Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 19. (Read 180386 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
ajw107: 1.2.9 is available now and should fix the problem you were having with config file paths including spaces. Thanks for reporting this.
Brilliant, it works perfectly.  Thank you for all your hard work.
Alex
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
ajw107: 1.2.9 is available now and should fix the problem you were having with config file paths including spaces. Thanks for reporting this.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
The variables are the two environmental ones needed to be set for LTC mining (they are the first two lines in the bat file)
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
Just FYI, those 2 settings are permanent don't need to run them every time.
Really? I would have thought the scope would have been within the Dos Box lifetimne, or at the very most until a reboot.  That is worrying.

Yes, those commands add them to the windows environment variables.

Type 'set' from a command prompt it will show the list and you will see them in there
CGWatcher & CGRemote
No problem. It is fixed, I just haven't finished the update yet. There were some issues with the scheduler I've had to work out. I think (hope) I'm about done so it will be available soon.
The variables are the two environmental ones needed to be set for LTC mining (they are the first two lines in the bat file)
Really? I would have thought the scope would have been within the Dos Box lifetimne, or at the very most until a reboot.  That is worrying.
Sorry, I wasn't feeling very well yesterday.  I know you edited the post to say you fixed the problem, but just in case here is the debug info (plus it forced me to install Click.To, which I'm very happy about)!
http://pastebin.com/zPrmuPN0
Alex
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I realize what you're saying, I just don't understand where the problem is occurring. Anything inside quotes is treated as a single argument, at least it's supposed to be. Can you try to start the miner (to reproduce this problem), then go to the Tests tab and click 'Create Debug Report', then email the report to my email address in the Readme? I'd like to reproduce your profile and folder structure and see if I can find where this is occurring.

When creating the batch file, it removes any config file in the miner arguments and then adds the config file to the end. This seems like the obvious place this problem is occurring, but when I tried it earlier using your arguments, miner path, and config file path, it worked as expected.

I thought by "variables" you meant CGWatcher variables... so you can disregard that. The setx commands shouldn't be an issue here.

Also, I didn't change the version number for the update to 1.2.8.1, which is why it didn't say an update was available. I figured I'd make sure this was fixed first, and have been adding a lot of CGRemote-related features today so I figured I'd hold off until that was done.

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem. An update will be available shortly.
I use one as I am mining LTC, so I need to set the two variables beforehand.  But the temp bat file seems to mess up if there are spaces in the temp config (i.e. CGWatcher) path.  e.g:
Original Bat File:
"D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe"  --config "D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.conf"

Temp Bat File:
"D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --api-port 4029 --config "D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf"
What are the variables you're using?

I've tested version 1.2.8.1 (oh by the way, it didn't get picked up when I clicked 'Check for updates', not sure why).  Unfortunately the problem is still there for some reason.  It's weird, as the unquoted and cropped temp.conf file path Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf shouldn't even be there, as it's properly quoted and has the full file path and --config argument at the end!?!?!  It looks like maybe something left over from a split or last element in an array being left there.  It is also possible that if you are reading in the cgminer line from the original conf file that it treats the path as two tokens (even though it is quoted), and the Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf is actually just garbage not removed as there is one more token than expected.  Just guesses of course, hope you manage to find the cause.
Alex
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I use one as I am mining LTC, so I need to set the two variables beforehand.  But the temp bat file seems to mess up if there are spaces in the temp config (i.e. CGWatcher) path.  e.g:
Original Bat File:
"D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe"  --config "D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.conf"

Temp Bat File:
"D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --api-port 4029 --config "D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\CGWatcher-1.2.7\temp.conf"

What are the variables you're using? I couldn't find anything that jumped out as the reason this would happen, but admittedly this code needed some cleaning up so I did make some changes and tested using the filenames you've listed. I just uploaded this as version 1.2.8.1. Please download and try this version and see if the problem still exists. If it does, let me know what variables you're using and where so I can keep digging.

Thanks

EDIT: I had hard-coded a path while trying to reproduce this bug and forgot to remove it before uploading. It was only online for about 30 minutes at most, so if you updated to 1.2.8.1 within the first ~45 minutes of release please download again. This includes any auto-update that occurred during this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Start miner/Restart miner re-written to create temporary copies of config files and batch files so originals aren't modified in case they're being shared. Improved handling for batch files with longer wait times.

Hi, there seems to be a bug with this new feature if you start the miner using a bat file.  I use one as I am mining LTC, so I need to set the two variables beforehand.  But the temp bat file seems to mess up if there are spaces in the temp config (i.e. CGWatcher) path.  e.g:
Original Bat File:
"D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe"  --config "D:\Windows Folders\Downloads\Compressed\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.conf"

Temp Bat File:

Note how the path to the temp file is not quoted, and starts at "Folders", chopping off the initial "D:\Windows "

Just though you should should know.  Also I have to congratulate you for a brilliant program, the ability to restart a GPU/ASIC when sick and you aren't there is a lifesaver.  Plus the program is so configurable, easy to use, and love that it describes the config file settings, and automates a few things.
Alex
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
I get a number of errors when trying to run this:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Up1xV5mR

I didn't see anything in the readme about installing dependencies, but it seems like several assemblies are not on my system (Windows 8 64bit w/ Visual Studio 2012 installed) that are assumed to be there...

Nevermind, there was a piece of software on my computer that was auto-deleting "old" files from my download folder and it deleted all the dependencies as soon as they were extracted.  I extracted the archive to a different location and it works.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
And yes Milone, people do read those things  Wink  Thank you for your work.

Hey man,

is your name on here a Godzilla, or Glassjaw reference?

Godzilla
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I have a problem with the frequency it is checking the CoinChoose site. I have it set to check every 5 mins, but it only updates every 10-12 mins. Is there somewhere else I need to set to get it to pull the data?

The interval for updating profitability data is stored in the CoinRefreshInterval setting in CGWatcher.exe.ini. The value is in minutes, and the minimum is 5 (anything lower will be changed to 5).

What happens now when a scheduled action to switch profiles based on profitability (or related fields) occurs, it checks to see if the data was updated within the last 15 minutes, and if not it updates it before switching profiles to make sure it is using current data to base its profile selection on.

I've changed this so that now when this type of scheduled action occurs, it will always update coin data before selecting a profile unless it had already been updated within the past 5 minutes. This is to reduce unnecessary requests from coinchoose. So this change will be in version 1.2.7. If you think it should be handled differently I'm open to suggestions.
That is what I needed, great support, thanks.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I have a problem with the frequency it is checking the CoinChoose site. I have it set to check every 5 mins, but it only updates every 10-12 mins. Is there somewhere else I need to set to get it to pull the data?

The interval for updating profitability data is stored in the CoinRefreshInterval setting in CGWatcher.exe.ini. The value is in minutes, and the minimum is 5 (anything lower will be changed to 5).

What happens now when a scheduled action to switch profiles based on profitability (or related fields) occurs, it checks to see if the data was updated within the last 15 minutes, and if not it updates it before switching profiles to make sure it is using current data to base its profile selection on.

I've changed this so that now when this type of scheduled action occurs, it will always update coin data before selecting a profile unless it had already been updated within the past 5 minutes. This is to reduce unnecessary requests from coinchoose. So this change will be in version 1.2.7. If you think it should be handled differently I'm open to suggestions.

MonsterZero, samfisher: Good to know. It is satisfying as a developer to list everything I've fixed or improved, even though I suspect most users never read changelogs. But I occasionally forget to write down changes if I didn't already have them on the to-do list, so I figured if I got a response from that it would help me remember.  Wink
Activity: 624
Merit: 502

Hey man,

is your name on here a Godzilla, or Glassjaw reference?

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Activity: 319
Activity: 406
This is pretty awesome. Will be using this later on, once I got my mining rig up again.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I don't have an Avalon so I hadn't considered it. There are so many devices coming out that I think keeping the GUI device-independent is best at the moment.

I think CGRemote should work well for this though. It's a Windows application but can monitor and control local and remote miners on any OS. It's currently being tested by a group of users, so I haven't posted here yet. But I'd estimate its release sometime in the next couple weeks.

More info and video demo:

http://manotechnology.blogspot.com/p/cgremote.html

Pages:
Jump to: