where the modules are loaded.
Then in cgminer.sh TTYNAME and TTYDIR select the path to the serial port.
legendary
my situation:

TP-Link MR3420 + ztex board single

steps:
1. open-wrt installed
2. ztex board connected on mr3420
3. the cypress usb-serial of the ztex board not recognized from open-wrt (no driver available)
no /dev/usb/tts found...

any idea ?
legendary
This is not OK.
Upped to CGminer 4.3.1:
https://github.com/downloads/pshep/cgminer/cgminer-2.4.1-mipsel.tar.gz

No Ztex though, optware doesn't have libusb 1.0+ so can't compile cgminer with it enabled.

Edit:
I downloaded and compiled the latest libusb source... cross-compiled nice and easily, and cgminer compiled OK with that. No way to test it though. I can send what I have if anyone want to try it?

Edit 2:
CGminer compiled with ztex runs Smiley That's all I can say. Available here to try:
https://github.com/downloads/pshep/cgminer/cgminer-2.4.1-mipsel-ztex.tar.gz
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
4 units now happily working on this. Just plugged them in and reset.

Sweet.
legendary
This is not OK.
4 units now happily working on this. Just plugged them in and reset.
legendary
This is not OK.
service is an executable, maybe there is a pkg with it you can install?

As far as I can tell though, it doesn't do much... 'Service XXX on' just make the XXX script executable, so it runs. You can probably just as easily get the scripts working manually.
'service' just makes things neater, such as prints the list of running services, does the chmods to enable/disable scripts etc.
Pages:
Jump to: