Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 9. (Read 180386 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Thanks. Yeah, I'll release a minor CGWatcher update tomorrow (Saturday) and I should also be releasing a major CGRemote update Sunday or Monday.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Congrats on the new gig!

Can I get the updated cgwatcher version with UNC paths?  Smiley
CGWatcher & CGRemote
There was definitely an agreement drawn up and signed... so there was print. Just not fine print that snuck in anything bad. I was working at a company that made store displays (e.g. if Western Digital wanted to display hard drives in Best Buy... that sort of thing).
CGWatcher & CGRemote
"Bought out" isn't what I would call it. This wasn't really about just buying the software... it was about me joining the team and bringing the software with me. I'm now working full-time at CoinMyne as VP of Software Development, where I'll lead all software projects - including CGWatcher and CGRemote. This has come up several times today so I'll explain in a little more detail what happened and what users can expect.

CoinMyne has a growing mining operation, so they use and really liked CGWatcher and CGRemote. They contacted me and asked if I'd like to be able to work on them full-time and have whatever resources I needed (a software developer's dream). I am still in control of all software, though being users of the software themselves, the guys had some great ideas I'll be talking more about soon. Nothing was forced on me or the software - no fine print - no catches - no instant monetization plans. CGWatcher will still be free and will continue to be updated regularly for the foreseeable future. If updates stop it will be because we have something better to offer in its place. CGRemote will continue the path it has already been on... but should progress much faster once I move and get settled in LA (in the next few weeks).

So right now the only thing that changes is that I'll have more time, more resources, and more ideas. I've been approached in the past with similar proposals... but the motivation and vision these guys had really set them apart. In the coming months, I think the users will also be very happy with the decision. We have some very interesting plans for the future... some of which you will be hearing about soon.
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I apologize for the late response... it's been a pretty busy month as some of you may have heard. I'm back home after a week in Miami for the Bitcoin Conference, and now I have a few weeks to pack everything and move to Los Angeles. We've created a new support forum at http://coinmyne.proboards.com so you may find posting there more helpful, as information will be better organized.

Hi, milone, sorry for late answer, the cgwatcher app wolder was in c:\
config files was in c:\users\myname\desktop\profilcgwatch\   <== perhaps the problem.

I try today to move the profile folder and the cgwatcher folder in "my documents" folder. Still the same

See my log files

Thx and sorry for my bad english

I would suggest trying to save a config file outside of the user folder, so somewhere like C:\Configs for example. I'm still learning what quirky behavior Windows 8/8.1 brings in terms of permissions.

milone, would you happen to know what might be wrong when CGWatcher doesn't see a GPU as active?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54281287/cgwatcher_inactive_device.png

Click on the link that says "Incorrect hashrate for this GPU?" to open the GPU Map window. Here you can map the ADL device to the OpenCL device. It should be fairly straight forward since you only have one GPU.

I've set a scheduled action to switch over to a different profile(server) if the main one is not responding and it works great. Is there a way to set the same action to switch back if the backup server is down as well?

I can set the same rule, but with the wording I think they might conflict?

Also, I liked on the previous version where it showed what coin was being mined in the top mining bar. Anyway to set that back?

Thanks!

Yeah I believe they may conflict. I would suggest setting backup pools in your miner config rather than using the scheduler to handle backup pools. This feature is already built into cgminer/bfgminer, and by default will switch to a backup pool if the previous pool goes down. It will then check occasionally to see if that previous pool is back up, and if so, switch back to it.

Showing the coin at the top has not been removed. If CGWatcher is able to determine the coin being mined, it will display it. If you're referring to multi-coin pools, if the pool is not currently providing the information then CGWatcher can't display it. For example, the data hashco.ws provided me is down at the moment, so it cannot display the current hashco.ws coin. I've emailed them and hopefully it is something they can fix quickly.

I downloaded CGwatcher 1.3.4.6 yesterday and my problem with the blank window hasn't occurred since.  If it does occur again, I will try your test build.

Today was the first time since my previous post that I had the problem again.
The problem happened about an hour before I got home. When I got home I noticed it was more quiet than "normally".  All gpu fans were running @ low rpm's.
Both cgminer 3.7.2 & cgwatcher 1.3.4.6 were frozen with empty windows.
When I closed the cgminer window, cgwatcher unfroze and it restarted cgminer, after which the cgwatcher overheat protection kicked in with fans @ 100%, as my gpu's were @ 90 Celsius.
Haven't rebooted this miner since it happened. But everything appears to be normal.

If you haven't already, please download the latest version (1.3.5.2) as it should have some additional handling for a blank miner window.

Hi Milone, great app!

I'm getting - in my Event logs for System - every 10secs a WinRing0_1_2_0 alert.

Is this normal?

I'm trying to troubleshoot my miner disappearing 5 of my 6 GPU's without powering off. They just disppear from the miner, and mine on card.

Any thoughts? am I wasting my time tracking WinRing0_1_2_0?

Thanks

Yeah, this is from CGWatcher. Specifically, from the OpenHardwareMonitor library CGWatcher uses to detect GPUs and get their stats (clock speeds, fan speeds, etc.) It is nothing to worry about, and the events do not take up any significant space even though there are a lot of them listed. I don't believe it is possible to disable the events being logged unless I find another method of getting this information. As for now it's a relatively easy way and there's a lot on the to-do list so it may be a while before I can look into alternative methods.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Hi Milone, great app!

I'm getting - in my Event logs for System - every 10secs a WinRing0_1_2_0 alert.

Is this normal?

I'm trying to troubleshoot my miner disappearing 5 of my 6 GPU's without powering off. They just disppear from the miner, and mine on card.

Any thoughts? am I wasting my time tracking WinRing0_1_2_0?

Thanks
Activity: 16
I downloaded CGwatcher 1.3.4.6 yesterday and my problem with the blank window hasn't occurred since.  If it does occur again, I will try your test build.

Today was the first time since my previous post that I had the problem again.
The problem happened about an hour before I got home. When I got home I noticed it was more quiet than "normally".  All gpu fans were running @ low rpm's.
Both cgminer 3.7.2 & cgwatcher 1.3.4.6 were frozen with empty windows.
When I closed the cgminer window, cgwatcher unfroze and it restarted cgminer, after which the cgwatcher overheat protection kicked in with fans @ 100%, as my gpu's were @ 90 Celsius.
Haven't rebooted this miner since it happened. But everything appears to be normal.

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
I've set a scheduled action to switch over to a different profile(server) if the main one is not responding and it works great. Is there a way to set the same action to switch back if the backup server is down as well?

I can set the same rule, but with the wording I think they might conflict?

Also, I liked on the previous version where it showed what coin was being mined in the top mining bar. Anyway to set that back?

Thanks!
Activity: 12
milone, would you happen to know what might be wrong when CGWatcher doesn't see a GPU as active?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54281287/cgwatcher_inactive_device.png
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531

Hi milone, i have an issue too

It seems that the pool priority won't update when i change it.

For exemple, if in the .conf i put in 0:pool1 and in 1:pool2, and i want to change in 0:pool2 and 1:pool1 via the manage pool and save it, it doesnt take effect.

I need to directly change it in the conf file.

Ps : 1.3.5.2 administrator mode or not, same thing. Win 8 x64

Thx

I'm unable to reproduce this problem in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. If you also can send me cgwatcher.log from your CGWatcher folder I may be able to find errors that occurred and caused this. I would normally say to make sure CGWatcher is able to write to the folder where the config file is located, but running as Administrator should have fixed that... to be clear you're not storing config files in any of the following?:

C:\Program Files
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\ProgramData
C:\Windows
C:\Users\\Desktop

Hi, milone, sorry for late answer, the cgwatcher app wolder was in c:\
config files was in c:\users\myname\desktop\profilcgwatch\   <== perhaps the problem.

I try today to move the profile folder and the cgwatcher folder in "my documents" folder. Still the same

See my log files

Thx and sorry for my bad english

Code:
[23/01/2014 11:38:51]        -- Begin CGWatcher v1.3.5.2 Process -------------------------------------------------------
[23/01/2014 11:38:52]    [d] WER DontShowUI value exists (1) and was set to 1 (disabled).
[23/01/2014 11:38:53]        Active profile is "Dogecoin"
[23/01/2014 11:38:53]        No CGMiner instance found.
[23/01/2014 11:38:53]        Preparing to launch CGMiner in 20 second(s)...
[23/01/2014 11:38:55]        Monitoring is turned on at 10 second intervals.
[23/01/2014 11:39:02]    [d] Monitor.CheckScheduledActions skipped due to one of the following: inside CGWatcher startup period, hardware refresh incomplete, or waiting for miner auto-launch to complete.
[23/01/2014 11:39:12]    [d] Monitor.CheckScheduledActions skipped due to one of the following: inside CGWatcher startup period, hardware refresh incomplete, or waiting for miner auto-launch to complete.
[23/01/2014 11:39:13]        You requested I run CGMiner upon starting. Attempting to start using profile "Dogecoin"...
[23/01/2014 11:39:13]    [d] Preparing to autostart miner using (Miner=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe; Config=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\Profil cgwatch\doge.conf; Arguments=-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --config "C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\Profil cgwatch\doge.conf")
[23/01/2014 11:39:13]    [d] Miner.StartMining called. [Profile=Dogecoin;MinerFile=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerFileUsed=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerExecutable=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;Config=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\CGWatcher-1.3.5\temp.conf (C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\Profil cgwatch\doge.conf);Arguments=-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --config C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\CGWatcher-1.3.5\temp.conf;Anticipated Port=4028;Used Port=4028;IsBatCmd=False;BatCmdPath=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe (C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe);LastKnownInstanceCount=0/0]
[23/01/2014 11:39:13]    [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(3512) returns True. [First try, process is alive.] (CPID3512/CMPID=3512/CBPID=0)
[23/01/2014 11:39:13]    [d] Waiting for CGMiner to initialize API. Process 3512 alive=True, minerid=3512.
[23/01/2014 11:39:14]    [d] Watch for miner, expected process is 3512 (alive).
[23/01/2014 11:39:14]    [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 3512, expecting port 4028.
[23/01/2014 11:39:19]    [d] CGMiner running and API initialized on port 4028, process matched to profile Dogecoin.
[23/01/2014 11:39:19]    [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 3512 (alive).
[23/01/2014 11:39:19]        CGMiner started successfully.
[23/01/2014 11:39:20]        CGMiner was successfully launched upon startup as you requested.
[23/01/2014 11:39:22]    [d] Monitor.Check skipped due to being within 30 seconds of miner start.
[23/01/2014 11:39:32]    [d] Monitor.Check skipped due to being within 30 seconds of miner start.
[23/01/2014 11:39:55]    [d] Coins data for 36 coin(s) updated from CoinChoose.
[23/01/2014 11:39:56]        User clicked Pause Mining button for CGMiner with full API access. Attempting to stop...
[23/01/2014 11:39:56]    [d] Miner.StopMining called: Miner=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;ProcessID=3512 (True);BatchProcessID=0 (False);Config=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\CGWatcher-1.3.5\temp.conf;Arguments=-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --config "C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\Profil cgwatch\doge.conf";HasFullAPIAccess=True;KillOnReadOnlyAccess=True;IsBatCmdFile=False;ProcessID=3512;.
[23/01/2014 11:39:58]        CGMiner stopped successfully.
[23/01/2014 11:39:58]        Mining paused successfully.
[23/01/2014 11:40:25]        User clicked Start Mining button. Attempting to start miner...
[23/01/2014 11:40:25]    [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(3512) returns False. [First try, test process is nothing.  ex: Un processus ayant l'ID 3512 n'est pas exécuté.] (CPID0/CMPID=0/CBPID=0)
[23/01/2014 11:40:25]    [d] Miner.StartMining called. [Profile=Dogecoin;MinerFile=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerFileUsed=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;MinerExecutable=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe;Config=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\CGWatcher-1.3.5\temp.conf (C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\Profil cgwatch\doge.conf);Arguments=-I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --auto-fan --temp-cutoff 95 --config C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\CGWatcher-1.3.5\temp.conf;Anticipated Port=4028;Used Port=4028;IsBatCmd=False;BatCmdPath=C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe (C:\Users\miner-3\Documents\cgminer-3.5.0-windows\cgminer.exe);LastKnownInstanceCount=0/0]
[23/01/2014 11:40:26]    [d] Miner.IsProcessAlive(3440) returns True. [First try, process is alive.] (CPID3440/CMPID=3440/CBPID=0)
[23/01/2014 11:40:26]    [d] Waiting for CGMiner to initialize API. Process 3440 alive=True, minerid=3440.
[23/01/2014 11:40:27]    [d] Watch for miner, expected process is 3440 (alive).
[23/01/2014 11:40:27]    [d] CGMiner process is running using ProcessID 3440, expecting port 4028.
[23/01/2014 11:40:32]    [d] CGMiner running and API initialized on port 4028, process matched to profile Dogecoin.
[23/01/2014 11:40:32]    [d] Finish wait for miner to start, process is 3440 (alive).
[23/01/2014 11:40:32]        CGMiner started successfully.
[23/01/2014 11:40:33]    [d] Monitor.Check skipped due to being within 30 seconds of miner start.
[23/01/2014 11:40:43]    [d] Monitor.Check skipped due to being within 30 seconds of miner start.
Activity: 59
UPDATE: i found a more reliable program that is 100% efficient for the public.  It caters to my requirements and does what it says on the tin.

now i may enjoy the rest of my day without babysitting my computer.
Good for you. Stop bitching about free software. You appear to be too dense to figure out your own problems, which probably have nothing to do with the free software that you are bitching about.
Activity: 50
UPDATE: i found a more reliable program that is 100% efficient for the public.  It caters to my requirements and does what it says on the tin.

now i may enjoy the rest of my day without babysitting my computer.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
i am fedup with pee  ople creating useless programs that dont do wot is on the tin... yes its useful but crashes/freezes when i try and change a setting in windows 7.

if you cant be bothered to test it yourself so it works 100 per       cent dont bother releasing it to the public it has caused me such frustration and has ruined the rest of my day.

now ive had to make a batch file and placed it in the windows startup folder incase i get a powercut the pc turns on and starts the program automatically, however now is the time to search for a program that monitors a batch file so that it starts if bfg crashes.

i shouldnt have to do all this effort

CGWatcher works fine for me, for some reason I thought this was about CGRemote.

Think you need to get a better PC there bud...or learn to use the software a bit better as it works fine. Smiley
Activity: 50
i am fedup with pee  ople creating useless programs that dont do wot is on the tin... yes its useful but crashes/freezes when i try and change a setting in windows 7.

if you cant be bothered to test it yourself so it works 100 per       cent dont bother releasing it to the public it has caused me such frustration and has ruined the rest of my day.

now ive had to make a batch file and placed it in the windows startup folder incase i get a powercut the pc turns on and starts the program automatically, however now is the time to search for a program that monitors a batch file so that it starts if bfg crashes.

i shouldnt have to do all this effort
Activity: 181
Hello, yes it works without the kernel path line, thanks Wink
CGWatcher & CGRemote
stef942, can you try it without the kernel-path setting? I do remember adding some additional escaping for some reason (can't remember exactly at the moment) and I wonder if this is tripping it up. If it works after removing this setting then I at least know what to fix. Thanks.
Activity: 181
I know a few other people are using this for Jupiters, but while it displays the correct "average" hashrate, if you watch cgminer and then watch the CGRemote it does not match the "current hashrate."

It's not a huge deal (it overprojects hashrate by 100-200GH/s--says my Jupiter is doing 900GH/s) but I'm curious if anyone else is having that issue?

Also, Milone, are there smtp notifications for CGRemote? I couldn't find them in the program (if they aren't, can I tack that on a wish list somewhere?)

Thanks

That's odd. If you can send me a bug report, I should be able to tell why this is happening. Click 'Report Bug' in the toolbar, then send me the report it creates.

There will be email notifications in CGRemote, and several users have asked for the ability to use their own server, so it is on the to-do list.

Hi Mr Milone, i cant start bfgminer with the latest version of cgwatcher, this the log file :
 Huh

Have you used older versions of cgwatcher with that version of bfgminer and did it work? I don't believe I changed anything recently related to starting the miner. It looks like the miner starts and then closes immediately... are you able to launch bfgminer outside of cgwatcher using the same config settings?

yes bfgminer works perfectly alone or with version 1.3.3.2

Can you email me your config file and/or arguments? Thanks..

this my config file :

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp:/bitcointalk.org:3333",
"user" : "stef942",
"pass" : "btc",
"pool-priority" : "1"
},
{
"url" : "bitcointalk.org:3333",
"pool-priority" : "2"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://bitcointalk.org:3333",
"pool-priority" : "0"
}
]
"intensity" : "12,12",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "4096,7200",
"shaders" : "1024,1440",
"gpu-engine" : "1000,800",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "1200,0-0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/share/bfgminer",
"scan" : "opencl:auto"

}

thanks
Activity: 210
That is definitely it. In older versions of cgminer, the total current hashrate was not reported via API so CGWatcher & CGRemote calculated it by adding all of the device's hashrates together. I believe in recent versions of cgminer or bfgminer the total current hashrate is reported. The question is then which one to use. I'm thinking the device shows the actual hashrate, and the 5s total takes into account rejects and hardware errors? Or it's a bug. I guess I should change it to only use the device sum hashrate if the total hashrate isn't available (older versions of cgminer).

My october jupiter is running 3.9.0 and reports correctly, like you say it's just the older ones, my november jupiter has been running sweet so never upgraded the firmware hence the older cgminer (Member of the not broke don't fix it group)

It's no biggie for me, the average is accurate enough and at some point I'll upgrade

Makes sense now. I didn't have my October Jupiter in the software yet, so didn't have that comparison. Like I said, it wasn't a huge deal for me either since the average showed up correctly, it was just something I noticed. (and yeah, both my Nov. jupiters do over 680GH/s out of the box, so haven't upgraded them at all either...)
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
That is definitely it. In older versions of cgminer, the total current hashrate was not reported via API so CGWatcher & CGRemote calculated it by adding all of the device's hashrates together. I believe in recent versions of cgminer or bfgminer the total current hashrate is reported. The question is then which one to use. I'm thinking the device shows the actual hashrate, and the 5s total takes into account rejects and hardware errors? Or it's a bug. I guess I should change it to only use the device sum hashrate if the total hashrate isn't available (older versions of cgminer).

My october jupiter is running 3.9.0 and reports correctly, like you say it's just the older ones, my november jupiter has been running sweet so never upgraded the firmware hence the older cgminer (Member of the not broke don't fix it group)

It's no biggie for me, the average is accurate enough and at some point I'll upgrade
CGWatcher & CGRemote
I know a few other people are using this for Jupiters, but while it displays the correct "average" hashrate, if you watch cgminer and then watch the CGRemote it does not match the "current hashrate."

It's not a huge deal (it overprojects hashrate by 100-200GH/s--says my Jupiter is doing 900GH/s) but I'm curious if anyone else is having that issue?

Also, Milone, are there smtp notifications for CGRemote? I couldn't find them in the program (if they aren't, can I tack that on a wish list somewhere?)

Thanks

That's odd. If you can send me a bug report, I should be able to tell why this is happening. Click 'Report Bug' in the toolbar, then send me the report it creates.

I can help, it's pulling the value from 1 whereas I suppose it should get the 5s value at 2

Pages:
Jump to: