Pages:
Author

Topic: CGMINER Windows build for TECHNOBIT's Boards - page 3. (Read 22469 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 250
Unfortunately we are rapidly approaching the end of the line for the useful life of this miner.  Considering the power consumption is just under 4 watts per GH. 
Activity: 448
wow fantastic
This is very good, let me try this
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
In that case you would use the 4 pin molex connector from the ATX power supply, or the SATA connector through the following adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WSUZH0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other options for troubleshooting this could include:

- Try this on a different computer.  I had to eventually give up on trying to get this to work on one of my computers.
 - Try adding a USB hub between the computer and the miner.  Use a different USB cable to make sure you have a good one.  Also, certain computers don't play nice with the miner's USB connection.
 - Try using a different ATX power supply.
 - If all else fails, you could still use the original Hexminer software.  I ran it for a couple months with my miners, before I was able to figure out how to get cgminer for windows to work.  It is less stable and crashes more easily, but still works ok.
Now I got to work on my hex16b2. Thanks you for helping!!
In that case you would use the 4 pin molex connector from the ATX power supply, or the SATA connector through the following adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WSUZH0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The other options for troubleshooting this could include:

- Try this on a different computer.  I had to eventually give up on trying to get this to work on one of my computers.
 - Try adding a USB hub between the computer and the miner.  Use a different USB cable to make sure you have a good one.  Also, certain computers don't play nice with the miner's USB connection.
 - Try using a different ATX power supply.
 - If all else fails, you could still use the original Hexminer software.  I ran it for a couple months with my miners, before I was able to figure out how to get cgminer for windows to work.  It is less stable and crashes more easily, but still works ok.
You haven't specified which configuration your power connector is on the miner.  The older boards were all 4 pin molex, and the more recent ones replaced that with 2 screw (R2) terminals to accept 2 wires that are 16-18 AWG.   The 4 pin molex type board can be supplied with either the 4 pin molex connector or the SATA with a SATA to 4 pin molex adapter.  I had to buy a couple of those because I ran out of the 4 pin molex power connectors.

With the 2 screw in connector, there are several options: Molex, Sata, PCI-E, and CPU lines.  So long as you don't try to use the motherboard connector.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3pahbBnsNeA/U4TiORzKkwI/AAAAAAAAABc/bju5BQfDg0I/w649-h865-no/2014-05-25+18.52.40.jpg
What connectors should I use? I have tried the molex connector, but it hasn't worked. Any ideas?
The power supply itself should be fine, I was just indicating that troubleshooting the quality of your connection to the tecnobit miner would be a good place to start.
My Power supply is Fractal desing tesla R2 500W http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/power-supplies/tesla/tesla-r2-500w I also think that my problem is due to the power supply. Should this power supply work on hex16b2 Miners?
Also, you can try to plug in the device's USB cable to the router/computer only after cgminer has fully started.  That makes a difference for me.

Sometimes the power supply is not properly connected to your device.  If it is the 4 pin molar connector type, sometimes you can get it to start after unplugging the connector and reinserting it to make sure you have the plug firmly connected.  If it is the two screw wire connection type, then you have some extra work to do in order to make sure that you have a good electrical connection.  Use the proper gauge of wire to ensure a snug fit.  I use the power from the PCI-e power supply connector.  You must observe the pin-out diagrams of the PCI-e connector:  

Ground is on the clip side of the connector, and +12 v is on the side without the clip.  The connection to the miner 2 pin screw terminal is red (+12 v) to the right terminal (the outer edge of the circuit board) and the black wire (ground) in the left screw terminal (pointing in the direction of the fan).

The tricky part for the power supply  when using the PCI-e connector is making a reliable connection that will not be tugged out inadvertently.  Something I learned by trial and error when I would come back and notice that the miner had lost power because the wires got loose and lost connection.
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good
Try:

Code:
"set_default_to_b" : true,

also set voltage to 900mv

Code:
"hexminerb-voltage" : "900",
"hexminerb-options" : "16:540",
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-u9M3YB9tld0/U325noLwOsI/AAAAAAAABj4/CsdJROSz4rc/s660/cgminerpic2.png
How can I get my HEx16b2 board mining? I tried change conf file settings but I don't get it to work. Can you help me?
Cgminer download link doesn't work. Could you fix it?

Links updated, sorry about that.

On the next build I'll add support for BFL and other common ASIC devices
Thanks

Links updated, sorry about that.

On the next build I'll add support for BFL and other common ASIC devices
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
I have a BFL Jalapeno i wish to run with HEXC can anyone help me with that???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as a side not about the HEXC units, Make sure they run on there on rail of power.

I have 3 of these and used to run them from my power supply along the same rail and they would fail after about 10 hours, Then i split 2 of them on 1 rail and 1 on the other, They started to last about 12 hours without 1 failing, Then i finally made the effort to split them all onto one rail each.

They now run @ 16:1400mhz / 1060 mv and run smooth as a babies bum 24/7

Moral to the story Separate Rail Of Power For Each HEXC Unit U Have!
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Works perfect with a hexb and hexc board.
Did you also activate support for other miners? I still have 2 bfl 60 i would like to run in one cgminer together with the hex miners
My commands are all in a line, but I was able to muddle through and get custom clocks running. 

You can open the config file with notepad++
Activity: 2
Thank you for posting the Conf file, it helped a whole lot.  My commands are all in a line, but I was able to muddle through and get custom clocks running.  I was able to hit 27gh/s, but it was heating the whole 2nd floor of my house, and I had 5% hardware errors.  OOPs, too much.  Thanks again.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
Code:
My conf if anyone needs a guide

[code{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
"user" : "removed",
"pass" : "XXX"
},
{
"url" : "eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
"user" : "removed",
"pass" : "XXX"
}
]
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"set_default_to_c" : true,
"hexminerc-voltage" : "1000",
"hexminerc-options" : "16:1300",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
]

I use a 3 X Hec16C boards & hash at around 60Gh - Nice & stable too.
Pages:
Jump to: