Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 22. (Read 180386 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
cool stuff milone.. i know this question was asked a gazillion times, but where are you with CGRemote? Hope you don't mind the question
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Yes, but this requires one instance of CGWatcher per miner. And currently you need to run each instance from a separate folder, otherwise they will overwrite each other's settings in the INI file. I will fix this in the future, but CGRemote is my current priority. Getting this to work is pretty simple, but I'll try to give as much detail as I can so it may seem complicated until you read through the steps. The basic idea is setting up two CGWatchers, each using a unique API port so they don't communicate with the wrong miner.

So assuming you want to run two miners, cgminer using GPUs and bfgminer using ASICs...

1. Setup your desired profiles and settings in CGWatcher. Make sure you have one profile for cgminer using GPUs and another profile for bfgminer using the ASICs.

2. Copy the CGWatcher folder to another location, so if the original is C:\Mining\CGWatcher, you could name the second copy C:\Mining\CGWatcherB. Or you could put one CGWatcher folder inside of the other one. The important thing is that each has its own folder and therefore its own cgwatcher.exe.ini file.

3. With all miners closed, open CGWatcher A (the one you want to use with ccgminer) and go to the Settings tab. Make sure the 'Miner IP Address' setting is set to 127.0.0.1:4028 and check the 'Use only this API port' checkbox. Click Save Settings to save the changes.

4. Start the other CGWatcher (B, the one you want to use with bfgminer) and do the same, but this time change the 'Miner IP Address' to 127.0.0.1:4029. Click Save Settings.

So you should now have both CGWatchers running and each is using a different port. You can set the port number to any port number not in use, but 4028 and 4029 should work for most people.

5. In each CGWatcher instance, set the profile you want that instance to use. So CGWatcher A would use a cgminer profile setup to use GPUs, and CGWatcher B would use a bfgminer profile setup to use ASICs.

6. Start the miner in CGWatcher A, then start the miner in CGWatcher B.

The other option is trying to get GPUs and ASICs working all in one miner, but I understand that is not always preferable as different versions might work better with certain devices. If you have any questions or problems, let me know.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I've been using this with CGMiner and some GPUs. Last night, I added some of the USB stick ASICs. I ended up running BFGMiner for them, simultaneous with CGMiner for the GPUs. Is there a way to have CGWatcher working for both mining programs at the same time? Or is there some other way to make sure BFGMiner keeps going/restarts if there are problems?
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Version 1.2.3 is available. I updated the original post but if you're already here, the most prominent changes in this update are:

• Restart computer if accepted or total share count doesn't change for N minutes.
  • Config files can now be set to URLs in Profile Manager.
  • New scheduled action: change intensity for specified GPU.
  • Switch to most profitable, most profitable (adjusted), most profitable (average), lowest difficulty, highest reward, lowest network hashrate, lowest network hashrate (average), or next profile.
  • For each of the conditional profile changes, you can set 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. to get 1st most profitable, 2nd most profitable, 3rd most profitable, etc. of the coins you mine (have linked to a profile)
  • New scheduled action frequencies: Run on specific date at specific time, run when computer becomes idle, run when computer becomes no longer idle, run when specified program starts, run when specified program stops. These can trigger any scheduled action.
  • Allow customization of FPGA and ASIC devices to correct the miner reporting them incorrectly (e.g. BFGMiner reporting all ASICs as FPGAs. You can even create custom codes and names for devices.
  • Performance improvements, including CGWatcher startup.
  • Auto-update option with included utility to automatically update to new versions.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Regarding CGRemote... the core functionality is all working and there will be a closed beta soon, hopefully next week. How soon before release depends on how that goes, but I don't expect too long. The latest version of CGWatcher supports it, though additional features will be added with each new version. I'll be posting more info and updates on the CGRemote page and will create a forum post when it is ready.
Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?
Any news about CGRemote, milone?
i want the consolidated miner overview module...i hope it comes soon
CGWatcher & CGRemote
A similar problem was reported today in the Newbie thread. I didn't realize coins would drop off of Coinchoose if they had no buy orders. I would have guessed maybe the profitability would be unknown, but not for it to disappear completely. I'll be addressing this issue today.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Im currently mining {Most profitable adjusted} (right now is infinite coin) but when i go to the profitability page to check, it doesn't show infinite coin at all even after a restart or if the refresh button is pressed. Any ideas?
i was wondering if you can implement and auto update or at least check for update feature.

EDIT: just saw you added that.. thanks!
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Version 1.2.0 is available. I've updated the original post and download page with most changes and new features.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I just uploaded 1.1.9. I am hoping it will resolve any reported issues with batch files, among other improvements.

There is also a donation mining option in the Schedule tab. Please consider donating a small portion of your mining time to support this project and CGRemote.

Batch files are working great!  I emailed you a debug on the donation mining... it crashed when I enabled it.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I just uploaded 1.1.9. I am hoping it will resolve any reported issues with batch files, among other improvements.

There is also a donation mining option in the Schedule tab. Please consider donating a small portion of your mining time to support this project and CGRemote.
PM'd... not sure what happened but it worked after I started it up.  Maybe right now it is just requiring me to restart the program after adding a new profile with a batch in it?

CGWatcher & CGRemote
I'm working on it right now... well, that and trying to add full support for "include" in config files. Someone else said batch files were not working correctly, but I need more info because the batch files I've created for testing all work.

I've tried to make getting this info as easy as possible. After starting the miner in 1.1.8.0c, go to Tests tab and click Create Debug Report, then preferably email me the results because it is a lot of text. This debug report should show the contents of your batch file near the bottom. If it doesn't, could you send me that as well? If it is not included in the report it may be related to the same issue causing it to fail to monitor the miner correctly.

I'm using 1.1.8.0.c and I can't get it to read my batch file.  It says the path isn't valid.  Played around with it and it just isn't working. It keeps giving me the "I was unable to start and establish communication with CGMiner" error and telling me to check the path and arguments.  Not sure what the problem is because the batch file works fine if I run it through Windows and the path is correct when I edit the batch via CGWatcher.

I got 1.1.6.0 to run my batch just fine.  But it doesn't load the API correctly and then fails.

1.1.7.0 has about a 5-10% chance of running my batch file, and then everything works well.

This has been a frustrating experience, but I am sure the programming is much more frustrating!  Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I am having issues with loading the batch still with the newest version.  

Edit: Anyways, I will toss another 0.01 BTC your way if you help me get this to work.  I know it's not much, but I really do appreciate the work you have put into this program Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
No... it is currently Windows-only. CGRemote will work with it, but it's not finished yet.

How's it going with cgremote - any ETA yet?

Peace  Smiley
CGWatcher & CGRemote
No... it is currently Windows-only. CGRemote will work with it, but it's not finished yet.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058
The OGz Club
Can this be used somehow with a raspberry pi and minepeon?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
i tried 1.1.8.0b, removed the 2 lines in my config file and it works, no problem, hashrate is ok  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: