Pages:
Author

Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops - page 2. (Read 1407 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
https://www.bitc2.org/
November 07, 2018, 06:52:57 PM

I think now everything is much better than before, many admins began to strengthen the protection. I think you just have to follow the process carefully, as I do. Now, no one can be relied on except for yourself, and suddenly if you notice this, then you need to contact the admin and provide evidence.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
November 07, 2018, 06:47:39 PM
cheating in the bounty is possible almost every time. especially the most can be felt is on the part of social media. many new bitcointalk accounts in the registration of that and even many of the names that are almost the same. the obvious course is owned by one person only. not to mention the signature on which there are several wallets related intercompany account. of course, this is also a great and real fraud that exists in the forum.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 06:32:57 PM
I have also been a victim of this once.  It is a big shame really, the length some people go to to rob other people of the chance to earn some crypto.  Unfortunately, where or when there is free money, people loose their moral compass and want a get rich quick way.   Many bounty/airdrop projects are wise with their checks Now by asking folks to put their ether address or coin address in their bct profile etc.   Just one of the things you can do to avoid being a victim.  
Activity: 293
November 07, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
It has always seemed to me that a two-step authentication would be quite beneficial for the ecosystem, but as you can see, the people in the cryptos are not the most interested in regulations, unfortunately that's why we are being victims of so many scams, sooner or later we will have to decide between privacy and security.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
November 07, 2018, 06:27:24 PM
Well, it's very useful to look up the spreadsheets sometimes. At least in those bounty programs which you are taking part in. It will help you to prevent some stressful arguing with bounty managers and will save your money. And what about those cheating morons? Well, I bet there is a dedicated circle of hell for them where they are trying to convince the worst bounty managers (from adjacent circle Smiley ) to change some spreadsheet info.
Activity: 158
Merit: 14
November 07, 2018, 12:44:38 PM
Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?

Some bounties sometimes do not display the address of the blog / website of the participants in their spreadsheets, I think it is very effective to reduce the cheaters to abuse your blog address and profile. Cheaters become one of the serious problems in the bounty, because bounty managers will take a long time in assessing and distributing tokens, the point is we must be active in participating in a bounty, when we find cheaters misusing our work immediately report to the bounty manager.
Activity: 854
Merit: 502
CTO & Spokesman
November 07, 2018, 11:34:01 AM
in my opinion it is the job of the manager's bounty to fix the final spreadsheet so that those who have cheated using someone else's profile can be found, and one way by reporting work on the thread can block cheating on airdrop/bounty
I had seen that kind of bounty manager, he diligently filtering those scammers. He put the scammer in the same place and then mark them accordingly.
I really thankful to that kind of bounty manager.

Yes that's the job of bounty manager but I have seen a lot of bounty manager didn't updates their spreadsheet and after the campaign just giving stakes all the participants without reviewing. Nowadays some of manager became a lazy, that's why a lot of  cheater have been successful by cheating. If you see that there is a cheater, don't hesitate to report it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
November 07, 2018, 10:43:36 AM
in my opinion it is the job of the manager's bounty to fix the final spreadsheet so that those who have cheated using someone else's profile can be found, and one way by reporting work on the thread can block cheating on airdrop/bounty
I had seen that kind of bounty manager, he diligently filtering those scammers. He put the scammer in the same place and then mark them accordingly.
I really thankful to that kind of bounty manager.
Activity: 447
Merit: 11
Koinomo
November 07, 2018, 10:38:33 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
November 07, 2018, 10:32:09 AM
Well, i met some same cases like you before, my name and profile link appeared in many bounty and airdrop sheets but i never join them. I messaged the manager requiring they delete my name, some deleted but some didn't.  That's only for what i found, i believe that my name appeared in many other sheets because there are thousands of campaigns in this forum, and i can't check all of them. So, i think to stop this problem, bounty and airdrop managers must require "Proof of authentication" post.
Activity: 686
Merit: 39
November 07, 2018, 10:11:49 AM
There were dozen times the scammer used my btt profile to register his eth address, mostly on telegram and twitter campaign. That's why posting a proof of authentication rule for bounty hunter is important to prevent the scammer to use your btt profile to get the stakes. To help reduce the cheaters is to report them to the bounty manager by providing the proof, don't be silent.
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
November 07, 2018, 10:09:57 AM
All bounty form should have proof of participation or authentication to avoid cheaters to steal our works, I also become a victim, so lucky I reported it early, but how about those did not noticed that their work is being stolen by these cheaters, so only join bounties that have authentication.
Activity: 363
November 07, 2018, 10:06:36 AM
I think this problem is very easy to solve. As long as the bounty manager catches the post with the wallet address request in the user profile, it can be eliminated
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
November 07, 2018, 09:54:39 AM
In my perspectice if there is a cheating attempt just make a report to bounty manager. Ask him to check the spreadsheet and ban that person from the campaign. We need to check our BCT on spreadsheet to avoid cheater. Or maybe kyc is also good option for this case.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 07, 2018, 09:39:36 AM
I think  that is one of the reasons why some managers and bounties are starting to be strict by doing a lot of actions to verify bounty hunters' identity before receiving bounties. That is why the forum also started a new system to avoid people from creating a lot of accounts for bounties.
Activity: 434
November 07, 2018, 09:31:42 AM
I think this is the reason why more and more projects require hunters to conduct KYC, and now these fraudsters are also trying to fake information to pass KYC.
If cheating with KYC then we can hardly find out, because KYC is a factor that helps us distinguish between fraudulent ICO and real ICO, but there are many other factors that help us. See what ICO is a scam ICO
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
November 07, 2018, 09:21:09 AM
i saw it also in most of telegram campaigns, too many clones using or stealing other forums names, twitter and fb profiles. i think bounty managers will do more reviews on spreadsheets.
Activity: 932
Merit: 100
arcs-chain.com
November 07, 2018, 05:46:28 AM
I think this is the reason why more and more projects require hunters to conduct KYC, and now these fraudsters are also trying to fake information to pass KYC.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM
November 07, 2018, 05:39:11 AM
It is a big problem nowadays, people are using multi accounts to earn more from one bounty programme and I think it is unfair to the other participants. There should be a KYC for every bounty, so every hunter will get what he deserves.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 07, 2018, 03:46:02 AM
Hi just try our airdrop program that is real!https://ftka.io/
Pages:
Jump to: