Pages:
Author

Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime - page 4. (Read 180386 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
i wrote a config with bfgminer, and then went to profiles in cgwatcher and loaded the config file and get an error on the below line:

Error reading from string.  Unexpected token: StartArray.Path'scan', line 49, position 11.  Here is my line 49:

"scan" : [
   "opencl:auto"
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1"
}
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
geetash:  If it uses a modified cgminer, CGWatcher and CGRemote should work with it assuming the API is left intact. If you can provide more info as to the problems you're having using CGWatcher or CGRemote with this miner, I'll try to get it worked out.

i have tried one of them on another machine and it worked this time. thanks for your support.

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Hey man, I'm so tired working out CGWatcher under Windows 8. Every time I add a pool it goes on the upper row no matter I do, no matter where I do put it.
So when I want to switch back to other pool, nothing changes, so I need to delete every pool before it or create a double at the top.

The other issue is with Windows 8 when I mass switch my miners to other pool (CGRemote) via Windows 7 on them - it works fine, but not on Win 8 machine, it does nothing.

And I'm very curious if you are working on elegant mass-pool switch solution on CGRemote.
Talking back about your reply, I should say that it would be at least nice to have a wildcard option to put a Miner.%digit-up% from 1 to 99 with repetative pass (like "x")

Where are you adding pools in CGWatcher that it is putting it at the top, and what row are you referring to?

Mylo:

As for mass pool switching and Windows 8, I'm not aware of any reason it should behave differently than Windows 7. As long as you are connected to the miner it should work the same. You can try adding a pool to a Windows 8 miner yourself using the miner's API in CGRemote: Open the miner's window (button with magnifying glass), and click on API in the middle toolbar. In the "Miner API Command" box, type:

addpool|URL,Worker,Password

(Obviously replace URL, Worker, and Password with your pool's URL, your worker name, and password).

Click Submit, and let me know what the miner's response is (in the large textbox).

We are definitely working on a more elegant way to perform mass add and switch pools in CGRemote. If your miners are running CGWatcher, you'll be able to use variables... so, for example, you could set the worker name to %worker% and create a variable on each miner in CGWatcher called worker, and set it to the worker name for each miner. There will also be an option to enter worker names and passwords for each miner, as well as a numbering system where you can assign each miner a number and use something like "worker.N" where N is the number and worker can be any word you choose.

We just automated the payment processing for CGRemote, which is a big step because the number of users joining each day keeps rising and processing them manually was taking a large portion of my time. So I'm back to working solely on CGWatcher and CGRemote updates. We also have some other plans and have come up with some pretty awesome ideas we'll have more information on soon.

geetash:  If it uses a modified cgminer, CGWatcher and CGRemote should work with it assuming the API is left intact. If you can provide more info as to the problems you're having using CGWatcher or CGRemote with this miner, I'll try to get it worked out.

geetash: I don't have one of these... what does it require that makes supporting it different from other devices?
its a scrypt ASIC and there is a version of modified cgminer to support it. too bad that you dont have one. Sad
Code:
https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355
Activity: 196
%insert your text% soon!
Working on updates for both CGWatcher and CGRemote right now... should have them out by Monday.

techman05: I don't see whitelisting or blacklisting in API or config settings, so it would be difficult for CGWatcher to do anything with these. Can you explain a little more about what you'd like it to do? Does CGWatcher say why the restart is triggered in its log?

geetash: I don't have one of these... what does it require that makes supporting it different from other devices?
Hey man, I'm so tired working out CGWatcher under Windows 8. Every time I add a pool it goes on the upper row no matter I do, no matter where I do put it.
So when I want to switch back to other pool, nothing changes, so I need to delete every pool before it or create a double at the top.

The other issue is with Windows 8 when I mass switch my miners to other pool (CGRemote) via Windows 7 on them - it works fine, but not on Win 8 machine, it does nothing.

And I'm very curious if you are working on elegant mass-pool switch solution on CGRemote.
Talking back about your reply, I should say that it would be at least nice to have a wildcard option to put a Miner.%digit-up% from 1 to 99 with repetative pass (like "x")
CGWatcher & CGRemote
Working on updates for both CGWatcher and CGRemote right now... should have them out by Monday.

techman05: I don't see whitelisting or blacklisting in API or config settings, so it would be difficult for CGWatcher to do anything with these. Can you explain a little more about what you'd like it to do? Does CGWatcher say why the restart is triggered in its log?

it would be great if you can add support for gridseed miners
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Any idea when the next version update is coming out. The new cgminer has white lists and black lists and if I try to use them cgwatcher kills the cgminer and restarts it.

I'm hoping for some kind of watchlist built into cgwatcher if its not already there so if I decide I don't want device x it will save it to cgwatcher till I re-enable the device or remove cgwatcher.

Thanks
Activity: 527
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
hello.

using your software about 2 months. remote and watcher. everything is great.

i have two rig. i use cgwatcher both of them.

today i added to my second rig 2 new gpus. no any windows based or software based changes happend. just added new gpus and run. first time cgwatcher seems smooth i got the normal hashrate.

then i made a reset pc. windows logged in and opened cgwatcher, but first time i see that cgwatcher trying to access api but it cant, cgminer starting but it wont mine. just it connect to pool.

its first time happened me and im running cgminer alone now but im worry about sick or dead issue so cgwatcher is a software i cant throw it away.

what should i do? should i go w8.1 from w7?

thanks.

(other rig is okey with no problem.)

Have you done a clean driver uninstall and then a reinstall?

DDU works great for that. Win 7 should be fine with up to 4-5 cards.

no i now deleting my drivers with driver sweeper i will write the result. thanks.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to go into the registry and turn ULPS off as well.

Search for enableulps and change every entry from 1 to 0.

hello. deleted with driver sweeper. deleted appsdk

and i re installed that. now cgwatcher is working smooth. thanks for your help.

Glad to help.
Activity: 154
Yukki Yukki Yukki!
hello.

today i added to my second rig 2 new gpus. no any windows based or software based changes happend. just added new gpus and run. first time cgwatcher seems smooth i got the normal hashrate.

then i made a reset pc. windows logged in and opened cgwatcher, but first time i see that cgwatcher trying to access api but it cant, cgminer starting but it wont mine. just it connect to pool.

its first time happened me and im running cgminer alone now but im worry about sick or dead issue so cgwatcher is a software i cant throw it away.

thanks.

no i now deleting my drivers with driver sweeper i will write the result. thanks.

hello. deleted with driver sweeper. deleted appsdk

and i re installed that. now cgwatcher is working smooth. thanks for your help.
hello.

thanks.

Yukki Yukki Yukki!
hello.

thanks.

hello.

thanks.

Yukki Yukki Yukki!
hello.

thanks.

CGWatcher & CGRemote
The monitoring option to restart the miner/computer if the hashrate exceeds a given threshold has been added and will be in the next update (1.3.6).

Hi! I'm getting an issue. When the miner looses conection it doesn't connect again, keeps showing waiting work from pools. This just happens with cgwatcher ,if I just cgminer alone it doesn't happen.

Any clue?

Thanks!

Once the miner is running CGWatcher doesn't do anything to it unless you've set monitoring or scheduling to perform an action. The miner losing its connection to the pool and reconnecting should be the same regardless of whether you're using CGWatcher or not. The only time CGWatcher would get involved is if you set it to restart the miner/computer when accepted shares stop increasing, which would happen if the pool connection was down.

It seems like the profitability adjustment field isn't being used in the profitability chart.. and I can't use it in a custom field value either. I'd like to use this to set Vertcoin profitability to about 0.5 times what Coinchoose reports.

What is the adjustment you used for Vertcoin? "*0.5" (without quotes)? I just tested this and it worked correctly, cutting the profitability field values by half. Make sure you click the Save button after adding the adjustment in the Coin Manager window.

Hey Justin,

Today I tried your software but can't get it why there is no mass pool change option?
Still I found something like it when you create a new pool and forward your miners to it but there is only one option for LOGIN and PASSWORD.

Can you automate miner's names and passwords?
Like when I enter "Miner" in pool's login area it adds up number 1, 2 to whatever the miner number I have. Password can be the same for all of them.

It just doesn't work that way right now and I still need to do all that manually.

This gets a little tricky because miners might not be numbered in the same way you're expecting them to be. They're initially numbered in the order that they're added, but if I remember correctly, removing a miner and then adding one will use the first available ID, putting it out of chronological order.

It may be possible to do this with variables in CGWatcher, and I've made some changes to allow for using variables when adding a pool to miners in CGRemote. You could then set the pool username to a variable (e.g. %username%) and the password to a variable (e.g. %password%) and then set these variables in CGWatcher on each of your miners. Whenever you join a new pool, just create the same worker names and passwords as is set in the variables. This would allow you to add a pool to all or selected miners at once while still assigning unique workers to each miner.

If you have any ideas that make this easier, I'm definitely open to suggestions. It'd be possible to allow for some built-in variables, like %name%, which would use the miner's name... but it would need to remove spaces and doesn't seem like the cleanest way to handle it considering everyone has their own naming style. Perhaps a step where you can enter unique usernames and passwords for each miner before adding the pool to them?

Also, don't forget to check out the new support forum at http://www.minerremote.com/support, where you can get help and suggest features for CGWatcher and CGRemote. It will be much easier to find information having a whole forum devoted to the software instead of a single thread.
Activity: 196
%insert your text% soon!
Very Large thread, somewhat frustrated so I will just ask and hope this has come up...

I have noticed a sizable 50-65% more internet bandwidth usage when using cgwatcher and cgremote. To the point where I blew over my ISP bandwidth cap for the month after 7 days of normal mining.

For example, mining 2 computers 2100 Khash was using 3-4 GB a day

With Cgwatcher and Cgremote seeing 30-40 Gb a day.

Has anyone else had this issue or know why this monitoring software is causing this?

Do some tests your self if you don't believe me.

1 700 K/hash card:
5 Minutes of mining produced 42 MB with just plain old cgminer running on mint coin.
5 Minutes with cgwatcher and cgremote produced 125MB same coin.

Thoughts?

I really like this software but it has just become unusable due to this concern.

- Chris

Is CGRemote connecting to CGWatcher over the Internet? If they're on the same LAN, it only rarely connects to the Internet to get a minimal amount of information. Even if you are connecting CGRemote to CGWatcher over the Internet... 30GB/day is a ton. I just added a 'bytes sent' and 'bytes received' running total that will be displayed in Settings -> Network tab (in the next update). On a typical refresh of a one-GPU miner, it is sending around 2kB and received around 7kB per refresh on miners running CGWatcher. For miners not running CGWatcher, it sends around 58 bytes and receives around 6kB per refresh. There may be additional usage when downloading coin profitability data, but it shouldn't happen frequently enough to have any significant effect on network usage. There also may be more data received for miners with more devices.

You have two miners, correct? How often are they being updated in CGRemote? And how many devices per miner?

I'm going to try to get this update out quickly so we can hopefully figure out what is using the bandwidth. Maybe I'll add additional totals for any web data that is downloaded.

I know having a single forum thread is not ideal for support. Please visit the new support forum at http://www.minerremote.com/support where topics can be separated and easier to find.
Hey Justin,

Today I tried your software but can't get it why there is no mass pool change option?
Still I found something like it when you create a new pool and forward your miners to it but there is only one option for LOGIN and PASSWORD.

Can you automate miner's names and passwords?
Like when I enter "Miner" in pool's login area it adds up number 1, 2 to whatever the miner number I have. Password can be the same for all of them.

It just doesn't work that way right now and I still need to do all that manually.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Hey all,

I have some strange problem with one of my cards.
I will try to explain to you in a few words. So I have 3 same MSI 280X Gaming cards. All are running with same settings - I 13, thread-concurency 14336, enginge clock 1050, memory clock 1500, temp is always at 75C. All three produce around 710kH/s what's ok. But the problem here is that the second and only second card is always crushing, after around 24h the SGMiner reports that the card is dead or sick (I did undervolt them), but why is only one card crashing?
Next thing which is strange, is this: i set some monitor features in CGWatcher, in which I restart the PC if one of the cards is dead/sick or if the total hashrate drops below certain value. But what should i do, if my total hash rate increases insanely? Like you can see in the below pictures? Second card is obvious dead, but the SGMiner reports that's it mining with 300+MH/s. Can you give me some advice, what should I do about the card or which settings should I change in CGwatcer, to restart the PC if that happens?

Don't worry buddy, iv'e got the same issue....
He's allready got it on he's to-do list for the next patch....
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
Hi! I'm getting an issue. When the miner looses conection it doesn't connect again, keeps showing waiting work from pools. This just happens with cgwatcher ,if I just cgminer alone it doesn't happen.

Any clue?

Thanks!
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Hi milone,

is the modified sgminer supported by your software?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795

i like mining DRK - but it could only be done with the sgminer...

i had tested it on one rig, but CGWatcher 1.3.3.2 did not close sgminer correctly - so it stopped working

Edit 1: i'm just testing the newest version 1.3.5.3 Wink - at the first glance it looks better to work with the miner
Edit 2: killing the miner + restart works with that new version - bright software!
Edit 3: the 1.3.5.3 seems to make his job on one of my rigs - installation on the other rigs - thanks
Edit 4: now it works fine on all rigs
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
It seems like the profitability adjustment field isn't being used in the profitability chart.. and I can't use it in a custom field value either. I'd like to use this to set Vertcoin profitability to about 0.5 times what Coinchoose reports.
Pages:
Jump to: