Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 18. (Read 180386 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
That is the correct way to set 4 voltages, four comma-separated values. What is Windows set to use for a decimal separator? There may still be an issue I need to fix, particularly when it comes to culture settings that use comma (,) as the decimal separator. The option to turn off validation before saving is there for occasions like this where you know it's right and CGWatcher is wrong.

You can add coins by going to the Settings tab, click 'Other Tools...' then select Coin Manager from the menu. Scroll to the bottom of the grid and enter the new coin on the last row. This is new so please report any problems.

As for the collection, I misunderstood but now I'm left with no idea. Is the culture settings on that computer set to Russian? Since it works correct on one computer and is Russian on the other, my guess is it's related to the computer's language/culture settings (although I would still expect a button to appear). The collection items in the grid are something I don't handle specifically, it is done automatically by the control. I don't actually set it to display the word "(collection)" anywhere in code. If it's a property, it displays its value; if it's a collection it shows (collection) [...]. Or that's how it's supposed to work anyway. Are there any pools in the config file you're trying to edit?

A workaround would be to use Notepad to edit pools, which you can do by clicking the Notepad button anywhere you see it next to the config file path. I've created an example config file here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CEz1Vgvn to show the correct format.

You can check language/culture settings by going to Control Panel -> Region and Language. Click Additional settings... to see number formatting settings like group and decimal separators. CGWatcher also lists what some culture settings in the Report tab. Even if set to Russian, it should still work (I believe) because CGWatcher is used by miners in 70+ countries, including Russia, and this issue has never been reported. What OS is it running? Also maybe try re-installing/repairing .NET Framework 4.0? I'm just guessing now... I can't get much help from searching because they all translate the word to English for me.

Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Thanks, this was a bug related to culture settings. It should be fixed if you download again, if not let me know.

Also, you can un-check the Validate before saving checkbox to skip validation checks before the config file is saved. This will allow you to save config files even if CGWatcher thinks the values are incorrect. But that is a workaround and I'd prefer to fix any bugs causing validation to fail.
Thanks for reporting.

milone, how should I specify voltage 4 video cards? If I'm pointing out like gpu-vddc" : "1.050,1.050,1.165,1.165", then the configuration file does not pass validation.
Milone, the matter is that I cannot open the "collection" for editing, as it is written in Russian ("Кoллeкция"), on the other machine is in English and there are no problems.
Actually everything is intuitive and made great, for which great thanks!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
If you click on the word (collection), a button will appear next to it with three dots (...). Click this button to open the pools editor. I admit it's not very intuitive, but it's an existing control that was quick to implement.

When the pools editor opens (which is a similar, smaller window) you can add, edit, and remove pools, and use the up and down arrow buttons to change the pool priorities.

The window your looking for (second image) has been replaced by the new window you've found (third image). It has the same options, but options are filtered as other options are selected, so some may appear or disapper. It's the same idea, building a sentence describing the action but instead of the layout being horizontal it is now vertical.
Hello,milone!
I want to report the features of the program . I have two computers, one is all right with the management of pools, and in the other I can't open the manage pools, as well as the word "Collection" is indicated in Russian language. Screenshot attached. How fix this?

Please add (MEM)MemeCoin in menu "Select coin" Profile Manager.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Scheduled actions are not persisted through restarts caused by the 'Restart' button being clicked.

Regarding the "persist through miner restarts" option (this is shown when the mouse is over the checkbox and also in the Readme)...

If checked, this action will be applied after miner restarts until
stopped by a stop time or user-initiated miner stop. This means the
action will continue to be applied until one of the following occur:

- Stop button is clicked
  - Restart button is clicked
  - the action reaches its stop time (if one is set)
  - the action is disabled
  - the action is deleted

The action will be re-applied after restart if one of the following
occurs (assuming it has not reached its stop time):

- Pause Mining button is clicked, then miner is started again
  - miner is restarted by Monitor
  - miner is restarted by another scheduled action
  - miner is restarted by CGRemote

If the action should fail to be re-applied three consecutive times,
it is temporarily disabled until the next time the miner restarts.

(The last sentence may be different if you've changed the number of attempts for scheduled actions in the last setting in the Monitor tab.)

If you want to restart the miner and have this action persisted, you can use the 'Pause Mining' button to stop the miner, then start it again. 'Pause Mining' works differently than the 'Restart' and 'Stop' buttons because it allows scheduled actions to persist through restarting the miner. So if you want the action to be re-applied, click 'Pause Mining' then 'Start' or 'Start Mining' and it will resume where it left off.

I did it this way because if you clicked the 'Restart' or 'Stop' button, it knows you are at the computer and assumes if you want to re-disable the device you can do it yourself (as opposed to monitor or scheduler restarts which may occur when you are not present). But I also wanted to have a way to pause or restart mining without disrupting persistable scheduled actions, so the 'Pause Mining' button allows you to do this.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
CGWatcher & CGRemote
If you can send me more information, I'll see what is going wrong. Specifically, after a restart occurs and it does not get re-applied, go to the Tests tab and click Create Debug Report. Then email me that information... it should give some info as to why it failed in the included log entries.

Initially there was a problem with CGWatcher trying to re-apply the actions too soon after restart, before the device information was updated. This meant it skipped re-applying actions to a device because the device status hadn't been updated yet so was still showing as Inactive. I made some changes to help ensure this wouldn't happen, but it may need to be adjusted more.
legendary
Yeah that disable button applies only to the current miner process, as do any other changes in that tab. Allowing these changes to be saved to the config file (or arguments) is on the to-do list, but I'm not sure how soon I'll get to it.

I would suggest instead creating a scheduled action to disable that GPU for whatever period of time you'd like, and when creating the action check the "Persist through miner restarts..." checkbox so it is re-applied if the miner is restarted. Hold your mouse over this checkbox to see more information on when it is or isn't re-applied.

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I created scheduled action "Persist through miner restarts..." ..but it don't work in BFGminer.. Huh After the restart a disabled GPU running again! Huh  (about Cgminer don't know, I don't use it because he doesn't work correctly on my configuration)
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Yeah that disable button applies only to the current miner process, as do any other changes in that tab. Allowing these changes to be saved to the config file (or arguments) is on the to-do list, but I'm not sure how soon I'll get to it.

I would suggest instead creating a scheduled action to disable that GPU for whatever period of time you'd like, and when creating the action check the "Persist through miner restarts..." checkbox so it is re-applied if the miner is restarted. Hold your mouse over this checkbox to see more information on when it is or isn't re-applied.
legendary
I have another small problem. When I press the button "Disable device", everything works fine, GPU is disabled. But when scheduler is switching profiles or miner restarts, device starts to work again, and I have to press the button again to disable the device.

How can I disable the device for a long time, with using switching profiles? or it can be fixed?
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
... Please try 1.3.0.2, I think I have fixed this problem and a few others related to starting the miner. ...

With 1.3.0.2 everything works fine. Thank you!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I'm sorry, that was a misunderstanding on my part. I didn't realize the miner actually wasn't starting (so the IsProcessAlive function was working properly). Please try 1.3.0.2, I think I have fixed this problem and a few others related to starting the miner. If this doesn't fix it, please try starting the miner using 1.3.0.2, then after it fails to start go to the Tests tab and click Create Debug Report, and email me the information displayed. It should tell me everything I would need to know to find what is going wrong.

But I think 1.3.0.2 should fix it.
Can you download again and see if this problem still exists? The download should now be version 1.3.0.1 (still called CGWatcher-1.3.0.rar).
CGMiner is starting, right? CGWatcher is just not picking it up? (And is probably therefore closing it and trying again?)

EDIT: Sorry, I just made another change. I noticed the "MinerExecutable" property in your log was incorrect, so that should now big fixed as well. The MD5 for this is CD8FB3886E35A16D7A62B3DDBCCEFC8D.

Nothing has changed

Code:
[26.08.2013 20:23:38]         -- Begin CGWatcher v1.3.0.1 Process -------------------------------------------------------
[26.08.2013 20:23:39]    [d] WER DontShowUI value exists (1) and was set to 1 (disabled).
[26.08.2013 20:23:40]        Active profile is "ltcmine"
[26.08.2013 20:23:40]        No CGMiner instance found.
[26.08.2013 20:23:40]        Preparing to launch CGMiner in 10 second(s)...
[26.08.2013 20:23:41]        Monitoring is turned on at 10 second intervals.
[26.08.2013 20:23:44]        User clicked Start Mining button. Attempting to start miner...
[26.08.2013 20:23:44]    [d] Miner.StartMining called. [Profile=ltcmine;MinerFile=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerFileUsed=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerExecutable=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;Config=C:\My Programs\Miners\CGWatcher-1.3.0.1\temp.conf (C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\ltcmine);Arguments=--config ""C:\My Programs\Miners\CGWatcher-1.3.0.1\temp.conf"" --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1;Anticipated Port=4028;Used Port=4028;IsBatCmd=False;BatCmdPath=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe (C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe);LastKnownInstanceCount=0/0]
[26.08.2013 20:23:45]    [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(4332) returns False. [First try, test process is nothing.  ex: Пpoцecc c идeнтификaтopoм 4332 нe выпoлняeтcя.] (CPID4332/CMPID=4332/CBPID=0)
[26.08.2013 20:23:45]    [d] Waiting for CGMiner to initialize API. Process 4332 alive=False, minerid=4332.
[26.08.2013 20:23:46]    [d] Watch for miner, expected process is 4332 (not alive).
[26.08.2013 20:23:46]    [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 4332, expecting port 4028.
[26.08.2013 20:23:47]    [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 0 (not alive).
[26.08.2013 20:23:47]    [d] CGMiner process 0 not alive at Miner.StartMining exit.
[26.08.2013 20:23:47]        Start miner failed on 1st attempt. Killing any remaining processes.
[26.08.2013 20:23:47]    [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(4332) returns False. [First try, test process is nothing.  ex: Пpoцecc c идeнтификaтopoм 4332 нe выпoлняeтcя.] (CPID0/CMPID=0/CBPID=0)
[26.08.2013 20:23:47]    [d] Miner.StartMining called. [Profile=ltcmine;MinerFile......

I'm still on version 1.2.8.1
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Can you download again and see if this problem still exists? The download should now be version 1.3.0.1 (still called CGWatcher-1.3.0.rar).

It seems the method I'm using to check that the miner process is still running is saying that it isn't... but it only happens on some computers. Maybe it's a permission issue? There are now a few different methods for checking - the overkill approach - until I can pinpoint the exact problem. Oddly enough this particular code has not been changed in any recent versions.

CGMiner is starting, right? CGWatcher is just not picking it up? (And is probably therefore closing it and trying again?)

EDIT: Sorry, I just made another change. I noticed the "MinerExecutable" property in your log was incorrect, so that should now big fixed as well. The MD5 for this is CD8FB3886E35A16D7A62B3DDBCCEFC8D.
I cannot run CGMiner (with CGWatcher version 1.2.9, 1.3.0) with the next record in the log file:

[26.08.2013 8:07:05]     [d] Waiting for CGMiner to initialize API. Process 2112 alive=False, minerid=2112.
[26.08.2013 8:07:06]     [d] Watch for miner, expected process is 2112 (not alive).
[26.08.2013 8:07:06]     [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 2112, expecting port 4028.
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 0 (not alive).
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] CGMiner process 0 not alive at Miner.StartMining exit.
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]         Start miner failed on 1st attempt. Killing any remaining processes.
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(2112) returns False. [First try, test process is nothing.] (CPID0/CMPID=0/CBPID=0)
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] Miner.StartMining called. [Profile=ltcmine;MinerFile=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerFileUsed=C:\My Programs\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerExecutable=D:\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe;Config=D:\Miners\CGWatcher-1.3.0\temp.conf (D:\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\ltcmine);Arguments=--config ""D:\Miners\CGWatcher-1.3.0\temp.conf"" --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1;Anticipated Port=4028;Used Port=4028;IsBatCmd=False;BatCmdPath=D:\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe (D:\Miners\cgminer-3.4.0-windows\cgminer.exe);LastKnownInstanceCount=0/0]
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(4424) returns False. [First try, test process is nothing.] (CPID4424/CMPID=4424/CBPID=0)
[26.08.2013 8:07:08]     [d] Waiting for CGMiner to initialize API. Process 4424 alive=False, minerid=4424.

with version 1.2.8.1 everything is working fine with the same settings
CGWatcher & CGRemote
In regard to the last couple comments, 1.3.0 is now available...

Coins can now be created, edited, and modified in Coin Manager, accessible in Settings tab -> 'Other Tools...' button menu. You can also set to not remove individual coins, even if they drop from CoinChoose. (coins used in any of your profiles are already not removed)

Also notifications are displayed when new coins are found on CoinChoose, in case you want to get a head start on mining. If you don't happen to see the notification, a log entry is also created. (you can turn this off in the Settings tab)

Also profile switching should once again be skipped if the profile is already in use so the miner won't be restarted.

I did make some minor changes that should hopefully improve API enabling, but if you still have this issue please send me the debug report created in the Tests tab.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I use sheduled action Swith profile to 1st most profitable every 3 min
When i updated to version 1.2.9 i see this:

[24.08.2013 16:41:27]        Scheduler: switching to mine CryptogenicBullion using "CGB" because it is currently 1st most profitable.
[24.08.2013 16:41:27]    [d] Miner.Restart begin.
[24.08.2013 16:41:27]        Because the miner is set to a .BAT file, I will attempt to stop and then start the miner so the .BAT is reloaded...     Huh  Huh

And now cgminer restarted every 3 min.. Huh even when the profile is already most profitable..
so...why?

In previous versions when profile is switching and it a most profitable in this time, it was so:

[24.08.2013 16:49:23]   Ignored scheduled "Switch profile to 1st most profitable every 3 min" because CryptogenicBullion is already being mined using the active profile.

I have to roll back to a previous version..  please fix this issue

Roll Eyes sorry for the google translate

This was removed accidentally in 1.2.9, and while it isn't necessarily a problem... when you're switching profiles every 3 minutes it is restarting the miner every 3 minutes so I'll be fixing this to go back to ignoring actions if the profile is already active.

Dear Milone

1. Since auto update to version 1.2.9 CGWatcher could not get API access. When i switch back to 1.2.8.1 everything works normal. Is this a known behavior?

2. How cann i add manually REDCoin, Philosopherstone and Memecoin?

3. Thank you so much for your hard work!

regards

1. No, this has not been reported. If you can use 1.2.9 to start the miner (and reproduce this problem), then go to the Tests tab and click 'Create Debug Report' and send me the results, I'll try to find where the problem is. I particularly need to see what settings it is using when starting the miner, which is all listed in that report.

2. I originally stored coins in CGWatcher.exe.ini for this reason and to have the coins saved in case coinchoose was ever down. But because of recent changes that remove non-mined coins that aren't on coinchoose, I'll have to handle this differently. Otherwise coins added to the ini file will be removed the next time profitability data is updated, unless the coin is used in a profile. But you wouldn't be able to link it to a profile because it would be removed on startup when profitability data is updated.

In other words, I have to fix this. I'll also make a form to add coins manually so editing the ini file won't be necessary.

3. Thanks.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Dear Milone

1. Since auto update to version 1.2.9 CGWatcher could not get API access. When i switch back to 1.2.8.1 everything works normal. Is this a known behavior?

2. How cann i add manually REDCoin, Philosopherstone and Memecoin?

3. Thank you so much for your hard work!

regards
legendary
I use sheduled action Swith profile to 1st most profitable every 3 min
When i updated to version 1.2.9 i see this:

[24.08.2013 16:41:27]        Scheduler: switching to mine CryptogenicBullion using "CGB" because it is currently 1st most profitable.
[24.08.2013 16:41:27]    [d] Miner.Restart begin.
[24.08.2013 16:41:27]        Because the miner is set to a .BAT file, I will attempt to stop and then start the miner so the .BAT is reloaded...     Huh  Huh

And now cgminer restarted every 3 min.. Huh even when the profile is already most profitable..
so...why?

In previous versions when profile is switching and it a most profitable in this time, it was so:

[24.08.2013 16:49:23]   Ignored scheduled "Switch profile to 1st most profitable every 3 min" because CryptogenicBullion is already being mined using the active profile.

I have to roll back to a previous version..  please fix this issue

Roll Eyes sorry for the google translate
Pages:
Jump to: